Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A VERY SMALL pool of apparel (hearMeOut)
1 2 3
[quote name="Ttiuronohon" date="2019-04-16 01:02:48" ] But this game is a game about dressing up dragons. I don't want to spend hundreds to thousands of gems on a skin when I'd rather dress up a dragon. Having an artist draw your dragon with apparel (or drawing such yourself) doesn't change the fact that the actual dragon can't wear apparel. [/quote] It’s not really a game about dressing up dragons.... Tbh I love dressing my dragons so I would never have a permababy because of that. But the game is more about getting your dream dragon, and that can be achieved without dress up. Lots of people don’t dress up their dragons. If the ancient having no apparel doesn’t please you, maybe that mechanic simply isn’t for you. I mean, it’s not really fun but there’s a lot of events and mechanics on this site that aren’t made for everyone (ex. The coliseum events, not everyone does coli)
Ttiuronohon wrote on 2019-04-16 01:02:48:
But this game is a game about dressing up dragons. I don't want to spend hundreds to thousands of gems on a skin when I'd rather dress up a dragon. Having an artist draw your dragon with apparel (or drawing such yourself) doesn't change the fact that the actual dragon can't wear apparel.

It’s not really a game about dressing up dragons.... Tbh I love dressing my dragons so I would never have a permababy because of that. But the game is more about getting your dream dragon, and that can be achieved without dress up. Lots of people don’t dress up their dragons.

If the ancient having no apparel doesn’t please you, maybe that mechanic simply isn’t for you. I mean, it’s not really fun but there’s a lot of events and mechanics on this site that aren’t made for everyone (ex. The coliseum events, not everyone does coli)
[quote name="nekosysteme" date="2019-04-16 08:46:23" ] [quote name="Ttiuronohon" date="2019-04-16 01:02:48" ] But this game is a game about dressing up dragons. I don't want to spend hundreds to thousands of gems on a skin when I'd rather dress up a dragon. Having an artist draw your dragon with apparel (or drawing such yourself) doesn't change the fact that the actual dragon can't wear apparel. [/quote] It’s not really a game about dressing up dragons.... Tbh I love dressing my dragons so I would never have a permababy because of that. But the game is more about getting your dream dragon, and that can be achieved without dress up. Lots of people don’t dress up their dragons. If the ancient having no apparel doesn’t please you, maybe that mechanic simply isn’t for you. I mean, it’s not really fun but there’s a lot of events and mechanics on this site that aren’t made for everyone (ex. The coliseum events, not everyone does coli) [/quote] What neko said^ I get that a lot of people love to play dragon dress up, and that can be fun, but the main purpose is to get and breed dragons. If we need to have some breeds sacrifice apparel in order to exist then so be it. I personally would rather have more breeds available more quickly than have the same handful of breeds with closets full of clothes. It would defeat the whole purpose if we started adding in some of the apparel to ADs. Then all future ADs would also need that apparel as well and it would have to work on all tertiary genes, which staff stated some of which will have unique linework. And people would be mad that their favorite apparel isnt on ADs too and we will be right back to where we are with MDs and the whole idea of ADs will be made pointless.
nekosysteme wrote on 2019-04-16 08:46:23:
Ttiuronohon wrote on 2019-04-16 01:02:48:
But this game is a game about dressing up dragons. I don't want to spend hundreds to thousands of gems on a skin when I'd rather dress up a dragon. Having an artist draw your dragon with apparel (or drawing such yourself) doesn't change the fact that the actual dragon can't wear apparel.

It’s not really a game about dressing up dragons.... Tbh I love dressing my dragons so I would never have a permababy because of that. But the game is more about getting your dream dragon, and that can be achieved without dress up. Lots of people don’t dress up their dragons.

If the ancient having no apparel doesn’t please you, maybe that mechanic simply isn’t for you. I mean, it’s not really fun but there’s a lot of events and mechanics on this site that aren’t made for everyone (ex. The coliseum events, not everyone does coli)

What neko said^

I get that a lot of people love to play dragon dress up, and that can be fun, but the main purpose is to get and breed dragons. If we need to have some breeds sacrifice apparel in order to exist then so be it. I personally would rather have more breeds available more quickly than have the same handful of breeds with closets full of clothes.

It would defeat the whole purpose if we started adding in some of the apparel to ADs. Then all future ADs would also need that apparel as well and it would have to work on all tertiary genes, which staff stated some of which will have unique linework. And people would be mad that their favorite apparel isnt on ADs too and we will be right back to where we are with MDs and the whole idea of ADs will be made pointless.
They/Them FR+2
While I don't necessarily support copies of already existing apparel like Teardrop sets or the Gladiator Garb for the Ancients because the Staff explicitly stated they won't be redrawing that apparel, and I understand that, I FULLY support Ancient-specific apparel. My entire personal appeal with dragons is the ability to dress them.

I completely understand the Staff's decision when it comes to not wanting to overwork their employees because those are thousands and thousands of apparel pieces they need to work on. HOWEVER, despite my long post about not wanting old dragons to be excluded from some apparel, I desperately want Ancients to have some sort of apparel, and it can be Ancient-exclusive. I don't care, as long as they get at least some apparel.

