Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pay-In system for expansions [UPDATE]
1 2 3 4 5
Below is all the info in my original post! Here it is at the top with more readable formatting! I've also added my updated thoughts with the lair revamp. Our current system is as follows: [list] [*]For spots in your normal lair, you pay a lump sum ranging from 5,000 treasure for your first expansion to 1,175,000 for your final few. [*]For lair tabs in your normal lair the cost is 20,000; 30,000; 40,000; and then 50,000 the rest of the way down the line [*]For currency spots in your hibernal den, it's 50g per spot [*]For lair tabs in your hibernal den, it is the same as your normal den, except the cost of the first is 10,000. [/list] The bottom three items on that list are fairly manageable, imho, but for the sake of consistency, I do think this feature should be spread across all four of those bullet points. [b]Right now, all these amounts must be paid lump sum --my proposal is that the site should allow us to put in little amounts over time, unlocking the slots after we have paid into the full price. [/b] Considerations: [list] [*] Once the money is sent off, it's gone. When I first posted this thread there were concerns about people paying some money into their lair and then regretting it when something nice comes out the next day but honestly? It's gonna happen with other things. The same with buying a dragon, or a familiar, or paying in the current lump sum paymets. It just be like that sometimes. [*]I would like there to be three options there --Make a payment, Pay Remainder, and Pay Lump Sum. [b]"Make a Payment"[/b] would display how much you need to pay until your next expansion and allow you to enter any amount of treasure [b]"Pay Remainder"[/b] would display how much you need to pay until your next expansion, but auto-fills that amount for you to pay [b]"Pay Lump Sum"[/b] would display how much the expansions cost, and you pay that amount, regardless of how much you have put towards an expansion. The amount that you put towards expansion then gets put towards your next expansion. [*] The other consideration would be the dominance discount. Should it apply if using this system or not? I could go either way here, personally. [/list] [quote]As it stands, lair expansions exist in a lump-sum payment, which, for the first couple of pages, is rather manageable. Less so when expansion payments creep closer and closer to (and eventually surpass) 1mil treasure. (for the record, I am all for REDUCING this cost, but that's not what this thread is about. I would like the option to make a payment towards my next expansion whenever I like. This would NOT be a banking system: once I send the money off, it's gone. But I could send off 100kt here, 50kt there. A little dialogue could tell me how much I have remaining to my next expansion. An Edit for clarification: you get the expansion AFTER it is paid off, not when you put the initial payment down. I think I would like there to be three options there --Make a payment, Pay Remainder, and Pay Lump Sum. "Make a Payment" would display how much you need to pay until your next expansion and allow you to enter any amount of treasure "Pay Remainder" would display how much you need to pay until your next expansion, but auto-fills that amount for you to pay "Pay Lump Sum" would display how much the expansions cost, and you pay that amount, regardless of how much you have put towards an expansion. The amount that you put towards expansion then gets put towards your next expansion. Especially with the new lair system coming and giving us more lair things to buy (pages, hibernation spaces (can we buy those? idr), etc) I would like more ways TO buy them. Ones that are more accessible to people who don't make droves of treasure each week. Suggestion (though i don't personally support the fee, i am putting it as part of the proposal people can comment on): [quote name="Jessyta" date="2018-11-24 08:00:46" ] I’d support this provided that: There is a fee of some sort to use the payment plan system Dominance discounts are not applied when using the payment plan system. [/quote] [/quote]
Below is all the info in my original post! Here it is at the top with more readable formatting! I've also added my updated thoughts with the lair revamp.

Our current system is as follows:
  • For spots in your normal lair, you pay a lump sum ranging from 5,000 treasure for your first expansion to 1,175,000 for your final few.
  • For lair tabs in your normal lair the cost is 20,000; 30,000; 40,000; and then 50,000 the rest of the way down the line
  • For currency spots in your hibernal den, it's 50g per spot
  • For lair tabs in your hibernal den, it is the same as your normal den, except the cost of the first is 10,000.

