Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Display (1) on single coli drops
I first thought about this when I had a Weathered gene drop after Gaolers had been out a couple of weeks. I happily scampered to the AH to sell it...and found, to my surprise, that I actually had two of them.

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice surprise - but on the other hand, if I'd known about that first gene whenever it originally dropped, it would likely have been worth much more.

Since the coli loot screen displays items in release order, the newest items will always be farthest to the right, so there's no 'gap' between already-loaded images to let you know something else is coming. So the most-desirable items are generally the ones you're most likely not to realize you've obtained. I frequently end up with unexpected fest chests in my hoard as well, most likely due to this.

Just did my gathering, and I realized that even though images load individually, you never have this problem because even single-drop items have a '1' in text to let you know there will be something there.

Upon reflection, I believe that in loot screens, you generally do see the number come up before the image loads for multi-drops - but of course things like genes and chests generally travel alone :)

Thoughts? Would you consider this a convenience or just clutter?
I first thought about this when I had a Weathered gene drop after Gaolers had been out a couple of weeks. I happily scampered to the AH to sell it...and found, to my surprise, that I actually had two of them.

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice surprise - but on the other hand, if I'd known about that first gene whenever it originally dropped, it would likely have been worth much more.

Since the coli loot screen displays items in release order, the newest items will always be farthest to the right, so there's no 'gap' between already-loaded images to let you know something else is coming. So the most-desirable items are generally the ones you're most likely not to realize you've obtained. I frequently end up with unexpected fest chests in my hoard as well, most likely due to this.

Just did my gathering, and I realized that even though images load individually, you never have this problem because even single-drop items have a '1' in text to let you know there will be something there.

Upon reflection, I believe that in loot screens, you generally do see the number come up before the image loads for multi-drops - but of course things like genes and chests generally travel alone :)

Thoughts? Would you consider this a convenience or just clutter?
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
I'll definitely support. I got a weathered gene on the second day of release, I think, and the only reason I saw the drop on the loot screen was because I dosed off just as battle finished and woke up to the surprised drop. If I was wide awake there wouldn't be enough time for the item icon to load before I hit continue.

And I can confirm that the number shows up before images, so this would be helpful.
I'll definitely support. I got a weathered gene on the second day of release, I think, and the only reason I saw the drop on the loot screen was because I dosed off just as battle finished and woke up to the surprised drop. If I was wide awake there wouldn't be enough time for the item icon to load before I hit continue.

And I can confirm that the number shows up before images, so this would be helpful.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
So if we can just have one thing, I'd rather have a simple page that is a list of the day's coli loot that just creates a running tally of items that have dropped that day and gets wiped at rollover. Because then you'd be able to track everything that drops, without needing to be paying attention on each loot screen. And aside from just generally being able to see what a coli session has gotten you it'd be useful for coli challenges, for-pay grinding, tracking profits to time spent ratio, and measuring droprates. Plus whatever else I haven't thought of.

However, this would be useful too, I don't pay a lot of attention to the loot screen -it takes so long to load that it's not worth it when I could be earning the next battle's drops instead. But at least a visible way of telling if it's actually going to load anything else (or that it's a loot-less battle and waiting won't show you anything) would be nice to have.
So if we can just have one thing, I'd rather have a simple page that is a list of the day's coli loot that just creates a running tally of items that have dropped that day and gets wiped at rollover. Because then you'd be able to track everything that drops, without needing to be paying attention on each loot screen. And aside from just generally being able to see what a coli session has gotten you it'd be useful for coli challenges, for-pay grinding, tracking profits to time spent ratio, and measuring droprates. Plus whatever else I haven't thought of.

However, this would be useful too, I don't pay a lot of attention to the loot screen -it takes so long to load that it's not worth it when I could be earning the next battle's drops instead. But at least a visible way of telling if it's actually going to load anything else (or that it's a loot-less battle and waiting won't show you anything) would be nice to have.
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2019-06-25 12:09:13" ] So if we can just have one thing, I'd rather have a simple page that is a list of the day's coli loot that just creates a running tally of items that have dropped that day and gets wiped at rollover. Because then you'd be able to track everything that drops, without needing to be paying attention on each loot screen. And aside from just generally being able to see what a coli session has gotten you it'd be useful for coli challenges, for-pay grinding, tracking profits to time spent ratio, and measuring droprates. Plus whatever else I haven't thought of. However, this would be useful too, I don't pay a lot of attention to the loot screen -it takes so long to load that it's not worth it when I could be earning the next battle's drops instead. But at least a visible way of telling if it's actually going to load anything else (or that it's a loot-less battle and waiting won't show you anything) would be nice to have. [/quote] This actually sounds like a really handy thing to have that I would love. It would make tracking productivity, profits and drop rates so much easier. I do see a problem with it being an issue for the site or the server. Having to track ever players drops for the entire day is a lot of work. Right now, it only need display them once at the end of the battle, not keep track of everything you've gotten for the entire day.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2019-06-25 12:09:13:

This actually sounds like a really handy thing to have that I would love. It would make tracking productivity, profits and drop rates so much easier. I do see a problem with it being an issue for the site or the server. Having to track ever players drops for the entire day is a lot of work. Right now, it only need display them once at the end of the battle, not keep track of everything you've gotten for the entire day.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
[quote name="hat17" date="2019-06-25 07:09:17" ] I can confirm that the number shows up before images, so this would be helpful. [/quote] Thank you! (And good point PersimmonBird about the lootless battles, an absence of numbers would allow player to more confidently click out of empty screens.) ~ Possibly similar to the 'daily loot' screen, which would be handy but not immediate, I also [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2610108/]suggested[/url] a while back that custom hoard tabs might be a good feature - if implemented, you could have an 'incoming' tab as we can with the lair, which players could keep only for new unsorted loot if they wanted.
hat17 wrote on 2019-06-25 07:09:17:
I can confirm that the number shows up before images, so this would be helpful.

Thank you! (And good point PersimmonBird about the lootless battles, an absence of numbers would allow player to more confidently click out of empty screens.)

~

Possibly similar to the 'daily loot' screen, which would be handy but not immediate, I also suggested a while back that custom hoard tabs might be a good feature - if implemented, you could have an 'incoming' tab as we can with the lair, which players could keep only for new unsorted loot if they wanted.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
I still think about this every time I have a slow-loading loot screen.
I still think about this every time I have a slow-loading loot screen.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
I would love to see this implemented, it's never even occurred to me that this could be an issue. Now that you mention it though, it would make me more confident about clicking off empty loot screens.
I would love to see this implemented, it's never even occurred to me that this could be an issue. Now that you mention it though, it would make me more confident about clicking off empty loot screens.
wq9PoXA.png
I was thinking about this a lot while grinding for the new HR fams on mobile last week. Since new-that-session item icons can load slowly sometimes, I kept lingering on the loot screens after a battle with them all 'You're [i]sure[/i] I don't have a fam drop coming?' [emoji=guardian tongue size=1]
I was thinking about this a lot while grinding for the new HR fams on mobile last week. Since new-that-session item icons can load slowly sometimes, I kept lingering on the loot screens after a battle with them all 'You're sure I don't have a fam drop coming?'
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Big support oof
Sometimes I just don’t know what important things I get (Unhatched eggs, genes, apparel, etc) from the coli simply because the picture didn’t load so I don’t know that I actually got something. Having the number one under it will be very helpful
Big support oof
Sometimes I just don’t know what important things I get (Unhatched eggs, genes, apparel, etc) from the coli simply because the picture didn’t load so I don’t know that I actually got something. Having the number one under it will be very helpful
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
Support!

This, and all of the suggestions in the comments, are really good ideas! I rarely do the Coli now, but when I do, it's always a bit of a pain when the loot screen takes a while to load and I don't know what I get.

The (1) on the single items is a fantastic idea and will help a lot of players.

The tally of the daily loot thing is a good idea, but, like some of the other commenters, I can see how this could cause problems with the site/server and stuff. One thing that might work is having a pop-up or something when going back to the main Coliseum screen, or when the page is refreshed or you click something to go to a different Flight Rising page. It would also work if you accidently clicked something and then clicked the back button. (That sounded better in my head, now that I've typed it out, so maybe this wasn't as good of an idea as I thought...)

Anyways, fantastic idea, OP!
Support!

This, and all of the suggestions in the comments, are really good ideas! I rarely do the Coli now, but when I do, it's always a bit of a pain when the loot screen takes a while to load and I don't know what I get.

The (1) on the single items is a fantastic idea and will help a lot of players.

The tally of the daily loot thing is a good idea, but, like some of the other commenters, I can see how this could cause problems with the site/server and stuff. One thing that might work is having a pop-up or something when going back to the main Coliseum screen, or when the page is refreshed or you click something to go to a different Flight Rising page. It would also work if you accidently clicked something and then clicked the back button. (That sounded better in my head, now that I've typed it out, so maybe this wasn't as good of an idea as I thought...)

Anyways, fantastic idea, OP!
Queen Elsa of Arendelle
Tumblr: rileysfs.tumblr.com
AO3: RileySFS
Discord: QueenElsa#0842

Please read my clan profile for further information and/or to see my projects.