Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | +1 every lair expansion
1 2 3
Quote:
I understand why people wouldn't support making slots cheaper, but for those people like me who have been playing since 2013 and STILL can't afford lair expansions? It's because theres no good way to make money that doesn't involve hours of grinding time that I simply DONT HAVE, they should remove the cap and either lower the prices or find a way to make treasure more attainable.

I can make 50K a day from gathering alone. It's long to level it up to the moment it's profitable, but it's easy money.

And, if you've been on a site for 6 years and still struggle in making currency, look at the guides that are around.
Quote:
I understand why people wouldn't support making slots cheaper, but for those people like me who have been playing since 2013 and STILL can't afford lair expansions? It's because theres no good way to make money that doesn't involve hours of grinding time that I simply DONT HAVE, they should remove the cap and either lower the prices or find a way to make treasure more attainable.

I can make 50K a day from gathering alone. It's long to level it up to the moment it's profitable, but it's easy money.

And, if you've been on a site for 6 years and still struggle in making currency, look at the guides that are around.
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2019-05-17 06:41:22" ] Quote: I understand why people wouldn't support making slots cheaper, but for those people like me who have been playing since 2013 and STILL can't afford lair expansions? It's because theres no good way to make money that doesn't involve hours of grinding time that I simply DONT HAVE, they should remove the cap and either lower the prices or find a way to make treasure more attainable. I can make 50K a day from gathering alone. It's long to level it up to the moment it's profitable, but it's easy money. And, if you've been on a site for 6 years and still struggle in making currency, look at the guides that are around. [/quote] The other thing is, if you cannot or do not want to spend enough time on site, then you also shouldn't expect to get the same things everyone else does. The reality of games are the more you put into a game, the more you get out. FR is very lenient that way, and there are some good things that don't take a lot of time, but can still net you a profit. I can't support this. As much as I wish expansions were plentiful and cheap, and I got 'more for my buck', lair expansions are meant as treasure sinks and should remain that way. Since there is still a cap of 200 slots, reducing the amount of treasure needed or increasing the slots gained per expansion would severely impact the effectiveness of the slots being treasure sinks.
Sopheroo wrote on 2019-05-17 06:41:22:
Quote:

The other thing is, if you cannot or do not want to spend enough time on site, then you also shouldn't expect to get the same things everyone else does.

The reality of games are the more you put into a game, the more you get out. FR is very lenient that way, and there are some good things that don't take a lot of time, but can still net you a profit.

I can't support this. As much as I wish expansions were plentiful and cheap, and I got 'more for my buck', lair expansions are meant as treasure sinks and should remain that way. Since there is still a cap of 200 slots, reducing the amount of treasure needed or increasing the slots gained per expansion would severely impact the effectiveness of the slots being treasure sinks.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@midnightsparks Fast ways to make money:

• Glimmer & Gloom, when understood, takes far less than an hour.

• Breed fodder, sell for fodder prices: gets them out of your lair fast if you're low on space, brings a steady income, takes only the time to hatch and list. Selling for higher prices might bring more money if they sell, but whether they will or not is up in the air, plus you're taking up more space with the more dragons that don't sell. Fodder rarely has that problem; you're selling for less, but you're cycling through quicker.

• If you have space, level and exalt them yourself; if you have a trainer dragon it doesn't usually take too long per nest, and certainly not even close to a single hour. If you don't have a trainer dragon, investing in one might take more time and effort than you have, so I'd recommend sticking to selling.

• Sell food/Hibernal Den materials/Baldwin goop on the AH. It's small, but it adds up. Baldwin goop requires a bit more attention, but even just one a day is enough to slowly work towards something for yourself or sell on the AH if you have a different goal.

I hated and avoided the Fairgrounds for years and took a long semi-hiatus where I was only logging in to feed my dragons and hatch nests, and I was still able to make enough of a very slow but steady income by breeding fodder to expand my lair and such. It takes patience and self-control if you're prone to temptation by other things, but it does add up and not take much time. Good luck!

