Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Eliminate
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Hol" date="2019-02-18 07:02:39" ] I don't believe they should make Elim drop more often. I think they need to produce more battle stones so coli actually has some strategy instead of scratch scratch scratch elim. There are plenty of stones but they're all useless in comparison. [/quote] Ugh, this. I hate to be the person to say it but Coliseum isn't a fun minigame. It's just... not fun. Lots of fun turn-based games out there: Pokemon. Final Fantasy. Fire Emblem. Heck, even World of Warcraft had an in-game pet battling system that was added to be a one-off minigame. It ended up being so fun/well done that people paid the $15 a month just to pet battle. When they announced a Coliseum revamp I was hoping they'd add some intrigue or strategy or differing builds to the game outside of healer, DPS, Tank(does anyone even use a tank?). Anyway, Eliminate being one of the only useful stones in the game, it should be offered at the very least in all venues.
Hol wrote on 2019-02-18 07:02:39:
I don't believe they should make Elim drop more often. I think they need to produce more battle stones so coli actually has some strategy instead of scratch scratch scratch elim. There are plenty of stones but they're all useless in comparison.

Ugh, this. I hate to be the person to say it but Coliseum isn't a fun minigame. It's just... not fun. Lots of fun turn-based games out there: Pokemon. Final Fantasy. Fire Emblem. Heck, even World of Warcraft had an in-game pet battling system that was added to be a one-off minigame. It ended up being so fun/well done that people paid the $15 a month just to pet battle.

When they announced a Coliseum revamp I was hoping they'd add some intrigue or strategy or differing builds to the game outside of healer, DPS, Tank(does anyone even use a tank?).

Anyway, Eliminate being one of the only useful stones in the game, it should be offered at the very least in all venues.
I agree these things need to drop more or drop in the mire.
I agree these things need to drop more or drop in the mire.
NWaVGQJ.png
Considering the sheer amount of dragons that exist on site niw, open registration, and the fact that the coli is the main way to make T on this site. Eliminate needs to drop just a little more frequently. People on the first page of this thread are saying it's fine at around 250k, well it's 500k now and still rising.
Considering the sheer amount of dragons that exist on site niw, open registration, and the fact that the coli is the main way to make T on this site. Eliminate needs to drop just a little more frequently. People on the first page of this thread are saying it's fine at around 250k, well it's 500k now and still rising.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
I have trained three teams from training fields and leveled a few other dragons in the GW, plus a lot of fodder, some in the mire but also a good bit in GR and KB. In my four years, I have gotten one (1) eliminate drop. The rest I bought. If this stone is meant to be a "reward" for training your dragons, it still doesn't drop frequently enough.

And to those asking for coli strategy, as long as it doesn't break my ability to scratch-scratch-scratch-elim my way through a youtube video I hope they can implement something cool for ya.
I have trained three teams from training fields and leveled a few other dragons in the GW, plus a lot of fodder, some in the mire but also a good bit in GR and KB. In my four years, I have gotten one (1) eliminate drop. The rest I bought. If this stone is meant to be a "reward" for training your dragons, it still doesn't drop frequently enough.

And to those asking for coli strategy, as long as it doesn't break my ability to scratch-scratch-scratch-elim my way through a youtube video I hope they can implement something cool for ya.
wq9PoXA.png
[quote name="Sorel" date="2019-05-18 07:02:17" ] People on the first page of this thread are saying it's fine at around 250k, well it's 500k now and still rising. [/quote] It dropped by 100K in the last month, actually, it was around 650K and close to 700K last time I checked. Reason is simple - people are liquidating their ETS to get ancients.
Sorel wrote on 2019-05-18 07:02:17:
People on the first page of this thread are saying it's fine at around 250k, well it's 500k now and still rising.

It dropped by 100K in the last month, actually, it was around 650K and close to 700K last time I checked.

Reason is simple - people are liquidating their ETS to get ancients.
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2019-05-18 22:46:19" ] I have trained three teams from training fields and leveled a few other dragons in the GW, plus a lot of fodder, some in the mire but also a good bit in GR and KB. In my four years, I have gotten one (1) eliminate drop. The rest I bought. If this stone is meant to be a "reward" for training your dragons, it still doesn't drop frequently enough. And to those asking for coli strategy, as long as it doesn't break my ability to scratch-scratch-scratch-elim my way through a youtube video I hope they can implement something cool for ya. [/quote] To be honest, I think that one huge problem with eliminate is the perception of it. The admins must know that eliminate is high priced and that it doesn't drop in the mire and crystal pools and how users feel about it. Yet, despite that, they haven't done anything. In fact there have been some people saying they think that eliminates were actually made rarer by having their drop rates decreased. This says to me, that the admins feel that eliminate SHOULD be a high priced stone and is seen as a luxury rather than a necessity. (this isn't what the admins have actually said, but rather what I deduce based upon various things). however, the players don't see eliminate as that. Many see Eliminate as an absolute necessity. This creates a huge demand for it, which supply cannot keep up with, especially if the admins do see it the way I have said.
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2019-05-18 22:46:19:

To be honest, I think that one huge problem with eliminate is the perception of it.

