Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Naming upon hatching is required
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
No support. I understand, it urkes me to no end to have an unnamed dragon in my bloodline, but my way of going around it is to just name a dragon before selling it. You said naming a dragon takes just a few seconds right? If that's the case why don't you just name them before selling them? If they become a permanent dragon in someone's home, they can choose to change the name, but at least you won't have an unnamed dragon in your lineage if it happens to end up in a fodder lair.

I like to be given time to think of a dragon's name, sometimes my hatchlings will grow before I can even think of a good name and it feels a little pointless to buy a renaming scroll for my own dragon just because the system absolutely requires you to name a dragon upon hatching. I spend time to think of names and I can almost never think of names before hatching an egg, as I build their personalities around their appearance.

Not only that, once you sell a dragon, your rights to that dragon is lost, it is now up to the other person to do with what they please. You can't get mad at them for exalting them, or even caring for them differently than what you would do. Is it disappointing? Yeah. Is it against the rules? No.

Best way to handle the situation is name them yourselves, sell them at a higher price, or just keep the dragon.
No support. I understand, it urkes me to no end to have an unnamed dragon in my bloodline, but my way of going around it is to just name a dragon before selling it. You said naming a dragon takes just a few seconds right? If that's the case why don't you just name them before selling them? If they become a permanent dragon in someone's home, they can choose to change the name, but at least you won't have an unnamed dragon in your lineage if it happens to end up in a fodder lair.

I like to be given time to think of a dragon's name, sometimes my hatchlings will grow before I can even think of a good name and it feels a little pointless to buy a renaming scroll for my own dragon just because the system absolutely requires you to name a dragon upon hatching. I spend time to think of names and I can almost never think of names before hatching an egg, as I build their personalities around their appearance.

Not only that, once you sell a dragon, your rights to that dragon is lost, it is now up to the other person to do with what they please. You can't get mad at them for exalting them, or even caring for them differently than what you would do. Is it disappointing? Yeah. Is it against the rules? No.

Best way to handle the situation is name them yourselves, sell them at a higher price, or just keep the dragon.
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
Since there was a lot nonsense in the last few pages here AGAIN: keep to the rules. Not your dragon, not your choise.

If a player is uncomfortable with the whole "giving up ownership" concept that is okay. But they should then also make the logic conclusion of NOT GIVING UP OWNERSHIP if that makes them feel uncomfortable instead of doing that again and again and wondering why they are unhappy. They should under no circumstance let their frustration out on others. Especially since it was their own stupidity/non-understanding that led to the frustration in the first place.

I can't possibly comprehend how someone could be so twisted in mind to put up dragons for auction under the presumption that anyone will come along to rescue these dragons from being auctioned - at terms they neither know of nor agreed to at that.

A) why sell something if you view that act as something that needs to be rescued from? If you have such a bad conscience over it you really should not harm yourself by selling.
B) no one buys dragons to "rescue them" - people buy because they like the look or have plans with the dragon. Non of these guarantees that the buyer will contact the seller about what the seller wishes them to do with a dragon they now own.
C) hoping that ones wishes are met to the T when doing an absolutely anonymous money for ware transaction without any user on user contact is the worst kind of delusion I ever heard of. How would the other person know of the sellers conditions if they didn't state them beforehand and informed the buyer about them and the consequences before the transaction?
D) making the buyer be at fault after all that is said and done is the hight of assigning guild to someone innocent in all this. If you give away dragons that clearly meant nothing to you (otherwise you would have kept them yourself) and then blaming anyone but yourself that something happened that you didn't like is just despicable as a tactic.

Considdering the site is 13+ one cannot even explain that away with it being young kids that have not yet ever bought or sold anything and do not understand the concepts of such transactions.
Since there was a lot nonsense in the last few pages here AGAIN: keep to the rules. Not your dragon, not your choise.

If a player is uncomfortable with the whole "giving up ownership" concept that is okay. But they should then also make the logic conclusion of NOT GIVING UP OWNERSHIP if that makes them feel uncomfortable instead of doing that again and again and wondering why they are unhappy. They should under no circumstance let their frustration out on others. Especially since it was their own stupidity/non-understanding that led to the frustration in the first place.

I can't possibly comprehend how someone could be so twisted in mind to put up dragons for auction under the presumption that anyone will come along to rescue these dragons from being auctioned - at terms they neither know of nor agreed to at that.

A) why sell something if you view that act as something that needs to be rescued from? If you have such a bad conscience over it you really should not harm yourself by selling.
B) no one buys dragons to "rescue them" - people buy because they like the look or have plans with the dragon. Non of these guarantees that the buyer will contact the seller about what the seller wishes them to do with a dragon they now own.
C) hoping that ones wishes are met to the T when doing an absolutely anonymous money for ware transaction without any user on user contact is the worst kind of delusion I ever heard of. How would the other person know of the sellers conditions if they didn't state them beforehand and informed the buyer about them and the consequences before the transaction?
D) making the buyer be at fault after all that is said and done is the hight of assigning guild to someone innocent in all this. If you give away dragons that clearly meant nothing to you (otherwise you would have kept them yourself) and then blaming anyone but yourself that something happened that you didn't like is just despicable as a tactic.

