Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A Scroll that randomizes 1 chosen color
1 2 3
Like the tri-color scatterscroll that already exists, except you get to choose to randomize either the primary, secondary or tertiary color. Maybe it should cost 1/3rd as much as the full scroll, so that buying 3 separately is the same cost as buying just 1 that does all three.
Perfect for that beloved dragon of yours that you love 2 colors on it but the third one you might rather have any other color.
Like the tri-color scatterscroll that already exists, except you get to choose to randomize either the primary, secondary or tertiary color. Maybe it should cost 1/3rd as much as the full scroll, so that buying 3 separately is the same cost as buying just 1 that does all three.
Perfect for that beloved dragon of yours that you love 2 colors on it but the third one you might rather have any other color.
The forum search can help you out. Then you can search this topic and see all of the existing threads and responses so you'll know why many players reject this suggestion.
The forum search can help you out. Then you can search this topic and see all of the existing threads and responses so you'll know why many players reject this suggestion.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Can you "choose" the colors of Primary and Secondary and just "wild card" the Tertiary? Or does the other two stay exactly the same as on the dragon and you just randomize the selected one?
Can you "choose" the colors of Primary and Secondary and just "wild card" the Tertiary? Or does the other two stay exactly the same as on the dragon and you just randomize the selected one?
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
The answer you are seeking: time for a breeding project :3
The answer you are seeking: time for a breeding project :3
My friend... 1) XXX, XYY, YYX, etc. gen1s would plummet due to the drastically easier way to obtain them if all you have to do is scatterscroll an XXY gen1. 2) Breeding projects. 3) This 'feature' would make breeding projects easier than pie and make FR easier than ever.
My friend... 1) XXX, XYY, YYX, etc. gen1s would plummet due to the drastically easier way to obtain them if all you have to do is scatterscroll an XXY gen1. 2) Breeding projects. 3) This 'feature' would make breeding projects easier than pie and make FR easier than ever.
No support.

1/3 the risk does not mean 1/3 the price. I would double or triple the price if it was that much less risky.

No support even if it was more expensive. This is a breeding game, not a "buy a dragon off the AH and scroll it" game.
No support.

1/3 the risk does not mean 1/3 the price. I would double or triple the price if it was that much less risky.

No support even if it was more expensive. This is a breeding game, not a "buy a dragon off the AH and scroll it" game.
Wxlfiez
they/them | FRT + 3 | Wishlist
11-Headed Primal Emperor Quest
__________________________________ wolfies_shop_sig_button.png
Personally, since to me it is much more than simply 1/3 the risk to change a single color, I feel that, shoudl we get something like this, it should be VERY expensive. As in more than simply 1 or 2 or even 3 times the cost of a regular scatterscroll.

However, no support even if it were more expensive. Unless it was VERY expensive, it would have a negative impact on the gen 1 market, and as Wxlfiez said, this is a breeding game, not a 'scroll a dragon' game.
Personally, since to me it is much more than simply 1/3 the risk to change a single color, I feel that, shoudl we get something like this, it should be VERY expensive. As in more than simply 1 or 2 or even 3 times the cost of a regular scatterscroll.

However, no support even if it were more expensive. Unless it was VERY expensive, it would have a negative impact on the gen 1 market, and as Wxlfiez said, this is a breeding game, not a 'scroll a dragon' game.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
This is a rather divided topic within the suggestion forum. I personally do no think it is something that should be added as it removes a lot of the challenge from the game and it would be too easy to get a desirable result. Instead of breeding for it players could just scatter that one color and not worry about messing up the other colors. The tri-scatter scroll is a gamble, it may make things better or worse. A single-color scatter scroll is unlikely to make things worse but more likely to make things better.

For example my custom progen before I scattered her was Sky/Stonewash/Emerald. I thought the randomly generated emerald looked horrible with her colors. With a single color scatter scroll I could scatter that emerald, yes it may not improve things but it isn't going to harm it, as I really didn't like it. Sure it might take a few scrolls to get something I like, but it would still be a lot less risky than the tri-scatter scroll where you can scatter dozens of times to get something that you like. With the color expansion it may make it harder to get a particular color, but the general percentages of getting any color that could improve things have stayed about the same.

