Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragons in more than one lair tab
This isn't asking for a free increase on the OVERALL number of slots

Essentially, I have a tab that says "lore dragons" and a tab that says "breeding pairs" but some of my lore dragons are breeding pairs and it would be nice if I could have them in more than one tab at once. Not asking to bump the total number of dragons or anything, just showing your own dragons in more than one tab.

Fine if not, I super appreciate the update! Just thought I'd throw this out there
This isn't asking for a free increase on the OVERALL number of slots

Essentially, I have a tab that says "lore dragons" and a tab that says "breeding pairs" but some of my lore dragons are breeding pairs and it would be nice if I could have them in more than one tab at once. Not asking to bump the total number of dragons or anything, just showing your own dragons in more than one tab.

Fine if not, I super appreciate the update! Just thought I'd throw this out there
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
I know that this suggestion is three years old but I'd like to second this suggestion, I finally figured out how I want to use tabs but also would still massively prefer having my dragons still all in one place (i.e. 'in order', if that makes sense) while also being able to still sort them. Or at least make it so that that I can set some sort of default order when scrolling through my dragons.
I know that this suggestion is three years old but I'd like to second this suggestion, I finally figured out how I want to use tabs but also would still massively prefer having my dragons still all in one place (i.e. 'in order', if that makes sense) while also being able to still sort them. Or at least make it so that that I can set some sort of default order when scrolling through my dragons.
Phantasie and Mirare
Imagination and Wonder
arcanist.png
Forum Signature by Digs from https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3098278#post_3098278
I'm not sure that I support this idea as-is- it feels like it could get INCREDIBLY confusing. I feel like I'd end up setting some poor dragon to all the tabs at once, and then accidentally exalt somebody while trying to figure out how to fix it... also, which tab would the dragon be considered to be in for familiar bonding, or for exalting? It might just be me being up too late, but I'm having trouble picturing how it'd work in practice (maybe a more thorough explanation would help, idk?)

That said, I would wholeheartedly support having a display-lair vs. the actual utility one. You would have an extra page, like how you can swap between Lair/HibDen, and you could pick whichever extant dragons you wanted to show off from your Lair/HibDen. These new "slots" wouldn't give you more space, and would essentially just be the same dragon with different forward/backwards links as existed in your lair already so shouldn't need much more server space. This would also fix the problem of people who want to show off their Hibernal dragons first and foremost. It could also be a treasure sink, if its tabs were purchased separately from Lair/HibDen's, maybe?

Maybe having a display lair could be an opt-in thing, so that people who don't need it won't need to bother, but it's there for those who need it, too. There's precedence for this with Selective Feeding and all. I think it might also be good for privacy peeps- visitors could only see the Display Lair and no other dragons, if the user wanted, unless the lair was accessed by a specific dragon's page possibly? Then outsiders couldn't tell fed status and stuff.

I do also think there's room for better search/sorting options for the Edit Lair/Den page, too. There is at least one thread on the Suggestions front page atm about that, so I'm not gonna rehash it here, but being able to auto-sort my dragons like they were an Excel table would be neat, not gonna lie.

(Also, fwiw, Suggestions is the only place that the community kinda encourages necros; shows that more than one person wanted an idea to be a thing and all)
I'm not sure that I support this idea as-is- it feels like it could get INCREDIBLY confusing. I feel like I'd end up setting some poor dragon to all the tabs at once, and then accidentally exalt somebody while trying to figure out how to fix it... also, which tab would the dragon be considered to be in for familiar bonding, or for exalting? It might just be me being up too late, but I'm having trouble picturing how it'd work in practice (maybe a more thorough explanation would help, idk?)

That said, I would wholeheartedly support having a display-lair vs. the actual utility one. You would have an extra page, like how you can swap between Lair/HibDen, and you could pick whichever extant dragons you wanted to show off from your Lair/HibDen. These new "slots" wouldn't give you more space, and would essentially just be the same dragon with different forward/backwards links as existed in your lair already so shouldn't need much more server space. This would also fix the problem of people who want to show off their Hibernal dragons first and foremost. It could also be a treasure sink, if its tabs were purchased separately from Lair/HibDen's, maybe?

