Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Unnamed Exalting - OWN DRAGONS.
1 2 3 4
The reason people complain about unnamed is because they dislike the fact that the dragon they down't own is not named to their liking. How would naming them anything else be any different? Whether all the dragons are names Unnamed, unknown, Frank, Pooleeze, ButtHead or anything else is harly important to them. Its not what they want so they make a huge deal out of it.

No support. You can allready name all the dragons you own and all other dragons do not concern you if their names are not againt the FR rules.
The reason people complain about unnamed is because they dislike the fact that the dragon they down't own is not named to their liking. How would naming them anything else be any different? Whether all the dragons are names Unnamed, unknown, Frank, Pooleeze, ButtHead or anything else is harly important to them. Its not what they want so they make a huge deal out of it.

No support. You can allready name all the dragons you own and all other dragons do not concern you if their names are not againt the FR rules.
I feel op should put their original suggestion back or at least including part of it, because they had never for once talking about dragons they sell, but about dragons they exalt.
I feel op should put their original suggestion back or at least including part of it, because they had never for once talking about dragons they sell, but about dragons they exalt.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
Exactly. I was talking about dragons I exalt. Not anyone else's.
Exactly. I was talking about dragons I exalt. Not anyone else's.
tumblr_inline_nv9bar5lwf1qfzxwy_250.png
And I redid the thing again.
And I redid the thing again.
@Ozzy

Then it probably would be a good idea to clarify. If the original suggestion was about dragons you exalted, then it changes things. (however, I was mainly talking about changing unnamed to unknown because it seemed like you were suggesting changing the default name to unknown)

Many people who bring this up want to rename the dragons they sell to other people unnamed ,because they often get exalted unnamed.

I would support a way for users to rename any dragon they personally exalted (since we know that at least the name and who exalted it is kept, it wouldn't really mean any more data needing to be kept) for a fee. This includes naming unnameds as well as renaming any dragon they no longer really like the name of.

However, Ialso think this should come with a tightening of the rules to explicitly state that contacting other people about renaming dragons could (notice could) be considered harassment and it is best to simply not do it. While most people don't know who exalted their dragons, sometimes players are fast enough to see the dragons in the lair, and can get an idea of at least who bought the dragon.

One such PM isn't much, but for heavy exalters I can only imagine the number of PMs/profile comments etc.. they get about things of this nature.
@Ozzy

Then it probably would be a good idea to clarify. If the original suggestion was about dragons you exalted, then it changes things. (however, I was mainly talking about changing unnamed to unknown because it seemed like you were suggesting changing the default name to unknown)

Many people who bring this up want to rename the dragons they sell to other people unnamed ,because they often get exalted unnamed.

I would support a way for users to rename any dragon they personally exalted (since we know that at least the name and who exalted it is kept, it wouldn't really mean any more data needing to be kept) for a fee. This includes naming unnameds as well as renaming any dragon they no longer really like the name of.

However, Ialso think this should come with a tightening of the rules to explicitly state that contacting other people about renaming dragons could (notice could) be considered harassment and it is best to simply not do it. While most people don't know who exalted their dragons, sometimes players are fast enough to see the dragons in the lair, and can get an idea of at least who bought the dragon.

One such PM isn't much, but for heavy exalters I can only imagine the number of PMs/profile comments etc.. they get about things of this nature.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
The original stated that, I've edited the post multiple times, but yeah, I mean for dragons I exalt personally. I accidentally exalt dragons with no name from time to time and go. "NO, I FORGOT TO NAME IT." I don't know if anyone else has the same feeling but that's what I mean. If you specifically forget to name it, you should have the option to name it while exalted. I do like the fee option.
The original stated that, I've edited the post multiple times, but yeah, I mean for dragons I exalt personally. I accidentally exalt dragons with no name from time to time and go. "NO, I FORGOT TO NAME IT." I don't know if anyone else has the same feeling but that's what I mean. If you specifically forget to name it, you should have the option to name it while exalted. I do like the fee option.
Support!

I try to name every dragon I exalt, but a couple have slipped past me before, and I always feel kind of bad about it, haha. It’s not a big deal, but being able to name dragons I’ve exalted after accidentally sending them away unnamed would be nice.
Support!

I try to name every dragon I exalt, but a couple have slipped past me before, and I always feel kind of bad about it, haha. It’s not a big deal, but being able to name dragons I’ve exalted after accidentally sending them away unnamed would be nice.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I am still not sure if this would solve the perceived issue - the grace period sounds nice, but wouldn't placate those that exalted before this (though I like it in theory, even though with it the harassers would have 48 hours to harass on "incorrect naming" choices).

The change of unnamed to unknown seems like an empty change - as in, it exchanges one "no name" for another "no name" and would probably just cause just as many hate as the current; I'm not in favour of any empty changes.
I am still not sure if this would solve the perceived issue - the grace period sounds nice, but wouldn't placate those that exalted before this (though I like it in theory, even though with it the harassers would have 48 hours to harass on "incorrect naming" choices).

The change of unnamed to unknown seems like an empty change - as in, it exchanges one "no name" for another "no name" and would probably just cause just as many hate as the current; I'm not in favour of any empty changes.
JQQ3Fjt.png
I would like to be able to rename dragons (with a name I choose, not another default name... that seems pointless to me) I've exalted for a fee during the same period I could unexalt them. I don't see a reason why not except for the potential for harassment, and I don't think a few people's bad behavior should dictate the kind of things we have available to us. I don't see why this couldn't be, what with the option to unexalt dragons now. You could unexalt and rename now and then exalt again with the same outcome. Except that seems quite silly, seeing as we have a limit on dragons we can unexalt.
I would like to be able to rename dragons (with a name I choose, not another default name... that seems pointless to me) I've exalted for a fee during the same period I could unexalt them. I don't see a reason why not except for the potential for harassment, and I don't think a few people's bad behavior should dictate the kind of things we have available to us. I don't see why this couldn't be, what with the option to unexalt dragons now. You could unexalt and rename now and then exalt again with the same outcome. Except that seems quite silly, seeing as we have a limit on dragons we can unexalt.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I can support a grace period.

What I am having a problem with, is the fact that people will harrass the exalter about renaming a dragon. Like a breeder harrassing the exalter cause they dislike the unnamed in their breeding pair's offspring list.
I can support a grace period.

What I am having a problem with, is the fact that people will harrass the exalter about renaming a dragon. Like a breeder harrassing the exalter cause they dislike the unnamed in their breeding pair's offspring list.
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
1 2 3 4