Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Naming upon hatching is required
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
[quote name="JonTargaryen" date="2018-12-22 20:17:18" ] [quote name="Ekon" date="2018-12-22 12:28:06" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-12-22 12:24:57" ] [quote name="Valemora" date="2018-12-22 12:23:17" ] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=552848] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5529/552848_350.png[/img] [/url] Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling. [/quote] Is it me, or does the Unnamed one get more malevolent looking the more he is posted to these types of threads.... (I don't remember him looking this scary) [/quote] So I'm not the only one seeing this. XD Interesting [/quote] It's not just you. *dies* I <3 the Unnamed one. [/quote] The Unnamed One does not love anyone, but your sentiment is nevertheless appreciated. (I swear I haven't changed anything in him XD)
JonTargaryen wrote on 2018-12-22 20:17:18:
Ekon wrote on 2018-12-22 12:28:06:
Jemadar wrote on 2018-12-22 12:24:57:
Valemora wrote on 2018-12-22 12:23:17:

552848_350.png

Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling.
Is it me, or does the Unnamed one get more malevolent looking the more he is posted to these types of threads.... (I don't remember him looking this scary)

So I'm not the only one seeing this. XD Interesting

It's not just you. *dies*

I <3 the Unnamed one.
The Unnamed One does not love anyone, but your sentiment is nevertheless appreciated.

(I swear I haven't changed anything in him XD)
No support.

My Dragon, my rules.
If you are selling a dragon and it ends up as fodder, brah, name it yourself. If that person who buys it is unhappy with the name, they have to buy a rename scroll, 'cause its thier problem then not yours.

It can take a few month for me to find a name for a perma dragon, fodder gets named "Treat" because Icewarden deserves many "Treat"s u_u

Unnamed is a valid name.
No support.

My Dragon, my rules.
If you are selling a dragon and it ends up as fodder, brah, name it yourself. If that person who buys it is unhappy with the name, they have to buy a rename scroll, 'cause its thier problem then not yours.

It can take a few month for me to find a name for a perma dragon, fodder gets named "Treat" because Icewarden deserves many "Treat"s u_u

Unnamed is a valid name.
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

if this gets implemented i will lowkay name every hatchling 'unnamed' until i come up with a decent name
if this gets implemented i will lowkay name every hatchling 'unnamed' until i come up with a decent name
ttGfSL1.png
My Unnamed boy would like to disagree, he doesn't need a name [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37761507] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/377616/37761507_350.png[/img] [/url] I think everyone here already said everything, but anyhow This is for sure up on my list of most rude and entitled suggestions I ever seen Not only you think the offsprings (that you've sold) of dragons sitting in you lair are still yours, [i]but any dragon in their lineage as well?[/i] That's hysterical Especially since, as you said yourself, almost all dragons are related at this point in time. Oh, and just to be petty, look at [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=314753&did=246255]this girl[/url]'s offspring list. Also [quote name="JonTargaryen" date="2018-12-22 20:14:50" ] [...] PS "gender-corresponding" is just a little transphobic, if I have a male pose Ridgeback who's female-gendered in my lore that I name Mary, I shouldn't be forced to name her Bob. [/quote] That part of the suggestion is what irked me the most If I want to name, say, my male snapper Jenny, I'm going to
My Unnamed boy would like to disagree, he doesn't need a name

37761507_350.png

I think everyone here already said everything, but anyhow
This is for sure up on my list of most rude and entitled suggestions I ever seen

Not only you think the offsprings (that you've sold) of dragons sitting in you lair are still yours, but any dragon in their lineage as well?
That's hysterical
Especially since, as you said yourself, almost all dragons are related at this point in time.

Oh, and just to be petty, look at this girl's offspring list.

Also
JonTargaryen wrote on 2018-12-22 20:14:50:
[...]

PS "gender-corresponding" is just a little transphobic, if I have a male pose Ridgeback who's female-gendered in my lore that I name Mary, I shouldn't be forced to name her Bob.

