Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Lair Space suggestions
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
Given the current announcement combine with the old lair thread no longer being able to be found, I felt it was important to continue the discussion and suggestions going.

I have seen the following suggestions pop up.

1. A steady, yearly increase of non storage lair space
2. the complete removal of the lair cap
3. As well as no more lair space

please give me your views and any other ideas about dealing with space issues, personally I would like to see a steady small increase on a yearly basis
Given the current announcement combine with the old lair thread no longer being able to be found, I felt it was important to continue the discussion and suggestions going.

I have seen the following suggestions pop up.

1. A steady, yearly increase of non storage lair space
2. the complete removal of the lair cap
3. As well as no more lair space

please give me your views and any other ideas about dealing with space issues, personally I would like to see a steady small increase on a yearly basis
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
Lets see if I can post here :P

I vote for both 1 and 2 as the thought of having no more lairspace makes me both sad and frustrated.

I have no use for a Hibernal Den. I dont want to store my dragons in a "freezer". I want to freely breed and rearrange them the way I want.

Please please let us collect dragons.. There are MANY of us who dont feel the Hibernal Den is any solution to us.. It is a game about COLLECTING dragons.. so let those of us who have no problems feeding our dragons and paying for lairsspace do it.. please.

Open registration proves that space is not a problem... I rather have closed registration with few openings and endless lairspace tbh :/
Lets see if I can post here :P

I vote for both 1 and 2 as the thought of having no more lairspace makes me both sad and frustrated.

I have no use for a Hibernal Den. I dont want to store my dragons in a "freezer". I want to freely breed and rearrange them the way I want.

Please please let us collect dragons.. There are MANY of us who dont feel the Hibernal Den is any solution to us.. It is a game about COLLECTING dragons.. so let those of us who have no problems feeding our dragons and paying for lairsspace do it.. please.

Open registration proves that space is not a problem... I rather have closed registration with few openings and endless lairspace tbh :/
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
Did the old lair space thread get deleted? D: Why?

Anyway, I absolutely support raising the lair cap! Maybe bump it up by 100 slots a year, or something like that? I only have about 70 permas, but I feel awful for the users who have been stuck at 200 dragons for the last 3 years... For a site that revolves around breeding and collecting your perfect clan, having a hard cap of 200 dragons seems silly. :(

It’s only going to become more of a problem as new genes, eyes, and maybe even breeds get added to the site. That’s going to be even more stuff that users with full lairs can’t fully enjoy. The Hibernal Den will be nice, yeah, but surely it wouldn’t hurt to add more regular lair space in the meantime, right?
Did the old lair space thread get deleted? D: Why?

Anyway, I absolutely support raising the lair cap! Maybe bump it up by 100 slots a year, or something like that? I only have about 70 permas, but I feel awful for the users who have been stuck at 200 dragons for the last 3 years... For a site that revolves around breeding and collecting your perfect clan, having a hard cap of 200 dragons seems silly. :(

It’s only going to become more of a problem as new genes, eyes, and maybe even breeds get added to the site. That’s going to be even more stuff that users with full lairs can’t fully enjoy. The Hibernal Den will be nice, yeah, but surely it wouldn’t hurt to add more regular lair space in the meantime, right?
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Sounds like there are already big changes wanted for Lairs, but in case nothing major changes for now, i'd like to suggest being able to organize things better by creating small groups (or alliances) of dragons inside the lair, for instance, various groups of a single male and female dragon i want to breed in the future. In case i forget about it, the premade "alliance" will remind me.
Sounds like there are already big changes wanted for Lairs, but in case nothing major changes for now, i'd like to suggest being able to organize things better by creating small groups (or alliances) of dragons inside the lair, for instance, various groups of a single male and female dragon i want to breed in the future. In case i forget about it, the premade "alliance" will remind me.
I'm for either of the two options. As long as we get more lair space, and preferably in a more predictable manner (no more waiting for 2+ years when they've been yearly before that...), I'm good with it.

But seriously, I wish they'd say something about space. Just... something.

But yes, more lair space, please. If the site can have open reg, we can get more lair space. Leaving a cap like this for as long isn't cool, especially after gene updates, the massive eye update, and so on..
I'm for either of the two options. As long as we get more lair space, and preferably in a more predictable manner (no more waiting for 2+ years when they've been yearly before that...), I'm good with it.

But seriously, I wish they'd say something about space. Just... something.