As for the original topic: for me, it's always felt like lair spaces past a certain point were meant to be a more long-term goal. Sure, there are people who speed ahead and max things out, but for most of us it's more of a long-term process. There has actually been a tweak (far in the past), iirc, where when staff expanded max lair size, they adjusted cost and because of this gave maxed out players additional slots because they'd already paid. This, I'm fine with! It's just rebalancing and also making sure everyone pays the same thing. Lowering the cost or giving additional slots when plenty people have already maxed out their lairs— or close to it— and there are no additional slots on the horizon (and thus no way of those players being "refunded" for their heavy investment) seems a lot more unfair.
@midnightsparks Fast ways to make money:

• Glimmer & Gloom, when understood, takes far less than an hour.

• Breed fodder, sell for fodder prices: gets them out of your lair fast if you're low on space, brings a steady income, takes only the time to hatch and list. Selling for higher prices might bring more money if they sell, but whether they will or not is up in the air, plus you're taking up more space with the more dragons that don't sell. Fodder rarely has that problem; you're selling for less, but you're cycling through quicker.

• If you have space, level and exalt them yourself; if you have a trainer dragon it doesn't usually take too long per nest, and certainly not even close to a single hour. If you don't have a trainer dragon, investing in one might take more time and effort than you have, so I'd recommend sticking to selling.

• Sell food/Hibernal Den materials/Baldwin goop on the AH. It's small, but it adds up. Baldwin goop requires a bit more attention, but even just one a day is enough to slowly work towards something for yourself or sell on the AH if you have a different goal.

I hated and avoided the Fairgrounds for years and took a long semi-hiatus where I was only logging in to feed my dragons and hatch nests, and I was still able to make enough of a very slow but steady income by breeding fodder to expand my lair and such. It takes patience and self-control if you're prone to temptation by other things, but it does add up and not take much time. Good luck!

As for the original topic: for me, it's always felt like lair spaces past a certain point were meant to be a more long-term goal. Sure, there are people who speed ahead and max things out, but for most of us it's more of a long-term process. There has actually been a tweak (far in the past), iirc, where when staff expanded max lair size, they adjusted cost and because of this gave maxed out players additional slots because they'd already paid. This, I'm fine with! It's just rebalancing and also making sure everyone pays the same thing. Lowering the cost or giving additional slots when plenty people have already maxed out their lairs— or close to it— and there are no additional slots on the horizon (and thus no way of those players being "refunded" for their heavy investment) seems a lot more unfair.
Even with the guides for it, I guess I'm just not smart enough or something because I do NOT understand how Glimmer and Gloom works. I've read and reread the guides but I still cannot fill the board out.

I would hold off on buying expansions and stuff until Ancient breeds come out, but the ONLY way I have been able to become an FR millionaire is by purchasing adult dragons on the AH with a price filter of 7k or less.

Then I train them to level 10 in the Coliseum with my level 25 dragon and exalt them for 13-17k. Two at once can get to 10 in about 20 minutes with how fast I click.

I can spend 100k and reap about 300 profit off it some days.

Of course...I made my Mire Flyer when Eliminate didn't cost your immortal soul so...if you don't have Eliminate that is another problem entirely.
Even with the guides for it, I guess I'm just not smart enough or something because I do NOT understand how Glimmer and Gloom works. I've read and reread the guides but I still cannot fill the board out.

I would hold off on buying expansions and stuff until Ancient breeds come out, but the ONLY way I have been able to become an FR millionaire is by purchasing adult dragons on the AH with a price filter of 7k or less.

Then I train them to level 10 in the Coliseum with my level 25 dragon and exalt them for 13-17k. Two at once can get to 10 in about 20 minutes with how fast I click.

I can spend 100k and reap about 300 profit off it some days.

Of course...I made my Mire Flyer when Eliminate didn't cost your immortal soul so...if you don't have Eliminate that is another problem entirely.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-05-17 08:04:50" ] The other thing is, if you cannot or do not want to spend enough time on site, then you also shouldn't expect to get the same things everyone else does. The reality of games are the more you put into a game, the more you get out. FR is very lenient that way, and there are some good things that don't take a lot of time, but can still net you a profit. [/quote]This. People shouldn't expect the game to change because they are unwilling and/or unable to play enough to obtain their onsite goals. And with the addition of Glimmer and Gloom, treasure IS more attainable than it was in 2013...
Jemadar wrote on 2019-05-17 08:04:50:
The other thing is, if you cannot or do not want to spend enough time on site, then you also shouldn't expect to get the same things everyone else does.

