Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Merch Link "Leaving FR" Warning
1 2 3
I'd be happy if it just opened in a new tab. It's a pretty standard web design convention that you should have pages open in a new tab if they leave the site.

Especially with the merch link being right on top of the MP. If I miss and end up in the trading post, no big deal, the navigation is still there on the side. But if I miss and end up clicking merch, I end up on a different site entirely
I'd be happy if it just opened in a new tab. It's a pretty standard web design convention that you should have pages open in a new tab if they leave the site.

Especially with the merch link being right on top of the MP. If I miss and end up in the trading post, no big deal, the navigation is still there on the side. But if I miss and end up clicking merch, I end up on a different site entirely
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
[quote name="BattleVegan" date="2018-12-23 01:34:10" ] I'd like to see it be written out as Merchandise, be located on the same page as "Purchase Gems" like some kinda "real life currency hub" and for it to open a new tab when you click on the link. [/quote] I'd like that, something like Purchase Gems and Merch and there's a link to the merch site, since they're both IRL currency.
BattleVegan wrote on 2018-12-23 01:34:10:
I'd like to see it be written out as Merchandise, be located on the same page as "Purchase Gems" like some kinda "real life currency hub" and for it to open a new tab when you click on the link.
I'd like that, something like Purchase Gems and Merch and there's a link to the merch site, since they're both IRL currency.
uCR5SCW.png
There are a couple of apparel items I'm stalking the MP for right now, so I've been misclicking on the Merch link more times than I'd like recently. Not being jumped away from the site proper by that mistake would really be more convenient.
There are a couple of apparel items I'm stalking the MP for right now, so I've been misclicking on the Merch link more times than I'd like recently. Not being jumped away from the site proper by that mistake would really be more convenient.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
I would be happy if it just opened in a new tab so I can stay on task with what I am doing in FR and close the spare tab quickly. I second the idea of switching Merch to Merchandise, too. And sticking it with Buy Gems.
I would be happy if it just opened in a new tab so I can stay on task with what I am doing in FR and close the spare tab quickly. I second the idea of switching Merch to Merchandise, too. And sticking it with Buy Gems.
new_eye_icon_13_x_90.png EbtKS.pngDustcarve_Crystal_Pedestal.gifold-oaks-2.png
[quote name="Sheanar" date="2019-10-13 10:58:55" ] I would be happy if it just opened in a new tab so I can stay on task with what I am doing in FR and close the spare tab quickly. I second the idea of switching Merch to Merchandise, too. And sticking it with Buy Gems. [/quote] My laptop can occasionally lag when opening a new tab, so personally this wouldn't be ideal; waiting through 20 seconds of lag generally isn't a big deal, but trying to grab something from the MP is the worst time for it to happen. A 'leaving FR' page with the normal links on the sidebar would let me navigate right where I want to be just like if I misclick into the Auction House or anywhere else.
Sheanar wrote on 2019-10-13 10:58:55:

My laptop can occasionally lag when opening a new tab, so personally this wouldn't be ideal; waiting through 20 seconds of lag generally isn't a big deal, but trying to grab something from the MP is the worst time for it to happen. A 'leaving FR' page with the normal links on the sidebar would let me navigate right where I want to be just like if I misclick into the Auction House or anywhere else.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
1 2 3