Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | fix other genes first
1 2 3 4
Support, I wouldn't mind getting no gene releases for a bit if it means errors are fixed. The last error fixed... was perhaps the issue male PCs had with Piebald that added blotches to their wings? That's all I can think of that got fixed anytime in the last 2-3 years. And adding onto the images already added, there's also Seraph on male PCs. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=8&breed=4&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=8&tertgene=9&winggene=5&wings=67&auth=b51886350b5a060a1c9b295e9a1aa59f3ebc0701&dummyext=prev.png[/img] That one random line up there, shows on all colours.
Support, I wouldn't mind getting no gene releases for a bit if it means errors are fixed. The last error fixed... was perhaps the issue male PCs had with Piebald that added blotches to their wings? That's all I can think of that got fixed anytime in the last 2-3 years.

And adding onto the images already added, there's also Seraph on male PCs.

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=8&breed=4&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=8&tertgene=9&winggene=5&wings=67&auth=b51886350b5a060a1c9b295e9a1aa59f3ebc0701&dummyext=prev.png

That one random line up there, shows on all colours.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Please FR, just fix the broken genes. :'< There's so many genes I actively avoid using in certain colors/on certain breeds because of problems with their artwork.

The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is iri/shim being "fixed" on new colors... mostly because it's been so long since they came out that I've gotten very used to and actually really like how vibrant and shiny they look.

But with obvious errors like colors going out of the lines, missing sections of genes, obviously wrong color errors, and shading errors (like with ringlets) I hope they get fixed eventually.

I really feel like staff just forgot about the art error report thread? I'd honestly be happy if they even just made some sort of announcement that they see the problems and are actively working on them. That and/or have a known error post like they had in the CWE announcement thread that is regularly updated so we at least know they've noticed these issues.
Please FR, just fix the broken genes. :'< There's so many genes I actively avoid using in certain colors/on certain breeds because of problems with their artwork.

The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is iri/shim being "fixed" on new colors... mostly because it's been so long since they came out that I've gotten very used to and actually really like how vibrant and shiny they look.

But with obvious errors like colors going out of the lines, missing sections of genes, obviously wrong color errors, and shading errors (like with ringlets) I hope they get fixed eventually.

I really feel like staff just forgot about the art error report thread? I'd honestly be happy if they even just made some sort of announcement that they see the problems and are actively working on them. That and/or have a known error post like they had in the CWE announcement thread that is regularly updated so we at least know they've noticed these issues.

She/Her || FR +3
G1s For Sale
don't ever fix ultramarine seraph
fix everything else
but i love ultramarine seraph soley because of the solid black
fix everything else
H9h42dL.png
I fully support this.

Even though I love the new genes, it’s offputting to find so many art errors that have gone unfixed, especially because some of the issues (colors going outside of lines, for example) could be fixed pretty easily? I’d be completely happy to see less updates and more fixes before the art errors snowball.
I fully support this.

