Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Changing the default AH selling duration
1 2
Edit (for clarity): This is not meant to be a site-wide default. Only an individual default.

I would be so, so, soooo happy if you guys made it so that we had the option to change the default selling duration in the auction house to 3-days or 7-days so that we didn't have to go in and change it to 3 or 7 every single time we sold an auction.

Like how I can save my search parameters when buying. I pull up my saved search and then all searches after that will follow the parameters I have input (example: it stays 50 per page)

I'm not always selling the same item, so the autofill from the last auction doesn't apply and it will revert back to 1-day as the default setting. It takes a lot of clicking through to change it.
Edit (for clarity): This is not meant to be a site-wide default. Only an individual default.

I would be so, so, soooo happy if you guys made it so that we had the option to change the default selling duration in the auction house to 3-days or 7-days so that we didn't have to go in and change it to 3 or 7 every single time we sold an auction.

Like how I can save my search parameters when buying. I pull up my saved search and then all searches after that will follow the parameters I have input (example: it stays 50 per page)

I'm not always selling the same item, so the autofill from the last auction doesn't apply and it will revert back to 1-day as the default setting. It takes a lot of clicking through to change it.
No support. I use the 1-day option almost all of the time. Making it more convenient for you would inconvenience others. The site cannot cater to everyone, so they need to pick a default and stick with it. It makes sense to have it as 1, because that is at the top of the list, and it's ordered by length of time. Putting 3 at the top would mean it would be what, 3, 1, 7? 3, 7, 1?

Edit: I'm sorry. My propensity to read quickly also leads to skipping words and filling them in so I don't notice that I missed them. That doesn't excuse people being nasty about my incorrect assumption, but apologies are due on my part for misreading in the first place.

As long as it is guaranteed to be an option that users can change for themselves, I don't seen any downsides. The crux of my issue with the suggestion before was that defaults, usually, have reasons, and site-wide changing of defaults, usually, have more negative impacts than others. As long as it's an individual default, and not changing the otherwise default functions unless the user initiates changes themselves, support.
No support. I use the 1-day option almost all of the time. Making it more convenient for you would inconvenience others. The site cannot cater to everyone, so they need to pick a default and stick with it. It makes sense to have it as 1, because that is at the top of the list, and it's ordered by length of time. Putting 3 at the top would mean it would be what, 3, 1, 7? 3, 7, 1?

Edit: I'm sorry. My propensity to read quickly also leads to skipping words and filling them in so I don't notice that I missed them. That doesn't excuse people being nasty about my incorrect assumption, but apologies are due on my part for misreading in the first place.

As long as it is guaranteed to be an option that users can change for themselves, I don't seen any downsides. The crux of my issue with the suggestion before was that defaults, usually, have reasons, and site-wide changing of defaults, usually, have more negative impacts than others. As long as it's an individual default, and not changing the otherwise default functions unless the user initiates changes themselves, support.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
Absolutely not. I post everything for one day to cut down on the tax. I would support an option for a user to set a default for the user, but that's it.
Absolutely not. I post everything for one day to cut down on the tax. I would support an option for a user to set a default for the user, but that's it.
Dragon Leveling 1-25
PWYW Gen 1's
[quote name="lemonsdrops" date="2018-12-10 13:48:20" ] [b]the option[/b] to change the default selling duration in the auction house to 3-days or 7-days [/quote] Since everybody seems to be missing the obvious, OP is asking for an [i]option[/i] to change the default. Support. It would be much more convenient to set the default to whichever duration best suits your own needs.
lemonsdrops wrote on 2018-12-10 13:48:20:
the option to change the default selling duration in the auction house to 3-days or 7-days

Since everybody seems to be missing the obvious, OP is asking for an option to change the default.
Support. It would be much more convenient to set the default to whichever duration best suits your own needs.
Unless it's something that can be customized by users themselves so everyone can set their default sell duration to their desire. Otherwise setting the default at 1, 3 or 7 will always causes the same inconvenience to a group of players. Making it convenient to you doesn't mean it's convenient to others.

However I can support a system where it automatically remembers what your last selected duration was, regardless whether you're trying to list a same item or not.
Unless it's something that can be customized by users themselves so everyone can set their default sell duration to their desire. Otherwise setting the default at 1, 3 or 7 will always causes the same inconvenience to a group of players. Making it convenient to you doesn't mean it's convenient to others.

However I can support a system where it automatically remembers what your last selected duration was, regardless whether you're trying to list a same item or not.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2018-12-10 14:43:27" ] [quote name="lemonsdrops" date="2018-12-10 13:48:20" ] [b]the option[/b] to change the default selling duration in the auction house to 3-days or 7-days [/quote] Since everybody seems to be missing the obvious, OP is asking for an [i]option[/i] to change the default. Support. It would be much more convenient to set the default to whichever duration best suits your own needs. [/quote] Support for this reason. I usually do 1-days for item sales anyhow, but this would cut down on clicking for people who feel differently.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2018-12-10 14:43:27:
lemonsdrops wrote on 2018-12-10 13:48:20:
the option to change the default selling duration in the auction house to 3-days or 7-days

Since everybody seems to be missing the obvious, OP is asking for an option to change the default.
Support. It would be much more convenient to set the default to whichever duration best suits your own needs.

Support for this reason. I usually do 1-days for item sales anyhow, but this would cut down on clicking for people who feel differently.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
I would love to be able to customize my AH defaults. In addition to the time setting, I'd like to be able to make it default to gems for my listings.
I would love to be able to customize my AH defaults. In addition to the time setting, I'd like to be able to make it default to gems for my listings.
i would support this if the tax was not needlessly exponentially more for longer durations 8D

im saying this as someone who lists mostly for 7 day auctions
i would support this if the tax was not needlessly exponentially more for longer durations 8D

im saying this as someone who lists mostly for 7 day auctions
Correct @persimmonbird I do not want it to auto-default to either of these. I want the option of saving the setting for myself.

Sometimes the tax is worth it to some of us so that we don't have to relist hundreds of items daily (sometimes thousands if we are really putting a lot up).

You have to remember there is no tax on items sold in gems (which is usually at least 1/3 of my sales).
Correct @persimmonbird I do not want it to auto-default to either of these. I want the option of saving the setting for myself.

Sometimes the tax is worth it to some of us so that we don't have to relist hundreds of items daily (sometimes thousands if we are really putting a lot up).

You have to remember there is no tax on items sold in gems (which is usually at least 1/3 of my sales).
Support as an individual option - people not supporting this wouldn't have to use it

I always always use the 7-day option and I'd love this
Support as an individual option - people not supporting this wouldn't have to use it

I always always use the 7-day option and I'd love this
1 2