Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scrying Workshop
My idea would essentially be to merge the Assay Bloodlines and Foresee Progeny functions since they accept the same input and neither takes up that much space on the screen. It's unnecessary for them to be separate, programmatically and logically speaking, in my opinion. It just creates more hassle for the user, as we would have to keep visiting two separate pages.

If the dragons aren't compatible -> Show the message that says these dragons can't breed
(optional: Add a checkbox or something that says "see potential offspring anyway" for people who would replace a conflicting dragon with an unrelated but similar one)

If the dragons are compatible -> Show a message saying so, and show the selection of potential breeding results.
My idea would essentially be to merge the Assay Bloodlines and Foresee Progeny functions since they accept the same input and neither takes up that much space on the screen. It's unnecessary for them to be separate, programmatically and logically speaking, in my opinion. It just creates more hassle for the user, as we would have to keep visiting two separate pages.

If the dragons aren't compatible -> Show the message that says these dragons can't breed
(optional: Add a checkbox or something that says "see potential offspring anyway" for people who would replace a conflicting dragon with an unrelated but similar one)

If the dragons are compatible -> Show a message saying so, and show the selection of potential breeding results.
I'm Cele from PokeFarm Q. I like collecting familiars and pretty dragons. That's about all I need to say, right?

Oh, and Coatls and Obelisks are friend-shaped. Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk.
This would make a lot of sense, and if it wouldn't be totally unreasonable to code I'd love to see it
This would make a lot of sense, and if it wouldn't be totally unreasonable to code I'd love to see it
wq9PoXA.png
This has come up before a multiple times. I'd sort of support on the condition it runs the bloodline check on a SEPARATE button on the page not bundled in with the forsee one. For two main reasons.
When you are using assay you enter the id# and click once and get your answer. Unless your dragons are near identical scrying hatchlings usually happens multiple times to see what the results of a pair can be - running the bloodline check for every click is a pointless strain on systems. And adding that message to every hatchling scry is just wasting people's time.

Two. If I'm using a stand-in dragon and scrying multiple times I don't want to have extra clicks to get past the "not compatible" warning every time I refresh the prediction.

Also from a personal standpoint, I'd rather they just make it easier to move between the pages with the #s carrying over (and easier to add dragons from your lair as well) and then made Assay give a more detailed lineage, which wouldn't be suitable for the progeny scrying page.
This has come up before a multiple times. I'd sort of support on the condition it runs the bloodline check on a SEPARATE button on the page not bundled in with the forsee one. For two main reasons.
When you are using assay you enter the id# and click once and get your answer. Unless your dragons are near identical scrying hatchlings usually happens multiple times to see what the results of a pair can be - running the bloodline check for every click is a pointless strain on systems. And adding that message to every hatchling scry is just wasting people's time.

Two. If I'm using a stand-in dragon and scrying multiple times I don't want to have extra clicks to get past the "not compatible" warning every time I refresh the prediction.

Also from a personal standpoint, I'd rather they just make it easier to move between the pages with the #s carrying over (and easier to add dragons from your lair as well) and then made Assay give a more detailed lineage, which wouldn't be suitable for the progeny scrying page.
Sure, you can just run a test right quick to see if the IDs changed since the last hatchling scry and skip the bloodline test if they haven't. That's a much easier test on the system to perform on every click. Or, as you said, just make it two buttons on the same screen.

I don't think the "not compatible" message would be an issue, I wasn't thinking of it being implemented as a pop-up message. I was thinking that the scrying area would simply have it written across it unless you chose to show scrys anyway. Hrm. Something to think about.
Sure, you can just run a test right quick to see if the IDs changed since the last hatchling scry and skip the bloodline test if they haven't. That's a much easier test on the system to perform on every click. Or, as you said, just make it two buttons on the same screen.

I don't think the "not compatible" message would be an issue, I wasn't thinking of it being implemented as a pop-up message. I was thinking that the scrying area would simply have it written across it unless you chose to show scrys anyway. Hrm. Something to think about.
I'm Cele from PokeFarm Q. I like collecting familiars and pretty dragons. That's about all I need to say, right?

Oh, and Coatls and Obelisks are friend-shaped. Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk.