Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Coli] Toggle OFF 'Flee' & 'Victory'
I use the keyboard now to coli, and since I'm human and a fast typist, I'm often faster than the screen. Once I get the breath right, I'm basically locked into A > F /click to go "Abilities" > " Eliminate" > Click on target. However, sometimes I get ahead of the screen, A > Abiilities gets missed, and the coli thinks I"m jumping to the other F (Flee). For some reason that window has no keyboard controls either, so I have to change my mouse position to go back to the battle. [b]I'd like to be able to turn off/turn on the Flee button in my account settings. [/b] I'm never going to take the -2 Energy hit while Ctrl + R or clicking Home » Play Home » [b]The Coliseum[/b] is a thing. The only thing Ctrl does is get rid of my Breath. Flee takes away fighter energy [i]AND [/i]Breath, so it's obviously a non-option because it's so uselessly punishing. What does robbing the player of energy for choosing to Flee accomplish? It means the player will, and should be rightly expected, to find a different option to be less punishing. If things were reversed, like me refreshing to escape gave me a penalty, then believe me I'd spam click Flee every time I saw a Boss at half-Breath rather than risk getting killed and loosing 5 Energy or refreshing and loosing 2 Energy. The design of that is so backwards.... *cough* I was thinking of image-blocking the Flee button through Ad-block, but 1) I don't know if that will hide the keyboard command as well and 2) I know the staff gets testy when anyone messes with their "vision" and I don't feel like dealing with them thinking I'm a bot for blocking something, or however it is they do it. So, yeah, please, [b]add an option to remove turn the Flee button Off from my settings. Or better yet, let me adjust visible coli-screen buttons regardless so I can check off what buttons I'd like to use?[/b] Controls (the gamepad) and Options (gear) don't actually need to be on every coli battle screen. Since what are the odds that I'm going to want to change my settings between every battle ("For this fight I want flashes!" "Oh, wait no, changed my mind" *turns rich visuals on instead*), that should go on the main The Coliseum page, as they are settings for the whole coliseum, not just the individual battle screen. To be fair, I'd honestly only have Abilities and Defend as available buttons for me to click. Items I never use and Flee I don't want to trigger. The coli requires no strategy but abilities, so there's no strategic timing for potions that I'll ever need (see Ctrl+R again) And if it's less for my screen to have to load, the happier I am. The only one that might have a place in attle is Fullscreen, but I think it can happily go into the upper right corner, also out of the way of misclicks. ----------------------------------------- Edit: Additional thing.... [center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/jMFAcbc.png[/img] [/center] Also, I'd love to be able to Toggle off the 'Victory' screen while we're at it. If that's not going to be connected to the keyboard, then I'd rather skip having to click '[s]Continue[/s]' 'Fight On!' as well. I've been working the Mire for literal years and there's literally nothing I'd be "excited" to see in my Victory screen. If there was ever the chance of enough loot dropping to fill the whole block, it might be different, because that's a hell of a visual stimulus to increase some dopamine flow right there. But getting tops only one filled line ever (maybe with one dangler in the second line) with the same stuff I've been getting all along isn't really visually encouraging. Nor is any fight in the coli so stimulating that seeing 'Victory!' actually feels like a reward anyway. If I have to be a human bot, then I'd like my time wastedi in the Coli to be as efficient as possible. I don't honestly even look at my Victory window, because I'm usually watching something else in another browser anyway I get more of a pleasure hit when I go to hoardsell stuff after a grinding session and discover a surprise piece of apparel. That legitimately makes me light up, but usually since those things drop so rarely I don't have the Victory fight image of it cached, so I've usually clicked 'Fight On!' before it loads. So I'd have never seen it in-play anyway. So I'd honestly just love to skip the "Victory" part too if I can. Consider this an addendum to the original "Toggle OFF Flee suggestion.
I use the keyboard now to coli, and since I'm human and a fast typist, I'm often faster than the screen. Once I get the breath right, I'm basically locked into A > F /click to go "Abilities" > " Eliminate" > Click on target.

However, sometimes I get ahead of the screen, A > Abiilities gets missed, and the coli thinks I"m jumping to the other F (Flee).

For some reason that window has no keyboard controls either, so I have to change my mouse position to go back to the battle.

I'd like to be able to turn off/turn on the Flee button in my account settings.