Also such a scroll could have a negative impact on the dragon economy (especially the first gen market). Currently color is king and it is about the only thing other than new genes/breeds that sell. Instead of breeding for three nice colors, if you were able to scatter the one clashy color and get a good result, you can start popping out hatchlings with those nice colors much quicker resulting in a drop in price of good color dragons due to oversaturation.

If something like this was added into the game, it should probably be at least three times more expensive than the tri-color scatter scroll as it is a lot less risky than a tri-color scatter scroll.
This is a rather divided topic within the suggestion forum. I personally do no think it is something that should be added as it removes a lot of the challenge from the game and it would be too easy to get a desirable result. Instead of breeding for it players could just scatter that one color and not worry about messing up the other colors. The tri-scatter scroll is a gamble, it may make things better or worse. A single-color scatter scroll is unlikely to make things worse but more likely to make things better.

For example my custom progen before I scattered her was Sky/Stonewash/Emerald. I thought the randomly generated emerald looked horrible with her colors. With a single color scatter scroll I could scatter that emerald, yes it may not improve things but it isn't going to harm it, as I really didn't like it. Sure it might take a few scrolls to get something I like, but it would still be a lot less risky than the tri-scatter scroll where you can scatter dozens of times to get something that you like. With the color expansion it may make it harder to get a particular color, but the general percentages of getting any color that could improve things have stayed about the same.

Also such a scroll could have a negative impact on the dragon economy (especially the first gen market). Currently color is king and it is about the only thing other than new genes/breeds that sell. Instead of breeding for three nice colors, if you were able to scatter the one clashy color and get a good result, you can start popping out hatchlings with those nice colors much quicker resulting in a drop in price of good color dragons due to oversaturation.

If something like this was added into the game, it should probably be at least three times more expensive than the tri-color scatter scroll as it is a lot less risky than a tri-color scatter scroll.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="Herico" date="2019-02-22 14:12:16" ] My friend... 1) XXX, XYY, YYX, etc. gen1s would plummet due to the drastically easier way to obtain them if all you have to do is scatterscroll an XXY gen1. 2) Breeding projects. 3) This 'feature' would make breeding projects easier than pie and make FR easier than ever. [/quote] this is true and it makes me wonder how much raffle triples have effected the triple/double economy O: i mean talk about pumping rare dragons into circulation!
Herico wrote on 2019-02-22 14:12:16:

this is true and it makes me wonder how much raffle triples have effected the triple/double economy O: i mean talk about pumping rare dragons into circulation!
[quote name="@chespin" date="2019-02-22 16:41:24" ] [quote name="Herico" date="2019-02-22 14:12:16" ] My friend... 1) XXX, XYY, YYX, etc. gen1s would plummet due to the drastically easier way to obtain them if all you have to do is scatterscroll an XXY gen1. 2) Breeding projects. 3) This 'feature' would make breeding projects easier than pie and make FR easier than ever. [/quote] this is true and it makes me wonder how much raffle triples have effected the triple/double economy O: i mean talk about pumping rare dragons into circulation! [/quote] I think because the raffle dragons are marked as such, and because they are chosen to be those colors, they haven't had as much effect on the economy as they could have. I am sure they have affected it somewhat, but they are slightly different, I think more in the way progens are, though these can be sold. Basically, they are their own markets and have little effect on the rest of the gen1s. At least, not that I have really heard about. If there had been no way to tell them from regular gen1s then I have the feeling the story might have been different.
@chespin wrote on 2019-02-22 16:41:24:
Herico wrote on 2019-02-22 14:12:16:

this is true and it makes me wonder how much raffle triples have effected the triple/double economy O: i mean talk about pumping rare dragons into circulation!
I think because the raffle dragons are marked as such, and because they are chosen to be those colors, they haven't had as much effect on the economy as they could have. I am sure they have affected it somewhat, but they are slightly different, I think more in the way progens are, though these can be sold.

Basically, they are their own markets and have little effect on the rest of the gen1s. At least, not that I have really heard about.

If there had been no way to tell them from regular gen1s then I have the feeling the story might have been different.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3