Considdering the site is 13+ one cannot even explain that away with it being young kids that have not yet ever bought or sold anything and do not understand the concepts of such transactions.
No support at all for literally everything everyone else has said. I like to take time to name my hatchlings, especially if they come out with unique colors and I want to search for a meaningful name. If you want to name your hatchlings immediately then feel free to do so, as well as naming any other dragon that passes through your lair but do not force others to do as you wish just because you don't favor unnamed dragons. They're valid.
No support at all for literally everything everyone else has said. I like to take time to name my hatchlings, especially if they come out with unique colors and I want to search for a meaningful name. If you want to name your hatchlings immediately then feel free to do so, as well as naming any other dragon that passes through your lair but do not force others to do as you wish just because you don't favor unnamed dragons. They're valid.
Cloud - She/Her
5hF3FGk.png
ytkEBod.png
kHBaXec.png
qGabqd5.png
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif gVI5OAO.pngLGvol4P.png
qJFAY9h.pngjoJXsVi.png
Once again for the people in the cheap seats.

There is no problem. This is a made up problem. It would be like me sitting at a self service gas station whining I am out of gas and waiting for someone to pump it for me.

Everything YOU need to not have unnamed in your list is right in front of your face. Don't expect that someone else is going to give 2t what your wants and desires are for a dragon born of one of your dragons.

And for Tidelords sake DO NOT MESSAGE PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU WANT THEM TO PLAY YOUR WAY. NAME THEM OR HUSH UP!

Once again for the people in the cheap seats.

There is no problem. This is a made up problem. It would be like me sitting at a self service gas station whining I am out of gas and waiting for someone to pump it for me.

Everything YOU need to not have unnamed in your list is right in front of your face. Don't expect that someone else is going to give 2t what your wants and desires are for a dragon born of one of your dragons.

And for Tidelords sake DO NOT MESSAGE PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU WANT THEM TO PLAY YOUR WAY. NAME THEM OR HUSH UP!

Stuff will one day go here.
I really wonder if we would still have all those unnamed threads if name scrolls didn't exist and we could change dragons names for free. Sometimes I feel like this could be a good solution, as the argument of "if i name my dragons, they won't sell" will have no reason to exists anymore.

I can't remember if I posted in this thread before, but yeah, as always, no support. The user above me is right to call that a made up problem : just because you persuaded yourself that unnamed was bad (it isn't) and that a dragon you sold was still yours (it isn't) doesn't mean other users sees it that way.
I really wonder if we would still have all those unnamed threads if name scrolls didn't exist and we could change dragons names for free. Sometimes I feel like this could be a good solution, as the argument of "if i name my dragons, they won't sell" will have no reason to exists anymore.

I can't remember if I posted in this thread before, but yeah, as always, no support. The user above me is right to call that a made up problem : just because you persuaded yourself that unnamed was bad (it isn't) and that a dragon you sold was still yours (it isn't) doesn't mean other users sees it that way.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
No support. Different people have different lore behind names and it's easier to buy an unnamed dragon than to buy a scroll. Also, if the dragon is currently in your lair, it really is only yours and no one can tell you what to name it or to even name it at all. If you don't want unnamed dragons in your offspring list, name them. If you don't want unnamed exalted dragons, name them. If you don't want their names to be changed by other users, don't sell them. Maybe exalting unnamed dragons won't be allowed in the future, but naming hatched babies immediately will not be a rule.

Also as a side note, some of the generator names are horrible and you're better off with unnamed rather than Moontoes as an offspring name.
No support. Different people have different lore behind names and it's easier to buy an unnamed dragon than to buy a scroll. Also, if the dragon is currently in your lair, it really is only yours and no one can tell you what to name it or to even name it at all. If you don't want unnamed dragons in your offspring list, name them. If you don't want unnamed exalted dragons, name them. If you don't want their names to be changed by other users, don't sell them. Maybe exalting unnamed dragons won't be allowed in the future, but naming hatched babies immediately will not be a rule.

Also as a side note, some of the generator names are horrible and you're better off with unnamed rather than Moontoes as an offspring name.

tRvB8Xn.png
mlHpBMC.png
E3nmoMt.png

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
UGt2QgY.png vjO547Q.png
SV9CXSe.png
Fjqort2.png
Hello all,

Please make sure to keep conversation civil and productive. It's okay to disagree with a suggestion, but taking potshots at one another doesn't benefit either party.

Flight Rising does have a policy on Dragon Ownership, as some have mentioned in this thread. This covers both naming and exalting. As such, if naming your dragons is important to you, it is recommended to name them before they leave your lair.

Based on that, I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. You do not need to agree with a policy, however it still needs to be followed even if discussing said policy.
Hello all,

Please make sure to keep conversation civil and productive. It's okay to disagree with a suggestion, but taking potshots at one another doesn't benefit either party.

Flight Rising does have a policy on Dragon Ownership, as some have mentioned in this thread. This covers both naming and exalting. As such, if naming your dragons is important to you, it is recommended to name them before they leave your lair.

Based on that, I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. You do not need to agree with a policy, however it still needs to be followed even if discussing said policy.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15