I'm never going to take the -2 Energy hit while Ctrl + R or clicking Home » Play Home » The Coliseum is a thing. The only thing Ctrl does is get rid of my Breath. Flee takes away fighter energy AND Breath, so it's obviously a non-option because it's so uselessly punishing. What does robbing the player of energy for choosing to Flee accomplish? It means the player will, and should be rightly expected, to find a different option to be less punishing. If things were reversed, like me refreshing to escape gave me a penalty, then believe me I'd spam click Flee every time I saw a Boss at half-Breath rather than risk getting killed and loosing 5 Energy or refreshing and loosing 2 Energy. The design of that is so backwards....

*cough*

I was thinking of image-blocking the Flee button through Ad-block, but 1) I don't know if that will hide the keyboard command as well and 2) I know the staff gets testy when anyone messes with their "vision" and I don't feel like dealing with them thinking I'm a bot for blocking something, or however it is they do it.

So, yeah, please, add an option to remove turn the Flee button Off from my settings. Or better yet, let me adjust visible coli-screen buttons regardless so I can check off what buttons I'd like to use?

Controls (the gamepad) and Options (gear) don't actually need to be on every coli battle screen. Since what are the odds that I'm going to want to change my settings between every battle ("For this fight I want flashes!" "Oh, wait no, changed my mind" *turns rich visuals on instead*), that should go on the main The Coliseum page, as they are settings for the whole coliseum, not just the individual battle screen.

To be fair, I'd honestly only have Abilities and Defend as available buttons for me to click. Items I never use and Flee I don't want to trigger. The coli requires no strategy but abilities, so there's no strategic timing for potions that I'll ever need (see Ctrl+R again)

And if it's less for my screen to have to load, the happier I am. The only one that might have a place in attle is Fullscreen, but I think it can happily go into the upper right corner, also out of the way of misclicks.

Edit: Additional thing....
jMFAcbc.png

Also, I'd love to be able to Toggle off the 'Victory' screen while we're at it. If that's not going to be connected to the keyboard, then I'd rather skip having to click 'Continue' 'Fight On!' as well.

I've been working the Mire for literal years and there's literally nothing I'd be "excited" to see in my Victory screen. If there was ever the chance of enough loot dropping to fill the whole block, it might be different, because that's a hell of a visual stimulus to increase some dopamine flow right there. But getting tops only one filled line ever (maybe with one dangler in the second line) with the same stuff I've been getting all along isn't really visually encouraging. Nor is any fight in the coli so stimulating that seeing 'Victory!' actually feels like a reward anyway.

If I have to be a human bot, then I'd like my time wastedi in the Coli to be as efficient as possible. I don't honestly even look at my Victory window, because I'm usually watching something else in another browser anyway

I get more of a pleasure hit when I go to hoardsell stuff after a grinding session and discover a surprise piece of apparel. That legitimately makes me light up, but usually since those things drop so rarely I don't have the Victory fight image of it cached, so I've usually clicked 'Fight On!' before it loads. So I'd have never seen it in-play anyway.

So I'd honestly just love to skip the "Victory" part too if I can. Consider this an addendum to the original "Toggle OFF Flee suggestion.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Amut [quote]I use the keyboard now to coli, and since I'm human and a fast typist, I'm often faster than the screen.[/quote]Same. I'm glad we have keyboard controls and I love them, but even now I'm still not used to this lag. While the presence of the Flee button is debatable (I always refresh or navigate out of battles instead of using it, but I know that's probably 'officially' frowned on), there's absolutely no reason for the function to have a hotkey. 1. It's too easy to hit accidentally since F is used for other stages of the coli, as you mentioned. 2. It's not something you'd be doing repeatedly in the normal flow of battle. 3. Even if you do want to use the flee function, once you try it, you [b]still[/b] have to click a second button in the pop-up to do so, and that button isn't hotkeyed. (Mind you, I'm not saying that it [b]should[/b] be, because it would be all the easier to get dumped out of battles accidentally, but if fleeing can't ever be a completely mouse-free option, why bother hotkeying it in the first place?) I like a lot of your reorganization options personally, but if they would be too difficult or controversial to implement, it would help instead if they allowed users to program which functions they want hotkeyed, and which keys to use for them. For [b]many[/b] reasons. My mobile device has a QWERTY keyboard, and it's great to be able to fight in the coli using that...except that the W, S, and R keys all have browser functions, so when I need to hit them during a battle, I have to immediately click back out of window selection/search/readability mode. Plus, this way players could choose to hotkey Fight On (which is requested here constantly) with whichever key was best for them.
@Amut
Quote:
I use the keyboard now to coli, and since I'm human and a fast typist, I'm often faster than the screen.
Same. I'm glad we have keyboard controls and I love them, but even now I'm still not used to this lag.

While the presence of the Flee button is debatable (I always refresh or navigate out of battles instead of using it, but I know that's probably 'officially' frowned on), there's absolutely no reason for the function to have a hotkey.

1. It's too easy to hit accidentally since F is used for other stages of the coli, as you mentioned.

2. It's not something you'd be doing repeatedly in the normal flow of battle.

3. Even if you do want to use the flee function, once you try it, you still have to click a second button in the pop-up to do so, and that button isn't hotkeyed. (Mind you, I'm not saying that it should be, because it would be all the easier to get dumped out of battles accidentally, but if fleeing can't ever be a completely mouse-free option, why bother hotkeying it in the first place?)

I like a lot of your reorganization options personally, but if they would be too difficult or controversial to implement, it would help instead if they allowed users to program which functions they want hotkeyed, and which keys to use for them.

For many reasons. My mobile device has a QWERTY keyboard, and it's great to be able to fight in the coli using that...except that the W, S, and R keys all have browser functions, so when I need to hit them during a battle, I have to immediately click back out of window selection/search/readability mode.

Plus, this way players could choose to hotkey Fight On (which is requested here constantly) with whichever key was best for them.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Why can't it be mapped to, I dunno, Z or X or literally any of the billion and one keys the keyboard has???? Double mapping for the F key is just so unnecessary.
Why can't it be mapped to, I dunno, Z or X or literally any of the billion and one keys the keyboard has???? Double mapping for the F key is just so unnecessary.
I wouldn't want to get rid of the "Flee" option entirely. It's true that no one uses it, but it's still how the Coli is "supposed" to be used. I'd simply want to remove it from keyboard controls. This would force the user to manually click on the Flee button in order to flee, which is only a minor inconvenience.

(Obviously the ideal would be allowing us to map our own keys, but I understand this is unlikely to happen in the near future.)
I wouldn't want to get rid of the "Flee" option entirely. It's true that no one uses it, but it's still how the Coli is "supposed" to be used. I'd simply want to remove it from keyboard controls. This would force the user to manually click on the Flee button in order to flee, which is only a minor inconvenience.

(Obviously the ideal would be allowing us to map our own keys, but I understand this is unlikely to happen in the near future.)
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Quote:
I wouldn't want to get rid of the "Flee" option entirely. It's true that no one uses it, but it's still how the Coli is "supposed" to be used.

Not "get rid of" just the OPTION to toggle it out of sight/control. I understand thematically it should be there, if the ability to attack is there, the ability to flee should also be there. But it gets in the way as it is because I'm faster than the screen and coli is enough of a slog without me having to deliberately count to two between presses.

As Lara8 mentioned, it would be unsafe to have the popup be hotlinked to remove it, a mouse/trackpad gets involved regardless.

So either it's better that I can "hide" the Flee button (which is easy), make the button P or L (for leave) or something really out of the way (which is even easierr) or disable it's hotlink to F as that also doing double-duty as a battlestone hotlink and it shouldn't (almost the nuke option).

Quote:
I wouldn't want to get rid of the "Flee" option entirely. It's true that no one uses it, but it's still how the Coli is "supposed" to be used.

Not "get rid of" just the OPTION to toggle it out of sight/control. I understand thematically it should be there, if the ability to attack is there, the ability to flee should also be there. But it gets in the way as it is because I'm faster than the screen and coli is enough of a slog without me having to deliberately count to two between presses.

As Lara8 mentioned, it would be unsafe to have the popup be hotlinked to remove it, a mouse/trackpad gets involved regardless.

So either it's better that I can "hide" the Flee button (which is easy), make the button P or L (for leave) or something really out of the way (which is even easierr) or disable it's hotlink to F as that also doing double-duty as a battlestone hotlink and it shouldn't (almost the nuke option).

Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
[quote name="SoulOfChaos" date="2018-09-04 06:11:16" ] Why can't it be mapped to, I dunno, Z or X or literally any of the billion and one keys the keyboard has???? Double mapping for the F key is just so unnecessary. [/quote] [color=indigo] I agree with this, I like the keyboard controls a lot and am very grateful for them but I don't like the double mapping because I'm also too fast for the coli half the time. I end up defending a lot because I hit A for attack and D for eliminate in rapid succession, but only the D registers because of the lag so it turns into a defend. I wish we could set our own keybindings but if that is unfeasible, I would really like if each coli option was set to a different key to avoid these kinds of problems.
SoulOfChaos wrote on 2018-09-04 06:11:16:

I agree with this, I like the keyboard controls a lot and am very grateful for them but I don't like the double mapping because I'm also too fast for the coli half the time. I end up defending a lot because I hit A for attack and D for eliminate in rapid succession, but only the D registers because of the lag so it turns into a defend. I wish we could set our own keybindings but if that is unfeasible, I would really like if each coli option was set to a different key to avoid these kinds of problems.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I would rather have the ability to customize our keyboard binds, to be honest. It seems like such a small thing, to not want to Flee or Defend, but depending on someone's personal preferences or even potential injuries or disabilities, the default keybinds may not be feasible. Allowing us to choose our own keybinds would help to eliminate the Flee/Defend issue as well, since those of us who don't want to use those options could map them to something like P or O, far away from our other keybinds, so they won't ever accidentally be pressed.
I would rather have the ability to customize our keyboard binds, to be honest. It seems like such a small thing, to not want to Flee or Defend, but depending on someone's personal preferences or even potential injuries or disabilities, the default keybinds may not be feasible. Allowing us to choose our own keybinds would help to eliminate the Flee/Defend issue as well, since those of us who don't want to use those options could map them to something like P or O, far away from our other keybinds, so they won't ever accidentally be pressed.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
Support for rebinding. Allowing people to change binds is a simpler and more accessible solution than removing the button.
Support for rebinding. Allowing people to change binds is a simpler and more accessible solution than removing the button.
Supporting a way to remove the "flee", as it's utterly useless. If you need to restart, refreshing is way better.
Supporting a way to remove the "flee", as it's utterly useless. If you need to restart, refreshing is way better.
66MHIIb.png
New Thread Additional thing.... [center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/jMFAcbc.png[/img] [/center] Also, I'd love to be able to Toggle off the 'Victory' screen while we're at it. If that's not going to be connected to the keyboard, then I'd rather skip having to click '[s]Continue[/s]' 'Fight On!' as well. I've been working the Mire for literal years and there's literally nothing I'd be "excited" to see in my Victory screen. If there was ever the chance of enough loot dropping to fill the whole block, it might be different, because that's a hell of a visual stimulus to increase some dopamine flow right there. But getting tops only one filled line ever (maybe with one dangler in the second line) with the same stuff I've been getting all along isn't really visually encouraging. Nor is any fight in the coli so stimulating that seeing 'Victory!' actually feels like a reward anyway. If I have to be a human bot, then I'd like my time wastedi in the Coli to be as efficient as possible. I don't honestly even look at my Victory window, because I'm usually watching something else in another browser anyway I get more of a pleasure hit when I go to hoardsell stuff after a grinding session and discover a surprise piece of apparel. That legitimately makes me light up, but usually since those things drop so rarely I don't have the Victory fight image of it cached, so I've usually clicked 'Fight On!' before it loads. So I'd have never seen it in-play anyway. So I'd honestly just love to skip the "Victory" part too if I can, let me run until something kills me and let me be pleasantly surprised when I "go home" to the Hoard. Consider this an addendum to the original "Toggle OFF Flee suggestion.
New Thread Additional thing....
jMFAcbc.png

Also, I'd love to be able to Toggle off the 'Victory' screen while we're at it. If that's not going to be connected to the keyboard, then I'd rather skip having to click 'Continue' 'Fight On!' as well.

I've been working the Mire for literal years and there's literally nothing I'd be "excited" to see in my Victory screen. If there was ever the chance of enough loot dropping to fill the whole block, it might be different, because that's a hell of a visual stimulus to increase some dopamine flow right there. But getting tops only one filled line ever (maybe with one dangler in the second line) with the same stuff I've been getting all along isn't really visually encouraging. Nor is any fight in the coli so stimulating that seeing 'Victory!' actually feels like a reward anyway.

If I have to be a human bot, then I'd like my time wastedi in the Coli to be as efficient as possible. I don't honestly even look at my Victory window, because I'm usually watching something else in another browser anyway

I get more of a pleasure hit when I go to hoardsell stuff after a grinding session and discover a surprise piece of apparel. That legitimately makes me light up, but usually since those things drop so rarely I don't have the Victory fight image of it cached, so I've usually clicked 'Fight On!' before it loads. So I'd have never seen it in-play anyway.

So I'd honestly just love to skip the "Victory" part too if I can, let me run until something kills me and let me be pleasantly surprised when I "go home" to the Hoard. Consider this an addendum to the original "Toggle OFF Flee suggestion.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]