Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Naming upon hatching is required
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
I don't think I've ever seen "But your dragons are basically temporary. They aren't just yours" argument for this topic before. That's like saying my house is only temporarily mine. I'm not allowed to renovate it or change the outdoor landscaping because I'll eventually sell it one day and the buyer may not like my design choices.

I usually hatch nests on my phone first thing as I'm excited to see what babies I got, then I deal with them (decide if I'm keeping them, naming, etc.) when I get on my computer later, and it sometimes takes me ages to think of a good name for dragons I know I'm keeping for awhile. It's not very enjoyable if I have to name a dragon right away just on the off chance I'll sell it. I don't often sell my own dragons' offspring, as I usually exalt project fails myself, so the chance of me selling is actually really low.

You kind of lost me on the Renaming Scroll part, but I've never had an issue buying them for cheap in the Auction House when I need them (there's 10+ pages of them right now). If a dragon suits my needs, I don't care if it's named already or not.

I should be allowed to name my dragons when I'm ready and exalt them unnamed if I want to.
I don't think I've ever seen "But your dragons are basically temporary. They aren't just yours" argument for this topic before. That's like saying my house is only temporarily mine. I'm not allowed to renovate it or change the outdoor landscaping because I'll eventually sell it one day and the buyer may not like my design choices.

I usually hatch nests on my phone first thing as I'm excited to see what babies I got, then I deal with them (decide if I'm keeping them, naming, etc.) when I get on my computer later, and it sometimes takes me ages to think of a good name for dragons I know I'm keeping for awhile. It's not very enjoyable if I have to name a dragon right away just on the off chance I'll sell it. I don't often sell my own dragons' offspring, as I usually exalt project fails myself, so the chance of me selling is actually really low.

You kind of lost me on the Renaming Scroll part, but I've never had an issue buying them for cheap in the Auction House when I need them (there's 10+ pages of them right now). If a dragon suits my needs, I don't care if it's named already or not.

I should be allowed to name my dragons when I'm ready and exalt them unnamed if I want to.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=552848] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5529/552848_350.png[/img] [/url] Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling.

552848_350.png

Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling.
Nah, if it's not "that hard" to name a dragon, just name it yourself.

Name before selling if it bothers you :D
Nah, if it's not "that hard" to name a dragon, just name it yourself.

Name before selling if it bothers you :D
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
[quote name="Valemora" date="2018-12-22 12:23:17" ] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=552848] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5529/552848_350.png[/img] [/url] Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling. [/quote] Is it me, or does the Unnamed one get more malevolent looking the more he is posted to these types of threads.... (I don't remember him looking this scary)
Valemora wrote on 2018-12-22 12:23:17:

552848_350.png

Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling.
Is it me, or does the Unnamed one get more malevolent looking the more he is posted to these types of threads.... (I don't remember him looking this scary)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Naming rights belong to the owner of the dragon and no one else. If the owner want to leave their dragon Unnamed that is absolutely their choice and former owners (or people with tenuous connections through lineages) have no place making demands.

Sellers/breeders have no rights to a dragon after it leaves their lair. None.

Personally, I don't want to have to name until I'm ready. Sometimes I'm never going to be ready, sometimes I like Unnamed better, and when it comes to my dragons I'm the only one that gets to make that call..
Naming rights belong to the owner of the dragon and no one else. If the owner want to leave their dragon Unnamed that is absolutely their choice and former owners (or people with tenuous connections through lineages) have no place making demands.

Sellers/breeders have no rights to a dragon after it leaves their lair. None.

Personally, I don't want to have to name until I'm ready. Sometimes I'm never going to be ready, sometimes I like Unnamed better, and when it comes to my dragons I'm the only one that gets to make that call..
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-12-22 12:24:57" ] [quote name="Valemora" date="2018-12-22 12:23:17" ] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=552848] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5529/552848_350.png[/img] [/url] Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling. [/quote] Is it me, or does the Unnamed one get more malevolent looking the more he is posted to these types of threads.... (I don't remember him looking this scary) [/quote] So I'm not the only one seeing this. XD Interesting
Jemadar wrote on 2018-12-22 12:24:57:

552848_350.png

Is it me, or does the Unnamed one get more malevolent looking the more he is posted to these types of threads.... (I don't remember him looking this scary)

So I'm not the only one seeing this. XD Interesting
[quote name="Ekon" date="2018-12-22 12:28:06" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-12-22 12:24:57" ] [quote name="Valemora" date="2018-12-22 12:23:17" ] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=552848] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5529/552848_350.png[/img] [/url] Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling. [/quote] Is it me, or does the Unnamed one get more malevolent looking the more he is posted to these types of threads.... (I don't remember him looking this scary) [/quote] So I'm not the only one seeing this. XD Interesting [/quote] Yeah, I thought I was seeing things, but if it isn't just me... The main thing I object to about this thread is the idea that dragons that I breed, buy, or hatch do not belong to me, because I *might* one day sell them. That isn't how things work. What I own, I own until I actually sell it and it leaves my possession. It doesn't matter whether or not I might sell part or all of it (ie the dragon itself or its offspring), it belongs to me until I sell it. For players who cannot stand unnamed showing up aNYWHERE in their lineages, I suggest simply do not trace lineages backwards or forewards and make sure to name all dragons in your lair.
Ekon wrote on 2018-12-22 12:28:06:

552848_350.png

Yeah, I thought I was seeing things, but if it isn't just me...

The main thing I object to about this thread is the idea that dragons that I breed, buy, or hatch do not belong to me, because I *might* one day sell them. That isn't how things work. What I own, I own until I actually sell it and it leaves my possession. It doesn't matter whether or not I might sell part or all of it (ie the dragon itself or its offspring), it belongs to me until I sell it.

For players who cannot stand unnamed showing up aNYWHERE in their lineages, I suggest simply do not trace lineages backwards or forewards and make sure to name all dragons in your lair.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Ekon" date="2018-12-22 12:28:06" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-12-22 12:24:57" ] [quote name="Valemora" date="2018-12-22 12:23:17" ] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=552848] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5529/552848_350.png[/img] [/url] Once again The Unnamed One asks to leave his family as is and suggests naming before selling. [/quote] Is it me, or does the Unnamed one get more malevolent looking the more he is posted to these types of threads.... (I don't remember him looking this scary) [/quote] So I'm not the only one seeing this. XD Interesting [/quote] He feeds on the anger of those supporting his plight.
Ekon wrote on 2018-12-22 12:28:06:

552848_350.png

He feeds on the anger of those supporting his plight.
What is a gender? Can dragons eat a gender?
What is a gender? Can dragons eat a gender?
l4nx5pb_by_kamooi-dci3zyn.gifu7mvgvx_by_kamooi-dci3zxy.giftthdias_by_kamooi-dci3zy3.gifcyrsonb_by_kamooi-dci3zz4.gif
What even is this suggesting? A function that forces you to name dragons when they hatch? Cause that's ridiculous. I know I take a long time to name dragons and I'd rather not be forced to give them a name, even if it's temporary. And though it's simple I also don't want to have to pay for a renaming scroll when I do choose a name.
What even is this suggesting? A function that forces you to name dragons when they hatch? Cause that's ridiculous. I know I take a long time to name dragons and I'd rather not be forced to give them a name, even if it's temporary. And though it's simple I also don't want to have to pay for a renaming scroll when I do choose a name.
IMG_8704.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15