Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Simple Natural Tertiary Genes
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="smalllilbird" date="2018-10-21 07:59:00" ] support! I love petals/butterfly, but I can't find a tertiary that compliments it well without covering the stomach [/quote] Exactly! Personally I don't mind covering the belly most the time (yknow, what with my fave being capsule) but there's a lot that do, and that isn't to everyone's tastes. I really wish we had more terts that are wing-exclusive. We have multiple terts which only affect the main body, but nothing at all so far that only affects the wings. It's a wasted opportunity imo, there's so much space to use there. I mean, there's a reason accent artists love breeds with big wings.
smalllilbird wrote on 2018-10-21 07:59:00:
support! I love petals/butterfly, but I can't find a tertiary that compliments it well without covering the stomach

Exactly! Personally I don't mind covering the belly most the time (yknow, what with my fave being capsule) but there's a lot that do, and that isn't to everyone's tastes.

I really wish we had more terts that are wing-exclusive. We have multiple terts which only affect the main body, but nothing at all so far that only affects the wings. It's a wasted opportunity imo, there's so much space to use there. I mean, there's a reason accent artists love breeds with big wings.
LogoL.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
[quote name="DragonDraws" date="2018-10-22 03:26:00" ] I really wish we had more terts that are wing-exclusive. We have multiple terts which only affect the main body, but nothing at all so far that only affects the wings. It's a wasted opportunity imo, there's so much space to use there. I mean, there's a reason accent artists love breeds with big wings. [/quote] This is 100% what I came into this thread to suggest. SO MANY tertiaries, especially a lot of the simpler ones (runes, capsule/ub/glim, okapi) ONLY affect the body. Give me a simpler tert that mostly only affects the wings! And PLEASE some terts that don't touch the head. Way too many of them do.
DragonDraws wrote on 2018-10-22 03:26:00:
I really wish we had more terts that are wing-exclusive. We have multiple terts which only affect the main body, but nothing at all so far that only affects the wings. It's a wasted opportunity imo, there's so much space to use there. I mean, there's a reason accent artists love breeds with big wings.

This is 100% what I came into this thread to suggest. SO MANY tertiaries, especially a lot of the simpler ones (runes, capsule/ub/glim, okapi) ONLY affect the body. Give me a simpler tert that mostly only affects the wings! And PLEASE some terts that don't touch the head. Way too many of them do.
Support!!! Someone suggested blaze, maybe something like in horses, where you have a face marking + socks on the legs?
Support!!! Someone suggested blaze, maybe something like in horses, where you have a face marking + socks on the legs?
I was always disappointed that piebaldism was worked in as a primary/secondary pair of genes instead of a tertiary. I think that would be a great place to start- appy markings, as someone suggested, would be delightful. Tinge the 'white' portions slightly with the tertiary color and make the spots approach full opacity.
A simple, sharp version of points would work great with genes like pinstripe and cherub. No fancy gradients, just mask, stockings, and tail tip.
Or how about streaks of the tertiary in tasteful accent places, drawn to match fur/feather/scale accordingly? I love unobtrusive tertiaries that just add pops of color. A more natural counterpart to firefly would be very welcome. Brindling could work for this effect!
I was always disappointed that piebaldism was worked in as a primary/secondary pair of genes instead of a tertiary. I think that would be a great place to start- appy markings, as someone suggested, would be delightful. Tinge the 'white' portions slightly with the tertiary color and make the spots approach full opacity.
A simple, sharp version of points would work great with genes like pinstripe and cherub. No fancy gradients, just mask, stockings, and tail tip.
Or how about streaks of the tertiary in tasteful accent places, drawn to match fur/feather/scale accordingly? I love unobtrusive tertiaries that just add pops of color. A more natural counterpart to firefly would be very welcome. Brindling could work for this effect!
r63jyAi.png
[quote name="nekosysteme" date="2018-10-22 14:28:11" ] Support!!! Someone suggested blaze, maybe something like in horses, where you have a face marking + socks on the legs? [/quote] Personally, I would very much prefer these to be two separate genes. I don't always want a face marking to affect the legs, nor do I want leg markings to affect the face. That is one of my biggest gripes with many existing terts, they look gorgeous, except they affect either the head in a way I dislike or they add solid color to the feet. So, I feel that these two markings, which could be so beautiful, would be much more versitile separately.
nekosysteme wrote on 2018-10-22 14:28:11:
Personally, I would very much prefer these to be two separate genes.

I don't always want a face marking to affect the legs, nor do I want leg markings to affect the face.

That is one of my biggest gripes with many existing terts, they look gorgeous, except they affect either the head in a way I dislike or they add solid color to the feet.

So, I feel that these two markings, which could be so beautiful, would be much more versitile separately.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Full heckin support. I’ve been wanting more simple/natural looking genes like this ever since I joined this website 3 years ago. I’d love to see people come up with more ideas for these types of genes as well.
Full heckin support. I’ve been wanting more simple/natural looking genes like this ever since I joined this website 3 years ago. I’d love to see people come up with more ideas for these types of genes as well.
who up rising they flight
This has my complete support! I'd love simple, natural terts. I've often caught myself wondering why there isn't a gene that will simply give dragons sock markings. There is a lot of room for creativity too, with the variety of awesome natural markings that can be seen on animals such as cats, dogs, and horses.
This has my complete support! I'd love simple, natural terts. I've often caught myself wondering why there isn't a gene that will simply give dragons sock markings. There is a lot of room for creativity too, with the variety of awesome natural markings that can be seen on animals such as cats, dogs, and horses.
6ntc1cC.jpg
Support!! There honestly needs to be more Tertiary genes, especially based on real life animal markings (I love your Hood design! <3).
Support!! There honestly needs to be more Tertiary genes, especially based on real life animal markings (I love your Hood design! <3).
w7Z8MA5.png
Ohhh, please! Support! I'd also love a tertiary that literally just coloured in the mane/spines/horns/extras like that, according to species. Sometimes you just want the tertiary colour to be visible without any overall change to the dragon's design/markings - sort of like underbelly but for the upper parts.
Ohhh, please! Support! I'd also love a tertiary that literally just coloured in the mane/spines/horns/extras like that, according to species. Sometimes you just want the tertiary colour to be visible without any overall change to the dragon's design/markings - sort of like underbelly but for the upper parts.
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
This 100% has my support! I'd love to have some more natural-looking dragons - one you could imagine seeing irl. Plus, if staff kept them simple like you suggest, and are open about these being lower-effort gene, it should help lower any disappointment felt if someone doesn't like it, and may relieve some of the pressure on the staff to pump out more complex genes by distracting people, thus the artists can take their time with the tricky genes.
This 100% has my support! I'd love to have some more natural-looking dragons - one you could imagine seeing irl. Plus, if staff kept them simple like you suggest, and are open about these being lower-effort gene, it should help lower any disappointment felt if someone doesn't like it, and may relieve some of the pressure on the staff to pump out more complex genes by distracting people, thus the artists can take their time with the tricky genes.
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
1 2 3 4 5