Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Parallel genes carry over w breed change
1 2 3 4 5
Support! I breed-changed a Bar/Peregrine/Ghost Mirror to a Gaoler yesterday, and had to re-buy her genes since the breed change wiped them, which seems weird since all of those genes are available for Gaolers anyway. :’V

To prevent people from taking advantage of the cheaper Gaoler parallel genes and then breed-changing to Modern, I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Moderns keep their parallel genes when breed-changed to Ancients, but not the other way around. (So a Tiger/Facet/Underbelly Spiral would keep its genes when turned to a Gaoler, but a Tiger/Facet/Underbelly Gaoler would have its genes set to Basic when turned to a Spiral.)

2. Parallel scrolls are retired, and we only have the regular gene scrolls. I don’t understand why we need both regular “Bar” and “Bar (Gaoler)” when... they both apply the Bar gene. Why not just retire “Bar (Gaoler)” and have the regular Bar scroll be applicable to Gaolers as well?

I would especially emphasize this point if multiple future Ancients share parallel genes with each other. I don’t really see the need to clog up the MP and Baldwin with 7 versions of Bee, 6 versions of Underbelly, and 4 versions of Pinstripe. Having a single Bee scroll that can be used on all breeds (Modern and Ancient) that have Bee available to them makes the most sense to me, personally.

NOTE: I can see this potentially being confusing, as there would be no indicator that the gene can be applied to specific Ancients. However, I do feel like the benefits- reducing MP clutter and allowing shared parallel genes to transfer with Ancient/Modern breed changes- outweigh the downsides.

If someone buys the wrong gene, they can definitely resell it and buy the right one, or trade scrolls with someone else. Plus, the Scrying Workshop lists all available genes for any given breed, so players have an easy, fast, on-site resource to look at to make sure that a Glimmer/Stripes/Daub/etc. scroll can be used on their dragon.
Support! I breed-changed a Bar/Peregrine/Ghost Mirror to a Gaoler yesterday, and had to re-buy her genes since the breed change wiped them, which seems weird since all of those genes are available for Gaolers anyway. :’V

To prevent people from taking advantage of the cheaper Gaoler parallel genes and then breed-changing to Modern, I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Moderns keep their parallel genes when breed-changed to Ancients, but not the other way around. (So a Tiger/Facet/Underbelly Spiral would keep its genes when turned to a Gaoler, but a Tiger/Facet/Underbelly Gaoler would have its genes set to Basic when turned to a Spiral.)

2. Parallel scrolls are retired, and we only have the regular gene scrolls. I don’t understand why we need both regular “Bar” and “Bar (Gaoler)” when... they both apply the Bar gene. Why not just retire “Bar (Gaoler)” and have the regular Bar scroll be applicable to Gaolers as well?

I would especially emphasize this point if multiple future Ancients share parallel genes with each other. I don’t really see the need to clog up the MP and Baldwin with 7 versions of Bee, 6 versions of Underbelly, and 4 versions of Pinstripe. Having a single Bee scroll that can be used on all breeds (Modern and Ancient) that have Bee available to them makes the most sense to me, personally.

NOTE: I can see this potentially being confusing, as there would be no indicator that the gene can be applied to specific Ancients. However, I do feel like the benefits- reducing MP clutter and allowing shared parallel genes to transfer with Ancient/Modern breed changes- outweigh the downsides.

If someone buys the wrong gene, they can definitely resell it and buy the right one, or trade scrolls with someone else. Plus, the Scrying Workshop lists all available genes for any given breed, so players have an easy, fast, on-site resource to look at to make sure that a Glimmer/Stripes/Daub/etc. scroll can be used on their dragon.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Fully support making genes that exist carry over.
Fully support making genes that exist carry over.
The world is chaos, and I'm loving EVERY second of it. Come, have a seat, and watch the world burn with me.
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2019-06-08 11:35:22" ] I wouldn’t mind if they carried from modern to ancient but cannot support the opposite direction as ancient genes are cheaper than modern genes [/quote] Yeah, I think this would be best. I was under the impression from the initial announcement that ancients would share no common genes with modems... That they do, but don't carry over... is really weird.
DragonSage wrote on 2019-06-08 11:35:22:
I wouldn’t mind if they carried from modern to ancient but cannot support the opposite direction as ancient genes are cheaper than modern genes
Yeah, I think this would be best.

