Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Special Coliseum Venue: Seasons
1 2 3
@remuslupn

Couldn't have said it any better!

@MorganDanwell
Yeah, especially if the staff decides to revamp woodland path for this. Forest would be a perfect way to show four very different seasons, and it would also make it possible to add familiars such as spring & winter dryads!

Sure the art could take some time to make, but the staff doesn't need to make everything ready at one go. Just tackle it season at a time.
@remuslupn

Couldn't have said it any better!

@MorganDanwell
Yeah, especially if the staff decides to revamp woodland path for this. Forest would be a perfect way to show four very different seasons, and it would also make it possible to add familiars such as spring & winter dryads!

Sure the art could take some time to make, but the staff doesn't need to make everything ready at one go. Just tackle it season at a time.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
I would love a new venue, support
I would love a new venue, support
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
Bumping of any kind isn't allowed in the suggestions forum. (it is basically only allowed in the sales forums)

I still feel that this would be better off not following the real world seasons, as that would then help break the tie between the 'real world' and Sornieth time. Having a shorter 'Sornieth Seasons' would tie in closer to the idea that dragons only take 5 days to grow up, but are canonically supposed to live for very long times, which implies that their 'adolescent' stages should be much longer than humans (I know the five day bit is a mechanic because players wouldn't want to wait a year or more for dragons to grow up, or even longer than 5 days, but having shorter sornieth seasons would help tie in to that)
Bumping of any kind isn't allowed in the suggestions forum. (it is basically only allowed in the sales forums)

I still feel that this would be better off not following the real world seasons, as that would then help break the tie between the 'real world' and Sornieth time. Having a shorter 'Sornieth Seasons' would tie in closer to the idea that dragons only take 5 days to grow up, but are canonically supposed to live for very long times, which implies that their 'adolescent' stages should be much longer than humans (I know the five day bit is a mechanic because players wouldn't want to wait a year or more for dragons to grow up, or even longer than 5 days, but having shorter sornieth seasons would help tie in to that)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

It would be impossible to follow real-world seasons. Since seasons go differently depending on where you are. Not to mention winter = a lot of snow does not apply to many countries.

But since we do still have seasonal winds and vista's, it only would make sense if we also followed their cycle in this one coliseum venue.
@Jemadar

It would be impossible to follow real-world seasons. Since seasons go differently depending on where you are. Not to mention winter = a lot of snow does not apply to many countries.

But since we do still have seasonal winds and vista's, it only would make sense if we also followed their cycle in this one coliseum venue.
c1xnUU3.png
@Kahvinporo

It isn't impossible to follow real world seasons, as the seasonal attire and vistas do it. It just means that the staff have to decide WHICH seasons to follow, which is another reason to break the cycle. Most of these game companies are based in North America, which means they put their 'winter' stuff during the Southern Hemisphere's summer. This often causes issues where those players want to enjoy winter activities during their real world winter.

So, by breaking the link between the real world and Sornieth, this could help those players who don't want to be stuck in the same patterns. IE, players who are currently in 'winter' could have the opportunity to enjoy some 'summer' fun, while those who want to enjoy winter while they are IN winter could do so as well, as the cycling should be short enough to have all four season within one real world season.

Just because the seasonal winds and vistas follow real world cycles, doesn't mean everything else that cycles according to seasons does. I would rather that FR 'went their own way' and stopped following Real World seasons and created their own pattern, same as constellations and other things. I would rather FR made them 'their own' than just follow the same pattern as most other game sites I have seen (which is to follow real world stuff such as the zodiac and seasons etc...)

Sornieth is its own world, and so I feel should follow its own patterns and not any real world pattern.
@Kahvinporo

It isn't impossible to follow real world seasons, as the seasonal attire and vistas do it. It just means that the staff have to decide WHICH seasons to follow, which is another reason to break the cycle. Most of these game companies are based in North America, which means they put their 'winter' stuff during the Southern Hemisphere's summer. This often causes issues where those players want to enjoy winter activities during their real world winter.

So, by breaking the link between the real world and Sornieth, this could help those players who don't want to be stuck in the same patterns. IE, players who are currently in 'winter' could have the opportunity to enjoy some 'summer' fun, while those who want to enjoy winter while they are IN winter could do so as well, as the cycling should be short enough to have all four season within one real world season.

Just because the seasonal winds and vistas follow real world cycles, doesn't mean everything else that cycles according to seasons does. I would rather that FR 'went their own way' and stopped following Real World seasons and created their own pattern, same as constellations and other things. I would rather FR made them 'their own' than just follow the same pattern as most other game sites I have seen (which is to follow real world stuff such as the zodiac and seasons etc...)

Sornieth is its own world, and so I feel should follow its own patterns and not any real world pattern.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
I like this idea a lot, really.

I actually like the idea of having things you can only get for a limited amount of time that still cycle back in. It helps break up the monotony.
I like this idea a lot, really.

I actually like the idea of having things you can only get for a limited amount of time that still cycle back in. It helps break up the monotony.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
@Jemadar

I don't think it is necessary to give people a chance to enjoy winter activities during the winter or summer season. Or any other way like that. Also, by impossible, I meant to have a cycle that fits every inch of the world. Since winter is fastly different season even in the northern hemisphere.

I still do think that it would be best to just follow the vista & winds cycle since the cycle exists already. Yes, it would be ideal to have our own system in FR, but I don't think it is going to happen. So until there is a better one to follow, the seasonal venue should change every three months. It would add some change in the game. If the season changed every week/two weeks or so. It would get boring fast.