But yes, more lair space, please. If the site can have open reg, we can get more lair space. Leaving a cap like this for as long isn't cool, especially after gene updates, the massive eye update, and so on..
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I'd like to have more lair space and at a cheaper price. It's asking a lot, but I wonder what the point of the game is supposed to be if not to collect dragons to breed and sell? I'm not a game developer so I'm not certain how it would work, but I'd love to see the economy of the game restructured in a way that allows players to make enough treasure off of selling dragons to continue to steadily increase the amount they have.
I'd like to have more lair space and at a cheaper price. It's asking a lot, but I wonder what the point of the game is supposed to be if not to collect dragons to breed and sell? I'm not a game developer so I'm not certain how it would work, but I'd love to see the economy of the game restructured in a way that allows players to make enough treasure off of selling dragons to continue to steadily increase the amount they have.
I'm upset that the old thread is gone, it makes it feel like we aren't being listened to. As I've said time and again on that thread, all I want is more lair space. And if there is a site-mechanic reason why we can't have this, I would like to know what it is, because it's frustrating to keep saying WHY we want this thing and NOT know why we can't have it, when we are fully willing to pay for more lair slots, or deal with potential food shortages, or whatever.

I am mostly in the camp of a complete removal of the cap, though I can listen to reason if there's some mechanical issue why that can't happen. Barring that, sure, give me incremental cap increases, whatever it takes for more space. Aside from wanting to know the reasons for no more lair space, I want to know if there's anything that can be done about it. One theoretical explanation I have heard is that the coliseum can only load 200 dragons at a time - if so, why not have several pages of dragon selection in the coliseum? The devs have also said that feeding is an important reason for the den - why not improve the feeding system? My old suggestion for THAT was to be able to toggle on and off dragons and food types to feed. It's not like a dragon dies if it isn't fed. This isn't animal cruelty, this is a virtual pet site.

I know some people would get use out of the hibernal den, but to me it sorta seems like we're no longer dealing with living, breathing dragons, insofar as they're able to seem on a platform like this. And I get the sense that if there WERE no lair cap, there wouldn't even BE a discussion about having a hibernal den.

And also as I've said before, the reason I would not use the hibernal den is because my lair order is important to my lore - it's the order the dragons arrived in my lair, preserving the continuity of the clan. I don't trust the hibernal den not to mess around with this, and even if it lets me save the dragons' specific locations when I put them back, I'll still have them all out of order when ANY of them are in the den. Unless I what, put only the ones at the BACK of my lair in the den? But being the newest dragons, those are ones I would most likely want to breed, and then if they're in the den, I can't. I honestly feel like the hibernal den is a lot more complicated than just having more regular lair space.
I'm upset that the old thread is gone, it makes it feel like we aren't being listened to. As I've said time and again on that thread, all I want is more lair space. And if there is a site-mechanic reason why we can't have this, I would like to know what it is, because it's frustrating to keep saying WHY we want this thing and NOT know why we can't have it, when we are fully willing to pay for more lair slots, or deal with potential food shortages, or whatever.

I am mostly in the camp of a complete removal of the cap, though I can listen to reason if there's some mechanical issue why that can't happen. Barring that, sure, give me incremental cap increases, whatever it takes for more space. Aside from wanting to know the reasons for no more lair space, I want to know if there's anything that can be done about it. One theoretical explanation I have heard is that the coliseum can only load 200 dragons at a time - if so, why not have several pages of dragon selection in the coliseum? The devs have also said that feeding is an important reason for the den - why not improve the feeding system? My old suggestion for THAT was to be able to toggle on and off dragons and food types to feed. It's not like a dragon dies if it isn't fed. This isn't animal cruelty, this is a virtual pet site.

I know some people would get use out of the hibernal den, but to me it sorta seems like we're no longer dealing with living, breathing dragons, insofar as they're able to seem on a platform like this. And I get the sense that if there WERE no lair cap, there wouldn't even BE a discussion about having a hibernal den.

And also as I've said before, the reason I would not use the hibernal den is because my lair order is important to my lore - it's the order the dragons arrived in my lair, preserving the continuity of the clan. I don't trust the hibernal den not to mess around with this, and even if it lets me save the dragons' specific locations when I put them back, I'll still have them all out of order when ANY of them are in the den. Unless I what, put only the ones at the BACK of my lair in the den? But being the newest dragons, those are ones I would most likely want to breed, and then if they're in the den, I can't. I honestly feel like the hibernal den is a lot more complicated than just having more regular lair space.
I will always support more regular lair space, because I don't like having a cap of how many permanent dragons I can own if I want to reserve space for non-permanent dragons (such as exalt fodder which I level to make dragon cash so I can dress and gene my permas and give them art). With regards to the issue of the coliseum only being able to load 200 dragons at a time, it would be great if we could have a toggle to opt-out dragons from our lair from being able to participate in coli.
I will always support more regular lair space, because I don't like having a cap of how many permanent dragons I can own if I want to reserve space for non-permanent dragons (such as exalt fodder which I level to make dragon cash so I can dress and gene my permas and give them art). With regards to the issue of the coliseum only being able to load 200 dragons at a time, it would be great if we could have a toggle to opt-out dragons from our lair from being able to participate in coli.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="JonTargaryen" date="2018-10-26 15:59:46" ] I will always support more regular lair space, because I don't like having a cap of how many permanent dragons I can own if I want to reserve space for non-permanent dragons (such as exalt fodder which I level to make dragon cash so I can dress and gene my permas and give them art). With regards to the issue of the coliseum only being able to load 200 dragons at a time, it would be great if we could have a toggle to opt-out dragons from our lair from being able to participate in coli. [/quote] I was actually thinking about this and thought of something different. We are going to be able to organize our dragons by lair tab. Previously, all the 'remove dragons from breeding/coliseum' suggestions were either items or doing it individually. However, what if, instead, we could designate lair tabs as non-breeders and non-fighters. While I know that hibernal den is going to have that functionality, there are times I don't particularly want to wait 30 days before I can readd a dragon. I might want to breed a dragon, then once it goes off cooldown (which can be 15 days), I want to remove it from breeding. Or I might want to breed dragons I don't want to fight. (which is the case, none of my 'breeders' are fighters, and so I wish they would stop showing up because it confuses me when I am trying to find the next fodder dragon to train. I don't breed often, mainly because I am very slow at leveling the fodder dragons, so having my fighters not show up in the breeding list isn't that important, but still would be nice)
JonTargaryen wrote on 2018-10-26 15:59:46:
I was actually thinking about this and thought of something different.