The admins must know that eliminate is high priced and that it doesn't drop in the mire and crystal pools and how users feel about it. Yet, despite that, they haven't done anything. In fact there have been some people saying they think that eliminates were actually made rarer by having their drop rates decreased.

This says to me, that the admins feel that eliminate SHOULD be a high priced stone and is seen as a luxury rather than a necessity. (this isn't what the admins have actually said, but rather what I deduce based upon various things).

however, the players don't see eliminate as that. Many see Eliminate as an absolute necessity. This creates a huge demand for it, which supply cannot keep up with, especially if the admins do see it the way I have said.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2019-05-18 22:46:19" ] And to those asking for coli strategy, as long as it doesn't break my ability to scratch-scratch-scratch-elim my way through a youtube video I hope they can implement something cool for ya. [/quote] Agreed, more options would be great, the [b]entire[/b] coli being made more 'interesting' would be heck on standard grinding. [center]~[/center] While I wouldn't mind seeing Elims in the Mire/Pools, there are several big ways to help the situation without touching droprate at all: [LIST] [*]Site-supported dragon lending, so experienced players who want to help newbies get started in the coli can do so without worry, or friends can share coli dragons among themselves. [*]Visible stones for dragons listed on the AH, so players can buy pre-stoned dragons without worrying they'll be cheated. [*]Educate newbies that you don't need three Elims to make money in the coli. If the thought of buying one set of stones seems intimidating, the implication that you need three would be enough to make you turn tail and run. In my view, your first coli dragon should always be a Mire or Ruins flyer. Once you get that engine off the ground, you can earn unlimited treasure towards any other builds you want - and in the meantime, that flyer can also grind pretty well in most of the pre-XP venues if you get bored of leveling. With the first-turn bug gone, most flyers can even train in venues besides the one they're designed for, if less efficiently.[/LIST] A single Elim-capable dragon is absolutely attainable for new players within a week of play using rented dragons or even just G&G, which seems very reasonable considering it puts you on basically equal earning footing with players who've been in the coli for years. Having more fighters than that, Kelp Beds/Golem Workshop teams or optimized flyers for all levels, [b]is[/b] more of a luxury. Of course, many newbies don't [b]know[/b] that they have this capacity, but easier access to Elims wouldn't solve the issue of people being unfamiliar with the ropes of the site - an Elim dragon won't help you much if it's got bad stats (which your first coli dragons generally do if you don't stumble over a guide early).

Agreed, more options would be great, the entire coli being made more 'interesting' would be heck on standard grinding.
~

While I wouldn't mind seeing Elims in the Mire/Pools, there are several big ways to help the situation without touching droprate at all:
  • Site-supported dragon lending, so experienced players who want to help newbies get started in the coli can do so without worry, or friends can share coli dragons among themselves.
  • Visible stones for dragons listed on the AH, so players can buy pre-stoned dragons without worrying they'll be cheated.
  • Educate newbies that you don't need three Elims to make money in the coli. If the thought of buying one set of stones seems intimidating, the implication that you need three would be enough to make you turn tail and run.

In my view, your first coli dragon should always be a Mire or Ruins flyer. Once you get that engine off the ground, you can earn unlimited treasure towards any other builds you want - and in the meantime, that flyer can also grind pretty well in most of the pre-XP venues if you get bored of leveling. With the first-turn bug gone, most flyers can even train in venues besides the one they're designed for, if less efficiently.

A single Elim-capable dragon is absolutely attainable for new players within a week of play using rented dragons or even just G&G, which seems very reasonable considering it puts you on basically equal earning footing with players who've been in the coli for years. Having more fighters than that, Kelp Beds/Golem Workshop teams or optimized flyers for all levels, is more of a luxury.

