Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Sug.] Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 126 127
@Fayd it's always fun trying to blend two similar ideas together. But they do really need to do something to make exalting more interesting.

Other Boon Ideas:
-Aura - An apparel item that gives a dragon a glow around them (color could be element color or a few shades brighter or darker than their primary color; I'm not sure which would look best)
-Items that would tie in with the upcoming adventure feature (if there are different areas to explore, perhaps maps to unlock new areas for example)
-Gift of Life - This would return a rotted egg back to health; however it would not work on an egg that rotted because of another item.
-Raw Magic - Used on an egg; it may cause the egg to become another random element (it can be used on unhatched eggs or on an egg in a nest)
@Fayd it's always fun trying to blend two similar ideas together. But they do really need to do something to make exalting more interesting.

Other Boon Ideas:
-Aura - An apparel item that gives a dragon a glow around them (color could be element color or a few shades brighter or darker than their primary color; I'm not sure which would look best)
-Items that would tie in with the upcoming adventure feature (if there are different areas to explore, perhaps maps to unlock new areas for example)
-Gift of Life - This would return a rotted egg back to health; however it would not work on an egg that rotted because of another item.
-Raw Magic - Used on an egg; it may cause the egg to become another random element (it can be used on unhatched eggs or on an egg in a nest)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@DragonSage Those are some good ideas for boons! I'm formulating some things based on your suggestions and will post them in the OP. I'll make sure to give you proper credit, as that's only fair.
@DragonSage Those are some good ideas for boons! I'm formulating some things based on your suggestions and will post them in the OP. I'll make sure to give you proper credit, as that's only fair.
Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
The ******* Links are correct. There's a bug preventing direct Forum URLs.
@Fayd I'm looking forward to see what you come up with. If I can come up with any more boons I'll post them too.
@Fayd I'm looking forward to see what you come up with. If I can come up with any more boons I'll post them too.
@DragonSage I've had time to consider it, and let me lay out the next subsystem. If it meets with approval I will edit into the original post.

Grace and Sacraments
A clan earns Grace with every dragon exalted, as well as some per day while your Flight is Dominant. All grace earned to date is also recorded under something called Eminence (or the like) and helps determine what boons you are likely to get when praying at the Temple. Grace can be used with the Temple's High Priest to perform Sacraments (A definition of the word sacrament is "grace made physical" so it is quite applicable). These Sacraments vary in price and availability. Some are really expensive, some are not. Some are only available when your flight is Dominant and your Dragongod is overflowing with power. Some example Sacraments are listed below:
  • Blessing of the Seeker: Bonus gathering attempts for 1 week.
  • Boon of Fertility
  • Other applicable things that were under Boons
  • Skins and genes unique to the Flight.
  • Blessing of Battle: Increases dragon's stats by X
  • Anointment of Health: The Dragon's next clutch of eggs cannot rot.
  • Another Nest (only obtainable a certain number of times)
  • Attunement: This is a complex ritual, and only able to be performed for extremely high Grace and during the time your flight is Dominant. It links with my Attuned Dragon Breed idea; essentially, a selected dragon is Attuned to the force of your element, changing appearance (breed) to more closely match that of your dragongod. (The breed would be difficult to make as there would be 24 forms (one for each Flight and 2 undifferentiated babies) that would have to be colored and gened (though genes for them could come later). This powerful ritual binds the dragon to your clan and it then can never leave except by Exaltation (but why would you want to). The breed is considered very rare (on the level or more rare than wildclaws). Baby attuned dragons, if hatched in your clan however could be sold.

I also like some of your boon ideas. I'll work them into the main post as well, but unfortunately I am running slightly low on time.
@DragonSage I've had time to consider it, and let me lay out the next subsystem. If it meets with approval I will edit into the original post.

Grace and Sacraments
A clan earns Grace with every dragon exalted, as well as some per day while your Flight is Dominant. All grace earned to date is also recorded under something called Eminence (or the like) and helps determine what boons you are likely to get when praying at the Temple. Grace can be used with the Temple's High Priest to perform Sacraments (A definition of the word sacrament is "grace made physical" so it is quite applicable). These Sacraments vary in price and availability. Some are really expensive, some are not. Some are only available when your flight is Dominant and your Dragongod is overflowing with power. Some example Sacraments are listed below:
  • Blessing of the Seeker: Bonus gathering attempts for 1 week.
  • Boon of Fertility
  • Other applicable things that were under Boons
  • Skins and genes unique to the Flight.
  • Blessing of Battle: Increases dragon's stats by X
  • Anointment of Health: The Dragon's next clutch of eggs cannot rot.
  • Another Nest (only obtainable a certain number of times)
  • Attunement: This is a complex ritual, and only able to be performed for extremely high Grace and during the time your flight is Dominant. It links with my Attuned Dragon Breed idea; essentially, a selected dragon is Attuned to the force of your element, changing appearance (breed) to more closely match that of your dragongod. (The breed would be difficult to make as there would be 24 forms (one for each Flight and 2 undifferentiated babies) that would have to be colored and gened (though genes for them could come later). This powerful ritual binds the dragon to your clan and it then can never leave except by Exaltation (but why would you want to). The breed is considered very rare (on the level or more rare than wildclaws). Baby attuned dragons, if hatched in your clan however could be sold.

I also like some of your boon ideas. I'll work them into the main post as well, but unfortunately I am running slightly low on time.
@Fayd that sounds great; I approve.
@Fayd that sounds great; I approve.
@DragonSage All right, I will edit that into the main post as well as post more boons
@DragonSage All right, I will edit that into the main post as well as post more boons
Wow these are all super cool ideas...
Wow these are all super cool ideas...
furry_fiddle.png
I love this idea! All the support!
I love this idea! All the support!
kHt8Jx6.png3Mq5UfO.pngDZgFBeP.png
I love this suggestion <&#039;3
The temple thing and everything around it. It makes exalting dragons important!
I support this suggestion!
I love this suggestion <&#039;3
The temple thing and everything around it. It makes exalting dragons important!
I support this suggestion!
This is a FANTASTIC idea. I really hope the devs will at least consider it.
This is a FANTASTIC idea. I really hope the devs will at least consider it.
tumblr_inline_nk71b0gf1I1qg2i5p.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 126 127