Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Special Coliseum Venue: Seasons
1 2 3
[b]How this venue would work:[/b] Every three months the venues would be updated to fit the current season. This venue would follow the same cycle as the seasonal winds & vistas. The venue would have both unique artwork for each season and also some unique familiars for each season. It could be either a new venue, or we could revamp Woodland Path to fit this idea. I think this would be a great idea because you can find [i]autumn[/i] dryad from that venue. So possibly, dryad could be renamed summer dryad - spring dryad could be pink and winter dryad blue. Or just make a new venue for this. But I do think forest-themed venue would be best to showcase all the different seasons. --- [quote] I would support this, kinda, but seasons where? Which cycle would it mimic? This is an international game.[/quote] The seasons would either follow the seasonal-winds apparel cycle or maybe some kind of another system. I am aware that seasons go differently in different places of the globe. But since we do already have seasons-themed apparel and vistas, having one coliseum venue follow it wouldn't really hurt. [quote]I would still hate to have to wait 9 months to grind for seasonal variations of familiars. Or 9 months for the special Coli drop seasonal vista/apparel.[/quote] [quote] What makes NotN and most gem shop items slightly different is that, when they come around, usually there is no shortage of items for months afterwards. There would be no guarantee that would be the case here. (not to mention NotN, while it has all the stuff from the previous ones, also is more of a festival than cycling) I think I would personally prefer separate venues for the various seasons rather than needing to wait several months before they came back. Plus, this way, if, for some reason, one of the seasons was something a user couldn't grind, even though the stuff in it is what they want, they don't have to just skip that particular venue until the next season came.[/quote] 3 months is more than enough time to grind for the non-boss familiars in my mind, especially when there are many active swap threads when a new coliseum venue is released. They still could drop from chests too. I also really doubt that the familiars would be unreasonably priced in AH either. In my mind, it also doesn't hurt to have non-festival familiars that are a bit harder to get. [quote] As long as its a consistent cycle i could get behind this. Id suggest making it a lower level venue, that way its easier to grind through for more drops. Jemadar's idea with the seasons only lasting two weeks - one month each and cycling is nice too. I just think it would be a nice change of pace form our current stagnant coli venues.[/quote] Especially if we follow this suggestion by making it a low level venue. I'm open to the idea for making it less than 9-month wait, but I do think 2 weeks is a bit too short. Also defeats the purpose of seasonal coliseum venue.
How this venue would work: Every three months the venues would be updated to fit the current season. This venue would follow the same cycle as the seasonal winds & vistas. The venue would have both unique artwork for each season and also some unique familiars for each season.

It could be either a new venue, or we could revamp Woodland Path to fit this idea. I think this would be a great idea because you can find autumn dryad from that venue. So possibly, dryad could be renamed summer dryad - spring dryad could be pink and winter dryad blue.

Or just make a new venue for this. But I do think forest-themed venue would be best to showcase all the different seasons.

---
Quote:
I would support this, kinda, but seasons where? Which cycle would it mimic?
This is an international game.
The seasons would either follow the seasonal-winds apparel cycle or maybe some kind of another system. I am aware that seasons go differently in different places of the globe. But since we do already have seasons-themed apparel and vistas, having one coliseum venue follow it wouldn't really hurt.
Quote:
I would still hate to have to wait 9 months to grind for seasonal variations of familiars. Or 9 months for the special Coli drop seasonal vista/apparel.
Quote:
What makes NotN and most gem shop items slightly different is that, when they come around, usually there is no shortage of items for months afterwards. There would be no guarantee that would be the case here. (not to mention NotN, while it has all the stuff from the previous ones, also is more of a festival than cycling)

I think I would personally prefer separate venues for the various seasons rather than needing to wait several months before they came back. Plus, this way, if, for some reason, one of the seasons was something a user couldn't grind, even though the stuff in it is what they want, they don't have to just skip that particular venue until the next season came.
3 months is more than enough time to grind for the non-boss familiars in my mind, especially when there are many active swap threads when a new coliseum venue is released. They still could drop from chests too. I also really doubt that the familiars would be unreasonably priced in AH either.

In my mind, it also doesn't hurt to have non-festival familiars that are a bit harder to get.
Quote:
As long as its a consistent cycle i could get behind this. Id suggest making it a lower level venue, that way its easier to grind through for more drops. Jemadar's idea with the seasons only lasting two weeks - one month each and cycling is nice too. I just think it would be a nice change of pace form our current stagnant coli venues.