Maybe having a display lair could be an opt-in thing, so that people who don't need it won't need to bother, but it's there for those who need it, too. There's precedence for this with Selective Feeding and all. I think it might also be good for privacy peeps- visitors could only see the Display Lair and no other dragons, if the user wanted, unless the lair was accessed by a specific dragon's page possibly? Then outsiders couldn't tell fed status and stuff.

I do also think there's room for better search/sorting options for the Edit Lair/Den page, too. There is at least one thread on the Suggestions front page atm about that, so I'm not gonna rehash it here, but being able to auto-sort my dragons like they were an Excel table would be neat, not gonna lie.

(Also, fwiw, Suggestions is the only place that the community kinda encourages necros; shows that more than one person wanted an idea to be a thing and all)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

I'd love this! Like, you pick a tab for a dragon to be in, but you also pick tabs they show in?
She/her FR+3
PWYW Art shop
Free lore
Wishlist keeper & profile dragon
Codes

Coraline-1-1-1-1.png
Siva-s-skin-s-button.png tumblr_no59vxOK931u07azbo4_100.png
This would get extremely confusing extremely quickly. Having a Display Lair like suggested sounds, also, like adding another layer to the system which would just confuse things further. I'd rather just have an option to tag dragons so that they show up in search of you use those tags. Tying this to tabs would overcomplicate the system.
This would get extremely confusing extremely quickly. Having a Display Lair like suggested sounds, also, like adding another layer to the system which would just confuse things further. I'd rather just have an option to tag dragons so that they show up in search of you use those tags. Tying this to tabs would overcomplicate the system.
Oh man somebody necrod the hell out of this old thread. I want to add, I think the op is a bad idea, and would indeed be confusing.

But I like the idea of being able to tag dragons, and view only dragons with a certain tag. That way I can keep my dragons in lore-specific tabs, but I can also swap to "only view dragons with #breedingpair" at will in some consolidated fashion
Oh man somebody necrod the hell out of this old thread. I want to add, I think the op is a bad idea, and would indeed be confusing.

But I like the idea of being able to tag dragons, and view only dragons with a certain tag. That way I can keep my dragons in lore-specific tabs, but I can also swap to "only view dragons with #breedingpair" at will in some consolidated fashion
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
@VoltaileMatter, I'm super sorry about dragging an old post out of retirement, I didn't really think that it would gain traction like this through my response. I've gotten more used to my rearrangement with the tab system (and also built in my own little 'this is the order they came in' notes into their bios) so I definitely agree that it would make things a little too cluttered to try out the initial idea. A tag system sounds fantastic, however, I would use the absolute heck out of something like that! That would also be really fun for sorting things even further by lore.
@VoltaileMatter, I'm super sorry about dragging an old post out of retirement, I didn't really think that it would gain traction like this through my response. I've gotten more used to my rearrangement with the tab system (and also built in my own little 'this is the order they came in' notes into their bios) so I definitely agree that it would make things a little too cluttered to try out the initial idea. A tag system sounds fantastic, however, I would use the absolute heck out of something like that! That would also be really fun for sorting things even further by lore.
Phantasie and Mirare
Imagination and Wonder
arcanist.png
Forum Signature by Digs from https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3098278#post_3098278
Support
Support
Do I have an addiction to impulsively buying pretty dragons selling for fodder price of the AH? Yes Do I need help? Maybe Do I want help? NO NONE AT ALL (I want to change this but people have commented on it so now it feels stuck here)
LIo8D8G.gif R9ehyxp.png
I was surprised when I found out the tab system DIDN’T work this way. It’s basically the entire reason I don’t use it [emoji=guardian tongue size=1]
I was surprised when I found out the tab system DIDN’T work this way. It’s basically the entire reason I don’t use it