Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Simple Natural Tertiary Genes
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Allstohel" date="2018-10-23 05:29:20" ] This 100% has my support! I'd love to have some more natural-looking dragons - one you could imagine seeing irl. Plus, if staff kept them simple like you suggest, and are open about these being lower-effort gene, it should help lower any disappointment felt if someone doesn't like it, and may relieve some of the pressure on the staff to pump out more complex genes by distracting people, thus the artists can take their time with the tricky genes. [/quote] One thing I think that this could also accomplish, if these were truly low effort (such as a simple blaze of color on the dragon's face, maybe not just a stripe, but one that encompasses their muzzle, for the dragons that are side view only) is that these could also be plentiful rarity. Thus, giving players a gene that can compete with basic, (and making basic seem even more of a regular gene rather than the absence of one) so that the players that like basic can still get some variety in their breeding pairs if they want. (as all other genes are very unlikely to show up against a basic gened dragon)
Allstohel wrote on 2018-10-23 05:29:20:
This 100% has my support! I'd love to have some more natural-looking dragons - one you could imagine seeing irl. Plus, if staff kept them simple like you suggest, and are open about these being lower-effort gene, it should help lower any disappointment felt if someone doesn't like it, and may relieve some of the pressure on the staff to pump out more complex genes by distracting people, thus the artists can take their time with the tricky genes.
One thing I think that this could also accomplish, if these were truly low effort (such as a simple blaze of color on the dragon's face, maybe not just a stripe, but one that encompasses their muzzle, for the dragons that are side view only) is that these could also be plentiful rarity. Thus, giving players a gene that can compete with basic, (and making basic seem even more of a regular gene rather than the absence of one) so that the players that like basic can still get some variety in their breeding pairs if they want. (as all other genes are very unlikely to show up against a basic gened dragon)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[color=indigo] Support! Most of the existing tertiary genes clash with most of the primaries/secondaries because of how busy they are, I would like genes like this! [quote]Support! I'd also love a tertiary that literally just coloured in the mane/spines/horns/extras like that, according to species. Sometimes you just want the tertiary colour to be visible without any overall change to the dragon's design/markings - sort of like underbelly but for the upper parts. [/quote] [color=indigo] I also love this idea, I'm a fan of accents that do this so it would be nice to have as a gene!
Support! Most of the existing tertiary genes clash with most of the primaries/secondaries because of how busy they are, I would like genes like this!

Quote:
Support! I'd also love a tertiary that literally just coloured in the mane/spines/horns/extras like that, according to species. Sometimes you just want the tertiary colour to be visible without any overall change to the dragon's design/markings - sort of like underbelly but for the upper parts.

I also love this idea, I'm a fan of accents that do this so it would be nice to have as a gene!
jCVhFoZ.gif
I fully support this, I would love more simple genes in general, not just tertiary. Anyway these are really good terts and I'd like to see them implemented!
I fully support this, I would love more simple genes in general, not just tertiary. Anyway these are really good terts and I'd like to see them implemented!
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Please and thank you.

This is something I've been talking about, asking for, and hoping will finally happen for years. Just more little things like that hood or socks, and medium things that limit their markings to an area rather than having a bit of clutter everywhere like ringlets.
Please and thank you.

This is something I've been talking about, asking for, and hoping will finally happen for years. Just more little things like that hood or socks, and medium things that limit their markings to an area rather than having a bit of clutter everywhere like ringlets.
support! i'd really love for there to be less busy terts and i'm all for more natural / animal-looking ones
support! i'd really love for there to be less busy terts and i'm all for more natural / animal-looking ones
The eyes of Lio Fotia and Galo Thymos from Promare in official art by Hiroyuki Imaishi staring dramatically past the viewer. There is a ball of fire in their colors (blue, pink, and white) between them
Support! I'd like some simpler terts to and definitely more terts that just affect the wings. I'd like some kind of tabby tert just so I can make a kitty dragon XD
Support! I'd like some simpler terts to and definitely more terts that just affect the wings. I'd like some kind of tabby tert just so I can make a kitty dragon XD
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
I support this, especially since I am trying to make a gene that looks a bit like the black on the tri-colored corgi, probably a primary or tert
I support this, especially since I am trying to make a gene that looks a bit like the black on the tri-colored corgi, probably a primary or tert
https://imgur.com/rv3YbWH.png https://imgur.com/q7fPxR2.png
W95DLKk.png art by Helbram
1E8JFs6.png [img][/img]nvsyV.gif
I like really weird terts personally, but I'd love to see some more simple ones that would be easy to put on more complicated primaries.
I like really weird terts personally, but I'd love to see some more simple ones that would be easy to put on more complicated primaries.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Support
Support
[quote name="luccamajere" date="2018-10-22 05:04:36" ] [quote name="DragonDraws" date="2018-10-22 03:26:00" ] I really wish we had more terts that are wing-exclusive. We have multiple terts which only affect the main body, but nothing at all so far that only affects the wings. It's a wasted opportunity imo, there's so much space to use there. I mean, there's a reason accent artists love breeds with big wings. [/quote] This is 100% what I came into this thread to suggest. SO MANY tertiaries, especially a lot of the simpler ones (runes, capsule/ub/glim, okapi) ONLY affect the body. Give me a simpler tert that mostly only affects the wings! And PLEASE some terts that don't touch the head. Way too many of them do. [/quote] To make a note on this, I was really happy to see peacock be almost entirely wing exclusive! It's not quite as simple as what I've been calling for, but it certainly a step in the right direction. Hopefully some day we'll get a gene which really is wing only, because there's still not a single gene like that currently.
luccamajere wrote on 2018-10-22 05:04:36:
DragonDraws wrote on 2018-10-22 03:26:00:
I really wish we had more terts that are wing-exclusive. We have multiple terts which only affect the main body, but nothing at all so far that only affects the wings. It's a wasted opportunity imo, there's so much space to use there. I mean, there's a reason accent artists love breeds with big wings.

This is 100% what I came into this thread to suggest. SO MANY tertiaries, especially a lot of the simpler ones (runes, capsule/ub/glim, okapi) ONLY affect the body. Give me a simpler tert that mostly only affects the wings! And PLEASE some terts that don't touch the head. Way too many of them do.

To make a note on this, I was really happy to see peacock be almost entirely wing exclusive! It's not quite as simple as what I've been calling for, but it certainly a step in the right direction. Hopefully some day we'll get a gene which really is wing only, because there's still not a single gene like that currently.
LogoL.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
1 2 3 4 5