Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Naming dragons "Unnamed"?
1 2 3
While I'd love to name any dragon in my lair how I want it named (including unnamed and certain censored names) I have realized that the problems that this would make would likely outweight the benefit a few users would have from that. Unnamed is handked by the site as a name placeholder. And most people on here prefer the free namegiving + do not want renames to be free. Thus being able to name a dragon unnamed would not work in our current system. Maybe if the system one day changes we can introduce this feature.

But until such a time I'd be MORE than happy if I could finally train my unnamed dragons in the coliseum.
While I'd love to name any dragon in my lair how I want it named (including unnamed and certain censored names) I have realized that the problems that this would make would likely outweight the benefit a few users would have from that. Unnamed is handked by the site as a name placeholder. And most people on here prefer the free namegiving + do not want renames to be free. Thus being able to name a dragon unnamed would not work in our current system. Maybe if the system one day changes we can introduce this feature.

But until such a time I'd be MORE than happy if I could finally train my unnamed dragons in the coliseum.
[quote name="Grow" date="2019-02-21 22:41:39" ] Or...how would it be like if there was a fee to exalt unnamed? Like a small fee of 10kt? If one wants to exalt unnamed then by all means if you are willing to pay a little . This would discourage users from exalting unnamed although it can hurt the exalter's rights because the dragon is already sold to them and it's already theirs. Although...this can hopefully reduce unnamed exalts? [/quote] There is nothing wrong with exalting, and putting a fee to exalt implies that there IS someting wrong. The gods themselves have said there is nothing wrong with unnamed exalts, and I will take the words of Icewarden over the words of some other user.
Grow wrote on 2019-02-21 22:41:39:

Or...how would it be like if there was a fee to exalt unnamed? Like a small fee of 10kt? If one wants to exalt unnamed then by all means if you are willing to pay a little
. This would discourage users from exalting unnamed although it can hurt the exalter's rights because the dragon is already sold to them and it's already theirs. Although...this can hopefully reduce unnamed exalts?

There is nothing wrong with exalting, and putting a fee to exalt implies that there IS someting wrong.

The gods themselves have said there is nothing wrong with unnamed exalts, and I will take the words of Icewarden over the words of some other user.
As others have said the difference between Unnamed/named Unnamed is a free renaming. No support. As far as charging a fee for a specific name on a dragon when it's been exalted I'd support that if I could choose the names on that list. You don't like Unnamed so it gets a fee, I don't like fandragon names, uncapitalized first letters in a name, misspellings and random x's so they get a fee, too. In case it wasn't clear I do not support a fee based on the name a dragon has when it is exalted. It penalizes people who do not support your biases without penalizing people who support mine. That is unfair to the userbase and would encourage spite exalting in ways the rules don't cover. For example I could name every dragon I buy Unnamed "xXNoamiX" and it wouldn't be harassment because I name every dragon that. I'm not singling out anyone in particular, just dragons who are Unnamed. As far as stigma goes constantly bringing up this issue is only increasing it. If you want to control your offspring list forever join the [url=https://www.akc.org/register/information/naming-of-dog/]AKC[/url] or the [url=http://www.registry.jockeyclub.com/registry.cfm?Page=tjcRuleBook#six]Jocky Club[/url] for that kind of thing. Those are both associations that place the breeder's rights above that of the owners. Well, only certain breeders. Turns out you have to submit your names to the associations first to see if they're acceptable enough. If you're not on the board that determines acceptable names you can't use any name you like, either. [img]https://i.imgur.com/JpK6xxY.png[/img]
As others have said the difference between Unnamed/named Unnamed is a free renaming. No support.

As far as charging a fee for a specific name on a dragon when it's been exalted I'd support that if I could choose the names on that list. You don't like Unnamed so it gets a fee, I don't like fandragon names, uncapitalized first letters in a name, misspellings and random x's so they get a fee, too.

In case it wasn't clear I do not support a fee based on the name a dragon has when it is exalted. It penalizes people who do not support your biases without penalizing people who support mine. That is unfair to the userbase and would encourage spite exalting in ways the rules don't cover.

For example I could name every dragon I buy Unnamed "xXNoamiX" and it wouldn't be harassment because I name every dragon that. I'm not singling out anyone in particular, just dragons who are Unnamed.

As far as stigma goes constantly bringing up this issue is only increasing it. If you want to control your offspring list forever join the AKC or the Jocky Club for that kind of thing. Those are both associations that place the breeder's rights above that of the owners.

Well, only certain breeders. Turns out you have to submit your names to the associations first to see if they're acceptable enough. If you're not on the board that determines acceptable names you can't use any name you like, either.

JpK6xxY.png

I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
I understood the points made in this thread but I got dizzy with all the "named unnamed and unnamed unnamed" [emoji=coatl laughing]
I understood the points made in this thread but I got dizzy with all the "named unnamed and unnamed unnamed"
[quote name="Marimar" date="2019-02-22 17:52:56" ] I understood the points made in this thread but I got dizzy with all the "named unnamed and unnamed unnamed" [emoji=coatl laughing] [/quote] First off, same. Secondly: [quote name="DragonSage" date="2019-02-22 05:04:21" ] One of the reasons Unnamed is banned as a name is to prevent trolls from slapping players with an unexpected renaming fee. [/quote] You can filter out “named” Unnamed in the AH with the Name selection. So, while it would be an inconvenience, there is already a safety catch available. On another note, I don’t see a problem with naming a dragon unnamed. Both for Lore (because there’s a difference between, say, Unnamed and Nameless, minute as it is), and simply for preference. It isn’t a slur or a bad word in any way, so it is a slight way of criminalising a harmless name.
Marimar wrote on 2019-02-22 17:52:56:
I understood the points made in this thread but I got dizzy with all the "named unnamed and unnamed unnamed"
First off, same.

