Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Single-Use Breeding Eye Buff
1 2
(I kinda want to know the usage rates of that Swiftbrood Boon item to get an idea of how useable this is.) So, the [item=Swiftbrood Boon], an item that you can apply to a dragon to halve it's breeding cooldown at the cost of adding the time to the next breeding time. Or something like that, I've never used one. By the existence of Swiftbroods, we know coding is in place to affect how dragons breed and have duration timers that affect the dragon past the usage time but do not cause permanent issues. [size=5]Now, the idea.[/size] [b]Can we have some item that basically "forces" a dragon to always pass Multigaze/Facet/Primal into it's next nest.[/b] One of those three (or any other eye type in that rarity level if we get more added). You'd have to use the item on both parents, or depending on how that rarity thing is weighted, you'd screw it up if the other parent wasn't buffed, like if you treated eye-types like they were double-allele phenotypes* (ask if you're curious). So, using it on both parents would basically force the next nest to always be in the Multi/Face/Primal eye range. There's still a matter of risk, because you might want a nest of Facets, end up with a nest of all Multigazes or get a 1 egg nest and it's still not the eye type you want. [b]Oh, and make the item cost about 150g each and give the item a 60day item cool-down. Yes, there will be no back-to-back coatl/WC "guaranteed" rare+ eye nests here. [/b] Since we also can't discard nests, those 300g you blew still carry risk that you won't get the eyes you want, or the number of hatchlings you want, and unless you have XXX colors you want in both parents, you may not get the exact hatchling you want anyway. But at least it's better than spending five years trying to breed an XXX Water primal imp by hand or something. Edit: Because apparently no one can read and missed it's supposed to be an item. smh
(I kinda want to know the usage rates of that Swiftbrood Boon item to get an idea of how useable this is.)

So, the Swiftbrood Boon , an item that you can apply to a dragon to halve it's breeding cooldown at the cost of adding the time to the next breeding time. Or something like that, I've never used one.

By the existence of Swiftbroods, we know coding is in place to affect how dragons breed and have duration timers that affect the dragon past the usage time but do not cause permanent issues.

Now, the idea. Can we have some item that basically "forces" a dragon to always pass Multigaze/Facet/Primal into it's next nest. One of those three (or any other eye type in that rarity level if we get more added).

You'd have to use the item on both parents, or depending on how that rarity thing is weighted, you'd screw it up if the other parent wasn't buffed, like if you treated eye-types like they were double-allele phenotypes* (ask if you're curious).

So, using it on both parents would basically force the next nest to always be in the Multi/Face/Primal eye range. There's still a matter of risk, because you might want a nest of Facets, end up with a nest of all Multigazes or get a 1 egg nest and it's still not the eye type you want.

Oh, and make the item cost about 150g each and give the item a 60day item cool-down. Yes, there will be no back-to-back coatl/WC "guaranteed" rare+ eye nests here.

Since we also can't discard nests, those 300g you blew still carry risk that you won't get the eyes you want, or the number of hatchlings you want, and unless you have XXX colors you want in both parents, you may not get the exact hatchling you want anyway. But at least it's better than spending five years trying to breed an XXX Water primal imp by hand or something.

Edit: Because apparently no one can read and missed it's supposed to be an item. smh
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Does that not defeat the purpose of them being a random rarity effect? People begged to have uninfluneceable/unapplyable stuff for years. This is theirs. I guess we should leave that be. Or - if this indeed needs changing - then we should go with straigth up applyable scrolls. It seems nonsensical to help the people that do not want to be patient when breeding but not help the ones that need to apply it on a progen they had since '13.
Does that not defeat the purpose of them being a random rarity effect? People begged to have uninfluneceable/unapplyable stuff for years. This is theirs. I guess we should leave that be. Or - if this indeed needs changing - then we should go with straigth up applyable scrolls. It seems nonsensical to help the people that do not want to be patient when breeding but not help the ones that need to apply it on a progen they had since '13.
what about an item that just increases the odds of hatching rare eyes
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
[quote name="DetectivePopcorn" date="2019-03-11 12:10:38" ] what about an item that just increases the odds of hatching rare eyes [/quote] I would support an item that increases the chances more than an item that guarantees every hatchling will have a rare eye type.
DetectivePopcorn wrote on 2019-03-11 12:10:38:
I would support an item that increases the chances more than an item that guarantees every hatchling will have a rare eye type.
IMG_8704.png
[quote name="DetectivePopcorn" date="2019-03-11 12:10:38" ] what about an item that just increases the odds of hatching rare eyes [/quote] Yeah, this I would support, actually. But eye types are not genetic.
DetectivePopcorn wrote on 2019-03-11 12:10:38:
Yeah, this I would support, actually.