Even though I love the new genes, it’s offputting to find so many art errors that have gone unfixed, especially because some of the issues (colors going outside of lines, for example) could be fixed pretty easily? I’d be completely happy to see less updates and more fixes before the art errors snowball.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
I would say “Newbies probably care more about new genes than old errors getting fixed, so maybe that’s why nothing has been fixed yet”, but... Even new players are gonna notice if they hatch a dragon with major gene errors, so I don’t think that can be used as an excuse, either. I’d also be happy to take a break from new genes for a bit if it meant that old gene errors would start to be fixed. Every new gene that comes out has at least [i]some[/i] kind of bug/art mistake, so every new gene unfortunately contributes to the stack of errors... :c I found some more, so I’ll post a few just for completion’s sake: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=5&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=10&tertgene=22&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=5425e311faa173936af91a28323df7c3c4ab4457&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Firefly’s glow clips out of the image border on some dragons. (Top and left on Ridgeback hatchlings) [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=5&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=6&wings=131&auth=728a0089ecdcc15f208755f543aed8bbc6c4f0f7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Male Ridgebacks’ far wing is missing the front half of its Current pattern! ... man, poor male Ridgebacks have it rough with these [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=25&breed=13&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=b830910e0689d0b7de7d4f402ccad39af3f7baf9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=43&bodygene=25&breed=13&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=43&auth=688a30629e5cd2c2872815966317487834b83c96&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Adult Skydancers’ antennae and forehead jewels are miscoloured (or uncoloured) with Lionfish. Males always have orange antennae and head jewels, and females always have grey. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=1&auth=1c62071a9456ea6388fe4d65d331eb9e5be74d8d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I mentioned this earlier, but male Nocs lose their neck frill shading with Noxtide (how???). Hatchlings and females are normal. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=92&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=0&winggene=17&wings=103&auth=43b4c9f56c56bddfdf8db752399deba1df76cbbe&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Metallic/Alloy on female Nocs has a grey highlight on all colours, instead of tinted like it is on male Nocs and all other breeds: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=92&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=128&tertgene=0&winggene=17&wings=103&auth=68b26a319864602519b4bd5f4d2ee95ec172c749&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=10&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=20&tertgene=0&winggene=3&wings=131&auth=6249345969f0ca397fca964680f6bf882554dd4e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The pale neck markings on male Nocturnes’ necks with Cherub bleed into their throat/belly scales. Females and hatchlings are normal. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=19&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=1&tertgene=0&winggene=19&wings=1&auth=d9cdd5f1dea8dbb82eb6d30ff0f68ec47570db03&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=149&bodygene=19&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=1&auth=3d2ec644fbd6e541969baf4265999bc223ba6219&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Male Pearlcatchers with Jaguar are missing the differently-coloured belly present in PC females and hatchings, as well as all other breeds. Unless it’s the male PC that’s correct, and all other breeds/genders/ages are bugged? [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=149&bodygene=19&breed=5&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=50&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=1&auth=67bacadb2f93a9986b1b5e2239ee427d7e242e28&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=19&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=1&auth=2b675aaacc2a485079671ce36a91c6b1f71ae098&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I would say “Newbies probably care more about new genes than old errors getting fixed, so maybe that’s why nothing has been fixed yet”, but... Even new players are gonna notice if they hatch a dragon with major gene errors, so I don’t think that can be used as an excuse, either.

I’d also be happy to take a break from new genes for a bit if it meant that old gene errors would start to be fixed. Every new gene that comes out has at least some kind of bug/art mistake, so every new gene unfortunately contributes to the stack of errors... :c

I found some more, so I’ll post a few just for completion’s sake:
dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=5&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=10&tertgene=22&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=5425e311faa173936af91a28323df7c3c4ab4457&dummyext=prev.png
Firefly’s glow clips out of the image border on some dragons. (Top and left on Ridgeback hatchlings)
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=5&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=6&wings=131&auth=728a0089ecdcc15f208755f543aed8bbc6c4f0f7&dummyext=prev.png
Male Ridgebacks’ far wing is missing the front half of its Current pattern!
... man, poor male Ridgebacks have it rough with these

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=25&breed=13&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=b830910e0689d0b7de7d4f402ccad39af3f7baf9&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=43&bodygene=25&breed=13&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=43&auth=688a30629e5cd2c2872815966317487834b83c96&dummyext=prev.png
Adult Skydancers’ antennae and forehead jewels are miscoloured (or uncoloured) with Lionfish. Males always have orange antennae and head jewels, and females always have grey.
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=1&auth=1c62071a9456ea6388fe4d65d331eb9e5be74d8d&dummyext=prev.png
I mentioned this earlier, but male Nocs lose their neck frill shading with Noxtide (how???). Hatchlings and females are normal.

