Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shuffle Den slot unlock tasks
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="kyonshi" date="2019-02-18 11:19:20" ] a daily shuffle option would be great. I'm currently stuck on everything because it's all gathering stuff and a runestone, and high level gathering skills are bad for this. I know there's a bunch of tasks I'd be able to do right away if it would let me.. but as it is I'm stuck for now and only 11 slots in. [/quote] yeah, i'm stuck at a similar place to you, i think. and while i can understand why a lot of the beginning options are made so that users with low gathering levels can access it, it leaves those of us with high gathering levels stuck, if only temporarily. it's annoying to know that i could probably unlock ten or more slots right now if only i didn't have to try gathering 15 level 1-pool bugs with my level 40 insect catching. i've been gathering for like three days and haven't seen one. and until the hype settles down, trying to buy them at ridiculous inflation off the AH is worse than pointless.
kyonshi wrote on 2019-02-18 11:19:20:
a daily shuffle option would be great. I'm currently stuck on everything because it's all gathering stuff and a runestone, and high level gathering skills are bad for this. I know there's a bunch of tasks I'd be able to do right away if it would let me.. but as it is I'm stuck for now and only 11 slots in.

yeah, i'm stuck at a similar place to you, i think. and while i can understand why a lot of the beginning options are made so that users with low gathering levels can access it, it leaves those of us with high gathering levels stuck, if only temporarily. it's annoying to know that i could probably unlock ten or more slots right now if only i didn't have to try gathering 15 level 1-pool bugs with my level 40 insect catching. i've been gathering for like three days and haven't seen one. and until the hype settles down, trying to buy them at ridiculous inflation off the AH is worse than pointless.
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
Full support! I live in fear of the day that I get stuck with 4 egg turn-ins. ;__; Eggs are the one item I don’t want to have to give up— I know they’re just pixels, but I hatch every egg I get, so it would pain me to be forced to sacrifice an egg for a den slot. I’ve never even sold an egg before, haha.

Gene scrolls? Sure. Boss familiars? Okay. But not my eggs. I’m happy to complete all other tasks, so being able to shuffle my tasks daily (especially since I keep getting stuck on low-level gatherables and still can’t get any Delicate Bat Wings) would be great.
Full support! I live in fear of the day that I get stuck with 4 egg turn-ins. ;__; Eggs are the one item I don’t want to have to give up— I know they’re just pixels, but I hatch every egg I get, so it would pain me to be forced to sacrifice an egg for a den slot. I’ve never even sold an egg before, haha.

Gene scrolls? Sure. Boss familiars? Okay. But not my eggs. I’m happy to complete all other tasks, so being able to shuffle my tasks daily (especially since I keep getting stuck on low-level gatherables and still can’t get any Delicate Bat Wings) would be great.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Being able to shuffle would also help deflate some items like the bat wings, so I don't see why it couldn't be done!
Being able to shuffle would also help deflate some items like the bat wings, so I don't see why it couldn't be done!
Support; I've unlocked one slot bc the early items are so low level that I'm barely getting any, meanwhile I'm sitting on top of mountains of items for later unlocks according to the lists I've seen, and I'd like to be able to shuffle to unlock ones I already have items for while I work to gather the items for ones I don't have yet.
Support; I've unlocked one slot bc the early items are so low level that I'm barely getting any, meanwhile I'm sitting on top of mountains of items for later unlocks according to the lists I've seen, and I'd like to be able to shuffle to unlock ones I already have items for while I work to gather the items for ones I don't have yet.
unknown.png
Coli Grinding Services
Current goal: ???: ???/??? saved (0/1 obtained)
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2019-02-18 12:51:21" ] Being able to shuffle would also help deflate some items like the bat wings, so I don't see why it couldn't be done! [/quote] that's crossed my mind, too. if you relax the demand on some of those items, they'll deflate again. not that the demand will go away entirely, but it would help if everyone and their brother isn't going after the same items all at once.
Sopheroo wrote on 2019-02-18 12:51:21:

that's crossed my mind, too. if you relax the demand on some of those items, they'll deflate again. not that the demand will go away entirely, but it would help if everyone and their brother isn't going after the same items all at once.
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
Pleeeeease.

One I am stuck with is a Gathering item that I haven't seen in days of Gathering (I got three the night I got the quest to show up and that's it... I think it's been five days since then?), and it's expensive. As in, a set of 15 is over flipping 100 gems. I'd love to be able to shuffle past it and do it later, instead of having it sit there in my quests for days taking up a slot. I could work on it and not have it take up a slot for that long if I could shuffle it and get some easier ones done.

It especially sucks right now, haha. I have that and two genes/one breed change scroll in my quests right now and I haven't been able to progress the past couple of days due to that and the stupid gathering item x.o I'd love to get easier ones done while I save for those, but alas.
Pleeeeease.

