Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Lair Space suggestions
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
Obviously, support.

There's plenty of reasons to expand the lair cap for the normal lair. Especially considering they're adding 15 lair tabs? "Oh yeah we're going to allow up to 60 dragons per page, and 15 tabs, but you only get 200 spaces to split between them, sorry." It's just... silly. It'd be less so if lair tabs also applied to the hibernal den, maybe, but we don't know if they will or not - and we don't know what the cap of that will be either.

Plus, even though I don't breed dragons, many people do and I feel for those of you who don't have space to have all your breeding pairs. Money isn't an issue, keep making it incremental, cap it at 1.5m or 2m, it doesn't matter because most long-time players can make that much easily. Also if they don't allow the use of gene/breed/scatter/youth/whatever scrolls on dragons in the hibernal lair I'd be pretty annoyed, personally. Considering there's literally no reason not to allow that because you don't gain anything more from it than you do from dressing up a dragon in the hibernal lair with apparel.

There's more good and valid reasons, I'm sure. But this is probably worded terribly and all over the place since I'm pretty peeved. Oh well.

Long story short;
Is the hibernal lair a good addition? Yeah definitely.
Is it equivalent to a raised cap on regular/current lair space? Not even remotely.

There's no reason the old thread should've been deleted. I can understand why they'd remove questions/criticism about regular lair space in the update thread - fine, it's somehow unrelated - whatever. But removing a 70 page suggestion thread which was on topic for that thread for... what reason?? Anyways since I do get extremely irritated very quickly, I'll just leave it at that.
Obviously, support.

There's plenty of reasons to expand the lair cap for the normal lair. Especially considering they're adding 15 lair tabs? "Oh yeah we're going to allow up to 60 dragons per page, and 15 tabs, but you only get 200 spaces to split between them, sorry." It's just... silly. It'd be less so if lair tabs also applied to the hibernal den, maybe, but we don't know if they will or not - and we don't know what the cap of that will be either.

Plus, even though I don't breed dragons, many people do and I feel for those of you who don't have space to have all your breeding pairs. Money isn't an issue, keep making it incremental, cap it at 1.5m or 2m, it doesn't matter because most long-time players can make that much easily. Also if they don't allow the use of gene/breed/scatter/youth/whatever scrolls on dragons in the hibernal lair I'd be pretty annoyed, personally. Considering there's literally no reason not to allow that because you don't gain anything more from it than you do from dressing up a dragon in the hibernal lair with apparel.

There's more good and valid reasons, I'm sure. But this is probably worded terribly and all over the place since I'm pretty peeved. Oh well.

Long story short;
Is the hibernal lair a good addition? Yeah definitely.
Is it equivalent to a raised cap on regular/current lair space? Not even remotely.

There's no reason the old thread should've been deleted. I can understand why they'd remove questions/criticism about regular lair space in the update thread - fine, it's somehow unrelated - whatever. But removing a 70 page suggestion thread which was on topic for that thread for... what reason?? Anyways since I do get extremely irritated very quickly, I'll just leave it at that.

She/Her || FR +3
G1s For Sale
I am still not sure where it was said that Hibernal Den won't add any new spaces?

Reading through the announcement:
Quote:
As with its sister (the lair), the Hibernal Den will also have an Edit Mode, complete with tabs and pages, and you’ll be able to perform most of the same functions within. There are going to be a few differences:

To start off, all players will receive one (1) free Hibernal Den tab (their “main” tab), and five (5) free Hibernal Den slots (each slot accommodating one dragon).

So as far as I understand, it's 200 dragons in the lair + whatever will be the Hibernal Den cap? So technically, there will be a lair expansion, in the form of however many dragons could be moved to hibernation?
I am still not sure where it was said that Hibernal Den won't add any new spaces?

Reading through the announcement:
Quote:
As with its sister (the lair), the Hibernal Den will also have an Edit Mode, complete with tabs and pages, and you’ll be able to perform most of the same functions within. There are going to be a few differences:

To start off, all players will receive one (1) free Hibernal Den tab (their “main” tab), and five (5) free Hibernal Den slots (each slot accommodating one dragon).

