Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scattersights brought back once a year?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
I'd like to see scattersights brought back for an event each year maybe... thoughts?
I'd like to see scattersights brought back for an event each year maybe... thoughts?
I'd love to see cycling scattervials.
I'd love to see cycling scattervials.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support!

This would keep them valuable (for people who want to resell) without making them impossibly rare. They’re a consumable item with horribly skewed RNG, so anyone looking to get any eye type besides Uncommon will most likely have to use several of them.

Because of the RNG and the fact that people always want to customize their dragons, they’d hold their value decently well. I’d also imagine that people would be more likely to use them if they weren’t retired, since that way there’s no fear of wasting a dwindling resource, and sellers could benefit from this as well.

Maybe bring them back for a week or so every NotN or FR anniversary? Noc eggs still go for upwards of 250kT despite being available in hordes every NotN, so a similar thing could definitely be worked out for Scattersights as well.

Giving users 3 days to collect a permanently retiring, RNG-based consumable with no warning and no regard for people who might have other obligations was a pretty big misstep. :(
Support!

This would keep them valuable (for people who want to resell) without making them impossibly rare. They’re a consumable item with horribly skewed RNG, so anyone looking to get any eye type besides Uncommon will most likely have to use several of them.

Because of the RNG and the fact that people always want to customize their dragons, they’d hold their value decently well. I’d also imagine that people would be more likely to use them if they weren’t retired, since that way there’s no fear of wasting a dwindling resource, and sellers could benefit from this as well.

Maybe bring them back for a week or so every NotN or FR anniversary? Noc eggs still go for upwards of 250kT despite being available in hordes every NotN, so a similar thing could definitely be worked out for Scattersights as well.

Giving users 3 days to collect a permanently retiring, RNG-based consumable with no warning and no regard for people who might have other obligations was a pretty big misstep. :(
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-11-19 10:54:21" ] Giving users 3 days to collect a permanently retiring, RNG-based consumable with no warning and no regard for people who might have other obligations was a pretty big misstep. :( [/quote] Louder for the people in the back! :D *ahem* Support for the reasons stated on the other Scattervial threads. You can say "just breed for the eyes you want," but... [quote name="Ridara" date="2018-09-18 12:40:27" ] Let's say you have a pair of dragons you're breeding for a breeding project. Let's use Imperials because 30 days is a nice even number, and you can't breed change to an Imperial. (Or to be more accurate, 1 Imp scroll costs more than 200 Scattervials.) In order to ensure that the child is an Imperial, both parents need to be Imperials, bringing your average eggs per nest down from 3 to 2.5. The chance of getting Primal eyes is 0.5%, or 1 in every 200 babies. If you breed these particular Imps immediately every time their cooldown ends, it would take an average of 6 years for them to produce a Primal-eyed baby. [/quote] Which Gemajgall says goes up to 12 years if you want that child to be a particular sex. EDIT: Misspelled their name
Ningyo wrote on 2018-11-19 10:54:21:

Louder for the people in the back! :D

*ahem* Support for the reasons stated on the other Scattervial threads. You can say "just breed for the eyes you want," but...
Ridara wrote on 2018-09-18 12:40:27:
Let's say you have a pair of dragons you're breeding for a breeding project. Let's use Imperials because 30 days is a nice even number, and you can't breed change to an Imperial. (Or to be more accurate, 1 Imp scroll costs more than 200 Scattervials.) In order to ensure that the child is an Imperial, both parents need to be Imperials, bringing your average eggs per nest down from 3 to 2.5. The chance of getting Primal eyes is 0.5%, or 1 in every 200 babies. If you breed these particular Imps immediately every time their cooldown ends, it would take an average of 6 years for them to produce a Primal-eyed baby.

Which Gemajgall says goes up to 12 years if you want that child to be a particular sex.

EDIT: Misspelled their name
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="Ridara" date="2018-11-19 11:56:20" ] [quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-11-19 10:54:21" ] Giving users 3 days to collect a permanently retiring, RNG-based consumable with no warning and no regard for people who might have other obligations was a pretty big misstep. :( [/quote] Louder for the people in the back! :D *ahem* Support for the reasons stated on the other Scattervial threads. You can say "just breed for the eyes you want," but... [quote name="Ridara" date="2018-09-18 12:40:27" ] Let's say you have a pair of dragons you're breeding for a breeding project. Let's use Imperials because 30 days is a nice even number, and you can't breed change to an Imperial. (Or to be more accurate, 1 Imp scroll costs more than 200 Scattervials.) In order to ensure that the child is an Imperial, both parents need to be Imperials, bringing your average eggs per nest down from 3 to 2.5. The chance of getting Primal eyes is 0.5%, or 1 in every 200 babies. If you breed these particular Imps immediately every time their cooldown ends, it would take an average of 6 years for them to produce a Primal-eyed baby. [/quote] Which Gemagall says goes up to 12 years if you want that child to be a particular sex. [/quote] Plus, this reasoning doesn't work on progens or special dragons (ie gen1s, special date dragons, gifts, sentimental dragons etc..) For all other aspects of dragons, up until the eye update, players had the ability to say 'Okay, I want this dragon to look like THIS' and pass up dragons that didn't match the criteria. With the eye update, there are now thousands (more really) of dragons that players did not have the ability to say 'you are pretty, BUT I want X eyes so I will wait until I get it' before they got attached to dragons. So, pretty much any way to be able to get natural eye types on existing dragons is a support from me, whether it is returning scattervials, to individual eye vials that are very difficult to obtain, but still able to be obtained.
Ridara wrote on 2018-11-19 11:56:20:
Ningyo wrote on 2018-11-19 10:54:21:

