Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Parallel genes carry over w breed change
1 2 3 4 5
As of right now if you breedchange a crystal modern dragon to a crystal gaoler the gene gets deleted even though there is crystal in gaolers. If there’s any way to code the gene to carry over with breedchanging from modern to ancient it’d be much appreciated! If this has already been addressed elsewhere I apologize
As of right now if you breedchange a crystal modern dragon to a crystal gaoler the gene gets deleted even though there is crystal in gaolers. If there’s any way to code the gene to carry over with breedchanging from modern to ancient it’d be much appreciated! If this has already been addressed elsewhere I apologize
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
I wouldn’t mind if they carried from modern to ancient but cannot support the opposite direction as ancient genes are cheaper than modern genes
I wouldn’t mind if they carried from modern to ancient but cannot support the opposite direction as ancient genes are cheaper than modern genes
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2019-06-08 11:35:22" ] I wouldn’t mind if they carried from modern to ancient but cannot support the opposite direction as ancient genes are cheaper than modern genes [/quote] Agreed. There are probably going to be g1s that people want to breedchange to ancient, and making them pay the money to regene them again would be annoying.
DragonSage wrote on 2019-06-08 11:35:22:
Agreed. There are probably going to be g1s that people want to breedchange to ancient, and making them pay the money to regene them again would be annoying.
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2019-06-08 11:35:22" ] I wouldn’t mind if they carried from modern to ancient but cannot support the opposite direction as ancient genes are cheaper than modern genes [/quote] agreed & a good point
DragonSage wrote on 2019-06-08 11:35:22:

agreed & a good point
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

Yeah. I genuinely see no reason why this wouldn't be the case. Sure, goaler genes are less expensive than their modern counterparts but... they wouldn't exist if they just carried over? Like what? Wish a dev would speak on this. Really disappointing, especially since it's borderline impossible to get gene scrolls because of all the snipers gobbling them up :/
Yeah. I genuinely see no reason why this wouldn't be the case. Sure, goaler genes are less expensive than their modern counterparts but... they wouldn't exist if they just carried over? Like what? Wish a dev would speak on this. Really disappointing, especially since it's borderline impossible to get gene scrolls because of all the snipers gobbling them up :/
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
I can't buy the scrolls I need today because Gaoler scrolls on the marketplace look to be getting swept up as soon as restock happens, and I can't load the Coliseum to get the unique genes that I need because of the strain on the server at the moment. Those will pass with time, though--I hope, anyway.
What won't pass, though, is Gaoler scrolls being separate from modern scrolls. I don't quite see the point of it, aside from maybe site coding not allowing it, to be honest. They're the same gene: same name, same look, same way to acquire--it's just another different breed it's getting put on. It's also worth questioning if ancient scrolls will be separate from each other for each breed, too, since scrolls currently look to be specifically for Gaolers, not just ancient breeds in general.
I love the Gaolers and I'm super excited for future ancient breeds, but this is a bit of a glaring issue to me ;o;
I can't buy the scrolls I need today because Gaoler scrolls on the marketplace look to be getting swept up as soon as restock happens, and I can't load the Coliseum to get the unique genes that I need because of the strain on the server at the moment. Those will pass with time, though--I hope, anyway.
What won't pass, though, is Gaoler scrolls being separate from modern scrolls. I don't quite see the point of it, aside from maybe site coding not allowing it, to be honest. They're the same gene: same name, same look, same way to acquire--it's just another different breed it's getting put on. It's also worth questioning if ancient scrolls will be separate from each other for each breed, too, since scrolls currently look to be specifically for Gaolers, not just ancient breeds in general.
I love the Gaolers and I'm super excited for future ancient breeds, but this is a bit of a glaring issue to me ;o;
beep beep lettuce
It makes sense to me that parallel genes would carry over--if the code is set up to be able to tell a parallel gene from an unparalleled one. [quote]It's also worth questioning if ancient scrolls will be separate from each other for each breed, too, since scrolls currently look to be specifically for Gaolers, not just ancient breeds in general.[/quote] This is also a great question because we could wind up with A LOT of similar looking gene scrolls very quickly. It could get confusing "now, which Giraffe scroll do I need for my dragon named Bubbles"?
It makes sense to me that parallel genes would carry over--if the code is set up to be able to tell a parallel gene from an unparalleled one.
Quote:
It's also worth questioning if ancient scrolls will be separate from each other for each breed, too, since scrolls currently look to be specifically for Gaolers, not just ancient breeds in general.
This is also a great question because we could wind up with A LOT of similar looking gene scrolls very quickly. It could get confusing "now, which Giraffe scroll do I need for my dragon named Bubbles"?
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
PLEASE.
Unfortunately, I was under the impression that they did carry over, (since the newspost said nothing about it) and spent 500kt in new genes only to find out that they would be reset to basic.
PLEASE.
Unfortunately, I was under the impression that they did carry over, (since the newspost said nothing about it) and spent 500kt in new genes only to find out that they would be reset to basic.
Pelt Collector
Lithe Otter Pelt Elk Pelt Snowfall Elk Pelt Winter Wolf Pelt Black Wolf Pelt Clouddancer Hide Sunspot Clouddancer Hide
Yeah I'm waiting to use my breed change scrolls until they add more gene types. It's just useless right now. The breed is cool, but the lack of genes? Not nice
Yeah I'm waiting to use my breed change scrolls until they add more gene types. It's just useless right now. The breed is cool, but the lack of genes? Not nice
tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko10_500.png
tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko10_500.png
1 2 3 4 5