Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shuffle Den slot unlock tasks
1 2 3 4 5
Edit: this was posted before the update that increased the "active" den slot tasks to ten and made the full list available to view. while both those things do make it easier, it does not eliminate the concern that users can get "stuck" on tasks they cannot or will not complete. there are more than ten tasks that are prohibitively difficult or expensive - the egg tasks, the gene scroll tasks, and more. for the sake of posterity i am leaving the original post of this unedited barring this disclaimer.

As things are now, if someone is unable or unwilling to part with the items for the five tasks they are shown for the hibernal den slot unlock tasks, then they are stuck. When the items are readily available and merely time-consuming to obtain - such as low-level gathering items for someone at a high gathering skill level - that is annoying, but it can be dealt with.

However, there are items to be turned in that are rare and/or prohibitively expensive. Every unhatched egg and a number of gene-change scrolls, for instance. For a user like me those are not difficult to get, but I can readily imagine that there are quite a few users who do not have easy access to the Coliseum, making farming for eggs or treasure to buy the scrolls much more difficult.

Besides that, even if these items are possible to obtain, there are plenty of users (myself included) who might not wish to essentially chuck those valuable items into the void. And regardless of whether we cannot or will not fulfill those particular criteria, if or when those "impossible" tasks come to fill up all five of the tasks displayed, we find ourselves stuck and unable to unlock any other slots, even if some of the tasks yet to be revealed we are already eligible to complete.

I am not suggesting a change to the den unlock criteria; I have no particular problem with having some of them a real challenge to obtain. What I propose is that users get the chance to swap around or shuffle what tasks are displayed. Even if the ability to shuffle is limited, it would still be beneficial to those having problems. Nor would it circumvent the need to fulfill all of the tasks if a user wants to unlock all den slots; it merely prevents us from getting prematurely stuck because we do not wish to complete certain tasks.

If users only having access to a certain number of them at a time is truly an important aspect of the slot unlock system, then it seems reasonable to suggest that if a user wants to shuffle their current tasks, it could be a complete randomization of the tasks yet to be completed. Limiting users to the number of times they can shuffle their options per span of time also seems very reasonable. Mechanics like that already exist in the Trading Post with Swipp and Crim, as well, so it's not like this would be something the staff had to code from scratch.

edit: i can remember words i swear
Edit: this was posted before the update that increased the "active" den slot tasks to ten and made the full list available to view. while both those things do make it easier, it does not eliminate the concern that users can get "stuck" on tasks they cannot or will not complete. there are more than ten tasks that are prohibitively difficult or expensive - the egg tasks, the gene scroll tasks, and more. for the sake of posterity i am leaving the original post of this unedited barring this disclaimer.

As things are now, if someone is unable or unwilling to part with the items for the five tasks they are shown for the hibernal den slot unlock tasks, then they are stuck. When the items are readily available and merely time-consuming to obtain - such as low-level gathering items for someone at a high gathering skill level - that is annoying, but it can be dealt with.

However, there are items to be turned in that are rare and/or prohibitively expensive. Every unhatched egg and a number of gene-change scrolls, for instance. For a user like me those are not difficult to get, but I can readily imagine that there are quite a few users who do not have easy access to the Coliseum, making farming for eggs or treasure to buy the scrolls much more difficult.

Besides that, even if these items are possible to obtain, there are plenty of users (myself included) who might not wish to essentially chuck those valuable items into the void. And regardless of whether we cannot or will not fulfill those particular criteria, if or when those "impossible" tasks come to fill up all five of the tasks displayed, we find ourselves stuck and unable to unlock any other slots, even if some of the tasks yet to be revealed we are already eligible to complete.

I am not suggesting a change to the den unlock criteria; I have no particular problem with having some of them a real challenge to obtain. What I propose is that users get the chance to swap around or shuffle what tasks are displayed. Even if the ability to shuffle is limited, it would still be beneficial to those having problems. Nor would it circumvent the need to fulfill all of the tasks if a user wants to unlock all den slots; it merely prevents us from getting prematurely stuck because we do not wish to complete certain tasks.

If users only having access to a certain number of them at a time is truly an important aspect of the slot unlock system, then it seems reasonable to suggest that if a user wants to shuffle their current tasks, it could be a complete randomization of the tasks yet to be completed. Limiting users to the number of times they can shuffle their options per span of time also seems very reasonable. Mechanics like that already exist in the Trading Post with Swipp and Crim, as well, so it's not like this would be something the staff had to code from scratch.

edit: i can remember words i swear
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
id love the option to shuffle it daily :O
I want to shuffle the tasks I have for LATER ones. All I have is low-level gathering stuff and since I'm level 40 in almost everything - it's a pain.

Give me the golem workshop grinding tasks already
I want to shuffle the tasks I have for LATER ones. All I have is low-level gathering stuff and since I'm level 40 in almost everything - it's a pain.

