Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dominance issue
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Ha, we will face that problem next week when shadow fights fire, even if bankrupt ourselves completely in our efforts we will most likely lose against fire.

The problem however is less so the system in general. The problem is that inactive accounts get still counted and with Shadow and Arcane especially we have a ton of dead weight that pulls us down.
It would be fairer if the system wouldn't count them after a certain amount of inactivity like a month or so. Then all fight would have a similar chance at getting dom without the inactive accounts making it harder for everyone.

Just take a look at the Region Populations according to the World Map:
1. Shadow - 61568
2. Arcane - 56435
3. Plague - 44396
4. Wind - 43573
5. Lightning - 40974
6. Ice - 40144
7. Nature - 39053
8. Light - 37546
9. Water - 27317
10. Fire - 24725
11. Earth - 12172

You can clearly see which flights new players choose first, Shadow and Arcane, both over 10k more active and inactive lairs, both struggling with dominance. I can't say how it works for Arcane, but in Shadow even with all our efforts we barely manage to get first place or place at all against one of the more dom active flights like light, fire or worst earth. It is frustrating and it has nothing to do with the flights itself. Our dom team isn't bad, we do work together quite well and everyone is informed when we do pushes and what we want to achieve during that push. But due to our size and the many, many inactive lairs, which feels like it's over half of our population by now, we don't stand a chance against the smaller more active flights.

To be honest whenever we win, it feels like we pulled a sleeping city with us over the finish line against a team of trained runners.
Yeah, it might feel good, but the reward is compared to the work behind not worth it. Yeah, we get better prices in the marketplace, but when you have no treasure left, you can't really enjoy that. Yeah, you get more gathering turns, but you seldom get anything out of it that you can sell for more than it's hoard value. Which means we have to spend extra effort just to enjoy the rewards we would get.
I honestly can understand why many aren't that motivated to work for dom or see our flight as a way to take a vacation from dom.

tdlr; Due to many inactive lairs big flights have big disadvantages in dom. The dom system could be more fair if those inactive flights aren't counted anymore.

EDIT: Yeah, did a bad. Inactive accounts won't be counted in dom once they are inactive for over two weeks. My bad! ^^'
Ha, we will face that problem next week when shadow fights fire, even if bankrupt ourselves completely in our efforts we will most likely lose against fire.

The problem however is less so the system in general. The problem is that inactive accounts get still counted and with Shadow and Arcane especially we have a ton of dead weight that pulls us down.
It would be fairer if the system wouldn't count them after a certain amount of inactivity like a month or so. Then all fight would have a similar chance at getting dom without the inactive accounts making it harder for everyone.

Just take a look at the Region Populations according to the World Map:
1. Shadow - 61568
2. Arcane - 56435
3. Plague - 44396
4. Wind - 43573
5. Lightning - 40974
6. Ice - 40144
7. Nature - 39053
8. Light - 37546
9. Water - 27317
10. Fire - 24725
11. Earth - 12172

You can clearly see which flights new players choose first, Shadow and Arcane, both over 10k more active and inactive lairs, both struggling with dominance. I can't say how it works for Arcane, but in Shadow even with all our efforts we barely manage to get first place or place at all against one of the more dom active flights like light, fire or worst earth. It is frustrating and it has nothing to do with the flights itself. Our dom team isn't bad, we do work together quite well and everyone is informed when we do pushes and what we want to achieve during that push. But due to our size and the many, many inactive lairs, which feels like it's over half of our population by now, we don't stand a chance against the smaller more active flights.

To be honest whenever we win, it feels like we pulled a sleeping city with us over the finish line against a team of trained runners.
Yeah, it might feel good, but the reward is compared to the work behind not worth it. Yeah, we get better prices in the marketplace, but when you have no treasure left, you can't really enjoy that. Yeah, you get more gathering turns, but you seldom get anything out of it that you can sell for more than it's hoard value. Which means we have to spend extra effort just to enjoy the rewards we would get.
I honestly can understand why many aren't that motivated to work for dom or see our flight as a way to take a vacation from dom.

tdlr; Due to many inactive lairs big flights have big disadvantages in dom. The dom system could be more fair if those inactive flights aren't counted anymore.

EDIT: Yeah, did a bad. Inactive accounts won't be counted in dom once they are inactive for over two weeks. My bad! ^^'
ukDKhF5.png

I think the issue is more that of the % of players in a certain flight that is actively participating in dom.
@Lunakitty I thought only active (within the past 4 weeks iirc 2 weeks?) lairs got counted for dom?

I think the issue is more that of the % of players in a certain flight that is actively participating in dom.
signaturething.png
@Lunakitty
Actually, the dom system counts the ratio of exalts to the number of active flight members in each flight.(logged on in the last 2 weeks)

Although I must agree- the proportion of exalting lairs is much higher in flights like earth and probably less in bigger flights. This is difficult for shadow especially so when a large flight has more difficulty rallying up all their people for a push comapred to one that is smaller.

Good luck for the push next week! I know shadow can be terrifying when they dom!
@Lunakitty
Actually, the dom system counts the ratio of exalts to the number of active flight members in each flight.(logged on in the last 2 weeks)

Although I must agree- the proportion of exalting lairs is much higher in flights like earth and probably less in bigger flights. This is difficult for shadow especially so when a large flight has more difficulty rallying up all their people for a push comapred to one that is smaller.

Good luck for the push next week! I know shadow can be terrifying when they dom!
@Lunakitty
Inactive accounts are not counted - the map number shows all accounts but for dom purposes (supposedly) only accounts that had logged in the last two weeks before the week (+ those that had logged in that week) count.
@Lunakitty
Inactive accounts are not counted - the map number shows all accounts but for dom purposes (supposedly) only accounts that had logged in the last two weeks before the week (+ those that had logged in that week) count.
JQQ3Fjt.png
@Dalinar
Yep, I remembered it wrong *facepalm*
According to the wiki it's even just two weeks of inactivity.

And yeah, the problem is still that we have big flights with lots of lairs, just not many participating. I guess it's mostly a shift of perspective that needs to happen then. Since Shadow is seen as a place to take a vacation off of dom we really don't get that much support
@Dalinar
Yep, I remembered it wrong *facepalm*
According to the wiki it's even just two weeks of inactivity.

And yeah, the problem is still that we have big flights with lots of lairs, just not many participating. I guess it's mostly a shift of perspective that needs to happen then. Since Shadow is seen as a place to take a vacation off of dom we really don't get that much support
ukDKhF5.png
@Grow
I misremembered big times, my bad and thanks for the good lucks!

@RedWillia
Wiki agrees with you. I did a bad
@Grow
I misremembered big times, my bad and thanks for the good lucks!

@RedWillia
Wiki agrees with you. I did a bad
ukDKhF5.png
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
Arcane is pretty good at dom when they want to! I remember AvP very well! The competition was amazing! Plague in the end placed 1st, but the fight was even. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41431736] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/414318/41431736_350.png[/img] [/url] : D
Arcane is pretty good at dom when they want to! I remember AvP very well! The competition was amazing! Plague in the end placed 1st, but the fight was even.

41431736_350.png

: D
E8ofrfs.png

............................................................Curiosity is followed by ambition.
............................................................Ambition is followed by madness.
I doubt anywhere near 12k people will move to Earth. Earth is half the next highest population flight. And people really don't like the aesthetic.
I doubt anywhere near 12k people will move to Earth. Earth is half the next highest population flight. And people really don't like the aesthetic.
dR1OCbi.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15