Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring in second hatchling art?
1 2 3 4
Since permababies are popular, maybe bring in the beta art that wasn't added for our current hatchling art? Like the male and female ones? I don't know if it's been suggested but I did a quick forum search and didn't see it.

It's simply a suggestion, I don't expect anything of it, and it doesn't matter to me if it sounds like a good idea or not. I understand it'd be a huge upheaval and complicated to implicate. I personally would prefer this idea to hatchling apparel. And again, it's only my personal opinion.
Since permababies are popular, maybe bring in the beta art that wasn't added for our current hatchling art? Like the male and female ones? I don't know if it's been suggested but I did a quick forum search and didn't see it.

It's simply a suggestion, I don't expect anything of it, and it doesn't matter to me if it sounds like a good idea or not. I understand it'd be a huge upheaval and complicated to implicate. I personally would prefer this idea to hatchling apparel. And again, it's only my personal opinion.
xe/xyr/xem
I know it would be a big undertaking, but man I sure would love this.
I know it would be a big undertaking, but man I sure would love this.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
If we need to make a choice between different arts for male/female permababies, and apparels for permababies, I'd choose apparels.

But, looking at this suggestion on itself, it's actually not too bad a suggestion, and possibly easier to implement than baby apparels, consider they only (well, only in a relative term, ^^") need to draw the gene arts, and of course arts for the newer breeds (and update the old art I think). But it would still be slightly less work to do than redrawing the apparels to fit babies.

But again, for baby apparels, I think people lean more towards floating apparels to be used and not those fitted ones like gloves or clothes, meaning the numbers of apparel that they need to 'fit' only permababies are limited. And the nature of those floating apparels also means they are easier to fit. So in the end it might actually be easier for the artists to give us floating apparels for babies instead.

In short, I don't really support or not support, kinda sitting on the fence for this one.
If we need to make a choice between different arts for male/female permababies, and apparels for permababies, I'd choose apparels.

But, looking at this suggestion on itself, it's actually not too bad a suggestion, and possibly easier to implement than baby apparels, consider they only (well, only in a relative term, ^^") need to draw the gene arts, and of course arts for the newer breeds (and update the old art I think). But it would still be slightly less work to do than redrawing the apparels to fit babies.

But again, for baby apparels, I think people lean more towards floating apparels to be used and not those fitted ones like gloves or clothes, meaning the numbers of apparel that they need to 'fit' only permababies are limited. And the nature of those floating apparels also means they are easier to fit. So in the end it might actually be easier for the artists to give us floating apparels for babies instead.

In short, I don't really support or not support, kinda sitting on the fence for this one.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
While personally I would love this idea (some of the alt-hatchling poses are so cute!), most likely the common 'pose-change scroll/item' would need to be implemented first, lest those who invested in permababies hate the new pose of their dragon's gender.
While personally I would love this idea (some of the alt-hatchling poses are so cute!), most likely the common 'pose-change scroll/item' would need to be implemented first, lest those who invested in permababies hate the new pose of their dragon's gender.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
It's kind of an interesting idea but... it's going to muck up ~50% of permababies, increase the workload for a new gene by 33%, and honestly I would hope they would redo some of the designs from scratch cause the male RB one is horrifying in an entertaining way.

Not worth it imo.
It's kind of an interesting idea but... it's going to muck up ~50% of permababies, increase the workload for a new gene by 33%, and honestly I would hope they would redo some of the designs from scratch cause the male RB one is horrifying in an entertaining way.

Not worth it imo.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Kinda on the fence for this; I'd prefer apparel, and while alt art for permas might make it easier to implement apparel for permas and exclude non permas so they don't get weird images by having baby apparel on an adult, it does mean that those who chose permas specifically for the art aren't going to be happy.

My own perma for example, exists solely because I like the art for baby spirals. Unless I also found the alt art cute, I'd probably not enjoy a change.
Kinda on the fence for this; I'd prefer apparel, and while alt art for permas might make it easier to implement apparel for permas and exclude non permas so they don't get weird images by having baby apparel on an adult, it does mean that those who chose permas specifically for the art aren't going to be happy.

My own perma for example, exists solely because I like the art for baby spirals. Unless I also found the alt art cute, I'd probably not enjoy a change.
unknown.png
Coli Grinding Services
Current goal: ???: ???/??? saved (0/1 obtained)
Unfortunately, unless we can choose the art, no support.

This is something that would have to have been brought in with the advent of permababies. Otherwise, you will have players who have bought permababy scrolls, and suddenly the art changes.

You will have some players that love the new art of their permababies, but you will also have some that hate it, because they loved the other art.

On the other side, you will have some players who now want the new art for the permababies, but already spent the gems on a permababy before the change and would need to get rid of that one and get a new dragon of the right colors/genes/breed/sex and get an EY scroll for it.

While some of the alternative art was cute, I don't think it is worth it because of the extra workload for future dragons (needing that extra pose) as well as the aggravation it would cause to current holders of permababies.
Unfortunately, unless we can choose the art, no support.

This is something that would have to have been brought in with the advent of permababies. Otherwise, you will have players who have bought permababy scrolls, and suddenly the art changes.

You will have some players that love the new art of their permababies, but you will also have some that hate it, because they loved the other art.

On the other side, you will have some players who now want the new art for the permababies, but already spent the gems on a permababy before the change and would need to get rid of that one and get a new dragon of the right colors/genes/breed/sex and get an EY scroll for it.

While some of the alternative art was cute, I don't think it is worth it because of the extra workload for future dragons (needing that extra pose) as well as the aggravation it would cause to current holders of permababies.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support. I like that all babies look the same for now. I would much prefer permababy apparel.
No support. I like that all babies look the same for now. I would much prefer permababy apparel.
Everyone pretty much said what I was going to say, that being that lots of people who have put effort and money (virtual or real) into their permababies would probably be upset to see the pose of ~50% of permababies change drastically.
(I have seen the beta art, though, and it's super cute)

Another thing is that lots of breeds (or maybe all of them?? I haven't checked) have a m/f dichotomy visible in adults (like ridgeback noses), though you can't tell from the look of a baby what sex it is, and I'd like to keep it that way

Apparel is something more people have wanted for a much longer time and I would rather see staff efforts go towards that :o
Everyone pretty much said what I was going to say, that being that lots of people who have put effort and money (virtual or real) into their permababies would probably be upset to see the pose of ~50% of permababies change drastically.
(I have seen the beta art, though, and it's super cute)

Another thing is that lots of breeds (or maybe all of them?? I haven't checked) have a m/f dichotomy visible in adults (like ridgeback noses), though you can't tell from the look of a baby what sex it is, and I'd like to keep it that way

Apparel is something more people have wanted for a much longer time and I would rather see staff efforts go towards that :o
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
I'd be pretty put out if my permababy suddenly didn't look the way I paid for him to look.
I'd be pretty put out if my permababy suddenly didn't look the way I paid for him to look.
1 2 3 4