So as far as I understand, it's 200 dragons in the lair + whatever will be the Hibernal Den cap? So technically, there will be a lair expansion, in the form of however many dragons could be moved to hibernation?
JQQ3Fjt.png
Personally, I'm pretty annoyed by the reaction to all this. Seriously, whether we'll EVER get more regular lair space is somehow off-topic on an announcement ABOUT the lair? HOW???

Anyway, as I said on the old thread, full support. I have so very few lair spaces left, it's making the game more stressful than fun for me. Every new gene that comes out I try not to like because it's not as if I get to own a dragon with it.

I was initially hopeful that with the addition of lair tabs we'd get a few more spaces too, but given their reactions to our asking, I'm not so sure now.
Personally, I'm pretty annoyed by the reaction to all this. Seriously, whether we'll EVER get more regular lair space is somehow off-topic on an announcement ABOUT the lair? HOW???

Anyway, as I said on the old thread, full support. I have so very few lair spaces left, it's making the game more stressful than fun for me. Every new gene that comes out I try not to like because it's not as if I get to own a dragon with it.

I was initially hopeful that with the addition of lair tabs we'd get a few more spaces too, but given their reactions to our asking, I'm not so sure now.
@Taarnfalk It doesn't feel like an outright "You wont get more, ever" but more of a "It doesn't mean you will get 15x60 pages of dragons". I suppose I am a stubborn one, but until they downright say "no" I have hope lol
@Taarnfalk It doesn't feel like an outright "You wont get more, ever" but more of a "It doesn't mean you will get 15x60 pages of dragons". I suppose I am a stubborn one, but until they downright say "no" I have hope lol
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I have semi-quit Flight Rising in terms of how active I am entirely because of this lair space issue. I just recently forced a lot of old pairs out because oh, hey, there’s MORE new genes that I need to get pairs of if I’m gonna make any good money in this game.

It’s not like I can just re gene old pairs, either; all these genes have different color highlights and don’t look like the same color when a certain gene is applied I.e. Pinstripe and Python.

So, naturally, I need a new pair if I want to have a decent selling and unique looking set of hatchlings, and I have to force our beloved dragons and just forget about them if I’m to be a successful hatchery. The market in this game wants what is new and unique, once it’s no longer new or unique, it gathers dust at the back of my lair. With that being said, I need to always strive for what’s new, and that happens so frequently. A breeding sites downfall is a pet cap, I truly am very sad about the recent update having zero word on actual lair expansion.

1. Let’s see I can throw my non breeding efficient Coliseum team into the H Den so I have room...wait no I can’t oops
2. Maybe perma babies can go there, but now they’re separated from the whole rest of my lair ? I’m gonna forget they exist
3. So, only unused, unviable, completely sentimental dragons can go into this Den without running into an issue. That feels like an issue.

All in all, I’m not convinced this will work until I see more word on it, or, maybe they talk about some actual lair size increase. I believe that there should be more actual space and this Den should have less limitations, if they refuse more space.
I have semi-quit Flight Rising in terms of how active I am entirely because of this lair space issue. I just recently forced a lot of old pairs out because oh, hey, there’s MORE new genes that I need to get pairs of if I’m gonna make any good money in this game.

It’s not like I can just re gene old pairs, either; all these genes have different color highlights and don’t look like the same color when a certain gene is applied I.e. Pinstripe and Python.

So, naturally, I need a new pair if I want to have a decent selling and unique looking set of hatchlings, and I have to force our beloved dragons and just forget about them if I’m to be a successful hatchery. The market in this game wants what is new and unique, once it’s no longer new or unique, it gathers dust at the back of my lair. With that being said, I need to always strive for what’s new, and that happens so frequently. A breeding sites downfall is a pet cap, I truly am very sad about the recent update having zero word on actual lair expansion.

