Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Naming dragons "Unnamed"?
1 2 3
I don't want to start anything controversial, because it doesn't really end well...so I'm not going to reply to this thread. I'm just thinking of why we can't named our dragons unnamed. What's the difference between a named unnamed and unnamed unnamed? Well, there's no button that says to name the dragon once you name a dragon Unnamed. Such unnamed dragons can be sent to the coliseum for training.

I don't know if this suggestion is ever useful but it can make it ambiguous whether a dragon is unnamed or not? No one will know if your unnamed dragon is named or not and I hope this wouldn't spark anxiety in people...and hopefully ease the unnamed exalt issue.

I understand that once a dragon is sold, it's no longer yours and it's best to name before selling to avoid such consequences...although it seems useless but I hope it can allow us to be more accepting of the name "Unnamed".

It might trick people into buying a named Unnamed dragon but...if you really want to buy a dragon 6kt isn't a really big deal as many have said. Not only that, if someone sells their dragons naming unnamed as fodder they can be exalted unnamed and maybe it can become a less stigmatized thing to do.
I don't want to start anything controversial, because it doesn't really end well...so I'm not going to reply to this thread. I'm just thinking of why we can't named our dragons unnamed. What's the difference between a named unnamed and unnamed unnamed? Well, there's no button that says to name the dragon once you name a dragon Unnamed. Such unnamed dragons can be sent to the coliseum for training.

I don't know if this suggestion is ever useful but it can make it ambiguous whether a dragon is unnamed or not? No one will know if your unnamed dragon is named or not and I hope this wouldn't spark anxiety in people...and hopefully ease the unnamed exalt issue.

I understand that once a dragon is sold, it's no longer yours and it's best to name before selling to avoid such consequences...although it seems useless but I hope it can allow us to be more accepting of the name "Unnamed".

It might trick people into buying a named Unnamed dragon but...if you really want to buy a dragon 6kt isn't a really big deal as many have said. Not only that, if someone sells their dragons naming unnamed as fodder they can be exalted unnamed and maybe it can become a less stigmatized thing to do.
iirc it's to prevent harrassment ie: buying an unnamed dragon and naming it "unnamed" but tbh being able to name them unnamed might remove some of the stigma behind "unnamed" being bad as you said. It is just another name, afterall Also I would totally love to unname some of my dragons [quote]It might trick people into buying a named Unnamed dragon but hey...if you really want to buy a dragon 6kt isn't a really big deal as many have said[/quote] The system could just opt to not differentiate between an unnamed dragon and a dragon named "unnamed"- meaning if you name it Unnamed you can name it something else for free as you could with an unnamed dragon :O At this very moment I can't think of a way this could be abused but I could be missing something... But yeah, I would like this and I would like ot unname my dragons
iirc it's to prevent harrassment ie: buying an unnamed dragon and naming it "unnamed"

but tbh being able to name them unnamed might remove some of the stigma behind "unnamed" being bad as you said. It is just another name, afterall

Also I would totally love to unname some of my dragons
Quote:
It might trick people into buying a named Unnamed dragon but hey...if you really want to buy a dragon 6kt isn't a really big deal as many have said

The system could just opt to not differentiate between an unnamed dragon and a dragon named "unnamed"- meaning if you name it Unnamed you can name it something else for free as you could with an unnamed dragon :O At this very moment I can't think of a way this could be abused but I could be missing something...

But yeah, I would like this and I would like ot unname my dragons
it's possible that they already use the dragon being named 'unnamed' as a way of telling that it hasn't been named yet (and the game therefore letting you name it) without having to explicitly separately mark the dragon as not-yet-named, and that that's the reason you can't currently name them 'unnamed.'

anyway, no support cus I doubt it'd remove any of the 'stigma' behind dragons being unnamed (since you can't tell the difference if you're not the dragon's owner, and it's very unlikely to encourage people to like,,, have unnamed permadragons or anything) and it opens up potential for confusion/harrassment by 'unnaming' someone's named for-sale dragons (which could be provoked by the various unnamed exalt suggestions that come up from time to time) and exalting them. i kinda dont feel like being able to coli with unnamed dragons-that-you've-named-'unnamed' is a big enough payoff for that? i dunno. kind of a mild non-support.
it's possible that they already use the dragon being named 'unnamed' as a way of telling that it hasn't been named yet (and the game therefore letting you name it) without having to explicitly separately mark the dragon as not-yet-named, and that that's the reason you can't currently name them 'unnamed.'

