Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Sug.] Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 126 127
@Fayd I had a similar idea I was about to post when I noticed this thread. My idea was to introduce Glory points which would essentially allow you to choose your reward. You could get a few Glory points (5 or 10) whenever your Flight Dominates, and you can also get Glory points based upon the level of the dragon exalted. You could then trade them in for rewards.

A scale for GP:
  • Level 1-5 would get you 1x Level
  • Level 6-10 would get you 2x Level
  • Level 11-15 would get you 3x Level
  • Level 16-20 would get you 4x Level
  • Level 21-25 would get you 5x Level

Reward Ideas
  • +5 Gather turns per day for period of time
  • Glory Apparel Chest (contains an outfit that would fit the theme of a servant of the deity)
  • Unlock a new area in the trading post The Armory which would work similar to Swipp in that you trade in things, but the rewards you’d get would be special stones or apparel that gives stats boosts; essentially -items to outfit you for the Coliseum.
  • Buy a new dragon slot in your lair (that would not count towards your lair limit)
  • The most expensive item could be a new breed scroll. The breed would be the same regardless of what flight you are in and its rarity would be on the same level as the Wildclaw. [If using the scale I suggested I'd recommend perhaps 3,000 GP which would be the equivalent of exalting twenty-four level 25 dragons]

This idea could work along side the temple idea. You get your weekly Boon and you can trade your GP in at the temple. Perhaps you could also buy an additional Boon with GP. Or if people think they are too similar, perhaps some of the GP rewards could be reused as Boons?
@Fayd I had a similar idea I was about to post when I noticed this thread. My idea was to introduce Glory points which would essentially allow you to choose your reward. You could get a few Glory points (5 or 10) whenever your Flight Dominates, and you can also get Glory points based upon the level of the dragon exalted. You could then trade them in for rewards.

A scale for GP:
  • Level 1-5 would get you 1x Level
  • Level 6-10 would get you 2x Level
  • Level 11-15 would get you 3x Level
  • Level 16-20 would get you 4x Level
  • Level 21-25 would get you 5x Level

Reward Ideas
  • +5 Gather turns per day for period of time
  • Glory Apparel Chest (contains an outfit that would fit the theme of a servant of the deity)
  • Unlock a new area in the trading post The Armory which would work similar to Swipp in that you trade in things, but the rewards you’d get would be special stones or apparel that gives stats boosts; essentially -items to outfit you for the Coliseum.
  • Buy a new dragon slot in your lair (that would not count towards your lair limit)
  • The most expensive item could be a new breed scroll. The breed would be the same regardless of what flight you are in and its rarity would be on the same level as the Wildclaw. [If using the scale I suggested I'd recommend perhaps 3,000 GP which would be the equivalent of exalting twenty-four level 25 dragons]

This idea could work along side the temple idea. You get your weekly Boon and you can trade your GP in at the temple. Perhaps you could also buy an additional Boon with GP. Or if people think they are too similar, perhaps some of the GP rewards could be reused as Boons?
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I support this idea with great enthusiasm. This is a brilliant way to encourage Exalting, as well as giving us a closer connection to our various Gods/Goddesses. Yesgood.
I support this idea with great enthusiasm. This is a brilliant way to encourage Exalting, as well as giving us a closer connection to our various Gods/Goddesses. Yesgood.
So much support. This wouldn't be implemented or attempted in the near future, but it's a great idea for later on. The admins should entertain this idea in the future.
So much support. This wouldn't be implemented or attempted in the near future, but it's a great idea for later on. The admins should entertain this idea in the future.
newsignature_by_zelanthair-d7hardd.png
Oh as a possible Boon, if the boon is requested during the Diety's festival perhaps you get some holiday currency or one of the skins?
Oh as a possible Boon, if the boon is requested during the Diety's festival perhaps you get some holiday currency or one of the skins?
I actually ADORE the temple idea, holy crap. That seems like it would be something absolutely amazing to see, and it definitely WOULD give the feel of your exalting actually DOING something rather than just deleting dragons.

