Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring in second hatchling art?
1 2 3 4
Yeah, I went for permababies of equal genders because the art was the same - if the art was suddenly different, I'd be annoyed.
Yeah, I went for permababies of equal genders because the art was the same - if the art was suddenly different, I'd be annoyed.
This sounds like it would be a ton of work for the artists for very little actual benefit and it would probably make getting any permababy apparel even more unlikely down the line.
I'd much rather have the option for non-fitted apparel for babs and maybe a limited selection of fitted apparel.

I've got a couple permababies and several more waiting on a scroll, I would not be happy if they get changed to something I didn't choose- and probably equally unhappy if I had to buy/breed replacements if it turned out the other art was preferable. It's way too late to implement this without screwing things up for a lot of people.
This sounds like it would be a ton of work for the artists for very little actual benefit and it would probably make getting any permababy apparel even more unlikely down the line.
I'd much rather have the option for non-fitted apparel for babs and maybe a limited selection of fitted apparel.

I've got a couple permababies and several more waiting on a scroll, I would not be happy if they get changed to something I didn't choose- and probably equally unhappy if I had to buy/breed replacements if it turned out the other art was preferable. It's way too late to implement this without screwing things up for a lot of people.
Man, this would be a great idea if it weren't for the permababy problem :(
Man, this would be a great idea if it weren't for the permababy problem :(
I rather would have new breeds. Sure the other hatchling art is cute(r) but allover they still look the same as the hatchlings we allready got besides their pose. Unless the art team is drastically stocked up and a full team of artists can work on breeds and genes everyday for a full 8 hour workday adding new stages (adol) and different/additional poses just doesn't seem worth the holdup in fetting new breeds.
I rather would have new breeds. Sure the other hatchling art is cute(r) but allover they still look the same as the hatchlings we allready got besides their pose. Unless the art team is drastically stocked up and a full team of artists can work on breeds and genes everyday for a full 8 hour workday adding new stages (adol) and different/additional poses just doesn't seem worth the holdup in fetting new breeds.
I don't see why permababies that are already permababed could t just stay the way they are, and new dragons from then on would be the new art.
This would make 'wrong gender' permababes worth more, for sure, but FR has already done things like this by no longer allowing you to have 2 letter names and the such.

Although there is still the small problem of people planning to permababes a dragon, and then the art changes, this could be fixed with an announcement of what they are going to do.
I don't see why permababies that are already permababed could t just stay the way they are, and new dragons from then on would be the new art.
This would make 'wrong gender' permababes worth more, for sure, but FR has already done things like this by no longer allowing you to have 2 letter names and the such.

Although there is still the small problem of people planning to permababes a dragon, and then the art changes, this could be fixed with an announcement of what they are going to do.
Dragons with lore up for adoption
oh, yes. double support!
oh, yes. double support!
8zPfs6i.gifWsu3XA9.gifT0whsPx.gifIgg8mPI.gifv0CPm88.pngX5bisuN.gif6Fwt9Qr.gif9mjyPzr.png
[quote name="Feverchild" date="2018-12-10 13:58:38" ] I don't see why permababies that are already permababed could t just stay the way they are, and new dragons from then on would be the new art. This would make 'wrong gender' permababes worth more, for sure, but FR has already done things like this by no longer allowing you to have 2 letter names and the such. Although there is still the small problem of people planning to permababes a dragon, and then the art changes, this could be fixed with an announcement of what they are going to do. [/quote] The problem is that if this were brought in, the staff would most likely make it sex linked, just like the current poses. So, if the current art is deemed 'male' then all female permababies would have their art changed to the new art, because that is the female hatchling art. I think it would be a ton more work to exclude current permababies from being changed, and that would leave out those that WANT their permababies to change or they have the wrong sex for the art they want to show up.
Feverchild wrote on 2018-12-10 13:58:38:

The problem is that if this were brought in, the staff would most likely make it sex linked, just like the current poses. So, if the current art is deemed 'male' then all female permababies would have their art changed to the new art, because that is the female hatchling art. I think it would be a ton more work to exclude current permababies from being changed, and that would leave out those that WANT their permababies to change or they have the wrong sex for the art they want to show up.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I could see this working if it was an option only given to permababies, with the default being the original art, but you have the option to switch your permababy to the other art if you want to. It could be something that you're just able to do once you make a dragon a permababy, or it could be an item that could only be applied to permababies.

I'm not sure what it would take to make this happen though.
I could see this working if it was an option only given to permababies, with the default being the original art, but you have the option to switch your permababy to the other art if you want to. It could be something that you're just able to do once you make a dragon a permababy, or it could be an item that could only be applied to permababies.

I'm not sure what it would take to make this happen though.
No support. I don't want the pose to be changed. I'm already restricted in my breeding projects , because of the adult poses. I don't want that to happen in the permababy choice too !
No support. I don't want the pose to be changed. I'm already restricted in my breeding projects , because of the adult poses. I don't want that to happen in the permababy choice too !
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
[quote name="Fragmentary" date="2018-12-06 14:15:48" ] I know it would be a big undertaking, but man I sure would love this. [/quote] same [quote]If we need to make a choice between different arts for male/female permababies, and apparels for permababies, I'd choose apparels.[/quote] also same <_< like i get it would be a lot of work but its not my decision as to if the effort is worth it so i don't want to let that sway my opinion. i would love more hatchling art but... i would also love more apparel as well i know the hypothetical situation of new artwould be "annoying" but i think most people who find it hypothetically annoying would probably be excited if it were added <_< i mean it would be a pretty big and cool update. i know ive been like "no!" until a feature was actually added and then i was excited (publicly obtainable vistas, color wheel expansion etc. man everyone was against people adding more colors before the wheel was expanded only to do a 180 when the new wheel was announced haha) not to mention they could always add a toggle for which hatchling art you want and make it completely separate from your dragon's sex.
Fragmentary wrote on 2018-12-06 14:15:48:
I know it would be a big undertaking, but man I sure would love this.

same
Quote:
If we need to make a choice between different arts for male/female permababies, and apparels for permababies, I'd choose apparels.

also same <_<

like i get it would be a lot of work but its not my decision as to if the effort is worth it so i don't want to let that sway my opinion. i would love more hatchling art but... i would also love more apparel as well

i know the hypothetical situation of new artwould be "annoying" but i think most people who find it hypothetically annoying would probably be excited if it were added <_< i mean it would be a pretty big and cool update. i know ive been like "no!" until a feature was actually added and then i was excited (publicly obtainable vistas, color wheel expansion etc. man everyone was against people adding more colors before the wheel was expanded only to do a 180 when the new wheel was announced haha)

not to mention they could always add a toggle for which hatchling art you want and make it completely separate from your dragon's sex.
1 2 3 4