One I am stuck with is a Gathering item that I haven't seen in days of Gathering (I got three the night I got the quest to show up and that's it... I think it's been five days since then?), and it's expensive. As in, a set of 15 is over flipping 100 gems. I'd love to be able to shuffle past it and do it later, instead of having it sit there in my quests for days taking up a slot. I could work on it and not have it take up a slot for that long if I could shuffle it and get some easier ones done.

It especially sucks right now, haha. I have that and two genes/one breed change scroll in my quests right now and I haven't been able to progress the past couple of days due to that and the stupid gathering item x.o I'd love to get easier ones done while I save for those, but alas.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I think an optional once-a-day shuffle is fair. As pointed out in the OP, some players simply might not be comfortable with chucking eggs and scrolls into the void--which means at one point, these players could be essentially locked out from expanding.

If not a shuffle, then maybe a once-a-day "move to the back of the line" or "shuffle a single quest" where players can select one task a day they don't want it to do and get one re-draw.
I think an optional once-a-day shuffle is fair. As pointed out in the OP, some players simply might not be comfortable with chucking eggs and scrolls into the void--which means at one point, these players could be essentially locked out from expanding.

If not a shuffle, then maybe a once-a-day "move to the back of the line" or "shuffle a single quest" where players can select one task a day they don't want it to do and get one re-draw.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I'd like a daily shuffle as well. Currently all of mine are gathering quests, and since I'm high level in all gathering types, getting something like gravel is basically impossible (I think I got one today) and I refuse to buy them. This way, I'd be able to get coli quests, which I can actually work towards, while I try for the gathering ones daily.
I'd like a daily shuffle as well. Currently all of mine are gathering quests, and since I'm high level in all gathering types, getting something like gravel is basically impossible (I think I got one today) and I refuse to buy them. This way, I'd be able to get coli quests, which I can actually work towards, while I try for the gathering ones daily.
jCVhFoZ.gif
might as well give this thread a little refresher in light of the update they dropped a couple days ago.

giving us ten tasks rather than four and making the full list available to anyone has definitely helped. the full list was ofc available on the first day to folks who wander the forums, but this makes it much more accessible for those who don't check the user-made guides.

increasing the "active" tasks to ten definitely helped me get unstuck... for all of like three tasks, then i got stuck again. and i'm finally getting to the egg and gene scroll tasks. i can certainly foresee the day when egg tasks alone will clog up my active tasks.

the fact that difficult or expensive tasks are there is all fine and dandy, but i've barely unlocked a dozen slots and it isn't a nice thought to wonder how many more i'll finish before i am forced to either stop or chuck expensive items into the void.
might as well give this thread a little refresher in light of the update they dropped a couple days ago.

giving us ten tasks rather than four and making the full list available to anyone has definitely helped. the full list was ofc available on the first day to folks who wander the forums, but this makes it much more accessible for those who don't check the user-made guides.

increasing the "active" tasks to ten definitely helped me get unstuck... for all of like three tasks, then i got stuck again. and i'm finally getting to the egg and gene scroll tasks. i can certainly foresee the day when egg tasks alone will clog up my active tasks.

the fact that difficult or expensive tasks are there is all fine and dandy, but i've barely unlocked a dozen slots and it isn't a nice thought to wonder how many more i'll finish before i am forced to either stop or chuck expensive items into the void.
hHEJ356.gif
DPSlXho.png
i still don't know why this isn't a thing :O
imagine being a relatively new player and getting stuck with all the hard tasks right away

like i am wholly aware having Expensive tasks is to make people buy the gem slots, which look cheap in comparison, and if you're a new player who doesn't have a good way of getting gems in game, you're more likely to Buy them.... so in a way i feel like being unable to shuffle slots, and getting stuck with the expensive ones, specifically as a newbie, is a way to get someone to buy the 5000 gems worth of den slots :O
which is ok i guess! but still.. especially with the list of changes they made (!) im surprised they didn't listen to one of the number one problems people have with the den

i guess there's also the chance that the admins don't actually know what the economy is like and think that eggs are easily obtainable and cheap? :O i didnt think about that!
i still don't know why this isn't a thing :O
imagine being a relatively new player and getting stuck with all the hard tasks right away

like i am wholly aware having Expensive tasks is to make people buy the gem slots, which look cheap in comparison, and if you're a new player who doesn't have a good way of getting gems in game, you're more likely to Buy them.... so in a way i feel like being unable to shuffle slots, and getting stuck with the expensive ones, specifically as a newbie, is a way to get someone to buy the 5000 gems worth of den slots :O
which is ok i guess! but still.. especially with the list of changes they made (!) im surprised they didn't listen to one of the number one problems people have with the den

i guess there's also the chance that the admins don't actually know what the economy is like and think that eggs are easily obtainable and cheap? :O i didnt think about that!
1 2 3 4 5