The bottom three items on that list are fairly manageable, imho, but for the sake of consistency, I do think this feature should be spread across all four of those bullet points.

Right now, all these amounts must be paid lump sum --my proposal is that the site should allow us to put in little amounts over time, unlocking the slots after we have paid into the full price.

Considerations:
  • Once the money is sent off, it's gone. When I first posted this thread there were concerns about people paying some money into their lair and then regretting it when something nice comes out the next day but honestly? It's gonna happen with other things. The same with buying a dragon, or a familiar, or paying in the current lump sum paymets. It just be like that sometimes.
  • I would like there to be three options there --Make a payment, Pay Remainder, and Pay Lump Sum.

"Make a Payment" would display how much you need to pay until your next expansion and allow you to enter any amount of treasure

"Pay Remainder" would display how much you need to pay until your next expansion, but auto-fills that amount for you to pay

"Pay Lump Sum" would display how much the expansions cost, and you pay that amount, regardless of how much you have put towards an expansion. The amount that you put towards expansion then gets put towards your next expansion.
  • The other consideration would be the dominance discount. Should it apply if using this system or not? I could go either way here, personally.

Quote:
As it stands, lair expansions exist in a lump-sum payment, which, for the first couple of pages, is rather manageable. Less so when expansion payments creep closer and closer to (and eventually surpass) 1mil treasure. (for the record, I am all for REDUCING this cost, but that's not what this thread is about.

I would like the option to make a payment towards my next expansion whenever I like. This would NOT be a banking system: once I send the money off, it's gone. But I could send off 100kt here, 50kt there. A little dialogue could tell me how much I have remaining to my next expansion.

An Edit for clarification: you get the expansion AFTER it is paid off, not when you put the initial payment down.

I think I would like there to be three options there --Make a payment, Pay Remainder, and Pay Lump Sum.

"Make a Payment" would display how much you need to pay until your next expansion and allow you to enter any amount of treasure

"Pay Remainder" would display how much you need to pay until your next expansion, but auto-fills that amount for you to pay

"Pay Lump Sum" would display how much the expansions cost, and you pay that amount, regardless of how much you have put towards an expansion. The amount that you put towards expansion then gets put towards your next expansion.

Especially with the new lair system coming and giving us more lair things to buy (pages, hibernation spaces (can we buy those? idr), etc) I would like more ways TO buy them. Ones that are more accessible to people who don't make droves of treasure each week.

Suggestion (though i don't personally support the fee, i am putting it as part of the proposal people can comment on):
Jessyta wrote on 2018-11-24 08:00:46:
I’d support this provided that:

There is a fee of some sort to use the payment plan system
Dominance discounts are not applied when using the payment plan system.
Orq Art
dwf.png

ZQGfAQY.png
@Jessyta I've added your suggestion to the first post, though I don't totally agree with the fee to use the system.

I do, however, agree that dom discounts should only be used when paying the lump sum, however, I think that's a very worthwhile note to make.
@Jessyta I've added your suggestion to the first post, though I don't totally agree with the fee to use the system.

I do, however, agree that dom discounts should only be used when paying the lump sum, however, I think that's a very worthwhile note to make.
Orq Art
dwf.png
I don't think there needs to be a fee to use this system, however, once you put the money towards a lair expansion, you can't get it back.

I am indifferent on the discounts being applied or not, but I guess that could be another trade off if you want to use this.

Some players do have a hard time not only making money but keeping it, especially when that money gets into the hundreds of thousands or millions of treasure, this would just be another way to help players manage their money and those who don't want to use it, could just ignore it.
I don't think there needs to be a fee to use this system, however, once you put the money towards a lair expansion, you can't get it back.

I am indifferent on the discounts being applied or not, but I guess that could be another trade off if you want to use this.

