Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Foresee Progeny Idea
1 2 3
Today I was looking at the offspring possibilities of two of my dergs and I thought of something. Their offspring would have blue eyes if they hatch in my lair and I think they would look better with earth eyes, but I am unable to view them with earth eyes until they'd hatch from a earth nest rental. So what if there could be an option to preview different colour/flight eyes on the hatchling possibilities in the comfort of your own lair? Like the drop down list in the Predict Morphology section where you can choose the derg's eyes. I mean people rent and host nests all the time :) [img]https://i.imgur.com/rRazJb8.jpg[/img]
Today I was looking at the offspring possibilities of two of my dergs and I thought of something. Their offspring would have blue eyes if they hatch in my lair and I think they would look better with earth eyes, but I am unable to view them with earth eyes until they'd hatch from a earth nest rental. So what if there could be an option to preview different colour/flight eyes on the hatchling possibilities in the comfort of your own lair? Like the drop down list in the Predict Morphology section where you can choose the derg's eyes. I mean people rent and host nests all the time :)

rRazJb8.jpg
Support! I can also see this being useful for people considering flight changes, I know that if I were to change flights, I'd like to see how my pairs would look with new eyes so I could make a good flight change decision!
Support! I can also see this being useful for people considering flight changes, I know that if I were to change flights, I'd like to see how my pairs would look with new eyes so I could make a good flight change decision!
jCVhFoZ.gif
i support! that'd be a really useful feature, considering i co-own a hatchery!
i support! that'd be a really useful feature, considering i co-own a hatchery!
580.png 1167.png 5917.png 12733.pngDOTj3Yy.png
hatchery ♥ clan lore ♥ coli challenge ♥ dream dragons ♥ tim, he/they
My only reservation about this is that renting and hosting nests is not a site sanctioned action. I feel that by adding this ability, it would give the impression that it WAS a site sanctioned action, and be especially confusing to new players who don't realize that.

I feel that until we do get site sanctioned nest rentals/loans (or any way to breed for other colors and IF we do get them), I don't support this, as you can use the scrying workshop to preview the hatchlings with the right colored eyes (you just have to know the range and plug it in manually).

While there is a case for it being useful for changing flights, I don't really think that it would be useful for that many people, for that reason.

(yes, it would be useful for people who rent/loan nests and/or run hatcheries, but again, loaning dragons or renting nests isn't something the site sanctions)
My only reservation about this is that renting and hosting nests is not a site sanctioned action. I feel that by adding this ability, it would give the impression that it WAS a site sanctioned action, and be especially confusing to new players who don't realize that.

I feel that until we do get site sanctioned nest rentals/loans (or any way to breed for other colors and IF we do get them), I don't support this, as you can use the scrying workshop to preview the hatchlings with the right colored eyes (you just have to know the range and plug it in manually).

While there is a case for it being useful for changing flights, I don't really think that it would be useful for that many people, for that reason.

(yes, it would be useful for people who rent/loan nests and/or run hatcheries, but again, loaning dragons or renting nests isn't something the site sanctions)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Big support!
Big support!
JKDjx25.png xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxStarshrikes
I would really like this not just for wanting to rent nests from other flights, but for if someone is thinking about changing their flight.

If you're currently in, let's say, the Wind Flight and you have quite a few pairs that look good with Wind eyes, but you're thinking of maybe changing to maybe the Ice flight, you might want to see what your pairs look like with the different variations of the Ice eyes vs. the Wind eyes. It can help your decision in changing flights if you care about your pair's eye colors.
I would really like this not just for wanting to rent nests from other flights, but for if someone is thinking about changing their flight.

If you're currently in, let's say, the Wind Flight and you have quite a few pairs that look good with Wind eyes, but you're thinking of maybe changing to maybe the Ice flight, you might want to see what your pairs look like with the different variations of the Ice eyes vs. the Wind eyes. It can help your decision in changing flights if you care about your pair's eye colors.
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
[quote name="TrustRae" date="2018-10-24 06:57:01" ] I would really like this not just for wanting to rent nests from other flights, but for if someone is thinking about changing their flight. If you're currently in, let's say, the Wind Flight and you have quite a few pairs that look good with Wind eyes, but you're thinking of maybe changing to maybe the Ice flight, you might want to see what your pairs look like with the different variations of the Ice eyes vs. the Wind eyes. It can help your decision in changing flights if you care about your pair's eye colors. [/quote] And this is an amazing point! as a user mentioned, it's not a site wide love to have pairs made just to fit eyes, then shipping off for breeding. Sure, this tool may be used for it, but it really could help here. I'm thinking of traveling around! i wanna know if my kids will flat out flop under these eyes or if it'll not cause too big a change on them! (thus i'd need to rehome them to friends or something!)
TrustRae wrote on 2018-10-24 06:57:01:

And this is an amazing point! as a user mentioned, it's not a site wide love to have pairs made just to fit eyes, then shipping off for breeding. Sure, this tool may be used for it, but it really could help here. I'm thinking of traveling around! i wanna know if my kids will flat out flop under these eyes or if it'll not cause too big a change on them! (thus i'd need to rehome them to friends or something!)
TBD
support! i could find that really helpful
support! i could find that really helpful
ezgif.com-resize.gif
@MadameEponine
Can't you do that with scrying predictions though? By inserting the genes and picking the eye type there? Just something to consider ^^ It's a good idea but you can somewhat do that already :)
@MadameEponine
Can't you do that with scrying predictions though? By inserting the genes and picking the eye type there? Just something to consider ^^ It's a good idea but you can somewhat do that already :)
Untitled-2.pngVCwQOWU.gif8wW43T2.gif2pV6DWj.gif
@Catrisa You can, but it would be much quicker and get accurate offspring possibilities thanks to the foresee progeny, I see your point though :)
@Catrisa You can, but it would be much quicker and get accurate offspring possibilities thanks to the foresee progeny, I see your point though :)
1 2 3