dragon?age=1&body=92&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=0&winggene=17&wings=103&auth=43b4c9f56c56bddfdf8db752399deba1df76cbbe&dummyext=prev.png
Metallic/Alloy on female Nocs has a grey highlight on all colours, instead of tinted like it is on male Nocs and all other breeds:
dragon?age=1&body=92&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=128&tertgene=0&winggene=17&wings=103&auth=68b26a319864602519b4bd5f4d2ee95ec172c749&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=10&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=20&tertgene=0&winggene=3&wings=131&auth=6249345969f0ca397fca964680f6bf882554dd4e&dummyext=prev.png
The pale neck markings on male Nocturnes’ necks with Cherub bleed into their throat/belly scales. Females and hatchlings are normal.
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=19&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=1&tertgene=0&winggene=19&wings=1&auth=d9cdd5f1dea8dbb82eb6d30ff0f68ec47570db03&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=149&bodygene=19&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=1&auth=3d2ec644fbd6e541969baf4265999bc223ba6219&dummyext=prev.png
Male Pearlcatchers with Jaguar are missing the differently-coloured belly present in PC females and hatchings, as well as all other breeds. Unless it’s the male PC that’s correct, and all other breeds/genders/ages are bugged?
dragon?age=1&body=149&bodygene=19&breed=5&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=50&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=1&auth=67bacadb2f93a9986b1b5e2239ee427d7e242e28&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=19&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=1&auth=2b675aaacc2a485079671ce36a91c6b1f71ae098&dummyext=prev.png
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Staff posted when the new colors came out that iri/shimmeoukd be fixed. Please staff, it’s been years. Do what you said you would.
Staff posted when the new colors came out that iri/shimmeoukd be fixed. Please staff, it’s been years. Do what you said you would.
ZQGfAQY.png
[quote name="Vianti" date="2018-10-20 23:05:39" ] Please FR, just fix the broken genes. :'< There's so many genes I actively avoid using in certain colors/on certain breeds because of problems with their artwork. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is iri/shim being "fixed" on new colors... mostly because it's been so long since they came out that I've gotten very used to and actually really like how vibrant and shiny they look. But with obvious errors like colors going out of the lines, missing sections of genes, obviously wrong color errors, and shading errors (like with ringlets) I hope they get fixed eventually. [/quote] [quote name="HazelBird02" date="2018-10-20 23:53:59" ] don't ever fix ultramarine seraph fix everything else but i love ultramarine seraph soley because of the solid black [i][tough in regard to this one, mist seraph on M ridges should be fixed, it's vastly different than just different coloring][/i] [/quote] Both of these Things like the different shading in iri-shim and different coloring on fem PC's phyton shouldn't be touched Some ppl got dragons, or plan to, [u]because[/u] of their quirky colorings But actual art errors? Please fix them It seems that every new gene has errors but anyway, I'm writing down here what I think are actual art errors that should be fixed - Genes that go outside the lines: - Contour on baby WCs (and some others I believe) - Underbelly on F bogs - Ghost on M ridges - Smirch on F nocs - Cherub on M nocs - Missing portions: - Okapi on baby guardians - Nails on most skydancers with jaguar - Runes on the horns of F tundras - The uncolored bit on mist seraph of M ridges - Current on M ridges - Lionfish on skydancers (gem and antennaes) - Possibly the eye-ridge of F tundras [i](unsure about this one, since it seems to be consistent on most genes and some ppl may like it)[/i] - Missing/misplaced shading/trasparency: - Noxtide on M nocs's frills - Ringlets on all breeds - The missing plate on iridescent M ridges - Other: - Seraph on M PCs (weird white line) - Capsule on M spirals [i](It's an art/perspective error, let's be honest, but this one is iffy bc some ppl do like it and used it on their dragons)[/i] There are probably more, please remind me if there are bc I want to add them in As for things I think should not get touched [b](A lot of ppl are fond of these and got the genes for their dragons especially because of them. [u]Sometimes using irl moneys in the case of iri/shim.[/u])[/b] - Extra gradient on the belly of F guardians w/Petals - Ultramarine seraph on all breeds - Iri/shim on the new colors [i](tough I don't support "updating the shading on old colors" either, same argument as above)[/i] - Phyton on F PCs - Alloy's highlights on fem nocs - Jaguar's underbelly on M PCs Again, there are probably more, I'll update if I remember of more
Vianti wrote on 2018-10-20 23:05:39:

HazelBird02 wrote on 2018-10-20 23:53:59:
fix everything else

[tough in regard to this one, mist seraph on M ridges should be fixed, it's vastly different than just different coloring]

Both of these
Things like the different shading in iri-shim and different coloring on fem PC's phyton shouldn't be touched
Some ppl got dragons, or plan to, because of their quirky colorings

But actual art errors?
Please fix them
It seems that every new gene has errors
but anyway, I'm writing down here what I think are actual art errors that should be fixed

- Genes that go outside the lines:
- Contour on baby WCs (and some others I believe)
- Underbelly on F bogs
- Ghost on M ridges
- Smirch on F nocs
- Cherub on M nocs

- Missing portions:
- Okapi on baby guardians
- Nails on most skydancers with jaguar
- Runes on the horns of F tundras
- The uncolored bit on mist seraph of M ridges
- Current on M ridges
- Lionfish on skydancers (gem and antennaes)
- Possibly the eye-ridge of F tundras (unsure about this one, since it seems to be consistent on most genes and some ppl may like it)

- Missing/misplaced shading/trasparency:
- Noxtide on M nocs's frills
- Ringlets on all breeds
- The missing plate on iridescent M ridges

- Other:
- Seraph on M PCs (weird white line)
- Capsule on M spirals (It's an art/perspective error, let's be honest, but this one is iffy bc some ppl do like it and used it on their dragons)

There are probably more, please remind me if there are bc I want to add them in

As for things I think should not get touched (A lot of ppl are fond of these and got the genes for their dragons especially because of them. Sometimes using irl moneys in the case of iri/shim.)

- Extra gradient on the belly of F guardians w/Petals
- Ultramarine seraph on all breeds
- Iri/shim on the new colors (tough I don't support "updating the shading on old colors" either, same argument as above)
- Phyton on F PCs
- Alloy's highlights on fem nocs
- Jaguar's underbelly on M PCs

Again, there are probably more, I'll update if I remember of more
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
I do feel the same as above about the iri/shim future update. I like how many colors are in the old iri/shim, and I would hate to see all those hues go away. Especially in this guy: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/63086/6308589_350.png[/img] If his coloration were simplified like the new iri/shim, his primary and secondary would look terrible together. As it is now, all the hues really compliment each other.
I do feel the same as above about the iri/shim future update. I like how many colors are in the old iri/shim, and I would hate to see all those hues go away. Especially in this guy:

6308589_350.png

If his coloration were simplified like the new iri/shim, his primary and secondary would look terrible together. As it is now, all the hues really compliment each other.

Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
So many artbugs and they are still pumping out new stuff , thats also kinda bugged. I really wish that they would fix the bigger ones ,where colours are missing etc
So many artbugs and they are still pumping out new stuff , thats also kinda bugged. I really wish that they would fix the bigger ones ,where colours are missing etc
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
Iridescent/Shimmer on new colours is an actual art error, though, and one that we were promised would be fixed 2 years ago. :( I know that there are people who like the bugged shading on new-colour Iri/Shim, but in fairness, staff did clarify (on CWE expansion day, I believe) that it was an error that will be corrected. They said that the shading opacity was set incorrectly and will be adjusted in the future so that it matches the old CWE Iri/Shim shading style.

It’s just a matter of when (if ever) now, haha... :’v

They should definitely at least fix the issues with missing colours and colours going out of the lineart, though. Those ones are pretty glaring.
Iridescent/Shimmer on new colours is an actual art error, though, and one that we were promised would be fixed 2 years ago. :( I know that there are people who like the bugged shading on new-colour Iri/Shim, but in fairness, staff did clarify (on CWE expansion day, I believe) that it was an error that will be corrected. They said that the shading opacity was set incorrectly and will be adjusted in the future so that it matches the old CWE Iri/Shim shading style.

It’s just a matter of when (if ever) now, haha... :’v

They should definitely at least fix the issues with missing colours and colours going out of the lineart, though. Those ones are pretty glaring.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
1 2 3 4