anyway, no support cus I doubt it'd remove any of the 'stigma' behind dragons being unnamed (since you can't tell the difference if you're not the dragon's owner, and it's very unlikely to encourage people to like,,, have unnamed permadragons or anything) and it opens up potential for confusion/harrassment by 'unnaming' someone's named for-sale dragons (which could be provoked by the various unnamed exalt suggestions that come up from time to time) and exalting them. i kinda dont feel like being able to coli with unnamed dragons-that-you've-named-'unnamed' is a big enough payoff for that? i dunno. kind of a mild non-support.
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
The reason is to prevent harassment, but not in the way of naming Unnamed dragons Unnamed, as that'another issue (more like "scamming" by forcing other users to spend extra money on rename scrolls since it would be impossible to tell from a buyer's perspective if the dragon is truly Unnamed or not).
The harassment can come from users buying named dragons and then renaming them Unnamed. This is specifically targeting people who are doing things "correctly" by naming dragons they want to sell first if they want to avoid having Unnamed in their offspring lists. Unfortunately Unnamed does have a negative connotation to it for some users, and it's understandable this would be highly upsetting to them if they're already doing all they can to prevent having Unnamed dragons.
The reason is to prevent harassment, but not in the way of naming Unnamed dragons Unnamed, as that'another issue (more like "scamming" by forcing other users to spend extra money on rename scrolls since it would be impossible to tell from a buyer's perspective if the dragon is truly Unnamed or not).
The harassment can come from users buying named dragons and then renaming them Unnamed. This is specifically targeting people who are doing things "correctly" by naming dragons they want to sell first if they want to avoid having Unnamed in their offspring lists. Unfortunately Unnamed does have a negative connotation to it for some users, and it's understandable this would be highly upsetting to them if they're already doing all they can to prevent having Unnamed dragons.
by-Joydom-FR.png
One of the reasons Unnamed is banned as a name is to prevent trolls from slapping players with an unexpected renaming fee.

Currently players who don’t want Unnamed dragons are able to prevent them by naming them before they leave their lair. If players could unname an already named dragon it would only fan the flames against Unnamed dragons.

Instead I’d rather allow Unnamed dragons in the coliseum as that would help treat Unnamed dragons like Named dragons since it’s really only one of the things an Unnamed dragon cannot so

Edit: Absolutely no support for a fee to exalt a dragon Unnamed. There is nothing wrong with Unnamed dragons and there is no reason to discourage them. Players who dislike Unnamed dragons can prevent them by naming before selling
One of the reasons Unnamed is banned as a name is to prevent trolls from slapping players with an unexpected renaming fee.

Currently players who don’t want Unnamed dragons are able to prevent them by naming them before they leave their lair. If players could unname an already named dragon it would only fan the flames against Unnamed dragons.

Instead I’d rather allow Unnamed dragons in the coliseum as that would help treat Unnamed dragons like Named dragons since it’s really only one of the things an Unnamed dragon cannot so

Edit: Absolutely no support for a fee to exalt a dragon Unnamed. There is nothing wrong with Unnamed dragons and there is no reason to discourage them. Players who dislike Unnamed dragons can prevent them by naming before selling
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Agreed with the others that I understand the reason we can't is to prevent people from trolling or scamming others. But as far as your second point, [quote name="Grow" date="2019-02-21 22:41:39" ] Or...how would it be like if there was a fee to exalt unnamed? Like a small fee of 10kt? If one wants to exalt unnamed then by all means if you are willing to pay a little . This would discourage users from exalting unnamed although it can hurt the exalter's rights because the dragon is already sold to them and it's already theirs. Although...this can hopefully reduce unnamed exalts? [/quote] Wouldn't it reduce even [i]more[/i] Unnamed exalts if sellers had to pay to sell Unnamed? Why put the onus on the exalter if it's the seller who has a problem with it? Add an extra 10kT in the AH fee that gets taken out at the end of the sale. Then those dragons will be priced above average fodder prices and the seller will have to acknowledge that the dragon was intentionally sold Unnamed. Not that I think either option would be a viable addition to gameplay, as I think either way it rolls people would just be upset.
Agreed with the others that I understand the reason we can't is to prevent people from trolling or scamming others. But as far as your second point,
Grow wrote on 2019-02-21 22:41:39:
Or...how would it be like if there was a fee to exalt unnamed? Like a small fee of 10kt? If one wants to exalt unnamed then by all means if you are willing to pay a little
. This would discourage users from exalting unnamed although it can hurt the exalter's rights because the dragon is already sold to them and it's already theirs. Although...this can hopefully reduce unnamed exalts?

