Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Hibernal Den task fix
I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but I think it'd be the most beneficial if as many tasks as you had the items for would show (up to the number normally displayed on the page). Like, if you have at least one requirement filled for 10 different tasks, then all those would show, rather than the task page showing a bunch of tasks you don't have a single item for.

Another idea is being able to choose which tasks you want to do from the "see all" page, so you can prioritize, but ultimately my main support would go to the first idea.
I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but I think it'd be the most beneficial if as many tasks as you had the items for would show (up to the number normally displayed on the page). Like, if you have at least one requirement filled for 10 different tasks, then all those would show, rather than the task page showing a bunch of tasks you don't have a single item for.

Another idea is being able to choose which tasks you want to do from the "see all" page, so you can prioritize, but ultimately my main support would go to the first idea.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
That allows bypassing the gatekeeping expensive tasks. It would be lovely to have been able to open all the slots for items that still cost 10k tr by AH prices, but those harder/more expensive tasks are there intentionally to slow people down as far as I can tell.

I would like some of the tasks, like the single egg tasks, to allow fulfillment with any egg and then the next time the egg task shows up the player needs any of the eggs not sent before. Of course, that would be more complicated to implement.

Anyways, some of these early bottlenecks are not going to be a problem in a few months. Many of the items are falling; I say that as someone who has listed and relisted many Hibernal Den task items. Plenty of the items will be back to barely above hoardsell value soon, too.

Lastly, if this suggestion was there from the beginning, it would have really favored those online at launch who could then snap up everything for cheap. The current implementation has actually kept many of the deeper in tasks' items' prices down.
That allows bypassing the gatekeeping expensive tasks. It would be lovely to have been able to open all the slots for items that still cost 10k tr by AH prices, but those harder/more expensive tasks are there intentionally to slow people down as far as I can tell.

I would like some of the tasks, like the single egg tasks, to allow fulfillment with any egg and then the next time the egg task shows up the player needs any of the eggs not sent before. Of course, that would be more complicated to implement.

Anyways, some of these early bottlenecks are not going to be a problem in a few months. Many of the items are falling; I say that as someone who has listed and relisted many Hibernal Den task items. Plenty of the items will be back to barely above hoardsell value soon, too.

Lastly, if this suggestion was there from the beginning, it would have really favored those online at launch who could then snap up everything for cheap. The current implementation has actually kept many of the deeper in tasks' items' prices down.
I don't support this suggestion for the simple reason, I tend to keep all my items in the vault. This means when I first go to the hibernal den task stage, I don't have any items out, and wouldn't see any tasks. Or if I happen to have some food items out that are part of a task, from gathering, I only see that particular task.

I think a far better option would be to allow players to simply refresh the tasks until they get ones they can do.
I don't support this suggestion for the simple reason, I tend to keep all my items in the vault. This means when I first go to the hibernal den task stage, I don't have any items out, and wouldn't see any tasks. Or if I happen to have some food items out that are part of a task, from gathering, I only see that particular task.

I think a far better option would be to allow players to simply refresh the tasks until they get ones they can do.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-02-22 15:51:57" ] I think a far better option would be to allow players to simply refresh the tasks until they get ones they can do. [/quote] Okay, agreed, that would be very nice.
Jemadar wrote on 2019-02-22 15:51:57:

Okay, agreed, that would be very nice.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
[quote name="Dagomor" date="2019-02-22 13:43:33" ] That allows bypassing the gatekeeping expensive tasks. It would be lovely to have been able to open all the slots for items that still cost 10k tr by AH prices, but those harder/more expensive tasks are there intentionally to slow people down as far as I can tell. [/quote] I'd bet it's also meant to raise the average cost of expansions without making every single slot feel unpleasantly or prohibitively expensive. When you can complete 4-5+ tasks for a few thousand t or a handful of gems each (or nothing really, for the tasks you already have or can grind/gather the items for) and then hit an expensive one it's probably worth it to consider how it averages out over all the tasks, compared to lair expansions which quickly get very expensive and are all equally costly at the higher tiers.
Dagomor wrote on 2019-02-22 13:43:33:

I'd bet it's also meant to raise the average cost of expansions without making every single slot feel unpleasantly or prohibitively expensive. When you can complete 4-5+ tasks for a few thousand t or a handful of gems each (or nothing really, for the tasks you already have or can grind/gather the items for) and then hit an expensive one it's probably worth it to consider how it averages out over all the tasks, compared to lair expansions which quickly get very expensive and are all equally costly at the higher tiers.