Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Merch Link "Leaving FR" Warning
1 2 3
For the merch link on the sidebar, there should be a warning that you're leaving the FR website, similar to when you click other links. I know it's a partnership with Hivemill and a warning might suggest otherwise, but it would be helpful to know you're going to another website rather than a FR page.
For the merch link on the sidebar, there should be a warning that you're leaving the FR website, similar to when you click other links. I know it's a partnership with Hivemill and a warning might suggest otherwise, but it would be helpful to know you're going to another website rather than a FR page.

tRvB8Xn.png
mlHpBMC.png
E3nmoMt.png

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
UGt2QgY.png vjO547Q.png
SV9CXSe.png
Fjqort2.png
PLEASE.

I keep clicking it because it's right where the link to the marketplace used to be - and frankly, the merch site takes 900 years to load up. I just wind up closing the tab and reopening a new one... it's not ideal.
PLEASE.

I keep clicking it because it's right where the link to the marketplace used to be - and frankly, the merch site takes 900 years to load up. I just wind up closing the tab and reopening a new one... it's not ideal.
Will Draw For Treasure
FR Shows "leaving FR" when you want to visit "non supported" Sites.
Hivemill site has supported d by Flight rising workers
FR Shows "leaving FR" when you want to visit "non supported" Sites.
Hivemill site has supported d by Flight rising workers
My issue is that it's the only link in the navigation sidebar which takes you to a page which doesn't have the navigation sidebar. All the others you can quickly and easily navigate back and around, but this is the only one w/o that feature, because it takes you to a non-flight rising page.

It would be better if it brought you to a flight rising page with an additional link to the Merch site. (This would make more sense if there were other items. There could be an "all merch" link, "T-shirts" link, and a "Home items" link, and a "plushie" link or what ever.)
My issue is that it's the only link in the navigation sidebar which takes you to a page which doesn't have the navigation sidebar. All the others you can quickly and easily navigate back and around, but this is the only one w/o that feature, because it takes you to a non-flight rising page.

It would be better if it brought you to a flight rising page with an additional link to the Merch site. (This would make more sense if there were other items. There could be an "all merch" link, "T-shirts" link, and a "Home items" link, and a "plushie" link or what ever.)
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
[quote name="Firtarian" date="2018-12-19 21:51:10" ] My issue is that it's the only link in the navigation sidebar which takes you to a page which doesn't have the navigation sidebar. All the others you can quickly and easily navigate back and around, but this is the only one w/o that feature, because it takes you to a non-flight rising page. It would be better if it brought you to a flight rising page with an additional link to the Merch site. (This would make more sense if there were other items. There could be an "all merch" link, "T-shirts" link, and a "Home items" link, and a "plushie" link or what ever.) [/quote] This seems like a good way to handle it. I just clicked on it by accident because my phone tends to resize things as the page loads, and I was taken aback for much the same reason. An on-site 'merch landing page' would solve the issue of no FR sidebar, and provide opportunities to smoothly link to other types of merch in the future.
Firtarian wrote on 2018-12-19 21:51:10:

This seems like a good way to handle it. I just clicked on it by accident because my phone tends to resize things as the page loads, and I was taken aback for much the same reason. An on-site 'merch landing page' would solve the issue of no FR sidebar, and provide opportunities to smoothly link to other types of merch in the future.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Full support! Even though it's a trusted site, MANY clicks on it are accidental and it's annoying as all get out.
Full support! Even though it's a trusted site, MANY clicks on it are accidental and it's annoying as all get out.
Oh it's strange that there's no warning :O
they must really want that irl cash!
Oh it's strange that there's no warning :O
they must really want that irl cash!
I'd like that because it indeed sends you to the website immediatly instead of asking "are you sure". I'd also love love love it if they'd write it out as Merchandise :')
I'd like that because it indeed sends you to the website immediatly instead of asking "are you sure". I'd also love love love it if they'd write it out as Merchandise :')
cac0e8ee68a0701a40537d4f7a4c541dbafec8f3.gif
kyria | 22 | she/her
+9 fr | active from time to time
[quote name="Lara8" date="2018-12-20 00:55:52" ] [quote name="Firtarian" date="2018-12-19 21:51:10" ] My issue is that it's the only link in the navigation sidebar which takes you to a page which doesn't have the navigation sidebar. All the others you can quickly and easily navigate back and around, but this is the only one w/o that feature, because it takes you to a non-flight rising page. It would be better if it brought you to a flight rising page with an additional link to the Merch site. (This would make more sense if there were other items. There could be an "all merch" link, "T-shirts" link, and a "Home items" link, and a "plushie" link or what ever.) [/quote] This seems like a good way to handle it. I just clicked on it by accident because my phone tends to resize things as the page loads, and I was taken aback for much the same reason. An on-site 'merch landing page' would solve the issue of no FR sidebar, and provide opportunities to smoothly link to other types of merch in the future. [/quote] I think this would be a good idea, and it would allow for expansion in the future, without having to add more links to the side bar if they ever decide to add more variety of merchandise. Also, supported or not, I feel that if a link takes you offsite, it should have a warning page. Since the page isn't under control by the Flight Rising team, anything can technically happen to that page that is linked, (and even if it is under control of the FR team, anything can happen..) so having a warning telling players they are leaving the site is a good idea (especially, as has been mentioned, since there is no navigation back to FR on the other site, except through the back button)
Lara8 wrote on 2018-12-20 00:55:52:

This seems like a good way to handle it. I just clicked on it by accident because my phone tends to resize things as the page loads, and I was taken aback for much the same reason. An on-site 'merch landing page' would solve the issue of no FR sidebar, and provide opportunities to smoothly link to other types of merch in the future.
I think this would be a good idea, and it would allow for expansion in the future, without having to add more links to the side bar if they ever decide to add more variety of merchandise.

Also, supported or not, I feel that if a link takes you offsite, it should have a warning page. Since the page isn't under control by the Flight Rising team, anything can technically happen to that page that is linked, (and even if it is under control of the FR team, anything can happen..) so having a warning telling players they are leaving the site is a good idea (especially, as has been mentioned, since there is no navigation back to FR on the other site, except through the back button)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Firtarian" date="2018-12-19 21:51:10" ] My issue is that it's the only link in the navigation sidebar which takes you to a page which doesn't have the navigation sidebar. All the others you can quickly and easily navigate back and around, but this is the only one w/o that feature, because it takes you to a non-flight rising page. It would be better if it brought you to a flight rising page with an additional link to the Merch site. (This would make more sense if there were other items. There could be an "all merch" link, "T-shirts" link, and a "Home items" link, and a "plushie" link or what ever.) [/quote] I support this idea greatly

I support this idea greatly
Jd88XNq.png
5hF3FGk.png
1BvAGFb.png
BTRr72z.png
XlHqN6d.png
nWiQNX9.png
M5XJPox.pngIDESRiU.pngInferno-pin-100x100.pngRS4uSiv.pngM5XJPox.png
JvUa9ma.png
uFMfy5S.png
woVoZAh.png
YMPbu9R.png