Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Put Male/Mars icons back on a diagonal
1 2 3
Okay, so this might just be an issue of mine, but apparently I never completely internalized the actual [i]shape[/i] of male/female icons - I just looked for the ones that were on a slant, and yep, that's male. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_female.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_male.png[/img][/center] It's amazing that staff darkened the color of the corner icon, makes it much easier to see, but when I'm glancing at a hatchling, I find myself having to check a nearby adult dragon to make sure I've got its gender correct. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_female.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/icons/small_male.png[/img][/center] It's a small thing, and probably something I'll get used to eventually, but the male=diagonal way is pretty standard, I thought? And much easier to spot quickly. I'm pretty sure they'd still be able to fit them into the little corner sections.
Okay, so this might just be an issue of mine, but apparently I never completely internalized the actual shape of male/female icons - I just looked for the ones that were on a slant, and yep, that's male.
small_female.pngsmall_male.png

It's amazing that staff darkened the color of the corner icon, makes it much easier to see, but when I'm glancing at a hatchling, I find myself having to check a nearby adult dragon to make sure I've got its gender correct.
small_female.pngsmall_male.png

It's a small thing, and probably something I'll get used to eventually, but the male=diagonal way is pretty standard, I thought? And much easier to spot quickly. I'm pretty sure they'd still be able to fit them into the little corner sections.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Agreed. That's how I always tell those symbols apart, as literally everywhere else I've seen them have the male on the diagonal. Having to check whether the symbol is facing up or down is a pain, and the plus vs the arrow is still really hard to tell at a glance.

I assume they didn't think it would work well because of the location being in the corner, but I don't think the solution was just getting rid of the angle entirely.
Agreed. That's how I always tell those symbols apart, as literally everywhere else I've seen them have the male on the diagonal. Having to check whether the symbol is facing up or down is a pain, and the plus vs the arrow is still really hard to tell at a glance.

I assume they didn't think it would work well because of the location being in the corner, but I don't think the solution was just getting rid of the angle entirely.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
Support. I have trouble differentiating them at a glance since the update.
Support. I have trouble differentiating them at a glance since the update.
Yeah, support. I'm so used to seeing it diagonally and it not being that way anymore constantly throws me off.
Yeah, support. I'm so used to seeing it diagonally and it not being that way anymore constantly throws me off.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Support! It's just so 'normal' for it to be diagonal that it's messing with my brain that it's not.
Support! It's just so 'normal' for it to be diagonal that it's messing with my brain that it's not.
lGriifT.png
It's supposed to be tilted, and I know it sounds like a weird complaint, it's really ingrained that way.
Support!
It's supposed to be tilted, and I know it sounds like a weird complaint, it's really ingrained that way.
Support!
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
Yes! On glance, I also used to check whether it's a | or a / and now everyone is a | :(
Yes! On glance, I also used to check whether it's a | or a / and now everyone is a | :(
JQQ3Fjt.png
Oh I never actually noticed this! Now that I see it I can't stop seeing it, and I don't like it. Support!
Oh I never actually noticed this! Now that I see it I can't stop seeing it, and I don't like it. Support!
IMG_8704.png
Support. My brain finds it quite confusing with them both being at the same line of symmetry. Having the male symbol at an angle really helps in quickly identifying sex, especially now that the colors are gone.
Support. My brain finds it quite confusing with them both being at the same line of symmetry. Having the male symbol at an angle really helps in quickly identifying sex, especially now that the colors are gone.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
It looks really weird like this. Support. Tilt it like it's supposeta be.
It looks really weird like this. Support. Tilt it like it's supposeta be.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
1 2 3