Wouldn't it reduce even more Unnamed exalts if sellers had to pay to sell Unnamed? Why put the onus on the exalter if it's the seller who has a problem with it? Add an extra 10kT in the AH fee that gets taken out at the end of the sale. Then those dragons will be priced above average fodder prices and the seller will have to acknowledge that the dragon was intentionally sold Unnamed.

Not that I think either option would be a viable addition to gameplay, as I think either way it rolls people would just be upset.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
softbun pretty much hit why this wouldn't be well received.

No support for people having to pay to exalt dragons Unnamed. This is not only against FR's stance on dragon ownership, but it would just delay exalting and cause more and more fodder dragons Unnamed to pile up in the AH. I don't support punishing exalters or Dom efforts in any way since they're vital for the dragon economy.
softbun pretty much hit why this wouldn't be well received.

No support for people having to pay to exalt dragons Unnamed. This is not only against FR's stance on dragon ownership, but it would just delay exalting and cause more and more fodder dragons Unnamed to pile up in the AH. I don't support punishing exalters or Dom efforts in any way since they're vital for the dragon economy.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I feel like the best solution is to create an "Unnamed" Scroll. This could be the same or double the price of the rename scroll, which just reverts a dragons name to it's unnamed state.

This way people can level dragons that they want to keep unnamed for lore purposes. People can choose to have a dragon unnamed if they bought it names. And it's cost prohibitive enough that large exalters aren't going to use it to "Unnamed" the dragons they exalt out of spite.

Perhaps this could be used to harass a user, but the renaming scroll already lets us do that, as you could purchase named dragons from some one, and name them, "ABCDEFG" and other awful names anyways.

Definitely no support to add a fee to exalting "Unnamed" dragons. That's ridiculous, especially near the end of fierce dom battles where dragons get mass purchased and exalted quickly, sometimes with no names.
I feel like the best solution is to create an "Unnamed" Scroll. This could be the same or double the price of the rename scroll, which just reverts a dragons name to it's unnamed state.

This way people can level dragons that they want to keep unnamed for lore purposes. People can choose to have a dragon unnamed if they bought it names. And it's cost prohibitive enough that large exalters aren't going to use it to "Unnamed" the dragons they exalt out of spite.

Perhaps this could be used to harass a user, but the renaming scroll already lets us do that, as you could purchase named dragons from some one, and name them, "ABCDEFG" and other awful names anyways.

Definitely no support to add a fee to exalting "Unnamed" dragons. That's ridiculous, especially near the end of fierce dom battles where dragons get mass purchased and exalted quickly, sometimes with no names.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
While I wouldn't mind this, unfortunately, it would probably only create MORE 'unnamed' stigma, as then there would be NO way to prevent unnamed dragons from showing up, as there is now.

Players who dislike unnamed dragons showing up, but who name their dragons now to prevent it, would be upset because now they could have unnamed dragons on their lineages, despite naming all dragons that leave their lair.