1. Let’s see I can throw my non breeding efficient Coliseum team into the H Den so I have room...wait no I can’t oops
2. Maybe perma babies can go there, but now they’re separated from the whole rest of my lair ? I’m gonna forget they exist
3. So, only unused, unviable, completely sentimental dragons can go into this Den without running into an issue. That feels like an issue.

All in all, I’m not convinced this will work until I see more word on it, or, maybe they talk about some actual lair size increase. I believe that there should be more actual space and this Den should have less limitations, if they refuse more space.
Inactive
Call Me Cealy | #303930 | She / They | FR +3 | 23 | Taken
0c0e0ef6-4a87-4a85-b87a-d16f52d899fb.png
[quote name="luccamajere" date="2018-10-27 03:48:00" ] Personally, I'm pretty annoyed by the reaction to all this. Seriously, whether we'll EVER get more regular lair space is somehow off-topic on an announcement ABOUT the lair? HOW??? [/quote] I said much the same in the update thread, and my comment was deleted within MINUTES of posting. I mean, they are literally talking about adding more (Hibernal) slots, but asking about getting more (Regular) slots as well is “off topic.” :SIDE EYES: EDIT: And just HOW do they think people will react when they realize that users of the Hibernal Den effectively get five “free” (newly freed up) lairspaces, plus however many more Hibernal expansions they can purchase, while those who cannot/don’t want to use the Hibernal Den get...NOTHING. The backlash from that is going to make the furor over the eye update look like a genteel tea party in comparison.
luccamajere wrote on 2018-10-27 03:48:00:

I said much the same in the update thread, and my comment was deleted within MINUTES of posting. I mean, they are literally talking about adding more (Hibernal) slots, but asking about getting more (Regular) slots as well is “off topic.” :SIDE EYES:

EDIT: And just HOW do they think people will react when they realize that users of the Hibernal Den effectively get five “free” (newly freed up) lairspaces, plus however many more Hibernal expansions they can purchase, while those who cannot/don’t want to use the Hibernal Den get...NOTHING. The backlash from that is going to make the furor over the eye update look like a genteel tea party in comparison.
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
@Jussi they did answer but that got deleted too. . Not sure if I am allowed to quote the answer so yeah. .. [quote name="Cealygosa" date="2018-10-27 07:32:28" ] I have semi-quit Flight Rising in terms of how active I am entirely because of this lair space issue. I just recently forced a lot of old pairs out because oh, hey, there’s MORE new genes that I need to get pairs of if I’m gonna make any good money in this game. It’s not like I can just re gene old pairs, either; all these genes have different color highlights and don’t look like the same color when a certain gene is applied I.e. Pinstripe and Python. So, naturally, I need a new pair if I want to have a decent selling and unique looking set of hatchlings, and I have to force our beloved dragons and just forget about them if I’m to be a successful hatchery. The market in this game wants what is new and unique, once it’s no longer new or unique, it gathers dust at the back of my lair. With that being said, I need to always strive for what’s new, and that happens so frequently. A breeding sites downfall is a pet cap, I truly am very sad about the recent update having zero word on actual lair expansion. 1. Let’s see I can throw my non breeding efficient Coliseum team into the H Den so I have room...wait no I can’t oops 2. Maybe perma babies can go there, but now they’re separated from the whole rest of my lair ? I’m gonna forget they exist 3. So, only unused, unviable, completely sentimental dragons can go into this Den without running into an issue. That feels like an issue. All in all, I’m not convinced this will work until I see more word on it, or, maybe they talk about some actual lair size increase. I believe that there should be more actual space and this Den should have less limitations, if they refuse more space. [/quote] Well said! ! Im 99.9999999 % sure that I never will use the Hibernal Den. . I don't need a "closet " where i can shove my dragons in and never use them...
@Jussi they did answer but that got deleted too. . Not sure if I am allowed to quote the answer so yeah. ..