To maintain the ancient vibe, I would most certainly suggest some ragged robes, togas, tattered wraps and kilts, some jewelry and something simple, not sets, nothing complex, only simple individual apparel.

So yes, full support when it comes to that
While I don't necessarily support copies of already existing apparel like Teardrop sets or the Gladiator Garb for the Ancients because the Staff explicitly stated they won't be redrawing that apparel, and I understand that, I FULLY support Ancient-specific apparel. My entire personal appeal with dragons is the ability to dress them.

I completely understand the Staff's decision when it comes to not wanting to overwork their employees because those are thousands and thousands of apparel pieces they need to work on. HOWEVER, despite my long post about not wanting old dragons to be excluded from some apparel, I desperately want Ancients to have some sort of apparel, and it can be Ancient-exclusive. I don't care, as long as they get at least some apparel.

To maintain the ancient vibe, I would most certainly suggest some ragged robes, togas, tattered wraps and kilts, some jewelry and something simple, not sets, nothing complex, only simple individual apparel.

So yes, full support when it comes to that
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I support general apparel that doesn't need any redrawing, like the flowerfalls, or marva's invisibility cloak, I don't support any separate apparel for reasons aforementioned.

While I do hope Marva's invisibility cloak is a wearable piece for them, it's not an end all, I'm more than happy to look at any skins/accents they have, especially if there's an event/treasure marketplace for those skins!
I support general apparel that doesn't need any redrawing, like the flowerfalls, or marva's invisibility cloak, I don't support any separate apparel for reasons aforementioned.

While I do hope Marva's invisibility cloak is a wearable piece for them, it's not an end all, I'm more than happy to look at any skins/accents they have, especially if there's an event/treasure marketplace for those skins!
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
I feel like if they made any apparel for Ancients there would be a constant stream of "Add this piece or that. They have other apparel why not the one I want!" not everyone will understand or even care about the ease some things could be used while others are much more complex. The staff designed the concept of Ancients so they can quickly release breeds while more elaborate ones are in the works. If we want more breeds quickly we have to sacrifice things and it seems apparel is that thing.

I really just want to be able to have a Wyvernary.
I feel like if they made any apparel for Ancients there would be a constant stream of "Add this piece or that. They have other apparel why not the one I want!" not everyone will understand or even care about the ease some things could be used while others are much more complex. The staff designed the concept of Ancients so they can quickly release breeds while more elaborate ones are in the works. If we want more breeds quickly we have to sacrifice things and it seems apparel is that thing.

I really just want to be able to have a Wyvernary.
Stuff will one day go here.
How would this work with the current apparel dress up system?
My hoard has pages upon pages of apparel - are we going to have to sift through thousands of apparel items just to find the needle-in-a-haystack single flower that they can wear? I imagine it would be a total headache.

As there's no way for the system to separate apparel based on what a breed can or cannot wear, (as it was designed with all breeds being able to wear all items, and those who cannot wear items, such as hatchlings, have no access at all) to get something like that in place, the whole system would need to be changed or rewritten. I guess it's up to FR staff to decide whether that would be worth it or not...
How would this work with the current apparel dress up system?
My hoard has pages upon pages of apparel - are we going to have to sift through thousands of apparel items just to find the needle-in-a-haystack single flower that they can wear? I imagine it would be a total headache.

As there's no way for the system to separate apparel based on what a breed can or cannot wear, (as it was designed with all breeds being able to wear all items, and those who cannot wear items, such as hatchlings, have no access at all) to get something like that in place, the whole system would need to be changed or rewritten. I guess it's up to FR staff to decide whether that would be worth it or not...
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I also don't support, site economy is already hard enough without adding another sales point at unbelievable numbers. I think ancient dragons are probably going to be more about breeding than dressing up while the 'modern' dergs are lore, rp, breeding, dress up- the works with ancient dergs being constant new content that can make an ailing system thrive again

adding apparel makes more work, more time, less dragons, less money circulation because of how fast things move on the market- I'm good. Rather have constant new dragons then worry about dressing them up
I also don't support, site economy is already hard enough without adding another sales point at unbelievable numbers. I think ancient dragons are probably going to be more about breeding than dressing up while the 'modern' dergs are lore, rp, breeding, dress up- the works with ancient dergs being constant new content that can make an ailing system thrive again

adding apparel makes more work, more time, less dragons, less money circulation because of how fast things move on the market- I'm good. Rather have constant new dragons then worry about dressing them up
nN9WzJH.png
I would support low-effort apparel, stuff that doesn't have to be draw for every dragon. i.e. unfitted apparel.
I would support low-effort apparel, stuff that doesn't have to be draw for every dragon. i.e. unfitted apparel.
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
I really don’t want apparel for ancients (and already sad that I won’t be able to apply bee to them, either!) since there’ll always be a hoard of people asking for that apparel to be usable on modern breeds. Always.
I really don’t want apparel for ancients (and already sad that I won’t be able to apply bee to them, either!) since there’ll always be a hoard of people asking for that apparel to be usable on modern breeds. Always.
What if they made Gaoler/Bane restricted special apparel and have them either rare/event/specific?
What if they made Gaoler/Bane restricted special apparel and have them either rare/event/specific?
6klg2iF.png
1 2 3