Louder for the people in the back! :D

*ahem* Support for the reasons stated on the other Scattervial threads. You can say "just breed for the eyes you want," but...
Ridara wrote on 2018-09-18 12:40:27:
Let's say you have a pair of dragons you're breeding for a breeding project. Let's use Imperials because 30 days is a nice even number, and you can't breed change to an Imperial. (Or to be more accurate, 1 Imp scroll costs more than 200 Scattervials.) In order to ensure that the child is an Imperial, both parents need to be Imperials, bringing your average eggs per nest down from 3 to 2.5. The chance of getting Primal eyes is 0.5%, or 1 in every 200 babies. If you breed these particular Imps immediately every time their cooldown ends, it would take an average of 6 years for them to produce a Primal-eyed baby.

Which Gemagall says goes up to 12 years if you want that child to be a particular sex.
Plus, this reasoning doesn't work on progens or special dragons (ie gen1s, special date dragons, gifts, sentimental dragons etc..)

For all other aspects of dragons, up until the eye update, players had the ability to say 'Okay, I want this dragon to look like THIS' and pass up dragons that didn't match the criteria. With the eye update, there are now thousands (more really) of dragons that players did not have the ability to say 'you are pretty, BUT I want X eyes so I will wait until I get it' before they got attached to dragons.

So, pretty much any way to be able to get natural eye types on existing dragons is a support from me, whether it is returning scattervials, to individual eye vials that are very difficult to obtain, but still able to be obtained.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I've been arguing for this for months and I still will. It simply isn't fair to make the eye vials unattainable like this.

Breeding project for new eyes? Have fun spending 6 years on that (which is what I'm currently doing). Maybe you will have to rent nests (unsupported) or change flights for 6 years as well if the eyes you're after are not your flight's.

Newbie in the future? Guess your progen's eyes are stuck with common.

Old player? Guess you have to spend millions of treasure to customize your irreplaceable old dragons, like progen kids, special IDs/birthdays, etc.

I agree that these items should be rare, but retiring them was a bad move. I like the suggestion of cycling them in once a year- therefore they will still be rare and expensive (look at the price of noc scrolls outside of NotN), but there will be new ones each year and as such they will never be completely depleted from the site.
I've been arguing for this for months and I still will. It simply isn't fair to make the eye vials unattainable like this.

Breeding project for new eyes? Have fun spending 6 years on that (which is what I'm currently doing). Maybe you will have to rent nests (unsupported) or change flights for 6 years as well if the eyes you're after are not your flight's.

Newbie in the future? Guess your progen's eyes are stuck with common.

Old player? Guess you have to spend millions of treasure to customize your irreplaceable old dragons, like progen kids, special IDs/birthdays, etc.

I agree that these items should be rare, but retiring them was a bad move. I like the suggestion of cycling them in once a year- therefore they will still be rare and expensive (look at the price of noc scrolls outside of NotN), but there will be new ones each year and as such they will never be completely depleted from the site.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I'd love this. The way the scattersight vials were handled is still one of the most frustrating things that has happened on the site, in my opinion. I felt at the time, and still feel now, that players were punished for liking their existing dragons.
I'd love this. The way the scattersight vials were handled is still one of the most frustrating things that has happened on the site, in my opinion. I felt at the time, and still feel now, that players were punished for liking their existing dragons.
This is a great idea. I don't think the vials should be permanently retired, especially since they're consumable items. If they are never again attainable, once they're gone they're gone, which would be very unfair to new players, or old players who are returning from a hiatus. They should be rare, not nonexistent.
This is a great idea. I don't think the vials should be permanently retired, especially since they're consumable items. If they are never again attainable, once they're gone they're gone, which would be very unfair to new players, or old players who are returning from a hiatus. They should be rare, not nonexistent.
IMG_8704.png
Big support, I'm too afraid to use my own scattervials.

Then again, the staff already announced that they would retire it. How is the threshold of "the staff can't keep their word" going to pass?
Big support, I'm too afraid to use my own scattervials.

Then again, the staff already announced that they would retire it. How is the threshold of "the staff can't keep their word" going to pass?
DVr1T7u.gifbUmF9X7.pngWCVwANe.gif
i think retiring scattervials is a terrible idea so i fully support this
i think retiring scattervials is a terrible idea so i fully support this
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29