Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | fix other genes first
1 2 3 4
Support. I love the newest set of genes, but I'd rather see some of the art errors fixed that have stopped me from buying certain colour/gene combos that I really want [b]for years[/b]. [quote name="Midorikage" date="2018-10-21 10:24:14" ] [quote name="Vianti" date="2018-10-20 23:05:39" ] Please FR, just fix the broken genes. :'< There's so many genes I actively avoid using in certain colors/on certain breeds because of problems with their artwork. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is iri/shim being "fixed" on new colors... mostly because it's been so long since they came out that I've gotten very used to and actually really like how vibrant and shiny they look. But with obvious errors like colors going out of the lines, missing sections of genes, obviously wrong color errors, and shading errors (like with ringlets) I hope they get fixed eventually. [/quote] [quote name="HazelBird02" date="2018-10-20 23:53:59" ] don't ever fix ultramarine seraph fix everything else but i love ultramarine seraph soley because of the solid black [i][tough in regard to this one, mist seraph on M ridges should be fixed, it's vastly different than just different coloring][/i] [/quote] Both of these Things like the different shading in iri-shim and different coloring on fem PC's phyton shouldn't be touched Some ppl got dragons, or plan to, [u]because[/u] of their quirky colorings But actual art errors? Please fix them It seems that every new gene has errors but anyway, I'm writing down here what I think are actual art errors that should be fixed - Genes that go outside the lines: - Contour on baby WCs (and some others I believe) - Underbelly on F bogs - Ghost on M ridges - Smirch on F nocs - Cherub on M nocs - Missing portions: - Okapi on baby guardians - Nails on most skydancers with jaguar - Runes on the horns of F tundras - The uncolored bit on mist seraph of M ridges - Current on M ridges - Lionfish on skydancers (gem and antennaes) - Possibly the eye-ridge of F tundras [i](unsure about this one, since it seems to be consistent on most genes and some ppl may like it)[/i] - Missing/misplaced shading/trasparency: - Noxtide on M nocs's frills - Ringlets on all breeds - The missing plate on iridescent M ridges - Other: - Seraph on M PCs (weird white line) - Capsule on M spirals [i](It's an art/perspective error, let's be honest, but this one is iffy bc some ppl do like it and used it on their dragons)[/i] There are probably more, please remind me if there are bc I want to add them in As for things I think should not get touched [b](A lot of ppl are fond of these and got the genes for their dragons especially because of them)[/b] - Ultramarine seraph on all breeds - Iri/shim on the new colors [i](tough I don't support "updating the shading on old colors either, same argument as above)[/i] - Phyton on F PCs - Alloy's highlights on fem nocs - Jaguar's underbelly on M PCs Again, there are probably more, I'll update if I remember of more [/quote] No, no, no. If it's an error it should be fixed. There may be some people who get dragons because of their quirks, but there's other people who want the dragons with the fixed colours/genes. Staff should rather release genes that do the all black markings or create an effect like the one Python has on f Pearlcatchers or whatever [i]on purpose[/i]. I want to be able to get my dream dragon in a specific colouration but I can't get it on my preferred breed because it's broken on that breed (Copper Runes) and I'm certain other people feel that way about some of the other art errors.
Support. I love the newest set of genes, but I'd rather see some of the art errors fixed that have stopped me from buying certain colour/gene combos that I really want for years.

Midorikage wrote on 2018-10-21 10:24:14:
Vianti wrote on 2018-10-20 23:05:39:
Please FR, just fix the broken genes. :'< There's so many genes I actively avoid using in certain colors/on certain breeds because of problems with their artwork.

The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is iri/shim being "fixed" on new colors... mostly because it's been so long since they came out that I've gotten very used to and actually really like how vibrant and shiny they look.

But with obvious errors like colors going out of the lines, missing sections of genes, obviously wrong color errors, and shading errors (like with ringlets) I hope they get fixed eventually.
HazelBird02 wrote on 2018-10-20 23:53:59:
don't ever fix ultramarine seraph
fix everything else
but i love ultramarine seraph soley because of the solid black

[tough in regard to this one, mist seraph on M ridges should be fixed, it's vastly different than just different coloring]

Both of these
Things like the different shading in iri-shim and different coloring on fem PC's phyton shouldn't be touched
Some ppl got dragons, or plan to, because of their quirky colorings

But actual art errors?
Please fix them
It seems that every new gene has errors
but anyway, I'm writing down here what I think are actual art errors that should be fixed

- Genes that go outside the lines:
- Contour on baby WCs (and some others I believe)
- Underbelly on F bogs
- Ghost on M ridges
- Smirch on F nocs
- Cherub on M nocs

- Missing portions:
- Okapi on baby guardians
- Nails on most skydancers with jaguar
- Runes on the horns of F tundras
- The uncolored bit on mist seraph of M ridges
- Current on M ridges
- Lionfish on skydancers (gem and antennaes)
- Possibly the eye-ridge of F tundras (unsure about this one, since it seems to be consistent on most genes and some ppl may like it)

- Missing/misplaced shading/trasparency:
- Noxtide on M nocs's frills
- Ringlets on all breeds
- The missing plate on iridescent M ridges