I was under the impression from the initial announcement that ancients would share no common genes with modems... That they do, but don't carry over... is really weird.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support. Wipe any nontransferable genes, obviously, but there is no reason to wipe dragons clean when they clearly share the exact same gene.
Support. Wipe any nontransferable genes, obviously, but there is no reason to wipe dragons clean when they clearly share the exact same gene.

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
Support. Makes no sense if the genes are shared, at least when changing from Modern to Ancient. Ancient to Modern...no support due to gene cost difference.

That said, when more ancients come out...I hope the shared genes are the same. Otherwise...things are going to get confusing if each ancient has different 'shared' genes....
Support. Makes no sense if the genes are shared, at least when changing from Modern to Ancient. Ancient to Modern...no support due to gene cost difference.

That said, when more ancients come out...I hope the shared genes are the same. Otherwise...things are going to get confusing if each ancient has different 'shared' genes....
Any dragon in the 'Fodder Tab' available for sale. Fodder Tab dragons are 10k treasure for adults, 5k treasure for hatchlings. I also have leveled (up to lv 8) dragons in my Hib Den I'm willing to sell for 15k treasure min.
I fully support this! I have a lair full of First Gen Dragons I have already Gened and I don't think I should have to pay again for the same Genes.
I fully support this! I have a lair full of First Gen Dragons I have already Gened and I don't think I should have to pay again for the same Genes.
No support.

Imagine trying to put modern Jaguar genes on a T-rex.

Ancient Breeds are their own thing with their own mechanics for everything appearance related. I like that their genetics are separate, and also cheaper! They can only breed within their own species too, so it makes sense to me that Ancient Genes are much different and much more special than Modern Genes.
No support.

Imagine trying to put modern Jaguar genes on a T-rex.

Ancient Breeds are their own thing with their own mechanics for everything appearance related. I like that their genetics are separate, and also cheaper! They can only breed within their own species too, so it makes sense to me that Ancient Genes are much different and much more special than Modern Genes.
DEFINITELY SUPPORT

It doesn't make any sense to me to have the parallel genes not carry over. They already exist on both Gaoler and modern breeds so why wouldn't they? I had a dragon I gened with some parallel genes a while ago and I considered changing him to a Gaoler but when I found out the parallel genes wouldn't carry over, I didn't. It would simply be a waste of my money since I had already gened him prior and I would have to do it again after the change. So full support! Please!
DEFINITELY SUPPORT

It doesn't make any sense to me to have the parallel genes not carry over. They already exist on both Gaoler and modern breeds so why wouldn't they? I had a dragon I gened with some parallel genes a while ago and I considered changing him to a Gaoler but when I found out the parallel genes wouldn't carry over, I didn't. It would simply be a waste of my money since I had already gened him prior and I would have to do it again after the change. So full support! Please!
coatl1_by_croatiahetalia-dcc5sze.pngxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_ojq6l2uvrw1r2ao8y_540.png
Alex | Pansexual | FR +0
xxxxxxxxplaguebringer2_by_croatiahetalia-dcc5t10.png
Support, I wanted to breedchange some of my dragons but I didn't want to since the genes didn't carry over and atm I'm too broke to 6 gene scrolls from the market :c
Support, I wanted to breedchange some of my dragons but I didn't want to since the genes didn't carry over and atm I'm too broke to 6 gene scrolls from the market :c
arcane_by_redrockss-db073dz.png tumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.png
Support. I wonder if it was a conscious choice by the admins not to do this, though? Cause otherwise they wouldn't have written the warning message and all that
Support. I wonder if it was a conscious choice by the admins not to do this, though? Cause otherwise they wouldn't have written the warning message and all that
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
1 2 3 4 5