Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Plague Coli Venue - Corrosive Flats
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
With Lightning getting their second coliseum venue (congrats, it looks RAD), I began to look at what all Flights had two elemental venues within the Coliseum, how many had just one, an' how many had none. By this time, all Flights technically have at least one venue to call their own. I say technically, because many Plaguelings refuse to call the Mire a representative of the Flight in the way of venues. An' even if you do, we've still only got one, while many Flights are steadily getting their second venue. We wondered - what sort of venue would Plague get that would be, well, Plague-y enough for our putrid tastes? An' so, with our collective screaming minds an' my scribbling talents, I bring to you all, our idea of a Plague venue for the Coliseum - the Corrosive Flats. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/7faa860b322e09cd3542376ab2587fb8.png[/img] The inspiration is the Fountain Paint Pots of Yellowstone National Park, as well as the salt flats of Bolivia (which has my favorite nickname of "Border Between Heaven an' Earth). I found trying to illustrate the paint pots fairly interesting in terms of utilizing the color scheme I find to be familiar with the springs while also keeping it "plaguey". From there, we had to populate the land with some critters. What lives in the deserts of the Plague lands? What can live in a land that pulses with the life of the Wyrmwound? We pulled inspiration from both desert creatures an' creatures that live near Yellowstone, just to keep with the theme. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/8b16b0df3b3f651da17c9f065e92a3f5.png[/img] [list=1][*]The boss of the venue, modeled after the Death's-Head Hawksmoth. A massive moth with a bitey face an' slicing forelimbs, its size would make any dragon take pause. [*]A Bactrian Camel-based creature, living in symbiosis with a fungus that grows all over its body. Its spit probably has spores. [*]When you mix a Maned Wolf, a Xolo dog, an' the idea of longer lived = more tails, a la bakeneko / kitsune. Fuzzy only on the mane an' the tailtips, they're pack hunters that travel long distances across the Wastes. [*]Honestly the idea was "Centipede meets Graboid" but all I did was manage to confuse myself, so have a many-legged boi [img]https://i.gyazo.com/04d32f489b0a048322797b5808f51fda.png[/img] [*]I can't remember the name of the really gross fungus that looks like an egg an' then splits open like an alien, but that was the idea behind this one. Plus the odd? Fungus critters of the Forgotten Cave. [*]Jerboa, but with a sharp butt. They're tiny an' hop everywhere. [*]This is what happens when I want to draw a wolverine, but I take its nickname "Skunk Bear" seriously. [*]Lastly, this is the caterpillar of the boss critter. Just a fuzzy sock with a few spines.[/list] Not gonna lie, I had a lot of fun scribbling all of these. Hopefully someday Flight Rising will give Plague a nice shiny slimy an' gross venue. 88V
With Lightning getting their second coliseum venue (congrats, it looks RAD), I began to look at what all Flights had two elemental venues within the Coliseum, how many had just one, an' how many had none. By this time, all Flights technically have at least one venue to call their own.

I say technically, because many Plaguelings refuse to call the Mire a representative of the Flight in the way of venues. An' even if you do, we've still only got one, while many Flights are steadily getting their second venue. We wondered - what sort of venue would Plague get that would be, well, Plague-y enough for our putrid tastes?

An' so, with our collective screaming minds an' my scribbling talents, I bring to you all, our idea of a Plague venue for the Coliseum - the Corrosive Flats.

7faa860b322e09cd3542376ab2587fb8.png

The inspiration is the Fountain Paint Pots of Yellowstone National Park, as well as the salt flats of Bolivia (which has my favorite nickname of "Border Between Heaven an' Earth). I found trying to illustrate the paint pots fairly interesting in terms of utilizing the color scheme I find to be familiar with the springs while also keeping it "plaguey".

From there, we had to populate the land with some critters. What lives in the deserts of the Plague lands? What can live in a land that pulses with the life of the Wyrmwound? We pulled inspiration from both desert creatures an' creatures that live near Yellowstone, just to keep with the theme.