Some players do have a hard time not only making money but keeping it, especially when that money gets into the hundreds of thousands or millions of treasure, this would just be another way to help players manage their money and those who don't want to use it, could just ignore it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I would support this in general. I am a bit half and half on a fee and if Dom discount applies. Part feels like they are a trade off for the system and the resources needed to create it and part is like Meh, whatever.

I worry about people putting money in and then having a mess of a fit because they changed their mind and want their money back and then there being a host of suggestions asking that they have access to the money saved. Example someone has a huge amount saved towards an expansion and a new whatever comes out or cycles in and they "have" money it is just stuck. But people being unhappy with things is a given in life.. and like Jemadar said, people who do not want to use it can just ignore it.
I would support this in general. I am a bit half and half on a fee and if Dom discount applies. Part feels like they are a trade off for the system and the resources needed to create it and part is like Meh, whatever.

I worry about people putting money in and then having a mess of a fit because they changed their mind and want their money back and then there being a host of suggestions asking that they have access to the money saved. Example someone has a huge amount saved towards an expansion and a new whatever comes out or cycles in and they "have" money it is just stuck. But people being unhappy with things is a given in life.. and like Jemadar said, people who do not want to use it can just ignore it.
Stuff will one day go here.
@Touhou The vault is for that a bit, yeah, but saving into the vault can be difficult, and some people are impulsive. Others use their vault for dom funds --saving this way isn't always the best option

@LunaSea People will have a fit about anything, tbh. Honestly, it falls into the same category as "I melted my firebug the day before firefly came out". It happens --a dialogue before you pay to remind you that this money can not be given back (much like with selling things from the horde) or, if people prefer, something like the exalt system: you can get back an amount you put into it in the last [timeframe], but once you have done that you can not get back any of the money for [different timeframe]? so like you made a payment of 100kt the day before a new gene came out, so you can get THAT back and not the 300kt you put in 3 weeks ago. And then once you have it back you can't take any more money out of it for 3 months, regardless how much or how recently you did so.
@Touhou The vault is for that a bit, yeah, but saving into the vault can be difficult, and some people are impulsive. Others use their vault for dom funds --saving this way isn't always the best option

@LunaSea People will have a fit about anything, tbh. Honestly, it falls into the same category as "I melted my firebug the day before firefly came out". It happens --a dialogue before you pay to remind you that this money can not be given back (much like with selling things from the horde) or, if people prefer, something like the exalt system: you can get back an amount you put into it in the last [timeframe], but once you have done that you can not get back any of the money for [different timeframe]? so like you made a payment of 100kt the day before a new gene came out, so you can get THAT back and not the 300kt you put in 3 weeks ago. And then once you have it back you can't take any more money out of it for 3 months, regardless how much or how recently you did so.
Orq Art
dwf.png
Honestly, I see this like regular expansions. People pay for a new expansion then have 'buyer's regret', but that is the way things go...

Lair expansions are a treasure sink, and I feel they would be more effective if players could put a little here and a little there down towards an expansion than trying to save up a lump sum.

@touhou

Unfortunately the vault isn't really effective.

There are so many different things that can cost a lot that needs to be saved up for, it can be easy to forget what exactly you are sticking that money into the vault for. For instance, if you are saving for festival skins, treasure MP genes, maybe that new apparel, and you want a lair expansion eventually, you can't effectively separate all that money so you can easily see which savings needs your attention now. The expansion might be a 'I need this in the future, but not right NOW' and so it would be something you might want to just put aside any 'extra' money you have towards it, but with the vault, it isn't easy because there is no way to separate out various goals.
Honestly, I see this like regular expansions. People pay for a new expansion then have 'buyer's regret', but that is the way things go...

Lair expansions are a treasure sink, and I feel they would be more effective if players could put a little here and a little there down towards an expansion than trying to save up a lump sum.

@touhou

Unfortunately the vault isn't really effective.