Cealygosa wrote on 2018-10-27 07:32:28:

Well said! ! Im 99.9999999 % sure that I never will use the Hibernal Den. . I don't need a "closet " where i can shove my dragons in and never use them...
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
If the Hibernal den is all we are getting then I see absolutely no reason to continue on here. I feel that the unwillingness to give a public answer means exactly that.
If the Hibernal den is all we are getting then I see absolutely no reason to continue on here. I feel that the unwillingness to give a public answer means exactly that.
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
the hibernal den is nice. i'm sure i'll use it in some capacity.

but it's not lair space. it's not my lair. it's a trophy cabinet. they haven't even come to a conclusion whether or not they're going to let us use gene scrolls on hibernating dragons; what's the darn point? i can't store ungened gen1s there at the moment because i may not be able to gene them, and if i take them out to gene them, i have to wait an entire month before storing them again.

how are other players going to access my den? will there be a button in my lair to switch over? are people going to even pay attention to the den unless i make a big note in my profile saying "PLS LOOK AT MY TROPHIES IN THE DEN"?

if nobody's going to even look at it or easily be able to access it, what's the point? and if it is easily accessible from the lair, why even add it at all - why not just add more actual space?

this lair space issue frustrates me. i cannot breed dragons. i cannot collect new ones without exalting a gened gen1, a sentimental OC dragon, or a fully-dressed + accent perma. i keep my lair fed, i have multiple level 25s, i throw money at artists because i have little to nothing left to spend it on (and roundsey is absurd).

what are my options here? i can't do anything to play the game. i can't breed or purchase new dragons, with new genes or eyes, i can't do anything i love about fr. i don't care how expensive expansions would be, or how much food my dragons would eat in a day. just pleaaase let me have more dragons!

also the fact that the old thread was deleted was terrifying. literal months of discussion were wiped without a second thought or motion and that's honestly horrible. at least lock the thread and delete offending posts if you feel it got out of hand... don't erase players' months-long discussions on a vital part of the site.
the hibernal den is nice. i'm sure i'll use it in some capacity.

but it's not lair space. it's not my lair. it's a trophy cabinet. they haven't even come to a conclusion whether or not they're going to let us use gene scrolls on hibernating dragons; what's the darn point? i can't store ungened gen1s there at the moment because i may not be able to gene them, and if i take them out to gene them, i have to wait an entire month before storing them again.

how are other players going to access my den? will there be a button in my lair to switch over? are people going to even pay attention to the den unless i make a big note in my profile saying "PLS LOOK AT MY TROPHIES IN THE DEN"?

if nobody's going to even look at it or easily be able to access it, what's the point? and if it is easily accessible from the lair, why even add it at all - why not just add more actual space?

this lair space issue frustrates me. i cannot breed dragons. i cannot collect new ones without exalting a gened gen1, a sentimental OC dragon, or a fully-dressed + accent perma. i keep my lair fed, i have multiple level 25s, i throw money at artists because i have little to nothing left to spend it on (and roundsey is absurd).

what are my options here? i can't do anything to play the game. i can't breed or purchase new dragons, with new genes or eyes, i can't do anything i love about fr. i don't care how expensive expansions would be, or how much food my dragons would eat in a day. just pleaaase let me have more dragons!

also the fact that the old thread was deleted was terrifying. literal months of discussion were wiped without a second thought or motion and that's honestly horrible. at least lock the thread and delete offending posts if you feel it got out of hand... don't erase players' months-long discussions on a vital part of the site.
NY105Sx.gif
@Pyatiugolnik Im sooo sad that all 70 pages is gone too.. just poof.. I dont remember the names of those who posted and sadly have not saved it anywhere else.. and yeah I agree with the fact that the Hibernal den is just a trophy cage...

I just want more dragons.. please please let me have more dragons.. and not stuffed in a trophy cage..
@Pyatiugolnik Im sooo sad that all 70 pages is gone too.. just poof.. I dont remember the names of those who posted and sadly have not saved it anywhere else.. and yeah I agree with the fact that the Hibernal den is just a trophy cage...

I just want more dragons.. please please let me have more dragons.. and not stuffed in a trophy cage..
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29