That part of the suggestion is what irked me the most
If I want to name, say, my male snapper Jenny, I'm going to
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
[quote name="PurpleBubble" date="2018-12-22 06:25:24"] But your dragons are basically temporary. They aren't just yours. [/quote] Uhh, yeah they are. I get what you mean that my dragons could potentially interact with someone somewhere out there in the world one day maybe, but that sure as hell doesn't mean my dragons aren't mine. [quote name="PurpleBubble" date="2018-12-22 06:25:24"] Scrolls of renaming are a hassle to get when you bought a gorgeous dragon and its name is unnamed one [/quote] Ok so people should be forced to name their dragons... but only if the name is one [b]you[/b] approve of? Wouldn't it just be better to [b]not[/b] have dragons forced to be named so you don't have to worry about having to buy a renaming scroll 'cause the name isn't to your taste? [quote name="PurpleBubble" date="2018-12-22 06:25:24"] Giving a dragon a name using the generator takes five seconds. Giving them a gender corresponding name takes fifteen at most, and really affects everyone. [/quote] What gender then would the name "Feet" correspond to? Or is that a name you deem unworthy, o' wise one of naming? Personally, I don't care much for generic human names on dragons, but those are the most obvious "gender corresponding" ones, so should we stick mostly to those...? Mostly, I'm just confused as to how you think this could even be implemented since most of this suggestion is just stuff you wish other people would do because you said so. If you really want full control over your dragon's lineage, I would suggest collecting G1s and then that's the majority of your problems solved.
PurpleBubble wrote on 2018-12-22 06:25:24:
But your dragons are basically temporary. They aren't just yours.
Uhh, yeah they are. I get what you mean that my dragons could potentially interact with someone somewhere out there in the world one day maybe, but that sure as hell doesn't mean my dragons aren't mine.

Scrolls of renaming are a hassle to get when you bought a gorgeous dragon and its name is unnamed one
Ok so people should be forced to name their dragons... but only if the name is one you approve of? Wouldn't it just be better to not have dragons forced to be named so you don't have to worry about having to buy a renaming scroll 'cause the name isn't to your taste?

Giving a dragon a name using the generator takes five seconds. Giving them a gender corresponding name takes fifteen at most, and really affects everyone.
What gender then would the name "Feet" correspond to? Or is that a name you deem unworthy, o' wise one of naming? Personally, I don't care much for generic human names on dragons, but those are the most obvious "gender corresponding" ones, so should we stick mostly to those...?

Mostly, I'm just confused as to how you think this could even be implemented since most of this suggestion is just stuff you wish other people would do because you said so. If you really want full control over your dragon's lineage, I would suggest collecting G1s and then that's the majority of your problems solved.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
I don't support naming upon hatching, but I support naming being mandatory if you want to sell a dragon, so crossroads/auction house
I don't support naming upon hatching, but I support naming being mandatory if you want to sell a dragon, so crossroads/auction house
No support.

Sometimes I'm on mobile when hatching a nest or even eggs from my hoard. I don't want the page to be unnecessarily be bigger that it needs to be. Plus I don't want to get forced to name dragon.

It's already annoying enough that I have to name a fodder dragon when I want to train them to exalt them. I never understood why it's set like this.
No support.

Sometimes I'm on mobile when hatching a nest or even eggs from my hoard. I don't want the page to be unnecessarily be bigger that it needs to be. Plus I don't want to get forced to name dragon.

It's already annoying enough that I have to name a fodder dragon when I want to train them to exalt them. I never understood why it's set like this.
TOPbanner_TRENCH_V3.jpg
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-12-23 12:29:32" ] I don't support naming upon hatching, but I support naming being mandatory if you want to sell a dragon, so crossroads/auction house [/quote] Even that would only be 'good' if we could name dragons Unnamed. Otherwise there would be no way to buy unnamed dragons with the right colors or unrelated unnameds for breeding project parents.
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-12-23 12:29:32:

Even that would only be 'good' if we could name dragons Unnamed. Otherwise there would be no way to buy unnamed dragons with the right colors or unrelated unnameds for breeding project parents.
[quote name="Ekon" date="2018-12-23 12:45:24" ] [quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-12-23 12:29:32" ] I don't support naming upon hatching, but I support naming being mandatory if you want to sell a dragon, so crossroads/auction house [/quote] Even that would only be 'good' if we could name dragons Unnamed. Otherwise there would be no way to buy unnamed dragons with the right colors or unrelated unnameds for breeding project parents. [/quote] Then, allow Unnamed in Crossroads, but don't in the auction house.
Ekon wrote on 2018-12-23 12:45:24:
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-12-23 12:29:32:

Even that would only be 'good' if we could name dragons Unnamed. Otherwise there would be no way to buy unnamed dragons with the right colors or unrelated unnameds for breeding project parents.
Then, allow Unnamed in Crossroads, but don't in the auction house.
[quote name="PurpleBubble" date="2018-12-22 06:25:24" ], it gets really annoying when there are 4 million unnamed dragons.[/quote] What a strange thing to be annoyed about.
, it gets really annoying when there are 4 million unnamed dragons.

What a strange thing to be annoyed about.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15