Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Alerts and Clearing
1 2
I don't know if it's been suggested before, but I feel having a "Clear all Alerts" button would be incredibly useful. It's a struggle to clear almost 30+ pages when they get to that and on top of that the repetitive motion of clicking that fast and frequently isn't the best for one's hand. If not a Clear All button, perhaps just a way to clear more than one at once. Like one does when clearing emails, selecting them and then collecting delete?
I don't know if it's been suggested before, but I feel having a "Clear all Alerts" button would be incredibly useful. It's a struggle to clear almost 30+ pages when they get to that and on top of that the repetitive motion of clicking that fast and frequently isn't the best for one's hand. If not a Clear All button, perhaps just a way to clear more than one at once. Like one does when clearing emails, selecting them and then collecting delete?
367d892fcecdec67c416a9f373daff05cf451767.png
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

WTRVHVo.pngHdmxfuE.png3Fro3Vn.png
J7D1quC.pnglAkpsXv.pngxBEAdV6.png
signature credit to alacrity & fluffmoth
This would be very useful. Anyone who has subscribed to a thread which then blew up knows the struggle... especially if they did so overnight...
This would be very useful. Anyone who has subscribed to a thread which then blew up knows the struggle... especially if they did so overnight...
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

We NEED this! Like Renaiwon said, if a thread you subscribed to blows up knows what it's like. You have my support!
._.
* Chocolate month *
Doin me a fascinate
Support. I see this as helping FR's servers too--less alert logs to remember on the back end.
Support. I see this as helping FR's servers too--less alert logs to remember on the back end.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
S U P P O R T

I'm dealing with this exact problem as we speak... Aaaaauuuggghh.
S U P P O R T

I'm dealing with this exact problem as we speak... Aaaaauuuggghh.

Dragons For
Sale/Trade

qWLki6G.png

|she/her|FR+3|
KcjeOJT.png x
GVedbhm.gif
xCgzsKIW.png
How about having one alert per thread? Something like "So-and-so thread has been responded to since your last visit", and then when you click the link it takes you to the start of the new comments, and you can click through them in chronological order, rather than a note for every comment which could dump you anywhere in the thread unless you click the absolute newest one.

Having just the one notification for each thread would significantly cut down on alert spam.
How about having one alert per thread? Something like "So-and-so thread has been responded to since your last visit", and then when you click the link it takes you to the start of the new comments, and you can click through them in chronological order, rather than a note for every comment which could dump you anywhere in the thread unless you click the absolute newest one.

Having just the one notification for each thread would significantly cut down on alert spam.
@Farah Oooh, I like that idea, and it would not only help when you have tons of alerts to clear. I've had times when I get more notifications than show up in the dropdown, and several of them are replies to one thread, but I always have to open the alerts page to make sure I find the first one.
@Farah Oooh, I like that idea, and it would not only help when you have tons of alerts to clear. I've had times when I get more notifications than show up in the dropdown, and several of them are replies to one thread, but I always have to open the alerts page to make sure I find the first one.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
Don't alerts clear themselves after so-ever-many days? Like, a month, I think?

Having a single alert for a certain thread sounds good to me, though.
Don't alerts clear themselves after so-ever-many days? Like, a month, I think?

Having a single alert for a certain thread sounds good to me, though.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I was under the impression that alerts cleared when you clicked on the alerts button? Is that not how it works?

To be fair I've only ever accumulated 10-15 odd notifs at a time but sometimes it's a little annoying as I need to remember how many to count down my alerts list to see which are new and which are old >_<
I was under the impression that alerts cleared when you clicked on the alerts button? Is that not how it works?

To be fair I've only ever accumulated 10-15 odd notifs at a time but sometimes it's a little annoying as I need to remember how many to count down my alerts list to see which are new and which are old >_<
bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png Barracuda
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
OL: 04:00~19:00
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
I second this idea. I used to subscribe to a bunch of forum games that kept getting 20-30 notifications daily. I've unsubscribed from most of them but I still have 30+ pages of notifications to clear and I'm pretty sure removing each one individually is a good way to get carpal tunnel
I second this idea. I used to subscribe to a bunch of forum games that kept getting 20-30 notifications daily. I've unsubscribed from most of them but I still have 30+ pages of notifications to clear and I'm pretty sure removing each one individually is a good way to get carpal tunnel
TVFeljP.png About Me
FR+0
1 2