Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Put the stack setting back PLEASE
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
NO SUPPORT

sending stacks was hell

I much prefer it this way

---I could see the value in having the ability to set your own preference in user settings. Whether you'd like it to auto select 1 or 99. I definitely prefer 99
NO SUPPORT

sending stacks was hell

I much prefer it this way

---I could see the value in having the ability to set your own preference in user settings. Whether you'd like it to auto select 1 or 99. I definitely prefer 99
tumblr_oferpqhao11vfu9p0o1_100.pngtumblr_ofnu6e5o9v1vfu9p0o1_250.pngtumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.png
This has been a big pain for me because I only ever send one item at a time and have bigtime wrist issues, but in case anyone wants a shortcut, you can use the HOME key on your keyboard to jump back up to 1 without having to scroll.

I do get why they changed it though since probably a lot of people do send stacks, I just usually just add like 1 of each cute flower or something for a little care package.
This has been a big pain for me because I only ever send one item at a time and have bigtime wrist issues, but in case anyone wants a shortcut, you can use the HOME key on your keyboard to jump back up to 1 without having to scroll.

I do get why they changed it though since probably a lot of people do send stacks, I just usually just add like 1 of each cute flower or something for a little care package.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
Support. It may be convenient for some, but it's also just as inconvenient for others, so saying "well, it's convenient for me" is a terrible justification, but it's also not a reason to revert back to 1 default.

The problem is that the price a user pays under the max default system is much MUCH greater than under the 1 default system if an accident occurs. That alone over-rides convenience 100%. Sometimes you gotta protect people from themselves if the issue is prevalent (which seeing as issues with this new system have already popped up several times, it clearly is).

At the very least, there should either be the option to set ones own default (or perhaps the ability to check a box for "max stack" or something for every individual CR or PM one sends so added items will be maxed), or just a reversal to the 1 default. Or even just making the max default only apply to food since that's what most people are sending stacks of anyway.
Support. It may be convenient for some, but it's also just as inconvenient for others, so saying "well, it's convenient for me" is a terrible justification, but it's also not a reason to revert back to 1 default.

The problem is that the price a user pays under the max default system is much MUCH greater than under the 1 default system if an accident occurs. That alone over-rides convenience 100%. Sometimes you gotta protect people from themselves if the issue is prevalent (which seeing as issues with this new system have already popped up several times, it clearly is).

At the very least, there should either be the option to set ones own default (or perhaps the ability to check a box for "max stack" or something for every individual CR or PM one sends so added items will be maxed), or just a reversal to the 1 default. Or even just making the max default only apply to food since that's what most people are sending stacks of anyway.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
I support this because it's always better to accidentally send 1 of something instead of 99 of it.

Quick edit: What if it were possible to type in a number instead of scrolling and selecting a number? Like if it was blank everytime and if you didn't type a #, the item wouldn't attach? Or would return an error or warning or something?
I support this because it's always better to accidentally send 1 of something instead of 99 of it.

Quick edit: What if it were possible to type in a number instead of scrolling and selecting a number? Like if it was blank everytime and if you didn't type a #, the item wouldn't attach? Or would return an error or warning or something?
7862891.png ___
Winged
She/her
FR +3
I love pings c:
____ 51027181.png
I feel like its way easier to make HUGE mistakes this way which could lose a lot of cash. I used to have a full stack of noc eggs which occasionally I would send to people, so accidentally dropping all of them on one person, depending on who it was, could be disastrous.

Also, a lot of people don't check the home page often, and the site status box is really easy to miss as the text is pretty small.

I'm a huge fan of consistency, so if they made the AH default to 1 to reduce risk of losing a ton of cash, I don't understand why PMs and CRs would be any different.
I feel like its way easier to make HUGE mistakes this way which could lose a lot of cash. I used to have a full stack of noc eggs which occasionally I would send to people, so accidentally dropping all of them on one person, depending on who it was, could be disastrous.

Also, a lot of people don't check the home page often, and the site status box is really easy to miss as the text is pretty small.

I'm a huge fan of consistency, so if they made the AH default to 1 to reduce risk of losing a ton of cash, I don't understand why PMs and CRs would be any different.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
Support changing this back, for all the same reasons already mentioned.
Just add a button/slider on the message screen that sets the default stack to 1 or 99 so the players can decide. However button/slider is default set to 1 when starting a new message
Support changing this back, for all the same reasons already mentioned.
Just add a button/slider on the message screen that sets the default stack to 1 or 99 so the players can decide. However button/slider is default set to 1 when starting a new message
support but only when we can have a button to switch from 1 to 99er stack. so everyone is happy. he/she need only to use the button and so are added 1 single piece or 99 pieces :)
support but only when we can have a button to switch from 1 to 99er stack. so everyone is happy. he/she need only to use the button and so are added 1 single piece or 99 pieces :)
CeLSHOy.png
I rather want an option for your account,where you can decide, which your default stack size is.

Otherwise no support for changing it back,because there are up and downsides on both versions.
I rather want an option for your account,where you can decide, which your default stack size is.

Otherwise no support for changing it back,because there are up and downsides on both versions.
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
Semi-support - literally a minute ago nearly sent 5 genes instead of 1 over PMs. The stacking thing is good for food, materials, other (debatable) items that are less likely to contain expensive things, but why the specialty tab???
Semi-support - literally a minute ago nearly sent 5 genes instead of 1 over PMs. The stacking thing is good for food, materials, other (debatable) items that are less likely to contain expensive things, but why the specialty tab???
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2019-05-02 14:42:42" ] Semi-support - literally a minute ago nearly sent 5 genes instead of 1 over PMs. The stacking thing is good for food, materials, other (debatable) items that are less likely to contain expensive things, but why the specialty tab??? [/quote] I think the issue I have is that even for food and materials, there could potentially be some very expensive items. Look at the dragonflies or whatever they are (I sometimes wish my brain didn't resemble a sieve...) for swipp trade. Those are food items but are more expensive than normal. Other contains eggs which stack (as well as gilded chests). Materials has baldwin materials and potentially other higher value stuff. So really, I don't see this change as good for any tab, due to swipp and baldwin potentially making certain items high value (and the den helped there as well)
RedWillia wrote on 2019-05-02 14:42:42:
I think the issue I have is that even for food and materials, there could potentially be some very expensive items. Look at the dragonflies or whatever they are (I sometimes wish my brain didn't resemble a sieve...) for swipp trade. Those are food items but are more expensive than normal.

Other contains eggs which stack (as well as gilded chests). Materials has baldwin materials and potentially other higher value stuff.

So really, I don't see this change as good for any tab, due to swipp and baldwin potentially making certain items high value (and the den helped there as well)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15