Also, no support for any type of fee to exalt any dragons. It is on the person who cares to manage their offspring lists, not the exalters or buyers or even the site. If that person dislikes unnamed dragons, then they can either not sell dragons or sell named (if this were implemented, the only option would be to not sell dragons)

I would and do support being able to train unnamed, because again, the only person who has the responsibility to maintain offspring lists is the person who cares about that specific offspring list. If they don't care enough about it to make sure the offspring leaves their lair named, then they cannot reasonably expect anyone else to care enough about that either. So, if this would result in more unnamed exalts, who cares. Every dragon that is sold unnamed had several chances for the breeder (or the person who owns the parents) to name that dragon before it was exalted. IE, by naming before they sell that dragon for the first time. they could have named it at hatching, they could have named it at any point between hatching and listing, and they could have named it just before they listed it. I believe they can even name it while listed, but not sure. Once that dragon is sold, they lost all right to name it, or force it to have a name.

While I wouldn't mind this, unfortunately, it would probably only create MORE 'unnamed' stigma, as then there would be NO way to prevent unnamed dragons from showing up, as there is now.

Players who dislike unnamed dragons showing up, but who name their dragons now to prevent it, would be upset because now they could have unnamed dragons on their lineages, despite naming all dragons that leave their lair.

Also, no support for any type of fee to exalt any dragons. It is on the person who cares to manage their offspring lists, not the exalters or buyers or even the site. If that person dislikes unnamed dragons, then they can either not sell dragons or sell named (if this were implemented, the only option would be to not sell dragons)

I would and do support being able to train unnamed, because again, the only person who has the responsibility to maintain offspring lists is the person who cares about that specific offspring list. If they don't care enough about it to make sure the offspring leaves their lair named, then they cannot reasonably expect anyone else to care enough about that either. So, if this would result in more unnamed exalts, who cares. Every dragon that is sold unnamed had several chances for the breeder (or the person who owns the parents) to name that dragon before it was exalted. IE, by naming before they sell that dragon for the first time. they could have named it at hatching, they could have named it at any point between hatching and listing, and they could have named it just before they listed it. I believe they can even name it while listed, but not sure. Once that dragon is sold, they lost all right to name it, or force it to have a name.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Firtarian" date="2019-02-22 06:52:07" ] I feel like the best solution is to create an "Unnamed" Scroll. This could be the same or double the price of the rename scroll, which just reverts a dragons name to it's unnamed state. This way people can level dragons that they want to keep unnamed for lore purposes. People can choose to have a dragon unnamed if they bought it names. And it's cost prohibitive enough that large exalters aren't going to use it to "Unnamed" the dragons they exalt out of spite. Perhaps this could be used to harass a user, but the renaming scroll already lets us do that, as you could purchase named dragons from some one, and name them, "ABCDEFG" and other awful names anyways. Definitely no support to add a fee to exalting "Unnamed" dragons. That's ridiculous, especially near the end of fierce dom battles where dragons get mass purchased and exalted quickly, sometimes with no names. [/quote] This could be a potential other way to do it. I like this idea of having an 'unnaming scroll' that can be used to 'reset the dragon's name' for players who want/like unnamed dragons, but since it is a scroll, it wouldn't likely be used simply to upset people. (it could, but it would be by the same type of people who buy renaming scrolls to rename dragons to something upsetting for specific people now, which I hope is a small portion of the userbase) Edit: However, I would still prefer/want to be able to train dragons unnamed as well. While the unnaming scroll would be useful for lore clans, being able to train unnamed would be useful for other types of players as well. Many players just use a single (or set of) name(s) for their exalters because they have to have a name. I personally name all dragons that leave my lair, but it can take me forever to name them, and until I do, I can't train them. It would be very useful to be able to train unnamed, then give them a name just before selling them.
Firtarian wrote on 2019-02-22 06:52:07:

This could be a potential other way to do it. I like this idea of having an 'unnaming scroll' that can be used to 'reset the dragon's name' for players who want/like unnamed dragons, but since it is a scroll, it wouldn't likely be used simply to upset people. (it could, but it would be by the same type of people who buy renaming scrolls to rename dragons to something upsetting for specific people now, which I hope is a small portion of the userbase)

Edit: However, I would still prefer/want to be able to train dragons unnamed as well.

While the unnaming scroll would be useful for lore clans, being able to train unnamed would be useful for other types of players as well. Many players just use a single (or set of) name(s) for their exalters because they have to have a name. I personally name all dragons that leave my lair, but it can take me forever to name them, and until I do, I can't train them. It would be very useful to be able to train unnamed, then give them a name just before selling them.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3