Especially if we follow this suggestion by making it a low level venue. I'm open to the idea for making it less than 9-month wait, but I do think 2 weeks is a bit too short. Also defeats the purpose of seasonal coliseum venue.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
If they never made this an independent venue, it would be an awesome revamp for the Woodland Path.
If they never made this an independent venue, it would be an awesome revamp for the Woodland Path.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
66MHIIb.png
I think it would be frustrating if I had to wait 9 months to grind for familiars and items I wanted, especially if those items wound up being used in Baldwin or Swipp.
I think it would be frustrating if I had to wait 9 months to grind for familiars and items I wanted, especially if those items wound up being used in Baldwin or Swipp.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
:D That sounds kinda cool.
Maybe the familiars could stay the same but have seasonal variations. Like the random familiars but instead of changing every refresh they change at the same time as the seasonal vistas/apparel.
:D That sounds kinda cool.
Maybe the familiars could stay the same but have seasonal variations. Like the random familiars but instead of changing every refresh they change at the same time as the seasonal vistas/apparel.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
[quote name="Cutiepaws" date="2018-11-13 07:34:23" ] I would support this, kinda, but seasons where? Which cycle would it mimic? This is an international game. [/quote] I would assume it would follow the same seasonal pattern the season collection does? http://flightrising.wikia.com/wiki/Seasons_Collection
Cutiepaws wrote on 2018-11-13 07:34:23:
I would assume it would follow the same seasonal pattern the season collection does? http://flightrising.wikia.com/wiki/Seasons_Collection

I would still hate to have to wait 9 months to grind for seasonal variations of familiars. Or 9 months for the special Coli drop seasonal vista/apparel.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-11-13 09:37:49" ] I would still hate to have to wait 9 months to grind for seasonal variations of familiars. Or 9 months for the special Coli drop seasonal vista/apparel. [/quote] It's no different than the Woodland Turkeys that cycle in the Coli every year though. And we have to wait a year for those. I like this idea, really gives some variation, and seasonal stuff is pretty nice. I know a lot of users who hype over just autumn/harvest stuff.
gemajgall wrote on 2018-11-13 09:37:49:
It's no different than the Woodland Turkeys that cycle in the Coli every year though. And we have to wait a year for those.

I like this idea, really gives some variation, and seasonal stuff is pretty nice. I know a lot of users who hype over just autumn/harvest stuff.
yzUX307.png
And at what point did I ever say I liked Woodland Turkeys as is? Or with how long it is between gem shop cycles?

No support.
And at what point did I ever say I liked Woodland Turkeys as is? Or with how long it is between gem shop cycles?

No support.
Pings are disabled.

I am of two minds about this. On the one hand, it is nice to have something to look forward to, however, on the other, I agree with gema that it can be frustrating to have to wait months before things cycle back in.

What makes NotN and most gem shop items slightly different is that, when they come around, usually there is no shortage of items for months afterwards. There would be no guarantee that would be the case here. (not to mention NotN, while it has all the stuff from the previous ones, also is more of a festival than cycling)

I think I would personally prefer separate venues for the various seasons rather than needing to wait several months before they came back. Plus, this way, if, for some reason, one of the seasons was something a user couldn't grind, even though the stuff in it is what they want, they don't have to just skip that particular venue until the next season came.

Either that, or instead of tying it to Earth's seasons, have a much shorter seasonal change. For instance, 4 seasons of Earth take 1 year. Maybe make the seasons of FR either one month, so that if you miss it one month, you always have a chance the next month, or slightly longer time frame (such as the seasons change every two weeks)

This would also help the international aspect of it. Since it would not be tied to Earth's seasons, it wouldn't matter if one hemisphere was in winter or summer, in a week or two, the season on FR would change.
I am of two minds about this. On the one hand, it is nice to have something to look forward to, however, on the other, I agree with gema that it can be frustrating to have to wait months before things cycle back in.

Either that, or instead of tying it to Earth's seasons, have a much shorter seasonal change. For instance, 4 seasons of Earth take 1 year. Maybe make the seasons of FR either one month, so that if you miss it one month, you always have a chance the next month, or slightly longer time frame (such as the seasons change every two weeks)

This would also help the international aspect of it. Since it would not be tied to Earth's seasons, it wouldn't matter if one hemisphere was in winter or summer, in a week or two, the season on FR would change.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3