We are going to be able to organize our dragons by lair tab. Previously, all the 'remove dragons from breeding/coliseum' suggestions were either items or doing it individually.

However, what if, instead, we could designate lair tabs as non-breeders and non-fighters.

While I know that hibernal den is going to have that functionality, there are times I don't particularly want to wait 30 days before I can readd a dragon. I might want to breed a dragon, then once it goes off cooldown (which can be 15 days), I want to remove it from breeding. Or I might want to breed dragons I don't want to fight. (which is the case, none of my 'breeders' are fighters, and so I wish they would stop showing up because it confuses me when I am trying to find the next fodder dragon to train. I don't breed often, mainly because I am very slow at leveling the fodder dragons, so having my fighters not show up in the breeding list isn't that important, but still would be nice)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Taarnfalk

Aw man. I was looking for your thread this morning too. I'm a little disturbed that it's missing because the question of whether the cap for regular lair space would be increased was not among the information given in the update, and your post was not answered in the thread.

I still absolutely want regular lair space. Will we be able to buy 200 hibernation slots like the regular lair cap? If everyone could potentially have 400 filled spaces why wouldn't we have just gotten a cap raise.

Am thrilled that the bio boxes and apparel can be edited while in hibernation, and that familiars would be visible, but there are still issues.

I feel like one thing can make a whole lot unbalanced. For example, being unable to bond with familiars in hibernation while having a rigid lair order... I don't want to screw up my lair order if someone is paired with an unawakened familiar, because then they can't hibernate or bonding doesn't progress, and if they don't move their mate can't, and then the whole arrangement of the lair page they're on couldn't be hibernated or it'd get messed up. Another example, the majority of my lair is level 25, certain teams are not in close proximity. If one piece of a team is on a page that is otherwise ok to hibernate to preserve it/free up regular lair space, another would need to be built, or the team isn't useable.

With being able to change how many dragons in a row and rows per page, well, after having to adjust to the original page increase from 3 rows of 5 to 4, I don't even want to alter the page display. My lair is designed for exactly 20 dragons per page now. Any more or less it's gonna look off. It's balanced with a certain collection of colors and number of breeds per page.

I'm sure a lot of this will be exciting and utilized by a lot of people. The only thing I feel positively about in that announcement is the achievement revamp.

More regular lair space please.
@Taarnfalk

Aw man. I was looking for your thread this morning too. I'm a little disturbed that it's missing because the question of whether the cap for regular lair space would be increased was not among the information given in the update, and your post was not answered in the thread.

I still absolutely want regular lair space. Will we be able to buy 200 hibernation slots like the regular lair cap? If everyone could potentially have 400 filled spaces why wouldn't we have just gotten a cap raise.

Am thrilled that the bio boxes and apparel can be edited while in hibernation, and that familiars would be visible, but there are still issues.

I feel like one thing can make a whole lot unbalanced. For example, being unable to bond with familiars in hibernation while having a rigid lair order... I don't want to screw up my lair order if someone is paired with an unawakened familiar, because then they can't hibernate or bonding doesn't progress, and if they don't move their mate can't, and then the whole arrangement of the lair page they're on couldn't be hibernated or it'd get messed up. Another example, the majority of my lair is level 25, certain teams are not in close proximity. If one piece of a team is on a page that is otherwise ok to hibernate to preserve it/free up regular lair space, another would need to be built, or the team isn't useable.

With being able to change how many dragons in a row and rows per page, well, after having to adjust to the original page increase from 3 rows of 5 to 4, I don't even want to alter the page display. My lair is designed for exactly 20 dragons per page now. Any more or less it's gonna look off. It's balanced with a certain collection of colors and number of breeds per page.

I'm sure a lot of this will be exciting and utilized by a lot of people. The only thing I feel positively about in that announcement is the achievement revamp.

More regular lair space please.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29