Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Subscribe AND Fave threads, and find em!
As much of a pain as it may be to implement, I'd love to be able to choose between subscribing to a thread (favoriting and getting notifications when someone posts in it) and favoriting a thread (no notifications).

There are threads like guides and resources that I'd like to have easy access to without searching for them, but don't need constant updates for, especially since they aren't mine.

And for undisclosed reasons, bookmarking the thread in my browser isn't an option for me; FR already lists threads you're subscribed to, and it would be a lot better if the list had links to those threads instead of just the names of them.
As much of a pain as it may be to implement, I'd love to be able to choose between subscribing to a thread (favoriting and getting notifications when someone posts in it) and favoriting a thread (no notifications).

There are threads like guides and resources that I'd like to have easy access to without searching for them, but don't need constant updates for, especially since they aren't mine.

And for undisclosed reasons, bookmarking the thread in my browser isn't an option for me; FR already lists threads you're subscribed to, and it would be a lot better if the list had links to those threads instead of just the names of them.
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
Always support this bit: [quote]FR already lists threads you're subscribed to, and it would be a lot better if the list had links to those threads instead of just the names of them.[/quote] This isn't a big issue for me personally, thus I hadn't checked, but the first time I ran across a similar suggestion I was very surprised to discover that they're [b]not[/b] already links. It seems like very common-sense functionality. A list of 'favorited threads' (which you don't get notifications for) is an interesting idea too, although in the interim, I've seen many players use a dedicated dragon bio to store useful links, guides, etc.
Always support this bit:
Quote:
FR already lists threads you're subscribed to, and it would be a lot better if the list had links to those threads instead of just the names of them.

This isn't a big issue for me personally, thus I hadn't checked, but the first time I ran across a similar suggestion I was very surprised to discover that they're not already links. It seems like very common-sense functionality.

A list of 'favorited threads' (which you don't get notifications for) is an interesting idea too, although in the interim, I've seen many players use a dedicated dragon bio to store useful links, guides, etc.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
[quote name="Lara8" date="2018-10-22 20:09:49" ] A list of 'favorited threads' (which you don't get notifications for) is an interesting idea too, although in the interim, I've seen many players use a dedicated dragon bio to store useful links, guides, etc. [/quote] Ah that's true! I hadn't considered that, but on the other hand I do try to keep my bios clean (unless I obtain them with certain bios). It is a good middle ground, though.
Lara8 wrote on 2018-10-22 20:09:49:
A list of 'favorited threads' (which you don't get notifications for) is an interesting idea too, although in the interim, I've seen many players use a dedicated dragon bio to store useful links, guides, etc.

Ah that's true! I hadn't considered that, but on the other hand I do try to keep my bios clean (unless I obtain them with certain bios). It is a good middle ground, though.
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar