Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Put the stack setting back PLEASE
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
I am in the habit of trading around fairly expensive items (scrolls, namely) and I've come very close to giving away more scrolls than I intended. I really want the old system back because I just know that one of these days, I'm not going to notice before it's too late
I am in the habit of trading around fairly expensive items (scrolls, namely) and I've come very close to giving away more scrolls than I intended. I really want the old system back because I just know that one of these days, I'm not going to notice before it's too late
Support

The announcement said it was for CRs, which I thought was really cool because I tend to send stacks of 99 by CR, but then I sent a little gift by PM and it sent the whole stack which I wasn't prepared for.
Support

The announcement said it was for CRs, which I thought was really cool because I tend to send stacks of 99 by CR, but then I sent a little gift by PM and it sent the whole stack which I wasn't prepared for.
th72tUi.png tumblr_ojpzfkodsb1u8m70ho5_r1_100.pngtumblr_njw2bk1eZi1unlpe2o1_100.pngnV0BWDQ.gif
Sadly, no support.

We got a warning, and you should always check. You can also ask to see if they still have it, if they say no fine. If they say sure! Then you luck out.

Personally it’s really helpful. Maybe to help those who prefer sending just one, maybe openables or things like that could be a default as 1? Or maybe you could change it if you wanted in the settings?
Sadly, no support.

We got a warning, and you should always check. You can also ask to see if they still have it, if they say no fine. If they say sure! Then you luck out.

Personally it’s really helpful. Maybe to help those who prefer sending just one, maybe openables or things like that could be a default as 1? Or maybe you could change it if you wanted in the settings?
hdCEH9z.png Rabigrace she/her
wishlist
earth lair
+0 server time
I am not very active anymore
I support this still because the amount of harm for giving away 99 is so much more than giving away 1 by mistake.

Toggles would be nice, but FR isn't coded for toggles. I support FR working on its code base so we can have more toggles.
I support this still because the amount of harm for giving away 99 is so much more than giving away 1 by mistake.

Toggles would be nice, but FR isn't coded for toggles. I support FR working on its code base so we can have more toggles.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support.

To satisfy both people who want to send a whole stack and those who are sending smaller numbers, all you need to do is add a button under the number selector for "Max". There's even a perfect sized space for it!

Making it so only certain select items (e.g. openables) default to 1 would do absolutely nothing to solve the problem, because people choose the numbers and types of items they want to send for various reasons. It wouldn't help the people who want to send giftbombs of a specific number of cheap food/items, it wouldn't help the people who want to send limited numbers of expensive food/items, it wouldn't help the people who want to send a specific number of Swipp/Baldwin items, it wouldn't help the people sending around various other categories of items (gene scrolls, eliminates, scattersights, etc.). Can you imagine running a busy dom shop and accidentally sending all the scrolls you have on hand to one order? Or wanting to help out a newbie/dom bank by sending an eliminate, but accidentally sending all of them? You can't just revert the stack size for battlestones as a whole either, because most are worthless and often sent en masse to raffles; staff also can't just single out eliminate either- its value is player-driven. Would staff then be responsible for tracking the market and determining which items are valuable enough to be defaulted to 1?

Arguably, sending a full stack is a rarer occurrence than sending a limited one, and if you are sending ANYTHING less than a full stack, defaulting to the full stack creates more work. Only a tiny fraction of players benefit from the way it is now, while a large majority is harmed. With a default full stack, players are hurt by increasing scrolling time at best, the loss of a huge number of items/money at worst; with a default of 1, there is again the scrolling problem at best, but the worst that could happen is 2 trades need to be sent to get all the items across instead of 1. Adding a "Max" selection button and defaulting to 1 would make both sides happy!
Support.

To satisfy both people who want to send a whole stack and those who are sending smaller numbers, all you need to do is add a button under the number selector for "Max". There's even a perfect sized space for it!

Making it so only certain select items (e.g. openables) default to 1 would do absolutely nothing to solve the problem, because people choose the numbers and types of items they want to send for various reasons. It wouldn't help the people who want to send giftbombs of a specific number of cheap food/items, it wouldn't help the people who want to send limited numbers of expensive food/items, it wouldn't help the people who want to send a specific number of Swipp/Baldwin items, it wouldn't help the people sending around various other categories of items (gene scrolls, eliminates, scattersights, etc.). Can you imagine running a busy dom shop and accidentally sending all the scrolls you have on hand to one order? Or wanting to help out a newbie/dom bank by sending an eliminate, but accidentally sending all of them? You can't just revert the stack size for battlestones as a whole either, because most are worthless and often sent en masse to raffles; staff also can't just single out eliminate either- its value is player-driven. Would staff then be responsible for tracking the market and determining which items are valuable enough to be defaulted to 1?

Arguably, sending a full stack is a rarer occurrence than sending a limited one, and if you are sending ANYTHING less than a full stack, defaulting to the full stack creates more work. Only a tiny fraction of players benefit from the way it is now, while a large majority is harmed. With a default full stack, players are hurt by increasing scrolling time at best, the loss of a huge number of items/money at worst; with a default of 1, there is again the scrolling problem at best, but the worst that could happen is 2 trades need to be sent to get all the items across instead of 1. Adding a "Max" selection button and defaulting to 1 would make both sides happy!
@rabigrace
Where was the warning for PMs?
All I saw was a single sentence in the site status (easy to miss) which only mentioned doing it for CRs - and did not mention PMs.
@rabigrace
Where was the warning for PMs?
All I saw was a single sentence in the site status (easy to miss) which only mentioned doing it for CRs - and did not mention PMs.
It seems there was not a warning for PMs, but it is not hard to see the stacks. I think I forgot to mention that I’m sorry for the loss of your items. :/
It seems there was not a warning for PMs, but it is not hard to see the stacks. I think I forgot to mention that I’m sorry for the loss of your items. :/
hdCEH9z.png Rabigrace she/her
wishlist
earth lair
+0 server time
I am not very active anymore
Lot of great points in this post: [quote name="beautifulglitter" date="2019-05-06 09:03:35" ] To satisfy both people who want to send a whole stack and those who are sending smaller numbers, all you need to do is add a button under the number selector for "Max". There's even a perfect sized space for it![/quote][quote]Making it so only certain select items (e.g. openables) default to 1 would do absolutely nothing to solve the problem, because people choose the numbers and types of items they want to send for various reasons.[/quote][quote]Arguably, sending a full stack is a rarer occurrence than sending a limited one, and if you are sending ANYTHING less than a full stack, defaulting to the full stack creates more work.[/quote] The 'max' button might be more palatable to coders than a general account toggle.
Lot of great points in this post:
beautifulglitter wrote on 2019-05-06 09:03:35:
Quote:
Making it so only certain select items (e.g. openables) default to 1 would do absolutely nothing to solve the problem, because people choose the numbers and types of items they want to send for various reasons.
Quote:
Arguably, sending a full stack is a rarer occurrence than sending a limited one, and if you are sending ANYTHING less than a full stack, defaulting to the full stack creates more work.

The 'max' button might be more palatable to coders than a general account toggle.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
No support.

As said before, sending stacks before was hell, especially on mobile devices. It was changed for a reason and I quite like the change. I'd support a sort of middle ground though, like a slider or something. Just something that makes it easier on mobile devices and fixes the problem of accidentally sending too many items. You really should always check before you send them though! I can't imagine how people just don't check, my anxiety would go wild.
No support.

As said before, sending stacks before was hell, especially on mobile devices. It was changed for a reason and I quite like the change. I'd support a sort of middle ground though, like a slider or something. Just something that makes it easier on mobile devices and fixes the problem of accidentally sending too many items. You really should always check before you send them though! I can't imagine how people just don't check, my anxiety would go wild.
dbt6reh-5fdc6663-80bb-4820-ac3f-9c9c1b285a24_1.gif
L I L A C S K Y E ddit6wg-2c4f96e0-d29f-4316-9924-168897a6384f.gif

Skylar/Skye | He/him | 21 | FR+3

Wishlist
Art Shop

qXCdzoo.gif iuEBSJ3.png
VDqpTLf.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
w0wBhk1.png
nnBylsC.png
Wg1Qxoe.png
[quote name="Sheona" date="2019-05-06 16:34:02" ] No support. As said before, sending stacks before was hell, especially on mobile devices. It was changed for a reason and I quite like the change. I'd support a sort of middle ground though, like a slider or something. Just something that makes it easier on mobile devices and fixes the problem of accidentally sending too many items. You really should always check before you send them though! I can't imagine how people just don't check, my anxiety would go wild. [/quote] As I said before, I would rather have some inconvenience than the potential of losing thousands of gems worth of stuff. It isn't even not checking. I have used dropdown menus before that if you didn't click in a certain place, it would go back to the default setting. IE, I would set it to full stack and click in the 'wrong' spot and it would go back to 1.
Sheona wrote on 2019-05-06 16:34:02:
No support.

As I said before, I would rather have some inconvenience than the potential of losing thousands of gems worth of stuff.

It isn't even not checking. I have used dropdown menus before that if you didn't click in a certain place, it would go back to the default setting. IE, I would set it to full stack and click in the 'wrong' spot and it would go back to 1.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15