The reality of games are the more you put into a game, the more you get out. FR is very lenient that way, and there are some good things that don't take a lot of time, but can still net you a profit.
This.

People shouldn't expect the game to change because they are unwilling and/or unable to play enough to obtain their onsite goals.

And with the addition of Glimmer and Gloom, treasure IS more attainable than it was in 2013...
ZQGfAQY.png
@GrimoireBlack
Don't train to 10 - payout is linear but the experience needed is exponential. If you drop to lvl6 or 7, your profit in the same time spent will increase at least twice (less per dragon but higher overall due to greater fodder turnover, more chances to buy a bonus fodder, more chances to snipe cheap fodder etc).
@GrimoireBlack
Don't train to 10 - payout is linear but the experience needed is exponential. If you drop to lvl6 or 7, your profit in the same time spent will increase at least twice (less per dragon but higher overall due to greater fodder turnover, more chances to buy a bonus fodder, more chances to snipe cheap fodder etc).
JQQ3Fjt.png
@RedWillia

Oooooooooooo

Thanks for that tip!!
@RedWillia

Oooooooooooo

Thanks for that tip!!
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
[quote name="Jessyta" date="2019-05-17 09:12:29" ] And with the addition of Glimmer and Gloom, treasure IS more attainable than it was in 2013... [/quote] Artifracture as well. And hell, Tomo, and the additions of numerous high-level venues that make it easier to exalt. It's insanely easy to be a millionaire now
Jessyta wrote on 2019-05-17 09:12:29:
And with the addition of Glimmer and Gloom, treasure IS more attainable than it was in 2013...
Artifracture as well. And hell, Tomo, and the additions of numerous high-level venues that make it easier to exalt.

It's insanely easy to be a millionaire now
[quote name="@GrimoireBlack" date="2019-05-17 08:58:14" ] Even with the guides for it, I guess I'm just not smart enough or something because I do NOT understand how Glimmer and Gloom works. I've read and reread the guides but I still cannot fill the board out.[/quote] I made a [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2519467/2#post_35150607]simplified version[/url], you're welcome to give it a look and see if it helps. The game seemed impenetrable to me too until I found the method I've simplified there. [quote]Of course...I made my Mire Flyer when Eliminate didn't cost your immortal soul so...if you don't have Eliminate that is another problem entirely.[/quote]There's also rental programs, which can kick-start a new player into earning and training - plus sales of pre-stoned Lv 25s, often cheaper than the stone itself.
@GrimoireBlack wrote on 2019-05-17 08:58:14:

I made a simplified version, you're welcome to give it a look and see if it helps. The game seemed impenetrable to me too until I found the method I've simplified there.

Quote:
There's also rental programs, which can kick-start a new player into earning and training - plus sales of pre-stoned Lv 25s, often cheaper than the stone itself.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
[quote name="Lara8" date="2019-05-17 14:29:06" ] [quote name="@GrimoireBlack" date="2019-05-17 08:58:14" ] Even with the guides for it, I guess I'm just not smart enough or something because I do NOT understand how Glimmer and Gloom works. I've read and reread the guides but I still cannot fill the board out.[/quote] I made a [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2519467/2#post_35150607]simplified version[/url], you're welcome to give it a look and see if it helps. The game seemed impenetrable to me too until I found the method I've simplified there. [/quote] I'll check that out! It's not the guide writer's fault of course; I'm just really awful at recognizing and solving mathematical patterns for some reason and G&G seems to be a Geometry major's dream, ha!
Lara8 wrote on 2019-05-17 14:29:06:
@GrimoireBlack wrote on 2019-05-17 08:58:14:

I made a simplified version, you're welcome to give it a look and see if it helps. The game seemed impenetrable to me too until I found the method I've simplified there.

I'll check that out! It's not the guide writer's fault of course; I'm just really awful at recognizing and solving mathematical patterns for some reason and G&G seems to be a Geometry major's dream, ha!
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
1 2 3