8b16b0df3b3f651da17c9f065e92a3f5.png
  1. The boss of the venue, modeled after the Death's-Head Hawksmoth. A massive moth with a bitey face an' slicing forelimbs, its size would make any dragon take pause.
  2. A Bactrian Camel-based creature, living in symbiosis with a fungus that grows all over its body. Its spit probably has spores.
  3. When you mix a Maned Wolf, a Xolo dog, an' the idea of longer lived = more tails, a la bakeneko / kitsune. Fuzzy only on the mane an' the tailtips, they're pack hunters that travel long distances across the Wastes.
  4. Honestly the idea was "Centipede meets Graboid" but all I did was manage to confuse myself, so have a many-legged boi

04d32f489b0a048322797b5808f51fda.png
  5. I can't remember the name of the really gross fungus that looks like an egg an' then splits open like an alien, but that was the idea behind this one. Plus the odd? Fungus critters of the Forgotten Cave.
  6. Jerboa, but with a sharp butt. They're tiny an' hop everywhere.
  7. This is what happens when I want to draw a wolverine, but I take its nickname "Skunk Bear" seriously.
  8. Lastly, this is the caterpillar of the boss critter. Just a fuzzy sock with a few spines.

Not gonna lie, I had a lot of fun scribbling all of these. Hopefully someday Flight Rising will give Plague a nice shiny slimy an' gross venue. 88V
I'm back.
Supporting this so hard, this venue would be fun and awesome! 88V
Supporting this so hard, this venue would be fun and awesome! 88V
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Support! I really like the concept behind this and the fuzzy sock really got me. I'd love to collect those cute little sock caterpillars
Support! I really like the concept behind this and the fuzzy sock really got me. I'd love to collect those cute little sock caterpillars
pnSvVex.gif Oun6xWO.png
Sev | He/They | +15 FR | @ me
»About Me | Art Dump
»Art Shop | Art Resource
I support this for the floof sock and the spiky butt rabbit alone. The concept art looks quite awesome as well, for both the venue itself and the enemies!
I support this for the floof sock and the spiky butt rabbit alone. The concept art looks quite awesome as well, for both the venue itself and the enemies!
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
Support! I'm always down for a new venue, and this would be awesome for a plague one!
Support! I'm always down for a new venue, and this would be awesome for a plague one!
ring_clear_the_bells_of_ecruteak_fr_sig_size_by_arkinine-dck2tke.png
I adore the idea of another plague-flight themed venue and oh my dear lord, this is magnificent. You have outdone myself my friend.

First. I love the color scheme of the flats. Very red, but not too much that it drowns out everything else. Nice pull on the real-life location too.

My favorite out of all the critters has to be the wolf and/or the centipede.

Maybe, if you want to make another critter (and im just throwin ideas out here?) maybe a locust? Like. Pestilence-bringing locust? For the Plague????

But. Anyway. Wonderful job, I'm on the full support train, hope Plague gets a new venue soon
I adore the idea of another plague-flight themed venue and oh my dear lord, this is magnificent. You have outdone myself my friend.

First. I love the color scheme of the flats. Very red, but not too much that it drowns out everything else. Nice pull on the real-life location too.

My favorite out of all the critters has to be the wolf and/or the centipede.

Maybe, if you want to make another critter (and im just throwin ideas out here?) maybe a locust? Like. Pestilence-bringing locust? For the Plague????

But. Anyway. Wonderful job, I'm on the full support train, hope Plague gets a new venue soon
Selling Cheap Fodder ==> HERE
Looking for ==> THESE
WISHLIST
I support any plague venue that looks plague. The red-stained ground gives a diseased feel without the gore aspect that many people dislike. With the mire being the only plague venue taking place in the only part of plague that barely counts as plague (according to lore the wandering contagion grows around it) it would be really nice for at least 1 venue properly represent the flight.
I support any plague venue that looks plague. The red-stained ground gives a diseased feel without the gore aspect that many people dislike. With the mire being the only plague venue taking place in the only part of plague that barely counts as plague (according to lore the wandering contagion grows around it) it would be really nice for at least 1 venue properly represent the flight.
Yes, this looks SO good
Yes, this looks SO good
tumblr_inline_nwugynvqaL1t7d5o3_500.gifAK9GL0e.gif
[img]https://www.first-nature.com/fungi/images/phallaceae/clathrus-archeri1.jpg[/img] [color=green][i] Mutinus elegans[/i] perhaps?
clathrus-archeri1.jpg

Mutinus elegans perhaps?
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
[quote name="TheWhiteTigerGod" date="2018-11-05 18:21:41" ] I support this for the floof sock and the spiky butt rabbit alone. The concept art looks quite awesome as well, for both the venue itself and the enemies! [/quote] +1. Support!!!!
TheWhiteTigerGod wrote on 2018-11-05 18:21:41:
+1. Support!!!!
qXSwF3U.png233SM6q.png Jay (she/her)

Tortoiseshell Tea Haus (a hatchery)
The Foxfire Fortune Clan (a biolocke)

The Melting Pot
Baldwin Manufacturing Plant
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16