But eye types are not genetic.
I don’t support this as I like the randomness of eyes. The more random, the more exciting it is to get these rare eye types.
I don’t support this as I like the randomness of eyes. The more random, the more exciting it is to get these rare eye types.
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
What about all the players who want to put the new types on their existing dragons?
What about all the players who want to put the new types on their existing dragons?
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2021-04-21 18:06:04" ] What about all the players who want to put the new types on their existing dragons? [/quote] I wasn’t going to bring this up but now that someone already has. I have absolutely no real opinion on this more or less just a feeling of disappointment. Mainly once again because I do not like breeding dragons to keep for myself and I see this item still not helping any of the existing issues with the eyes outside of projects. This item also only would be profitable to lairs with multiple pairs and all open nests as well as the funds to buy this item often and these eye types would lose value over time faster than they already are. This item would be nice for people not wanting to spend years on projects but that’s about it.
gemajgall wrote on 2021-04-21 18:06:04:

I wasn’t going to bring this up but now that someone already has.

I have absolutely no real opinion on this more or less just a feeling of disappointment. Mainly once again because I do not like breeding dragons to keep for myself and I see this item still not helping any of the existing issues with the eyes outside of projects.

This item also only would be profitable to lairs with multiple pairs and all open nests as well as the funds to buy this item often and these eye types would lose value over time faster than they already are.

This item would be nice for people not wanting to spend years on projects but that’s about it.
4xTBSTZ.png
I'm not...really sure who this helps, as a solution?

People who want natural eye types to be truly random and are excited about the current RNG system aren't going to like it because it, well, interferes with that.

People who want to apply special eyes to their progens or to another existing dragon which for whatever reason they can't or don't want to replace (special ID, special hatchdate, X years old, sentimental value) aren't going to like it because it still locks them out.

People who have G1 lairs aren't going to like it because there's no way to apply an item to an egg you're hatching, unless the devs build one--which makes it an advantage every new dragon except G1s will have, and makes G1s mechanically worse than other dragons.

(It would, of course, keep people from just hatching endless special-eyed G1s, but at a pretty awful cost for morale.)

And people who are trying to breed for a project could, as you say, spend 300g on a pair of items that doesn't give them what they want and may give them something they strongly dislike (lots of people have body-horror issues with Multigaze, Faceted, and Goat as well as certain flights' primals). If they need a dragon with another flight's eyes, they have to do an unsupported nest rental and send a valuable item as well as their dragons, which adds risk.

(re: your other question: as one data point, I bought Swiftbrood Boons once, just after Constellation came out, to maximize the sweet dragon cash from a breeding pair. They wegged me on the second nest. I have stopped breeding to sell new genes.)
I'm not...really sure who this helps, as a solution?

People who want natural eye types to be truly random and are excited about the current RNG system aren't going to like it because it, well, interferes with that.

People who want to apply special eyes to their progens or to another existing dragon which for whatever reason they can't or don't want to replace (special ID, special hatchdate, X years old, sentimental value) aren't going to like it because it still locks them out.

People who have G1 lairs aren't going to like it because there's no way to apply an item to an egg you're hatching, unless the devs build one--which makes it an advantage every new dragon except G1s will have, and makes G1s mechanically worse than other dragons.

(It would, of course, keep people from just hatching endless special-eyed G1s, but at a pretty awful cost for morale.)

And people who are trying to breed for a project could, as you say, spend 300g on a pair of items that doesn't give them what they want and may give them something they strongly dislike (lots of people have body-horror issues with Multigaze, Faceted, and Goat as well as certain flights' primals). If they need a dragon with another flight's eyes, they have to do an unsupported nest rental and send a valuable item as well as their dragons, which adds risk.

(re: your other question: as one data point, I bought Swiftbrood Boons once, just after Constellation came out, to maximize the sweet dragon cash from a breeding pair. They wegged me on the second nest. I have stopped breeding to sell new genes.)
I feel like this wouldn't solve the problem most of the eye update people have (can't apply to existing dragons / can't apply to g1s), and upset the people who like the rng of eye hatching.

It's still a cool idea - I would like items like this that swap gene rarities or breed rarities for a nest, or increase the chance of getting a certain gender.

But I don't think pumping the market with bred primals and multis is going to help the eye situation - it would be great for people with breeding projects (I would even take up some projects with this implemented) but I don't feel like this is the best way to solve the eye issue.
I feel like this wouldn't solve the problem most of the eye update people have (can't apply to existing dragons / can't apply to g1s), and upset the people who like the rng of eye hatching.

It's still a cool idea - I would like items like this that swap gene rarities or breed rarities for a nest, or increase the chance of getting a certain gender.

But I don't think pumping the market with bred primals and multis is going to help the eye situation - it would be great for people with breeding projects (I would even take up some projects with this implemented) but I don't feel like this is the best way to solve the eye issue.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
1 2