Give me the golem workshop grinding tasks already
I fully support this, it wouldn't be game breaking as far as I can see and benefits people who will inevitably get stuck with egg quests they dont want to complete as you said.
I fully support this, it wouldn't be game breaking as far as I can see and benefits people who will inevitably get stuck with egg quests they dont want to complete as you said.
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifdeity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif
If we could shuffle (or the dream: show all the slots) it would be a tremendous help. I don't plan on unlocking all the slots requiring gene/breed scrolls and eggs so I worry about being locked out earlier than I should be.
If we could shuffle (or the dream: show all the slots) it would be a tremendous help. I don't plan on unlocking all the slots requiring gene/breed scrolls and eggs so I worry about being locked out earlier than I should be.
C5V5o0z.png
[quote name="chespin" date="2019-02-18 10:37:21" ] id love the option to shuffle it daily :O [/quote] +1
chespin wrote on 2019-02-18 10:37:21:
+1
Yes, the idea of a daily shuffle would be nice!
I am stuck on 4 egg quests right now and that's.. rough, to put it mildly. I'd love the option to either push a quest back or shuffle them around once or twice a day.
I am stuck on 4 egg quests right now and that's.. rough, to put it mildly. I'd love the option to either push a quest back or shuffle them around once or twice a day.
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
[quote name="Phenri" date="2019-02-18 11:09:17" ] Yes, the idea of a daily shuffle would be nice! I am stuck on 4 egg quests right now and that's.. rough, to put it mildly. I'd love the option to either push a quest back or shuffle them around once or twice a day. [/quote] that's what i'm dreading, personally. any eggs i get i generally sell, so having to yeet an egg into the black hole of the den unlock menu is like flushing 2-300g. or 4-6 den gem slots, too, not to put too fine a point on it. as annoying as some of these tasks are, i actually am pretty all right with having them - if somebody really wants all 405 slots, they should have to work for it. but i'm not enough of a completionist to want to dump several kg into the void for a few extra spaces i probably won't use.
Phenri wrote on 2019-02-18 11:09:17:

that's what i'm dreading, personally. any eggs i get i generally sell, so having to yeet an egg into the black hole of the den unlock menu is like flushing 2-300g. or 4-6 den gem slots, too, not to put too fine a point on it. as annoying as some of these tasks are, i actually am pretty all right with having them - if somebody really wants all 405 slots, they should have to work for it. but i'm not enough of a completionist to want to dump several kg into the void for a few extra spaces i probably won't use.
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
[quote name="Nelson" date="2019-02-18 11:14:09" ] [quote name="Phenri" date="2019-02-18 11:09:17" ] Yes, the idea of a daily shuffle would be nice! I am stuck on 4 egg quests right now and that's.. rough, to put it mildly. I'd love the option to either push a quest back or shuffle them around once or twice a day. [/quote] that's what i'm dreading, personally. any eggs i get i generally sell, so having to yeet an egg into the black hole of the den unlock menu is like flushing 2-300g. or 4-6 den gem slots, too, not to put too fine a point on it. as annoying as some of these tasks are, i actually am pretty all right with having them - if somebody really wants all 405 slots, they should have to work for it. but i'm not enough of a completionist to want to dump several kg into the void for a few extra spaces i probably won't use. [/quote] I deffinetly don't mind putting work into getting the den unlocked and I'll probably use a lot of it for fodder since I either flip fodder a lot or level/exalt for cash. So it would probably be worth it for me, it's just.. sad in a way to sit here and glare at 4 grey egg-icons x)
Nelson wrote on 2019-02-18 11:14:09:
Phenri wrote on 2019-02-18 11:09:17:

that's what i'm dreading, personally. any eggs i get i generally sell, so having to yeet an egg into the black hole of the den unlock menu is like flushing 2-300g. or 4-6 den gem slots, too, not to put too fine a point on it. as annoying as some of these tasks are, i actually am pretty all right with having them - if somebody really wants all 405 slots, they should have to work for it. but i'm not enough of a completionist to want to dump several kg into the void for a few extra spaces i probably won't use.

I deffinetly don't mind putting work into getting the den unlocked and I'll probably use a lot of it for fodder since I either flip fodder a lot or level/exalt for cash. So it would probably be worth it for me, it's just.. sad in a way to sit here and glare at 4 grey egg-icons x)
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
a daily shuffle option would be great. I'm currently stuck on everything because it's all gathering stuff and a runestone, and high level gathering skills are bad for this. I know there's a bunch of tasks I'd be able to do right away if it would let me.. but as it is I'm stuck for now and only 11 slots in.
a daily shuffle option would be great. I'm currently stuck on everything because it's all gathering stuff and a runestone, and high level gathering skills are bad for this. I know there's a bunch of tasks I'd be able to do right away if it would let me.. but as it is I'm stuck for now and only 11 slots in.
iXNOttm.gif
1 2 3 4 5