There are so many different things that can cost a lot that needs to be saved up for, it can be easy to forget what exactly you are sticking that money into the vault for. For instance, if you are saving for festival skins, treasure MP genes, maybe that new apparel, and you want a lair expansion eventually, you can't effectively separate all that money so you can easily see which savings needs your attention now. The expansion might be a 'I need this in the future, but not right NOW' and so it would be something you might want to just put aside any 'extra' money you have towards it, but with the vault, it isn't easy because there is no way to separate out various goals.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support

I don't see a need for an additional fee, allowing more users to get lair expansions is good enough imo, since more players will be removing money from the game.

I do agree that dom discounts shouldn't be applied. They work with the current system, but if I have 99% paid off and the discount comes along, I should actually get money back, and that could cause issues for the system. I do think the system should give a warning/reminder when you make the first partial payment for each lair expansion that you will forfeit any and all discounts by using this method.

I personally wouldn't mind spending an extra 100kt if I'm able to slowly pay off my lair expansion. It might be more in the long run, but it's easier to pay off. I'm don't impulse buy that often, but I have to save 200-400kt MORE than my lair expansion so I can keep sniping to make money after buying the expansion, but being able to pay off a bit of my profits here and there would make my life a lot easier.
Support

I don't see a need for an additional fee, allowing more users to get lair expansions is good enough imo, since more players will be removing money from the game.

I do agree that dom discounts shouldn't be applied. They work with the current system, but if I have 99% paid off and the discount comes along, I should actually get money back, and that could cause issues for the system. I do think the system should give a warning/reminder when you make the first partial payment for each lair expansion that you will forfeit any and all discounts by using this method.

I personally wouldn't mind spending an extra 100kt if I'm able to slowly pay off my lair expansion. It might be more in the long run, but it's easier to pay off. I'm don't impulse buy that often, but I have to save 200-400kt MORE than my lair expansion so I can keep sniping to make money after buying the expansion, but being able to pay off a bit of my profits here and there would make my life a lot easier.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
I support this. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I can add payments to my house expansion at my convenience. It's a good function!

I have a hard time remembering my vault exists (caused by my adhd perhaps), so all my funds are usually exactly what's shown in my user information. I have a hard time making money, saving money, not spending money, I just have a bad time with money. So saving all that cash for my next lair expansion feels like a looming, nearly impossible task. But if I were able to toss in at least 1000 t whenever I wanted, that would be a little lighter.

It's much more accessible and I wholly support that!

Side note, mixed payments would be nice too. I could toss in a gem or two and it would reduce the price of my expansion. This would also set the gem ratio as an absolute, which would be nice imho, bc you wouldn't be digging through sales threads looking for the current gem ratio.
I support this. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I can add payments to my house expansion at my convenience. It's a good function!

I have a hard time remembering my vault exists (caused by my adhd perhaps), so all my funds are usually exactly what's shown in my user information. I have a hard time making money, saving money, not spending money, I just have a bad time with money. So saving all that cash for my next lair expansion feels like a looming, nearly impossible task. But if I were able to toss in at least 1000 t whenever I wanted, that would be a little lighter.

It's much more accessible and I wholly support that!

Side note, mixed payments would be nice too. I could toss in a gem or two and it would reduce the price of my expansion. This would also set the gem ratio as an absolute, which would be nice imho, bc you wouldn't be digging through sales threads looking for the current gem ratio.
Pressed Moonflower HX0RiC0.png bogbees
ABOUT MEAVATAR LORE
CODESPROJECTSDRAGON SALES
     tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png
tumblr_inline_pstga2kfNz1tc3swm_75sq.png
Support, im all for it. id rather be able to chip away at a new lair expansion instead of sinking over 1,000,000 treasure into one for a measly 5 spaces, bc that just doesnt feel good to do either.
Support, im all for it. id rather be able to chip away at a new lair expansion instead of sinking over 1,000,000 treasure into one for a measly 5 spaces, bc that just doesnt feel good to do either.
1 2 3 4 5