Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change the Rarity on Bat Wings
1 2
Delicate Bat Wings are listed as a two-star item. Maybe that was accurate back when they dropped in more than one place (I remember having stacks of them once upon a time), but that is emphatically no longer the case.

In the time I've been grinding for Delicate Bat Wings, I've gotten four Dryads and an Autumn Dryad--rainbow star items (to say nothing of oodles of the other familiars). I've gotten 15 bat wings. Five rainbow star-items to three two-star items.

Fifteen bat wings to 131 Forestpath Roosters. Two stars to one star.

Or even worse 15 Delicate Batwings to 121 Decorative Feather Fans.

That doesn't even make sense. The Decorative Feather Fans are four-star items, but they drop from Cockatrices at nearly a 8:1 odds compared to Bat Wings. DFF, which are two-stars higher in rarity than bat wings, are eight times more likely to drop for their mutual enemy.

This is just silly.

Either fix the bat wings to drop with a frequency that is appropriate to their rarity, or fix their star-rating rarity so that it matches their infrequent drop ratio.
Delicate Bat Wings are listed as a two-star item. Maybe that was accurate back when they dropped in more than one place (I remember having stacks of them once upon a time), but that is emphatically no longer the case.

In the time I've been grinding for Delicate Bat Wings, I've gotten four Dryads and an Autumn Dryad--rainbow star items (to say nothing of oodles of the other familiars). I've gotten 15 bat wings. Five rainbow star-items to three two-star items.

Fifteen bat wings to 131 Forestpath Roosters. Two stars to one star.

Or even worse 15 Delicate Batwings to 121 Decorative Feather Fans.

That doesn't even make sense. The Decorative Feather Fans are four-star items, but they drop from Cockatrices at nearly a 8:1 odds compared to Bat Wings. DFF, which are two-stars higher in rarity than bat wings, are eight times more likely to drop for their mutual enemy.

This is just silly.

Either fix the bat wings to drop with a frequency that is appropriate to their rarity, or fix their star-rating rarity so that it matches their infrequent drop ratio.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
There are definitely some items which need to be balanced better. I think back before the training fields overhaul they were a main drop, but since then they've moved stuff around, so they are far more rare.

Normally I don't think it would be a problem, but because of the turn in quest its causing issues. I don't think one of the first basic quests should be so hard. Save those for the higher tier turn-ins please.
There are definitely some items which need to be balanced better. I think back before the training fields overhaul they were a main drop, but since then they've moved stuff around, so they are far more rare.

Normally I don't think it would be a problem, but because of the turn in quest its causing issues. I don't think one of the first basic quests should be so hard. Save those for the higher tier turn-ins please.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
I'm not even sure if their actual drop rate was ever changed. The one change that definitely did happen, however, was the removal of them as a drop from all enemies except one.

Have 'em drop from the Basilisk, Grouse Basilisk and Coral Basilisk. That alone will improve their frequency.
I'm not even sure if their actual drop rate was ever changed. The one change that definitely did happen, however, was the removal of them as a drop from all enemies except one.

Have 'em drop from the Basilisk, Grouse Basilisk and Coral Basilisk. That alone will improve their frequency.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I'm fairly sure that they used to be the only meat drop from cockatrices as well, which means they would have dropped more often.

That being said, removing them from the webwings and the cursed bat I think really is what killed them, as that happened with the training fields update, iirc.
I'm fairly sure that they used to be the only meat drop from cockatrices as well, which means they would have dropped more often.

That being said, removing them from the webwings and the cursed bat I think really is what killed them, as that happened with the training fields update, iirc.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
It's not going to change much. 2-star isn't a high rarity, it would be troublesome if they were well, 4-star or 5-star but, 2-star to 1-star?

What they need to do is add them back to mobs where they were in the past - like Firtarian said - would be a better solution.
It's not going to change much. 2-star isn't a high rarity, it would be troublesome if they were well, 4-star or 5-star but, 2-star to 1-star?

What they need to do is add them back to mobs where they were in the past - like Firtarian said - would be a better solution.
Please, I'm onto the Forest/Delta for other quests, but I still need 16 Bat Wings!
Please, I'm onto the Forest/Delta for other quests, but I still need 16 Bat Wings!
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2019-02-21 20:54:21" ] It's not going to change much. 2-star isn't a high rarity, it would be troublesome if they were well, 4-star or 5-star but, 2-star to 1-star? [/quote] I think you misunderstand me. I don't mean to change the rating to, like, one star. I just mean that these items don't drop at a frequency consistent with a 2-star item. They drop at a frequency more consistent with 5 or rainbow-starred items. The one enemy that drops them also drops a 4-star item eight times more often than it drops this 2-star item. So either they need to correct the star rating to show that it's a 5-star item, or they need to let it drop more frequently (possibly from more enemies) I would [i]prefer[/i] for them to do like Firtarian said. But I don't think it's likely--it's entirely possible that this is supposed to be a Really Difficult Quest. If that's the case, I'd just like them to change the star rating, to let people know what they're in for.
Sopheroo wrote on 2019-02-21 20:54:21:

I think you misunderstand me. I don't mean to change the rating to, like, one star.

I just mean that these items don't drop at a frequency consistent with a 2-star item. They drop at a frequency more consistent with 5 or rainbow-starred items. The one enemy that drops them also drops a 4-star item eight times more often than it drops this 2-star item.

So either they need to correct the star rating to show that it's a 5-star item, or they need to let it drop more frequently (possibly from more enemies)

I would prefer for them to do like Firtarian said. But I don't think it's likely--it's entirely possible that this is supposed to be a Really Difficult Quest.

If that's the case, I'd just like them to change the star rating, to let people know what they're in for.

@trix

They drop with the consistency of an occasional 2-star item, yeah. It's less of a thing in recent venues, but enemies in old venues have rare drops who aren't runestones/eggs/familiars.

Decorative Feather Fan is a regular drop - you have a high chance of getting it every battle. Forestpath Rooster is a regular drop. The bat wing isn't - you have a lower chance of getting it every battle.

Which was poorly thought out in the first place.
@trix

They drop with the consistency of an occasional 2-star item, yeah. It's less of a thing in recent venues, but enemies in old venues have rare drops who aren't runestones/eggs/familiars.

Decorative Feather Fan is a regular drop - you have a high chance of getting it every battle. Forestpath Rooster is a regular drop. The bat wing isn't - you have a lower chance of getting it every battle.

Which was poorly thought out in the first place.
That...doesn't make any sense? If it's a two-star drop, how can it be a rare drop?

What makes something a regular drop versus an occasional drop, and how is that conveyed if not via the star rating?
That...doesn't make any sense? If it's a two-star drop, how can it be a rare drop?

What makes something a regular drop versus an occasional drop, and how is that conveyed if not via the star rating?
hard agree. cockatrices are uncommon in the first place since they dont appear in too many of the mobs; compounding that with the fact that dbw has a low drop rate and you have people grinding in the wp for literal days with no results.

either up the drop rate, or lower the amount required for the slot unlock.

the fact that a dbw goes for 9kt lah price should say everything unsaid at this point
hard agree. cockatrices are uncommon in the first place since they dont appear in too many of the mobs; compounding that with the fact that dbw has a low drop rate and you have people grinding in the wp for literal days with no results.

either up the drop rate, or lower the amount required for the slot unlock.

the fact that a dbw goes for 9kt lah price should say everything unsaid at this point
tumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko4_100.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko3_250.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko2_250.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko1_250.png
1 2