Secondly:
DragonSage wrote on 2019-02-22 05:04:21:
One of the reasons Unnamed is banned as a name is to prevent trolls from slapping players with an unexpected renaming fee.

You can filter out “named” Unnamed in the AH with the Name selection. So, while it would be an inconvenience, there is already a safety catch available.

On another note, I don’t see a problem with naming a dragon unnamed. Both for Lore (because there’s a difference between, say, Unnamed and Nameless, minute as it is), and simply for preference. It isn’t a slur or a bad word in any way, so it is a slight way of criminalising a harmless name.
8mIb4Hl.gif
I cannot support anything that gives a fee to exalt an unnamed dragon. It is as if people are being punished to have their lore or trying to win Dom.

I would love for Unnamed to be an allowed state for a dragon to live, train. breed, exalt, show off in your lair or whatever you choose. There is nothing wrong with Unnamed dragons. I do agree with what Jemadar said about it also possibly causing more drama because the solution to keeping all of your offspring lists with names would be taken away.
I cannot support anything that gives a fee to exalt an unnamed dragon. It is as if people are being punished to have their lore or trying to win Dom.

I would love for Unnamed to be an allowed state for a dragon to live, train. breed, exalt, show off in your lair or whatever you choose. There is nothing wrong with Unnamed dragons. I do agree with what Jemadar said about it also possibly causing more drama because the solution to keeping all of your offspring lists with names would be taken away.
Stuff will one day go here.
I would much rather just be able to drag unnamed dragons into the coli. Naming a dragon 'unnamed' feels like trying to scam users or just be a troll in general.

Also, absolutly no support fr a fee on certain names of exaltees! 10kt?! That's at the bare minimum equal to a lvl 6 dragon. Exalting is not a bad thing, nor is an unnamed dragon and it should not be treated as that. Also the pure, simple impact souch a tax could have on dom battles is insane. During the last hours/minutes of a really intense battle a lot of unnamed dragons often just gets picked up and immediatly exalted to try and make a last minute flip. A 10kt tax on top of a high fodder floor would ruin anyone.
I would much rather just be able to drag unnamed dragons into the coli. Naming a dragon 'unnamed' feels like trying to scam users or just be a troll in general.

Also, absolutly no support fr a fee on certain names of exaltees! 10kt?! That's at the bare minimum equal to a lvl 6 dragon. Exalting is not a bad thing, nor is an unnamed dragon and it should not be treated as that. Also the pure, simple impact souch a tax could have on dom battles is insane. During the last hours/minutes of a really intense battle a lot of unnamed dragons often just gets picked up and immediatly exalted to try and make a last minute flip. A 10kt tax on top of a high fodder floor would ruin anyone.
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
No thanks. If this happened, I'd have to stop selling my dragons completely. I don't like 'Unnamed' in my naming list. I am aware that once the dragon leaves my lair, it is not mine and I don't have control, but the name does still affect me and I name all dragons before they leave my lair.

I do think Unnamed should be allowed in the coliseum, though.
No thanks. If this happened, I'd have to stop selling my dragons completely. I don't like 'Unnamed' in my naming list. I am aware that once the dragon leaves my lair, it is not mine and I don't have control, but the name does still affect me and I name all dragons before they leave my lair.

I do think Unnamed should be allowed in the coliseum, though.
As much as I enjoy unnamed dragons (to the point of specifically collecting unnamed oldies), I have to say no support. With the current system people who dislike unnamed can guarantee that their lists will not have unnamed no matter what happens, and it's a good thing.

Though, as some people above said, I think that Unnamed should be allowed in coli.
As much as I enjoy unnamed dragons (to the point of specifically collecting unnamed oldies), I have to say no support. With the current system people who dislike unnamed can guarantee that their lists will not have unnamed no matter what happens, and it's a good thing.

Though, as some people above said, I think that Unnamed should be allowed in coli.
No support to both suggestions.

I don't really understand why being able to name dragons "unnamed" would do anything other than make things worse, tbh. It would only result in people getting annoyed the dragon they thought they could name for free is already named. Also, people would still get annoyed by dragons getting exalted unnamed since there's no difference between being a named unnamed and a true unnamed on an offspring list. Also also, this would probably result in more harassment since people could buy named dragons and rename them unnamed.

Also unnamed isn't an inherently bad thing, so it's silly to punish exalters for no reason other than to protect someone's offspring list, especially when that person could've just named the dragon before it left their lair in the first place. The fault of a dragon being exalted unnamed is on the original owner, not anyone else.
No support to both suggestions.

I don't really understand why being able to name dragons "unnamed" would do anything other than make things worse, tbh. It would only result in people getting annoyed the dragon they thought they could name for free is already named. Also, people would still get annoyed by dragons getting exalted unnamed since there's no difference between being a named unnamed and a true unnamed on an offspring list. Also also, this would probably result in more harassment since people could buy named dragons and rename them unnamed.

Also unnamed isn't an inherently bad thing, so it's silly to punish exalters for no reason other than to protect someone's offspring list, especially when that person could've just named the dragon before it left their lair in the first place. The fault of a dragon being exalted unnamed is on the original owner, not anyone else.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
1 2 3