We need some variety in coliseum venues. Like Trix said, it would break up the monotony. And if it is just a single coliseum venue, it's not really that big of a deal if it follows the same pattern as vistas/winds.
@Jemadar

I don't think it is necessary to give people a chance to enjoy winter activities during the winter or summer season. Or any other way like that. Also, by impossible, I meant to have a cycle that fits every inch of the world. Since winter is fastly different season even in the northern hemisphere.

I still do think that it would be best to just follow the vista & winds cycle since the cycle exists already. Yes, it would be ideal to have our own system in FR, but I don't think it is going to happen. So until there is a better one to follow, the seasonal venue should change every three months. It would add some change in the game. If the season changed every week/two weeks or so. It would get boring fast.

We need some variety in coliseum venues. Like Trix said, it would break up the monotony. And if it is just a single coliseum venue, it's not really that big of a deal if it follows the same pattern as vistas/winds.
c1xnUU3.png
@Kahvinporo

No, it isn't necessary to give people a chance to enjoy those, but then again, the entire game isn't necessary. If we were going only by what is necessary, then we wouldn't have FR.

However, it would be *nice* and *different* to do things like that. I don't want FR to become another rubber stamp game, by following the same formulaic rules the other games have followed. I want FR to be unique, taking ideas from other games, but only if they fit in, and following their own rules.

Just because that is the only thing we have now, doesn't mean that has to be the only thing we ever have.

Also, unless the venue is updated a fair amount, I can guarantee that within one year it will be boring. Within two weeks, most players will have moved on to other venues until the season change. That is the problem with annual events in general. Unless they bring something new each time they come back, and in most cases more than simply new items, then they become boring fast. So, the idea that if the venues changed to fast, it would become boring isn't really relevant, because the venue will get boring within two weeks for most players until the season change, then within two weeks it will be boring again.

instead of it getting boring within say 3 months, it will be stretched out over a year, with players simply abandoning the venue for other venues (especially if this venue doesn't give experience) until the season change, in which case they will go back, then another two weeks they will abandon it again.

Basically, the venue is *going* to get boring. There is no helping that unless they are constantly updating it, putting new familiars and items in it and changing everything out every so often. It is just the nature of things.

So, using that to say that we can't change the cycle doesn't work, at least to me.

I agree we need variety in coliseum venues, but that also doesn't mean FR has to follow the seasons. Adding in a seasonal changing venue would bring variety whether the venue changed seasons every week or every year.

It isn't that big of a deal if it follows the winds, but on the flip side, it also isn't that big of a deal if FR decides to make it follow a different pattern.
@Kahvinporo

No, it isn't necessary to give people a chance to enjoy those, but then again, the entire game isn't necessary. If we were going only by what is necessary, then we wouldn't have FR.

However, it would be *nice* and *different* to do things like that. I don't want FR to become another rubber stamp game, by following the same formulaic rules the other games have followed. I want FR to be unique, taking ideas from other games, but only if they fit in, and following their own rules.

Just because that is the only thing we have now, doesn't mean that has to be the only thing we ever have.

Also, unless the venue is updated a fair amount, I can guarantee that within one year it will be boring. Within two weeks, most players will have moved on to other venues until the season change. That is the problem with annual events in general. Unless they bring something new each time they come back, and in most cases more than simply new items, then they become boring fast. So, the idea that if the venues changed to fast, it would become boring isn't really relevant, because the venue will get boring within two weeks for most players until the season change, then within two weeks it will be boring again.

instead of it getting boring within say 3 months, it will be stretched out over a year, with players simply abandoning the venue for other venues (especially if this venue doesn't give experience) until the season change, in which case they will go back, then another two weeks they will abandon it again.

Basically, the venue is *going* to get boring. There is no helping that unless they are constantly updating it, putting new familiars and items in it and changing everything out every so often. It is just the nature of things.

So, using that to say that we can't change the cycle doesn't work, at least to me.

I agree we need variety in coliseum venues, but that also doesn't mean FR has to follow the seasons. Adding in a seasonal changing venue would bring variety whether the venue changed seasons every week or every year.

It isn't that big of a deal if it follows the winds, but on the flip side, it also isn't that big of a deal if FR decides to make it follow a different pattern.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Jemadar

Eventually, all venues get "boring" once a large part of the users has found all familiars. Unless the venue drops unique apparel or is higher level venue, most users forget it after two weeks. I don't know whether it is a good idea to receive seasonal updates once the cycle starts out again. Since we don't really get a lot venue updates (where they only add 2-3 new familiars) anymore. It can be figured out later.

But I still do think following the three-months cycle of those winds & vistas would be the best option for this venue. One or two weeks would be way too short time, and even a month would be too short and kinda defeat the purpose of this venue. It would be confusing if this new seasonal themed thing would change at a different rate than the other counterparts.

Also even if the seasons would go like in the real world, it could still be made interesting and unique with the familiars themselves.
@Jemadar

Eventually, all venues get "boring" once a large part of the users has found all familiars. Unless the venue drops unique apparel or is higher level venue, most users forget it after two weeks. I don't know whether it is a good idea to receive seasonal updates once the cycle starts out again. Since we don't really get a lot venue updates (where they only add 2-3 new familiars) anymore. It can be figured out later.

But I still do think following the three-months cycle of those winds & vistas would be the best option for this venue. One or two weeks would be way too short time, and even a month would be too short and kinda defeat the purpose of this venue. It would be confusing if this new seasonal themed thing would change at a different rate than the other counterparts.

Also even if the seasons would go like in the real world, it could still be made interesting and unique with the familiars themselves.
c1xnUU3.png
Support!
Support!
1 2 3