Of course, many newbies don't know that they have this capacity, but easier access to Elims wouldn't solve the issue of people being unfamiliar with the ropes of the site - an Elim dragon won't help you much if it's got bad stats (which your first coli dragons generally do if you don't stumble over a guide early).
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2019-05-18 22:46:19" ] In my four years, I have gotten one (1) eliminate drop. The rest I bought. If this stone is meant to be a "reward" for training your dragons, it still doesn't drop frequently enough. [/quote] That's RNG for you. I've gotten 4 eliminates to drop for me in the last two months. I feel like the drop rate itself is fine, it just needs to drop in EVERY venue. The stone isn't absolutely necessary, it's just the most efficient option to have. And only for higher level venues. I also agree with Jemadar's perception. It feels like the developers INTEND of making Eliminate rare and expensive, but not unreachable. It's not a Light Sprite, and the fact that even if you only casually played in the early coliseum venues and in the fairgrounds, you could probably afford it after a month or two.
In my four years, I have gotten one (1) eliminate drop. The rest I bought. If this stone is meant to be a "reward" for training your dragons, it still doesn't drop frequently enough.

That's RNG for you. I've gotten 4 eliminates to drop for me in the last two months. I feel like the drop rate itself is fine, it just needs to drop in EVERY venue.

The stone isn't absolutely necessary, it's just the most efficient option to have. And only for higher level venues.

I also agree with Jemadar's perception. It feels like the developers INTEND of making Eliminate rare and expensive, but not unreachable. It's not a Light Sprite, and the fact that even if you only casually played in the early coliseum venues and in the fairgrounds, you could probably afford it after a month or two.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
Please. Dear lord. I'm a newer member who has absolutely no hope of being able to afford Eliminate any time soon (spending so much time in the Coli is enough already, I get it, I get it, G&G) - but exalting is my main source of income. I've never gotten it as a drop in months of active play. There are hundreds of other players who are or have been in my situation, and while they can rent dragons, it really depends on if their flight has an organized program for that, and how good it is. I'd love to own the dragons I use in the coli.

The coliseum in itself is broken. Any stones other than Scratch and Eliminate are pretty much useless.
Please. Dear lord. I'm a newer member who has absolutely no hope of being able to afford Eliminate any time soon (spending so much time in the Coli is enough already, I get it, I get it, G&G) - but exalting is my main source of income. I've never gotten it as a drop in months of active play. There are hundreds of other players who are or have been in my situation, and while they can rent dragons, it really depends on if their flight has an organized program for that, and how good it is. I'd love to own the dragons I use in the coli.

The coliseum in itself is broken. Any stones other than Scratch and Eliminate are pretty much useless.
HW4lpxl.png
[quote name="winrar" date="2019-05-19 11:18:24" ] The coliseum in itself is broken. Any stones other than Scratch and Eliminate are pretty much useless. [/quote] That's untrue. While they're not as powerful as Eliminate dragons, clerics and mages are very good in their own rights. A team of three dragons, two physical damagers and a support mage, is pretty decently powerful for grinding. A physical damager and a support mage in a higher level venue to train fodder, while slower, is still a viable method to make money. It would take me about 15 minutes or so to train one dragon in Ghostlight with a normal, eliminate-less dragon and a support mage. It's slower than training two dragons in 7-8 minutes, certainly, but it's not terrible. If you bought eight dragons at current fodder prices (5k each would be 45kt) and then waited for them to grow, it would take about 2 hours to level them to 8 then exalt them. If you only got 12k out of each one, which is the low end of the reward left for exalting at level eight, you'd get 96kt for it. It adds up over the course of doing this for two or three weeks, and personally I feel like it taking that long to get an eliminate is not at all that bad when you stop to consider how much more money you're going to get out of that single eliminate once you get it. You'll immediately be able to swap to a single-dragon trainer and two fodder at the same time, which then means that training those same 8 dragons would take 30-40 minutes instead of 2 hours.
winrar wrote on 2019-05-19 11:18:24:

That's untrue. While they're not as powerful as Eliminate dragons, clerics and mages are very good in their own rights. A team of three dragons, two physical damagers and a support mage, is pretty decently powerful for grinding. A physical damager and a support mage in a higher level venue to train fodder, while slower, is still a viable method to make money.

It would take me about 15 minutes or so to train one dragon in Ghostlight with a normal, eliminate-less dragon and a support mage. It's slower than training two dragons in 7-8 minutes, certainly, but it's not terrible. If you bought eight dragons at current fodder prices (5k each would be 45kt) and then waited for them to grow, it would take about 2 hours to level them to 8 then exalt them. If you only got 12k out of each one, which is the low end of the reward left for exalting at level eight, you'd get 96kt for it.

It adds up over the course of doing this for two or three weeks, and personally I feel like it taking that long to get an eliminate is not at all that bad when you stop to consider how much more money you're going to get out of that single eliminate once you get it. You'll immediately be able to swap to a single-dragon trainer and two fodder at the same time, which then means that training those same 8 dragons would take 30-40 minutes instead of 2 hours.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
1 2 3 4 5 6