Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | IC/PC Threads Removed from Dragon Share
1 2 3
@FishyAeronaut

As long as the title reflects the suggestion it's all good.

Hmn. That prompted me to take a look at the sticky for this forum again. The line between "do not like" (and therefore do not bother posting) and "constructive discussion" is a fun thing.

Something I should keep in mind is the number of people who apparently have never been exposed to buyer/seller interactions beyond being the subject of advertising campaigns. People coming here may not know anything about selling at all so a IC/PC forum could be a sort of training wheels area before they hit Dragon Sales.
@FishyAeronaut

As long as the title reflects the suggestion it's all good.

Hmn. That prompted me to take a look at the sticky for this forum again. The line between "do not like" (and therefore do not bother posting) and "constructive discussion" is a fun thing.

Something I should keep in mind is the number of people who apparently have never been exposed to buyer/seller interactions beyond being the subject of advertising campaigns. People coming here may not know anything about selling at all so a IC/PC forum could be a sort of training wheels area before they hit Dragon Sales.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
[quote name="hat17" date="2018-10-22 17:19:15" ] ...Though personally I thought the answers we give in Help is sufficient enough?... [/quote] I think it is because there is a bleed over between price/interest checks and general pricing advice. Many people who make a price/interest check use them either interchangeable or at the same time, and want more that just pricing help- they want people to add to a pinglist for sales or auctions. general pricing advice is more what you see in help center, but not always...it's just not defined. Interest/price checks just sort of cropped up from seemingly nowhere, I remember in 2016 not seeing the terms much at all. So the help center answer of "pricing is subjective, and really that's probably fodder anyways" doesn't always work for people making the price/interest checks. Or maybe it does, because now that the terms exist more people are using them for their tailored purpose because it doesn't have a definition beyond what the name entails and people copying each other. Maybe someone makes an interest thread solely to get a pinglist for this cool gen one they hatched, but then someone else makes one for their first kinda pretty dragon. The latter could really go in help center...yes? No? I sure don't know. At least, that is the way I see it. This of course all leads back to where would these threads go? Sales is fine until you remember that a lot of people use them to set up auction ping lists, so could they go in auctions too? Sorry for rambling a little but this suggestion really got me thinking about what price/interest checks really are and why it's so hard for me to settle on them...
hat17 wrote on 2018-10-22 17:19:15:

...Though personally I thought the answers we give in Help is sufficient enough?...
I think it is because there is a bleed over between price/interest checks and general pricing advice. Many people who make a price/interest check use them either interchangeable or at the same time, and want more that just pricing help- they want people to add to a pinglist for sales or auctions. general pricing advice is more what you see in help center, but not always...it's just not defined. Interest/price checks just sort of cropped up from seemingly nowhere, I remember in 2016 not seeing the terms much at all. So the help center answer of "pricing is subjective, and really that's probably fodder anyways" doesn't always work for people making the price/interest checks. Or maybe it does, because now that the terms exist more people are using them for their tailored purpose because it doesn't have a definition beyond what the name entails and people copying each other. Maybe someone makes an interest thread solely to get a pinglist for this cool gen one they hatched, but then someone else makes one for their first kinda pretty dragon. The latter could really go in help center...yes? No? I sure don't know.

At least, that is the way I see it. This of course all leads back to where would these threads go? Sales is fine until you remember that a lot of people use them to set up auction ping lists, so could they go in auctions too?

Sorry for rambling a little but this suggestion really got me thinking about what price/interest checks really are and why it's so hard for me to settle on them...
@Nightwind
I’ll ask a mod about it then, since it would likely also help newbies figure out how selling dragons (among other things perhaps) works!

(I know I would’ve liked to have something like a “training wheels” type forum to see how buyer/seller interactions usually work - it would’ve helped out a lot since I spent months wondering why practically all the dragons I would breed would end up as fodder and only sell for ~5kT lol)
@Nightwind
I’ll ask a mod about it then, since it would likely also help newbies figure out how selling dragons (among other things perhaps) works!

(I know I would’ve liked to have something like a “training wheels” type forum to see how buyer/seller interactions usually work - it would’ve helped out a lot since I spent months wondering why practically all the dragons I would breed would end up as fodder and only sell for ~5kT lol)
tumblr_pfelvxLncO1v1smz2o1_r2_500.png
Soul, you got a point there. I didn't really see any IC/PC back in the old days, and they seem to pop up everywhere now. Not necessarily a bad thing since the posters do want/need some kind of help or a starting point for their dragons, but it gets repetitive and I've seen the same person posting in several different places just so they can get a second opinion (or just to get someone telling them that their dragons are worth something).

We really need a Mod's opinion on this one.
Soul, you got a point there. I didn't really see any IC/PC back in the old days, and they seem to pop up everywhere now. Not necessarily a bad thing since the posters do want/need some kind of help or a starting point for their dragons, but it gets repetitive and I've seen the same person posting in several different places just so they can get a second opinion (or just to get someone telling them that their dragons are worth something).

We really need a Mod's opinion on this one.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@/ACWN @/Gaia @/Almalythia @/Barbie @/JCStitches @/Madarakita @/ToxieToxie

(I wasn’t sure if I should ping just one mod or more, sorry if this is an inconvenience)

We’re wondering where Interest/Pricing Check threads should go, since they’re flooding the incorrect forum as of late... what are your opinions?
@/ACWN @/Gaia @/Almalythia @/Barbie @/JCStitches @/Madarakita @/ToxieToxie

(I wasn’t sure if I should ping just one mod or more, sorry if this is an inconvenience)

We’re wondering where Interest/Pricing Check threads should go, since they’re flooding the incorrect forum as of late... what are your opinions?
Support! When I think of Dragon Share, I think of showing off your pretties, or that one gene project that took forever to complete, not interest/price checks. I think of, and go to the Dragon Sales forum for those, first and foremost.
Support! When I think of Dragon Share, I think of showing off your pretties, or that one gene project that took forever to complete, not interest/price checks. I think of, and go to the Dragon Sales forum for those, first and foremost.
w7Z8MA5.png
@FishyAeronaut Since moderators are not involved in the decision-making process of FR, we can't really comment on this.
@FishyAeronaut Since moderators are not involved in the decision-making process of FR, we can't really comment on this.
@Gaia
Oh, so would this be a question better suited for an Admin?
@Gaia
Oh, so would this be a question better suited for an Admin?
@FishyAeronaut Admins do not comment on suggestions, so to not stifle the discussion.

If your question was not our thoughts on the suggestion, but rather what the correct forum currently is for Interest Checks and Price Checks; at the moment both the Help Center and Dragon Share forum is where they are commonly placed. :)
@FishyAeronaut Admins do not comment on suggestions, so to not stifle the discussion.

If your question was not our thoughts on the suggestion, but rather what the correct forum currently is for Interest Checks and Price Checks; at the moment both the Help Center and Dragon Share forum is where they are commonly placed. :)
@Gaia
Ah, okay! Thank you for the clarification!
@Gaia
Ah, okay! Thank you for the clarification!
1 2 3