Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Background(TM)
1 2 3
Support for backgrounds, no support for user created backgrounds.

I would love to see backgrounds that show workspaces and coli venues, a marketplace, a library, a garden etc.

User created content very quickly spirals out of control. The accents and skins are very closely monitored, with the lineart and shadows in tact we always have very consistent quality. You don't have that for backgrounds. Shading, coloring, it would all vary a ton in quality. Just take a gander at sites with looser restrictions for their user made content and you will see what I mean.

A suggestion thread for backgrounds is all that's needed to get things implemented that people would like to see (like the apparel, familiar and gene suggestion threads)
Support for backgrounds, no support for user created backgrounds.

I would love to see backgrounds that show workspaces and coli venues, a marketplace, a library, a garden etc.

User created content very quickly spirals out of control. The accents and skins are very closely monitored, with the lineart and shadows in tact we always have very consistent quality. You don't have that for backgrounds. Shading, coloring, it would all vary a ton in quality. Just take a gander at sites with looser restrictions for their user made content and you will see what I mean.

A suggestion thread for backgrounds is all that's needed to get things implemented that people would like to see (like the apparel, familiar and gene suggestion threads)
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I really would love to see this, but also as Jussie says, not user-created. But backgrounds would be fantastic!

There could even be special flight-specific ones as a festival favor.
I really would love to see this, but also as Jussie says, not user-created. But backgrounds would be fantastic!

There could even be special flight-specific ones as a festival favor.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
What about the background of the vistas? but on dragons
I'd love to have the background of the jester vista for my dragons
maybe you could use a duplicate vista again but on a dragon to give it a background?
What about the background of the vistas? but on dragons
I'd love to have the background of the jester vista for my dragons
maybe you could use a duplicate vista again but on a dragon to give it a background?
akueye3.png
Support! Backgrounds would give so much more depth to the dragons than just a blank white wall behind them. I want to see my dragons standing in front of where they live, not an empty sea of white with just a banner overhead.

It might look a little cluttered for more complex backgrounds (such as boneyards or volcanoes or desert plains) though, so I'd recommend that these sorts of backgrounds would appear as a faded image rather than full colour. Other than that, though, I see no problem. :>
Support! Backgrounds would give so much more depth to the dragons than just a blank white wall behind them. I want to see my dragons standing in front of where they live, not an empty sea of white with just a banner overhead.

It might look a little cluttered for more complex backgrounds (such as boneyards or volcanoes or desert plains) though, so I'd recommend that these sorts of backgrounds would appear as a faded image rather than full colour. Other than that, though, I see no problem. :>
extra-candles-left.png
Apotheos
FR+8
She/Her
I have too many projects send help
[quote name="Imperia" date="2018-12-09 12:48:45" ] Support! Backgrounds would give so much more depth to the dragons than just a blank white wall behind them. I want to see my dragons standing in front of where they live, not an empty sea of white with just a banner overhead. It might look a little cluttered for more complex backgrounds (such as boneyards or volcanoes or desert plains) though, so I'd recommend that these sorts of backgrounds would appear as a faded image rather than full colour. Other than that, though, I see no problem. :> [/quote] I honestly don't see why it matters whether it looks cluttered? If a player wants to put a ton of apparel on their own dragons, then it is their business. If they wnat to use backgrounds where you can barely see the dragon, again that is their business. I would support faded backgrounds as an option, but not faded backgrounds as the default/only thing available.
Imperia wrote on 2018-12-09 12:48:45:

I honestly don't see why it matters whether it looks cluttered? If a player wants to put a ton of apparel on their own dragons, then it is their business. If they wnat to use backgrounds where you can barely see the dragon, again that is their business.

I would support faded backgrounds as an option, but not faded backgrounds as the default/only thing available.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-12-09 13:05:50" ] [quote name="Imperia" date="2018-12-09 12:48:45" ] Support! Backgrounds would give so much more depth to the dragons than just a blank white wall behind them. I want to see my dragons standing in front of where they live, not an empty sea of white with just a banner overhead. It might look a little cluttered for more complex backgrounds (such as boneyards or volcanoes or desert plains) though, so I'd recommend that these sorts of backgrounds would appear as a faded image rather than full colour. Other than that, though, I see no problem. :> [/quote] I honestly don't see why it matters whether it looks cluttered? If a player wants to put a ton of apparel on their own dragons, then it is their business. If they wnat to use backgrounds where you can barely see the dragon, again that is their business. I would support faded backgrounds as an option, but not faded backgrounds as the default/only thing available. [/quote] I'm not saying that faded backgrounds should be the only default variant, though? I'm suggesting faded ones as variation on top of what they could give us. Some people might like cluttered backgrounds, but, equally, others won't. Having the faded background as an option will appease both sides.
Jemadar wrote on 2018-12-09 13:05:50:
Imperia wrote on 2018-12-09 12:48:45:

I honestly don't see why it matters whether it looks cluttered? If a player wants to put a ton of apparel on their own dragons, then it is their business. If they wnat to use backgrounds where you can barely see the dragon, again that is their business.

I would support faded backgrounds as an option, but not faded backgrounds as the default/only thing available.
I'm not saying that faded backgrounds should be the only default variant, though? I'm suggesting faded ones as variation on top of what they could give us. Some people might like cluttered backgrounds, but, equally, others won't. Having the faded background as an option will appease both sides.
extra-candles-left.png
Apotheos
FR+8
She/Her
[quote name="Imperia" date="2018-12-09 23:29:44" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-12-09 13:05:50" ] [quote name="@Imperia" date="2018-12-09 12:48:45" ] Support! Backgrounds would give so much more depth to the dragons than just a blank white wall behind them. I want to see my dragons standing in front of where they live, not an empty sea of white with just a banner overhead. [b]It might look a little cluttered for more complex backgrounds (such as boneyards or volcanoes or desert plains) though, so I'd recommend that these sorts of backgrounds would appear as a faded image rather than full colour. Other than that, though, I see no problem. :>[/b] [/quote] I honestly don't see why it matters whether it looks cluttered? If a player wants to put a ton of apparel on their own dragons, then it is their business. If they wnat to use backgrounds where you can barely see the dragon, again that is their business. I would support faded backgrounds as an option, but not faded backgrounds as the default/only thing available. [/quote] I'm not saying that faded backgrounds should be the only default variant, though? I'm suggesting faded ones as variation on top of what they could give us. Some people might like cluttered backgrounds, but, equally, others won't. Having the faded background as an option will appease both sides. [/quote] It is the bolded part I was replying to. To me, it didn't sound as if you wanted an option, but rather for all complex backgrounds to appear faded. I apologize if that isn't what you meant, but I have seen on other threads about backgrounds where players want the complex ones to appear faded as well.
Imperia wrote on 2018-12-09 23:29:44:
@Imperia wrote on 2018-12-09 12:48:45:

I'm not saying that faded backgrounds should be the only default variant, though? I'm suggesting faded ones as variation on top of what they could give us. Some people might like cluttered backgrounds, but, equally, others won't. Having the faded background as an option will appease both sides.
It is the bolded part I was replying to. To me, it didn't sound as if you wanted an option, but rather for all complex backgrounds to appear faded. I apologize if that isn't what you meant, but I have seen on other threads about backgrounds where players want the complex ones to appear faded as well.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-12-10 05:08:56" ] [quote name="Imperia" date="2018-12-09 23:29:44" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-12-09 13:05:50" ] [quote name="@Imperia" date="2018-12-09 12:48:45" ] Support! Backgrounds would give so much more depth to the dragons than just a blank white wall behind them. I want to see my dragons standing in front of where they live, not an empty sea of white with just a banner overhead. [b]It might look a little cluttered for more complex backgrounds (such as boneyards or volcanoes or desert plains) though, so I'd recommend that these sorts of backgrounds would appear as a faded image rather than full colour. Other than that, though, I see no problem. :>[/b] [/quote] I honestly don't see why it matters whether it looks cluttered? If a player wants to put a ton of apparel on their own dragons, then it is their business. If they wnat to use backgrounds where you can barely see the dragon, again that is their business. I would support faded backgrounds as an option, but not faded backgrounds as the default/only thing available. [/quote] I'm not saying that faded backgrounds should be the only default variant, though? I'm suggesting faded ones as variation on top of what they could give us. Some people might like cluttered backgrounds, but, equally, others won't. Having the faded background as an option will appease both sides. [/quote] It is the bolded part I was replying to. To me, it didn't sound as if you wanted an option, but rather for all complex backgrounds to appear faded. I apologize if that isn't what you meant, but I have seen on other threads about backgrounds where players want the complex ones to appear faded as well. [/quote] That's more my opinion than a 'this is 100% how it should be done', tbh, even though it probably isn't the clearest in that :') I personally think faded backgrounds would look better if they're complex, but I understand that that's not what everyone would want, so I wouldn't expect faded to be the only option for those backgrounds.
Jemadar wrote on 2018-12-10 05:08:56:
Imperia wrote on 2018-12-09 23:29:44:
@Imperia wrote on 2018-12-09 12:48:45:

It is the bolded part I was replying to. To me, it didn't sound as if you wanted an option, but rather for all complex backgrounds to appear faded. I apologize if that isn't what you meant, but I have seen on other threads about backgrounds where players want the complex ones to appear faded as well.
That's more my opinion than a 'this is 100% how it should be done', tbh, even though it probably isn't the clearest in that :') I personally think faded backgrounds would look better if they're complex, but I understand that that's not what everyone would want, so I wouldn't expect faded to be the only option for those backgrounds.
extra-candles-left.png
Apotheos
FR+8
She/Her
[quote name="Imperia" date="2018-12-10 09:31:16" ] That's more my opinion than a 'this is 100% how it should be done', tbh, even though it probably isn't the clearest in that :') I personally think faded backgrounds would look better if they're complex, but I understand that that's not what everyone would want, so I wouldn't expect faded to be the only option for those backgrounds. [/quote] Ah, okay. Yeah, I think faded backgrounds could look great, but I wouldn't want to be limited to faded backgrounds, because it wouldn't always look good with some of the more vibrantly colored or decorated dragons (at least I don't think it would)
Imperia wrote on 2018-12-10 09:31:16:
That's more my opinion than a 'this is 100% how it should be done', tbh, even though it probably isn't the clearest in that :') I personally think faded backgrounds would look better if they're complex, but I understand that that's not what everyone would want, so I wouldn't expect faded to be the only option for those backgrounds.
Ah, okay.

Yeah, I think faded backgrounds could look great, but I wouldn't want to be limited to faded backgrounds, because it wouldn't always look good with some of the more vibrantly colored or decorated dragons (at least I don't think it would)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
I would love this especially if it was implemented the same way they do skins! They could have the site artists do a couple to start and include in the gem/treasure store and the rest could be user customs!!! And as for implementation I think they should be behind the dragons, and then just not rendered in the coli. If the dragons can always be on the bottom and eyes are always on top then it should be doable!!!
I would love this especially if it was implemented the same way they do skins! They could have the site artists do a couple to start and include in the gem/treasure store and the rest could be user customs!!! And as for implementation I think they should be behind the dragons, and then just not rendered in the coli. If the dragons can always be on the bottom and eyes are always on top then it should be doable!!!
CdZTwZd.png
Wishlist | Art Samples | Deviantart | Custom Bio Examples
Looking for stoned Lvl 25s, preferably either Water or Nature. Preferably pretty or with potential. The ghostier/more halloweeny the better! Willing to offer mixed payment.
1 2 3