- Other:
- Seraph on M PCs (weird white line)
- Capsule on M spirals (It's an art/perspective error, let's be honest, but this one is iffy bc some ppl do like it and used it on their dragons)

There are probably more, please remind me if there are bc I want to add them in

As for things I think should not get touched (A lot of ppl are fond of these and got the genes for their dragons especially because of them)

- Ultramarine seraph on all breeds
- Iri/shim on the new colors (tough I don't support "updating the shading on old colors either, same argument as above)
- Phyton on F PCs
- Alloy's highlights on fem nocs
- Jaguar's underbelly on M PCs

Again, there are probably more, I'll update if I remember of more

No, no, no. If it's an error it should be fixed. There may be some people who get dragons because of their quirks, but there's other people who want the dragons with the fixed colours/genes.

Staff should rather release genes that do the all black markings or create an effect like the one Python has on f Pearlcatchers or whatever on purpose.

I want to be able to get my dream dragon in a specific colouration but I can't get it on my preferred breed because it's broken on that breed (Copper Runes) and I'm certain other people feel that way about some of the other art errors.
LkR1s2d.png
At least with my Guardian, it wasn't an error at the time because he exists pre-CWE. So I would argue his type of iri/shim isn't an error that needs to be fixed. IIRC, the staff said at the CWE that iri/shim were going to get "updated" and not "fixing errors." IMO, there is a difference in requesting something not being updated versus not being fixed.

And I do think think that the anatomy issues/color errors/genes outside the lines ought to be worked on first.
At least with my Guardian, it wasn't an error at the time because he exists pre-CWE. So I would argue his type of iri/shim isn't an error that needs to be fixed. IIRC, the staff said at the CWE that iri/shim were going to get "updated" and not "fixing errors." IMO, there is a difference in requesting something not being updated versus not being fixed.

And I do think think that the anatomy issues/color errors/genes outside the lines ought to be worked on first.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I don't want certain errors fixed, like the weird opacity on iridescent or the odd colours like with ultramarine seraph. They might have been errors but they've been around too long to change now. Much like how they shouldn't have changed the old colours (like seafoam) but it will never get changed back.

Things like genes going outside the lines or missing portions I do support being fixed.
I don't want certain errors fixed, like the weird opacity on iridescent or the odd colours like with ultramarine seraph. They might have been errors but they've been around too long to change now. Much like how they shouldn't have changed the old colours (like seafoam) but it will never get changed back.

Things like genes going outside the lines or missing portions I do support being fixed.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-10-21 11:21:30" ] At least with my Guardian, it wasn't an error at the time because he exists pre-CWE. So I would argue his type of iri/shim isn't an error that needs to be fixed. IIRC, the staff said at the CWE that iri/shim were going to get "updated" and not "fixing errors." IMO, there is a difference in requesting something not being updated versus not being fixed. And I do think think that the anatomy issues/color errors/genes outside the lines ought to be worked on first. [/quote] In the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1880521]CWE announcement thread[/url], they specified that the new-CWE Iri/Shim has incorrect shading opacity: [quote][b]Known issues that will be corrected:[/b] [list] [*]Iridescent and Shimmer's sheen is at incorrect brightness.[/list][/quote] The original 67 pre-CWE expansion colours (ie. Blue, Obsidian, Chocolate) are the ones with proper Iri/Shim shading- no errors there! Since your Guardian has colours from the original CWE, they won’t be touched, as the shading is correct on those. :0 The new colours (and likely Iri/Shim on all Bogsneak colours, as it’s the same problem) are the ones that were called a “known issue”. Undel also clarified [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1012680/72#post_20537747]here[/url] that the intensity of new-CWE Iri/Shim shading and highlights is an error.
gemajgall wrote on 2018-10-21 11:21:30:

In the CWE announcement thread, they specified that the new-CWE Iri/Shim has incorrect shading opacity:
Quote:
Known issues that will be corrected:
  • Iridescent and Shimmer's sheen is at incorrect brightness.

The original 67 pre-CWE expansion colours (ie. Blue, Obsidian, Chocolate) are the ones with proper Iri/Shim shading- no errors there! Since your Guardian has colours from the original CWE, they won’t be touched, as the shading is correct on those. :0 The new colours (and likely Iri/Shim on all Bogsneak colours, as it’s the same problem) are the ones that were called a “known issue”.

Undel also clarified here that the intensity of new-CWE Iri/Shim shading and highlights is an error.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
While I dislike change simply for change's sake, or in other words, 'revamping something just because it is old', I have always felt that art errors are things that should be changed.

This means that even if people do like it, IF it is an art error, it should be updated to fix said error.

I also would hate for old color Iri/shim to be changed, as I have several dragons with it, I may even have newer color dragons with it, but if it was a mistake, and the 3rd anniversary celebration thread says it is a 'known issue', so it seems like it is a mistake, it should be corrected.
While I dislike change simply for change's sake, or in other words, 'revamping something just because it is old', I have always felt that art errors are things that should be changed.

This means that even if people do like it, IF it is an art error, it should be updated to fix said error.

I also would hate for old color Iri/shim to be changed, as I have several dragons with it, I may even have newer color dragons with it, but if it was a mistake, and the 3rd anniversary celebration thread says it is a 'known issue', so it seems like it is a mistake, it should be corrected.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@/Jemadar - The old Iri/Shim is correct; it’s only the new Iri/Shim (like Sanguine, Orca, Cobalt, etc.) colours that are a “known issue”. People were reporting the new Iri/Shim as an error on the Incorrect Gene Colours thread, and the intense highlights are a confirmed mistake. So: The original 67 pre-update colours: Correct Iridescent/Shimmer style [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=59&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=35&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=59&auth=489505983485d0f693a1ef917550d9ebebf249d7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Crimson/Crimson; how Iri/Shim is supposed to look The 110(?) new colours added with CWE: [i]Incorrect[/i] Iridescent/Shimmer style; “will be corrected” [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=161&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=35&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=161&auth=5b16c6972299382b4c0bf575c4e5d0e0930cd813&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Garnet/Garnet (Crimson’s neighbor, new CWE); opacity error making the shadows and highlights too intense I’d be upset if they changed the original Iri/Shim, since that was [i]not[/i] stated to be an error. :’o It’s the new colours that are bugged, not the old ones.
@/Jemadar - The old Iri/Shim is correct; it’s only the new Iri/Shim (like Sanguine, Orca, Cobalt, etc.) colours that are a “known issue”. People were reporting the new Iri/Shim as an error on the Incorrect Gene Colours thread, and the intense highlights are a confirmed mistake.

So:
The original 67 pre-update colours: Correct Iridescent/Shimmer style
dragon?age=1&body=59&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=35&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=59&auth=489505983485d0f693a1ef917550d9ebebf249d7&dummyext=prev.png
Crimson/Crimson; how Iri/Shim is supposed to look

The 110(?) new colours added with CWE: Incorrect Iridescent/Shimmer style; “will be corrected”
dragon?age=1&body=161&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=35&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=161&auth=5b16c6972299382b4c0bf575c4e5d0e0930cd813&dummyext=prev.png
Garnet/Garnet (Crimson’s neighbor, new CWE); opacity error making the shadows and highlights too intense

I’d be upset if they changed the original Iri/Shim, since that was not stated to be an error. :’o It’s the new colours that are bugged, not the old ones.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Support for fixing art errors, im actually surprised they let things like coloring outside the lines slip through, as its pretty obvious in the examples, amd just looks plain sloppy.
Support for fixing art errors, im actually surprised they let things like coloring outside the lines slip through, as its pretty obvious in the examples, amd just looks plain sloppy.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
Thanks for the clarification!
Thanks for the clarification!
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="BlindBard" date="2018-10-21 11:13:23" ] Support. I love the newest set of genes, but I'd rather see some of the art errors fixed that have stopped me from buying certain colour/gene combos that I really want [b]for years[/b]. [...] No, no, no. If it's an error it should be fixed. There may be some people who get dragons because of their quirks, but there's other people who want the dragons with the fixed colours/genes. Staff should rather release genes that do the all black markings or create an effect like the one Python has on f Pearlcatchers or whatever [i]on purpose[/i]. I want to be able to get my dream dragon in a specific colouration but I can't get it on my preferred breed because it's broken on that breed (Copper Runes) and I'm certain other people feel that way about some of the other art errors. [/quote] You need to consider that some paid actual irl moneys to buys said genes, especially in the case of Iri/Shim I own a few dragons with the "wrong" shading myself (checked because of this thread) and I'd hate for them to change; I'm sure that for many others it's the same. Also it's absolutely not possible for them to do an identycal gene with slightly different colorations on a few colors only, just like they couldn't keep two versions of Jup/Sat
BlindBard wrote on 2018-10-21 11:13:23:
Support. I love the newest set of genes, but I'd rather see some of the art errors fixed that have stopped me from buying certain colour/gene combos that I really want for years.

[...]

No, no, no. If it's an error it should be fixed. There may be some people who get dragons because of their quirks, but there's other people who want the dragons with the fixed colours/genes.

Staff should rather release genes that do the all black markings or create an effect like the one Python has on f Pearlcatchers or whatever on purpose.

I want to be able to get my dream dragon in a specific colouration but I can't get it on my preferred breed because it's broken on that breed (Copper Runes) and I'm certain other people feel that way about some of the other art errors.

You need to consider that some paid actual irl moneys to buys said genes, especially in the case of Iri/Shim

I own a few dragons with the "wrong" shading myself (checked because of this thread) and I'd hate for them to change; I'm sure that for many others it's the same.

Also it's absolutely not possible for them to do an identycal gene with slightly different colorations on a few colors only, just like they couldn't keep two versions of Jup/Sat
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
the more people add to this and agree with me the more im ready to go up to the FR headquarters and offer to fix these gene mistakes myself hsdgfjdksfg
the more people add to this and agree with me the more im ready to go up to the FR headquarters and offer to fix these gene mistakes myself hsdgfjdksfg
lMwL.png
1 2 3 4