Definitely supporting!
I actually ADORE the temple idea, holy crap. That seems like it would be something absolutely amazing to see, and it definitely WOULD give the feel of your exalting actually DOING something rather than just deleting dragons.

Definitely supporting!
I do like this idea very much.
I do like this idea very much.
lightflight_banner_zps69a6bf1c.jpg
@DragonSage

The Glory concept is one that I don't favor; for the most part I don't think someone should be able to CHOOSE their reward from their deity. Flavor wise, it isn't as great a fit. However, it is not illogical, and has a lot of good points to it. Perhaps a hybrid concept? Your boons could contain Temple Currency items (similar to Event Currency, and which of course varies by the Deity... the Stormcatcher would have captive storms, the Lightweaver would have light-fabric, and so on), and you could trade them at the Trading Post (because trading it where you get them is just silly) for interesting and fun rewards!

...and perhaps this Trading Ground shop is only available to the flight that is Dominant that week, or only accepts THEIR Temple Currency items...
@DragonSage

The Glory concept is one that I don't favor; for the most part I don't think someone should be able to CHOOSE their reward from their deity. Flavor wise, it isn't as great a fit. However, it is not illogical, and has a lot of good points to it. Perhaps a hybrid concept? Your boons could contain Temple Currency items (similar to Event Currency, and which of course varies by the Deity... the Stormcatcher would have captive storms, the Lightweaver would have light-fabric, and so on), and you could trade them at the Trading Post (because trading it where you get them is just silly) for interesting and fun rewards!

...and perhaps this Trading Ground shop is only available to the flight that is Dominant that week, or only accepts THEIR Temple Currency items...
Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
The ******* Links are correct. There's a bug preventing direct Forum URLs.
@Fayd; The glory concept will probably appeal more to those who don't like to gamble and since it isn't luck based it gives a goal to work towards (If I exalt X I can get Y). If flavor wise you don't want to trade them in at the temple due to the logic of choosing the reward from the deity there could perhaps be a NPC Glimmerscales the Glory-Seeker who will give you rewards in exchange for the Glory points.

I think this would be better than a Temple Currency because a Temple Currency sounds like it could be traded between players and might encourage people to buy them rather than earn them [selling of the rewards wouldn't matter as much since only two of the ones I suggested would be capable of being sold]
@Fayd; The glory concept will probably appeal more to those who don't like to gamble and since it isn't luck based it gives a goal to work towards (If I exalt X I can get Y). If flavor wise you don't want to trade them in at the temple due to the logic of choosing the reward from the deity there could perhaps be a NPC Glimmerscales the Glory-Seeker who will give you rewards in exchange for the Glory points.

I think this would be better than a Temple Currency because a Temple Currency sounds like it could be traded between players and might encourage people to buy them rather than earn them [selling of the rewards wouldn't matter as much since only two of the ones I suggested would be capable of being sold]
This would really alleviate the storymode/lore issues I have with Exalting, as well as providing a better reward system in terms of game mechanics.

Huge support.
This would really alleviate the storymode/lore issues I have with Exalting, as well as providing a better reward system in terms of game mechanics.

Huge support.
MuwAAse.png
@DragonSage Your arguments are compelling. I will have to give them some thought. I wold be fine trading Glory (a fuzzy intangible concept) at the Temple over trading items obtained at the Temple... at the Temple. But I need to give your idea some careful thought before I integrate it into the full concept. As I said, your arguments are persuasive and compelling.
@DragonSage Your arguments are compelling. I will have to give them some thought. I wold be fine trading Glory (a fuzzy intangible concept) at the Temple over trading items obtained at the Temple... at the Temple. But I need to give your idea some careful thought before I integrate it into the full concept. As I said, your arguments are persuasive and compelling.
Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
The ******* Links are correct. There's a bug preventing direct Forum URLs.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 126 127