Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scattersights brought back once a year?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29
[color=indigo] I agree with this quote: [quote]I have been on sites where a good portion of the items are out of reach of the ordinary player (usually being sold only for premium currency, or if the player buys the premium currency), or where you see something that would be perfect, but it has been retired for ages, and it usually makes me want to support those sites LESS, because it all feels like a money grab.[/quote] [color=indigo] This is the reason why I quickly lose interest in games that are heavy on retired items, especially when those retired items are important to gameplay. They aren't really newbie friendly. I don't want Flight Rising to be that kind of site, when there are so many customization options locked out of reach for newbies that there isn't a point in trying. I've definitely played games like that, and it wasn't a welcoming or fun experience.
I agree with this quote:

Quote:
I have been on sites where a good portion of the items are out of reach of the ordinary player (usually being sold only for premium currency, or if the player buys the premium currency), or where you see something that would be perfect, but it has been retired for ages, and it usually makes me want to support those sites LESS, because it all feels like a money grab.

This is the reason why I quickly lose interest in games that are heavy on retired items, especially when those retired items are important to gameplay. They aren't really newbie friendly.

I don't want Flight Rising to be that kind of site, when there are so many customization options locked out of reach for newbies that there isn't a point in trying. I've definitely played games like that, and it wasn't a welcoming or fun experience.
jCVhFoZ.gif
With the anniversary coming up, this could be a great time to bring up this refreshing idea, or have it be any time of year, just please bring back eye vials
With the anniversary coming up, this could be a great time to bring up this refreshing idea, or have it be any time of year, just please bring back eye vials
~She/her~
Don't be afraid to ping me
nature_small.png #UnnamedIsValid
Let them fight!
Anniversary? Do you mean Night of the Nocturne? The Anniversary isn't until June.
Anniversary? Do you mean Night of the Nocturne? The Anniversary isn't until June.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Why not. I'm not personally upset about Scattersight not being available anymore, but I'm always up for my RNG-based items, so yeah, I'd be glad to see them coming back for a special event or something.
Why not. I'm not personally upset about Scattersight not being available anymore, but I'm always up for my RNG-based items, so yeah, I'd be glad to see them coming back for a special event or something.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
Full support. In a game where nearly everything can be tweaked and customized, there is no reason to retire an item like this.
Full support. In a game where nearly everything can be tweaked and customized, there is no reason to retire an item like this.
zhMvOXK.png
Absolute support. I was able to brew a fair few scattersights before they got retired (although sold all mine since) but bringing them back for the anniversary would be a good idea. That way the prices will still stay high and some people won't be scared to use them so much!
Absolute support. I was able to brew a fair few scattersights before they got retired (although sold all mine since) but bringing them back for the anniversary would be a good idea. That way the prices will still stay high and some people won't be scared to use them so much!
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
I absolutely support! I don't agree with why they retired the item in the first place. Having it cycle in for a few days around the anniversary or during NOTN would have been a much better idea, imo.
I absolutely support! I don't agree with why they retired the item in the first place. Having it cycle in for a few days around the anniversary or during NOTN would have been a much better idea, imo.
tipped_tall_bottle_by_coloradoblues-db05mhe.png tall_bottle_blue_by_coloradoblues-db05mhm.png melted_double_candles_by_coloradoblues-db05mo5.png new_candles_double_by_coloradoblues-db05mkb.png single_candle_by_coloradoblues-db05mnc.png inkwell_feather_by_coloradoblues-db05mr2.png
♥ FieryRose ♥
She/Her

Doing a Pinkerlocke!
Definitely in support of scattersight coming back. I think NotN would be a good time for them to come back too. They can be hidden in chests or something.

I think it would be totally acceptable if they were still really rare to get so long as they can be acquired by more than just really expensive in the AH. Maybe a high level Baldwin option.
Definitely in support of scattersight coming back. I think NotN would be a good time for them to come back too. They can be hidden in chests or something.

I think it would be totally acceptable if they were still really rare to get so long as they can be acquired by more than just really expensive in the AH. Maybe a high level Baldwin option.
FROGSNEAKS! Breeding and Info!

Please ping me! I'd rather more notifications than missing your post.
I really like this idea, even as someone who stocked up on scattersights with the intention of selling them at a high price later! I think the scattersights should be rare enough that it encourages breeding, but obtainable enough that they can be used on very special dragons who need a certain eye type :)
I really like this idea, even as someone who stocked up on scattersights with the intention of selling them at a high price later! I think the scattersights should be rare enough that it encourages breeding, but obtainable enough that they can be used on very special dragons who need a certain eye type :)
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
I actually think cycling them would encourage sales. As is it, the scattervials are too precious to use, so a TON of people are just sitting on them: afraid to gamble, afraid to sell. If we knew we could earn even a small number of scattervials regularly, we could use them more confidently, which would result in many players using the ones in their hoard, which would result in people feeling more comfortable with buying scattervials.

Sure, the price might drop some, but we could make up the difference by having the ability to sell more.
I actually think cycling them would encourage sales. As is it, the scattervials are too precious to use, so a TON of people are just sitting on them: afraid to gamble, afraid to sell. If we knew we could earn even a small number of scattervials regularly, we could use them more confidently, which would result in many players using the ones in their hoard, which would result in people feeling more comfortable with buying scattervials.

Sure, the price might drop some, but we could make up the difference by having the ability to sell more.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29