Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Naming upon hatching is required
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
[quote name="PurpleBubble" date="2018-12-22 06:25:24" ] They aren't just yours. [/quote] How exactly aren't my dragons mine? If you actually care about this are aren't just wanting to demand things from other people, name your own dragons. It's none of your business whether my dragons have names or not and you can actually solve your own problem. You might want to familiarize yourself with the site's stance on dragon ownership and what it means. [quote=Aequorin]Once you have given away, traded, or sold a dragon from your lair, it is no longer under your ownership; it belongs to the new owner and they are free to do as they wish with the dragon. No exceptions.[/quote] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1861078]source[/url]
PurpleBubble wrote on 2018-12-22 06:25:24:
They aren't just yours.

How exactly aren't my dragons mine? If you actually care about this are aren't just wanting to demand things from other people, name your own dragons. It's none of your business whether my dragons have names or not and you can actually solve your own problem.

You might want to familiarize yourself with the site's stance on dragon ownership and what it means.
Aequorin wrote:
Once you have given away, traded, or sold a dragon from your lair, it is no longer under your ownership; it belongs to the new owner and they are free to do as they wish with the dragon. No exceptions.
source
No support. It takes me months to come up with a good name for my permas, and I don't want an ugly placeholder name in the meantime. After all " Scrolls of renaming are a hassle" as the OP said.

PS: The whole Unnamed thing is a hot topic, seeing as you don't have many posts, the forum search can help you avoid hot topics in the future.
No support. It takes me months to come up with a good name for my permas, and I don't want an ugly placeholder name in the meantime. After all " Scrolls of renaming are a hassle" as the OP said.

PS: The whole Unnamed thing is a hot topic, seeing as you don't have many posts, the forum search can help you avoid hot topics in the future.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
no. Naming is a choice, if I want to exalt hatchlings unnamed, I’ll do just that. I don’t want some stupid requirement telling me I need to name my hatchlings because they are mine, not yours
no. Naming is a choice, if I want to exalt hatchlings unnamed, I’ll do just that. I don’t want some stupid requirement telling me I need to name my hatchlings because they are mine, not yours
Bottled Embers Vial of Mysterious Toxin
heather | 16 | she-her | pisces
wishlist | about me | dragon projects
please read this before messaging me
whats "gender corresponding" mean lol
[quote name="chespin" date="2018-12-22 08:05:52" ] whats "gender corresponding" mean lol [/quote] They are probably from a region where given names NEED to indicate the gender/sex of a person. It can mess you up a lot if your gender doesn't align with your sex though. not that ones parent would have known since naming right after birth is a thing in most (western) cultures.
chespin wrote on 2018-12-22 08:05:52:

They are probably from a region where given names NEED to indicate the gender/sex of a person. It can mess you up a lot if your gender doesn't align with your sex though. not that ones parent would have known since naming right after birth is a thing in most (western) cultures.
Naming your dragons before you sell them will fix this problem! Also, you don’t need renaming scrolls to name Unnamed dragons- that’s totally free. You need renaming scrolls to rename already-named dragons (ie. you buy a dragon named Sam and want to change its name to Max).

No support; people can do whatever they want with their own dragons, and “unnamed” is important to some users’ lore.

?????? at why dragons need “gender-corresponding” names, too, especially since “gender-corresponding” can be subjective when it comes to fantasy-style names.
Naming your dragons before you sell them will fix this problem! Also, you don’t need renaming scrolls to name Unnamed dragons- that’s totally free. You need renaming scrolls to rename already-named dragons (ie. you buy a dragon named Sam and want to change its name to Max).

No support; people can do whatever they want with their own dragons, and “unnamed” is important to some users’ lore.

?????? at why dragons need “gender-corresponding” names, too, especially since “gender-corresponding” can be subjective when it comes to fantasy-style names.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
No support, even tho I'm like known for telling ppl to name their dragons(read broadcast), I think that people should have a choice. There ARE creatures and actual humans in the real world that have gone without names, so dragons can have that too. This would also cancel out the "NAME MY DERG" threads, and I personally like Selling unnamed dragons.
No support, even tho I'm like known for telling ppl to name their dragons(read broadcast), I think that people should have a choice. There ARE creatures and actual humans in the real world that have gone without names, so dragons can have that too. This would also cancel out the "NAME MY DERG" threads, and I personally like Selling unnamed dragons.
5iXiC8z.png
szLFrpq.png
jA5A7gu.png
cutkr0S.png
fkWjutW.png
QG3ZDTL.png
You can't tell other people how to play the game. Unnamed is as valid as any other name, and if you don't like seeing it in your lists, then name them yourself. What I name MY dragons that I BOUGHT MYSELF is up to ME not the previous owner. If I could train and exalt dragons unnamed I would, because naming dragons takes time away from grinding in the Coli, which sucks if that's how you make money in the game. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean the site should have to bend itself to your will.
You can't tell other people how to play the game. Unnamed is as valid as any other name, and if you don't like seeing it in your lists, then name them yourself. What I name MY dragons that I BOUGHT MYSELF is up to ME not the previous owner. If I could train and exalt dragons unnamed I would, because naming dragons takes time away from grinding in the Coli, which sucks if that's how you make money in the game. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean the site should have to bend itself to your will.
I'm so bad at naming, so it takes a while for me to choose. And for lore purposes, sometimes I exalt unnamed hatchlings myself. I'm largely inclined to believe you just wanted people to post a lot on this thread, or you REALLY don't understand how this site works.

They are never going to force a user to name a dragon that's in their lair, bought, hatched, or otherwise.

(Also, scrolls of renaming are like NEVER in stock when I need them lol, so annoying but I get why people name dragons before the sell them so I just deal)
I'm so bad at naming, so it takes a while for me to choose. And for lore purposes, sometimes I exalt unnamed hatchlings myself. I'm largely inclined to believe you just wanted people to post a lot on this thread, or you REALLY don't understand how this site works.

They are never going to force a user to name a dragon that's in their lair, bought, hatched, or otherwise.

(Also, scrolls of renaming are like NEVER in stock when I need them lol, so annoying but I get why people name dragons before the sell them so I just deal)
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
As long as I can name my dragon Unnamed and all dragons named Unnamed still get the free name change :D
As long as I can name my dragon Unnamed and all dragons named Unnamed still get the free name change :D
hatcherysig_by_darthyoda42-dclux4n.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15